teodor11
05-06-2018, 09:44 PM
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180506/uuitcrt5.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180506/bl6m8r25.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180506/r2scbg33.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180506/dhqrsnpv.jpg

Marmara
05-06-2018, 09:46 PM
This pic alone isn't enough to classify.

Kivan
05-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Arabized Greek, according to our Balkanian anthropologists.

Columella
05-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Not surprisingly I would have guessed Jewish.

TheMaestro
05-06-2018, 09:50 PM
Syrians never stop surprising me would never guess non- European, I have actually ginger haired super pale classmate in university who is Syrian.

Livin
05-06-2018, 09:52 PM
He is adopted....

The Blade
05-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Nose and eye shape reveal the Semitic traits. The rest looks Atlantid.

frdfgcg
05-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Neweuropeoid.

Tooting Carmen
05-06-2018, 09:55 PM
He is adopted....

Source? Who is he anyway?

Massagetae
05-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Caucasian/Circassian/Georgian lost in Syria.

Thanks Mamluks/Ottomans.

Massagetae
05-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Place was Greek for so long.. the syrian deserts are scattered with abandoned Greek settlements - ancient and Byzantine...

http://ak8.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2016098/thumb/1.jpg

https://ak1.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2016101/thumb/1.jpg

Greeks don't have red hair and if they do, they're not originally Greek.

Odin
05-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Taurid.

Marmara
05-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Place was Greek for so long.. the syrian deserts are scattered with abandoned Greek settlements - ancient and Byzantine...

http://ak8.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2016098/thumb/1.jpg

https://ak1.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2016101/thumb/1.jpg

You are so funny. Ancient Greeks were dark, any light pigmentation came there much later with Slavs, Celts and Albanians.

This Syrian has Caucasian origins possibly Mamluk.

Gangrel
05-06-2018, 10:24 PM
European.

Marmara
05-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Ancient Greeks were dark and light. Many cases of blonde hair, red hair etc however most the population had brown hair or darker. You learn this from reading history you dumb fucking mongoloid. Every time I have a good kebab i forgive mongolians - but the minute you pretend to know one thing about ancient Greece and prove yourself asian dumb.. I lose faith. Learn to read books and people will start respecting you a level above human garbage!

Hahaha. Yes there were blonde and redheads, but probably not more than Kurds.

I learn nothing from history books, actually I've found out that Greek mainlanders are barely any Greek from English sources, Turkish sources don't speak about it.

kleenex
05-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Greeks don't have red hair and if they do, they're not originally Greek.

Not true. Several of my father’s family members including his paternal uncle, 2 first cousins and others within the village were red heads. That village is located in the mountains of Western Messinia Greece.

Marmara
05-06-2018, 10:47 PM
You just sound stupid. Seriously, don't delight in a low IQ like other Turks. Learn about Greek history.

History says Greece was severely depopulated in medieval era, and was repopulated by tribes from North, later converted to Orthodoxy and assimilated into Hellenic culture.

Read the threads on here about Greek DNA connecting ancients to modern (plus how little slav Greeks have in their blood)

Ancient Greeks were genetically closer to Islanders and Southern Italians, not Mainlanders. Mainlanders especially from North have I2 Y-DNA which is Slavic, it was unheard in Balkans prior to Slavic expansion let alone in Greece.

- then it will make you more proud your asiatic horsemen conquered such a people. Don't act like a camel herder. You have a beautiful land in Anatolia - learn to respect its history rather than the Skopian/Victorian pseudo science version of history.

I only found it funny you were trying to connect any light pigmented people in Asia to Greek ancestry. In Syria there is actually a decent Kavkaz influence, a people who're lighter than Greeks, both Ancient and Modern.

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 10:54 PM
The light Syrians most often have non-Semitic origins. Light Syrians are often Circassians, Chechens, Balkar-Karchay, and Georgians. There is even some people with Mongol like features but light features they are Nogais. There were huge amounts of Greek Rum in Syria, as well lots of Balkanian Muslims who settled during the Ottoman empire especially Cretan Greeks, as well Bosinaks and Albanians. Not to mention the migration of Kurds into Syria, Kurds are not light but do have light elements among them. Plus there has been old Greek Rum communities since the Byzantine era. It should also be noted that the Mamlukes had also strong presence in Syria, and the Mamlukes were often described as tall, blondish and European looking, and this make sense because most of the Mamlukes came from the Kipchak lands in Ukraine and the North Caucasus.

