PDA

View Full Version : Albanians, if you have to pick, who do you (in general) like more - Greeks or Serbs?

Robocop
05-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Ok, so imagine some scenario where there is no third option, only this two, means if you have to pick who do you like more IN GENERAL, IF you have to pick from this two, Greeks or Serbs?

Vote please and if you want, explain why you picked one of this two.

Bobby Martnen
05-12-2018, 11:48 PM
Voted Serbs because I'm also part Serb.

Hulu
05-12-2018, 11:59 PM

:rofl:

Robocop
05-13-2018, 12:01 AM

Lol, I have to say this was funny, not in negative but funny. Haha :D

oszkar07
05-13-2018, 12:03 AM

Bobby so far you seem to be part ...Sicillian,Albanian,and now Serb , anything else ?

Cristiano viejo
05-13-2018, 12:06 AM
Bobby so far you seem to be part ...Sicillian,Albanian,and now Serb , anything else ?

dont forget Anglo and Pensilvania Dutch :D

Bobby Martnen
05-13-2018, 12:06 AM

I'm an ethnochameleon.

Bobby Martnen
05-13-2018, 12:07 AM
:rofl:

:noidea:

Cristiano viejo
05-13-2018, 12:08 AM
I'm an ethnochameleon.

you are a boy with a brutal identity crisis, bobby. seriously. and sadly.

Bobby Martnen
05-13-2018, 12:09 AM
you are a boy with a brutal identity crisis, bobby. seriously. and sadly.

You are a pit bull that is violent and should be kept on a leash at all times.

Cristiano viejo
05-13-2018, 12:35 AM
You are a pit bull that is violent and should be kept on a leash at all times.

A pitbull? I prefer the Spanish Alano

https://www.rodentia.es/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Alano-Espa%C3%B1ol.jpg

ShenGjergj
05-13-2018, 07:04 PM
I'd choose anyone over the serbs.

Maintenance
05-13-2018, 07:17 PM
I voted for Greeks!

HERK
05-13-2018, 07:28 PM
I don't know, i never had contact with Greeks before

Maintenance
05-13-2018, 07:33 PM
I don't know, i never had contact with Greeks before

Trust me they are nicer than us Albos.

Geni
05-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Naturally the "standart" greek , but if he is 1 golden day falangist...serbians...

Div1
05-19-2018, 04:47 AM
It's easier for me to handle Serbs as a southern Albanian since they have most of their tensions with northerners. It really depends on the situation and the person. From my experience the least informed people are ok with each other because they don't care about politics. Then you have the more informed people who hate each other and throw shit at each other (which I used to do), once you understand your antagonist properly though you develop a respect for them. With well-informed Serbs or Greeks, both of us so mutually understand the hatred between our people we reach a mutual respect for each other. Its quite beautiful..

Dibran
05-19-2018, 05:44 PM
I have met quite a few Greeks. Out of all of them 1 was vehement against Albanians but never had the balls to say it to my face. Another was a friend but would sometimes make a snarky remark until I had a talk with him and he was respectable enough to change his attitude. Of all the Serbs I have met none of them have been dicks per se, or caused trouble. but, you can easily read on their face that they didn't like you when you said you were Albanian. There was one Serb though(idk if it counts since he was half Romanian and his parents were both born in Romania) he was a cool dude. Surname was Balan. Idk how Serbian that is though.

Sikeliot
05-19-2018, 05:48 PM
I only know a handful of people but this is what I observe:

1. Serbs dislike Albanians more than Greeks do,
2. Albanians have less of an issue with Serbs than with Greeks.

Moje ime
05-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Surname was Balan. Idk how Serbian that is though.

None. It's Romanian surname.

Moje ime
05-19-2018, 09:46 PM
For some reason, Bălan seems to be a common surname of Romanians from Serbia. I know quite a few and they have no family connections between them as far as they know. Perhaps they have a distant common ancestor?

This is what I've found about Balan surname in Serbia:

https://www.poreklo.rs/2015/08/12/poreklo-prezimena-selo-dubocane-zajecar/

It's a text about people's origin from village Dubočane (Дубочане) near Zaječar, east Serbia.

It says that family with surname Balan came there in 19th century from Glogovica (Глоговицa) and their origin is from "Vlachia", their family Slava is saint Nikola. (Vlachia can mean Romania i'm not sure).
This is quote:

-Балани, Никољдан, су из Глоговице а пореклом су из „Влашке“.

Dick
05-19-2018, 09:54 PM
For some reason, Bălan seems to be a common surname of Romanians from Serbia. I know quite a few and they have no family connections between them as far as they know. Perhaps they have a distant common ancestor?

Maybe. I dated a Balan chick years ago and her parents were Romanian from Banat(Serb part). Funny to see the surname mentioned here. I think the majority of Romanians in Canada are from ex-Yugoslavia though

Dandelion
05-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Most Serbs like Albanians though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0XA-Spc0U

One thing Serbs and Albanians have in common. They both fully embrace being Balkan, unlike Croats who wish to shake that off.

Moje ime
05-19-2018, 10:02 PM
Most Serbs like Albanians though.

That video is about how Albanians still selling their daughters when they should marry.

Dibran
05-19-2018, 10:05 PM

Interesting. Yea, he said his father was a Serb born in Romania, and his mother Romanian. But, both parents came young to the US and he didn't know any Serbian.

Böri
05-19-2018, 10:16 PM
I don't know Albos, but as a Turk İ can't pick any of them. They are worse than each other in every single aspect.
Low class Orthodoxes.