PDA

View Full Version : Are you football(European) fan?

Sarmata
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Well Im total crazy about football, Im fan of my local football team(not so active like few years ago but still...if my wife allow me ofcourse;)).

http://i41.tinypic.com/hx3y36.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/14sdzdw.jpg

Loyalist
02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes, I love playing and watching it. I wish it would become more popular in North America, but its fan base is mostly the Italian and Portuguese dispoara, so it's seen as an "ethnic" sport which alienates the Anglo-Canadian populace.

Creeping Death
02-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Well Im total crazy about football, Im fan of my local football team(not so active like few years ago but still...if my wife allow me ofcourse;)).

The end result of the professionalism of the game Soccer, vast sums of cash are available to be made from sponsers resulting in huge paypackets. The destructive result is that teams rather than invest money into their own nations division leagues , find it more efficient to import players from South America. In the end the game suffers as Europe's up and coming players are shut out from talent purchases. And South Americas game degenerates as all their top players are overseas. That is the state of soccer.

Sarmata
02-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Yes, I love playing and watching it. I wish it would become more popular in North America, but its fan base is mostly the Italian and Portuguese dispoara, so it's seen as an "ethnic" sport which alienates the Anglo-Canadian populace.

It is somehow streange becouse in England and France football is very popular and that countries had great traditions in this sport(Englishmen even create this wonderful game:thumb001:).

Sarmata
02-23-2009, 06:24 AM
The end result of the professionalism of the game Soccer, vast sums of cash are available to be made from sponsers resulting in huge paypackets. The destructive result is that teams rather than invest money into their own nations division leagues , find it more efficient to import players from South America. In the end the game suffers as Europe's up and coming players are shut out from talent purchases. And South Americas game degenerates as all their top players are overseas. That is the state of soccer.

Thats right they are total crazy money in football...Best players are worth over 100.000.000 of euro:eek: and their sales are also fantastic. There is also corruption and other swindles. And yes football clubs imports aliens from africa and other streange places of the world...but as fan you can show your disapprobation also in stadium stands.

Svarog
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
I like to think about football as one of the sins I actively practice in my life, yeah, as is stated, it is mafia controlled, yeah, it is one of the biggest cash making and cycling corporation etc but yet I do love it and watch it regularly, sometimes feel stupid about it as I know the result is agreed even the game started, but damn, a cold beer in right hand and eyes focused on a screen, yelling how "you'd do it better" or how "all of them are morons who have no idea how to play the game" - priceless haha

Atlas
05-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I like football, quite disgusted by the latest champion's league game. Go Manchester United now !

Loyalist
05-08-2009, 01:09 AM
I like football, quite disgusted by the latest champion's league game. Go Manchester United now !

Did you hear about Chelsea's new sponsor?

http://i42.tinypic.com/1535jm8.jpg

:D

Svarog
05-08-2009, 08:01 AM
HAHAHA!! that made me laugh

I wonder if there is any truth in Chelsea players statement that they were a part of great conspiracy in which UEFA did not want a replay from the 2007/2008 finals and wanted to avoid the all English finals again, tho, I cannot see how that can be true, unless Iniesta's ball was coordinated from a satellite :rolleyes:

Looks like a bunch of sore losers to me.

Beorn
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Barcelona played under par that night, as did Chelsea, to be fair, but the matches flashpoints were absolutely nothing and really show Chelsea up for the band of over paid, pompous arseholes they are.

Apparently the referee has gone into hiding because he has had so many death threats from Chelsea fans.

Looks like a bunch of sore losers to me.

A bunch of African sore losers ;)

FvANmxeiA5Y

ClassicGoddess
05-08-2009, 10:27 PM
i loath and despise american football...

FOOTBALL on the other hand i LOVE and my son plays though i never did...had my first season as assistant coach though - that was a lot of fun...when they're 5 playing 3-on-3 and have no clue what they're doing...