Massagetae
05-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Ancient greeks are basically negroids. Zero chance of having red hair originally.

Sikeliot
05-06-2018, 10:57 PM
He looks Jewish. Similar to Jason Segel.

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 10:58 PM
Ancient greeks are basically negroids. Zero chance of having red hair originally.

LOL. If he is Muslim he probably is either Bosinak/Albanian, possibly Cretan Muslim, and of course Mamluke.

Kivan
05-06-2018, 11:08 PM
LOL. If he is Muslim he probably is either Bosinak/Albanian, possibly Cretan Muslim, and of course Mamluke.

To me he looks nothing like a Balkanian, looks more like a light Ashkenazi jew.

Sikeliot
05-06-2018, 11:10 PM
Now you are learning of Skelliot..the most mocked member on here - and yet you chose him as a messiah? Circumcision is only supposed to chop off a bit of your small head, not the one on your shoulders - what happened? Again, it not true. Peloponnesians for example to this day plot closest to Southern Italians - who in some cases are up to 88% Greek anyway.

This was all debunked in the 2017 Sarno study which found that:

A. Peloponnesians are part of the mainland Greek cluster and are separated from the Sicily/Calabria cluster (which, instead, is closer to the Aegean islanders). There is some overlap with Apulia, however.
B. Sicily and Calabria have no evidence of IBD sharing with Greeks to suggest any recent genetic admixture between them.

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Syria has significant Kavkazian communities, and plus European ones especially Muslim. Even the isolated groups like the Alwaite/Druze often hint at an Irano-Anatolian ancestors not long ago. For example the Druze have Persian/Kurdish ancestry, but they also due to inbreeding and isolation they developed their own look if you will. The same with the Alwaites who show some Anatolian connection, and their religion has some connection to the mystical Anatolian and Iranic religions especially Mazadakism and the Qizilbash movement for example.

Bornoz
05-06-2018, 11:13 PM
I see plenty of light Syrians nowadays but somehow I can understand that they are Syrian.

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 11:18 PM
I see plenty of light Syrians nowadays but somehow I can understand that they are Syrian.

Probably because of mannerism and something about their look.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:19 PM
History says Greece was severely depopulated in medieval era, and was repopulated by tribes from North, later converted to Orthodoxy and assimilated into Hellenic culture.

Haven’t you read the new study on Greek DNA? Modern Greeks are around 70% similar to the ancient ones. Slavic DNA exists but mostly in northern Greece, where a lot of Bulgarians were assimilated. You also forget that the Slavs who invaded Greece in the Middle Ages were eventually either expelled by the Byzantines, to the Balkans and Asia Minor, either killed. Then the Byzantines repopulated the deserted territories with Greek-speakers from southern Italy. Here is a source:

“Empress Irene organised a military campaign which liberated those territories and restored Byzantine rule to the region, but it was not until emperor Nicephorus I's resettlement of some rural areas of Peloponnese with Greek-speakers from southern Italy, that the last trace of Slavic element was eliminated.[8]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Greece

Ancient Greeks were genetically closer to Islanders and Southern Italians, not Mainlanders. Mainlanders especially from North have I2 Y-DNA which is Slavic, it was unheard in Balkans prior to Slavic expansion let alone in Greece.

Peloponnesians are mainlanders and they are closer to the ancient Myceaneans than to Bulgarians.

Most of the Slavic DNA in Greece is ‘modern’ rather than from the Slavic invasions in the Middle Ages. It comes from Bulgarians and Slavo-Macedonians who were assimilated after the Balkan Wars.

Btw there’s a clade of I2 that is Mediterranean and existed always in Greece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guerrilla
05-06-2018, 11:24 PM
He looks Jewish. Similar to Jason Segel.

he's half Ashkenazi Jewish

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Anyways the Cretan Muslims in Syria are often light skinned, and often have lots of green eyes

guerrilla
05-06-2018, 11:27 PM
he looks pred. Central European

Nose shape is a bit odd, but marginally.

Marmara
05-06-2018, 11:33 PM
Haven’t you read the new study on Greek DNA? Modern Greeks are around 70% similar to the ancient ones. Slavic DNA exists but mostly in northern Greece, where a lot of Bulgarians were assimilated. You also forget that the Slavs who invaded Greece in the Middle Ages were eventually either expelled by the Byzantines, to the Balkans and Asia Minor, either killed. Then the Byzantines repopulated the deserted territories with Greek-speakers from southern Italy. Here is a source:

“Empress Irene organised a military campaign which liberated those territories and restored Byzantine rule to the region, but it was not until emperor Nicephorus I's resettlement of some rural areas of Peloponnese with Greek-speakers from southern Italy, that the last trace of Slavic element was eliminated.[8]”

Peloponnesians are mainlanders and they are closer to the ancient Myceaneans than to Bulgarians.

Most of the Slavic DNA in Greece is ‘modern’ rather than from the Slavic invasions in the Middle Ages. It comes from Bulgarians and Slavo-Macedonians who were assimilated after the Balkan Wars.

What's so special about Peloponnese? Are they lightest Greeks?

Sikeliot
05-06-2018, 11:36 PM

Peloponnesians likely have the least Slavic but they are still "north" genetically of Cretans and Sicilians which implies either they always were that way, or they acquired it gradually over the millennia. They also have, of all the mainlanders, the most "western" European type DNA.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:36 PM
What's so special about Peloponnese? Are they lightest Greeks?

You said that mainlanders are not close to the ancient Greeks. I said that Peloponnesians are close to the ancient Greeks and they’re mainlanders. That’s it.

The lightest Greeks are Greeks from Epirus.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:39 PM
Anyways the Cretan Muslims in Syria are often light skinned, and often have lots of green eyes

Below is a Cretan muslim woman from Syria. What does she look like to you guys? She’s not typical though, the average Cretan woman is way more Mediterranean:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/6e948702fb8c918227342408c5cd7815.jpg

Marmara
05-06-2018, 11:41 PM

Cretan Muslims in Turkey often look ethnic. This is a well known Turkish politician with Grecophone Cretan ancestry.

http://www.geredemedyatakip.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bulent-Arinc-Bolu-ya-Geliyor.jpg

Also i've found out they often have big Jewish noses.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Cretan Muslims in Turkey often look ethnic. This is a well known Turkish politician with Grecophone Cretan ancestry.

http://www.geredemedyatakip.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bulent-Arinc-Bolu-ya-Geliyor.jpg

He’s not fully Cretan though

Marmara
05-06-2018, 11:45 PM
He’s not fully Cretan though

He is, he is fluent in Greek.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:46 PM
Peloponnesians likely have the least Slavic but they are still "north" genetically of Cretans and Sicilians which implies either they always were that way, or they acquired it gradually over the millennia. They also have, of all the mainlanders, the most "western" European type DNA.

Well, why should any northern input be immediately acquired to Slavs? Peloponnesians might just as well got their northern input from the proto Indo-European invaders

Sikeliot
05-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Well, why should any northern input be immediately acquired to Slavs? Peloponnesians might just as well got their northern input from the proto Indo-European invaders

This is my opinion also.

I also wonder if the "special" regions of the Peloponnese who are genetically more south plotting, like Tsakonia and Mani, have more ancestry from the southern Italians brought there to repopulate.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:49 PM
He is, he is fluent in Greek.

Do you have any videos? I just read somewhere that he has Cretan Turkish ancestry but Cretan Turks arrived in Turkey in 1923 I think.. it’s pretty impossible that he’s fully Cretan.

On the other hand, Cretans in Syria were more isolated.

Marmara
05-06-2018, 11:50 PM
Where was his mother from in Crete?

I don't know that, but for sure is from Crete.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:50 PM
This is my opinion also.

I also wonder if the "special" regions of the Peloponnese who are genetically more south plotting, like Tsakonia and Mani, have more ancestry from the southern Italians brought there to repopulate.

Or maybe those regions are how the original population of Peloponnese looked before the Indo-European invasion. I think Mani is genetically close to Crete

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:53 PM
One of the last pure Cretan Turks:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/472f9955e846772180799135740f2332.jpg

Marmara
05-06-2018, 11:54 PM
Do you have any videos? I just read somewhere that he has Cretan Turkish ancestry but Cretan Turks arrived in Turkey in 1923 I think.. it’s pretty impossible that he’s fully Cretan.

On the other hand, Cretans in Syria were more isolated.

It's possible because Cretans found their own villages, so they had a bit isolation, and he's from a Cretan village. Younger generations usually mix up in metropols, but he's old enough to be pure Cretan.

Sikeliot
05-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Or maybe those regions are how the original population of Peloponnese looked before the Indo-European invasion. I think Mani is genetically close to Crete

Maniots, western Cretans, and Apulians/Syracusans/Trapanese should all be close. Eastern Crete would be more like Calabria.

Marmara
05-06-2018, 11:57 PM

Proto-Greeks were not much light, because they were not from Corded-Ware culture, unlike Germanics, Slavics or Indo-Iranids.

Lavrentis
05-06-2018, 11:57 PM
Here is another Cretan Turk. Looks pretty Ashkenazi Jewish to me:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/a556130e18868ebc73f9bf594f2dee40.jpg

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Proto-Greeks were not much light, because they were not from Corded-Ware culture, unlike Germanics, Slavics or Indo-Iranids.

Indo-Iranics mixed with Mesopotamian and Dravidian like people hence why they became darker

StonyArabia
05-06-2018, 11:59 PM
Here is another Cretan Turk. Looks pretty Ashkenazi Jewish to me:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/a556130e18868ebc73f9bf594f2dee40.jpg

The Cretan Muslims in Syria don't identify as Turk but as Greeks

Lavrentis
05-07-2018, 12:02 AM
The Cretan Muslims in Syria don't identify as Turk but as Greeks

The people I posted are fluent in Greek, at least according to the articles, so they probably identify as Greeks as well

StonyArabia
05-07-2018, 12:07 AM
That is fascinating.

They don't see themselves as Turks, but they still have pro-Turkish elements due to similar religion, but they have no commonality with the Syrian Turkmens for example. The latter tend to be little bit swarthy and times show Turanid features. Not to mention these Cretan Muslims have large amount of green eyes . They settled in the coastal areas. They speak Greek to this day, in almost fluent manner. Very quite interesting community to say the least.

Marmara
05-07-2018, 12:16 AM
They don't see themselves as Turks, but they still have pro-Turkish elements due to similar religion, but they have no commonality with the Syrian Turkmens for example. The latter tend to be little bit swarthy and times show Turanid features. Not to mention these Cretan Muslims have large amount of green eyes . They settled in the coastal areas. They speak Greek to this day, in almost fluent manner. Very quite interesting community to say the least.

You seem quite informed about Syria, have you been there or do you have relatives from there?

StonyArabia
05-07-2018, 12:19 AM
You seem quite informed about Syria, have you been there or do you have relatives from there?

Yes, I have relatives there, and my mother's tribe extend from southeast Syria into Iraq and then into parts of Jordan and Saudi Arabia. I still have uncles and aunts who still live in Syria.

Marmara
05-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Yes, I have relatives there, and my mother's tribe extend from southeast Syria into Iraq and then into parts of Jordan and Saudi Arabia. I still have uncles and aunts who still live in Syria.

Cool, where do they live? Are they safe? Whom do they support?

StonyArabia
05-07-2018, 12:31 AM
Cool, where do they live? Are they safe? Whom do they support?

They live in the southeast almost near Iraq in the extreme east of Deir al zor. Well my tribe is divided some support the YPG in the northeast, but my mother's clan are supporters of the opposition and are against the YPG, this lead to inter-tribal fighting, they are also part Howetiat and in Iraq they oppose the post 2003 puppet government. The Howetiat Bedouins oppose Kurdish ambitions.They tend to be very loyal to Saudi Arabia, and hence they have oppose the Assad regime. However many Bedouin tribes oppose him, due to forced assimilation programs. They are relatively safe, because the fighting is often on the out-skirts. They also have been fighting against Kavkazian terrorists who were nicknamed redbeards lol.

Corded
05-07-2018, 03:34 AM
Depigmented west asian. looks light turk. could pass as ashkenazi.