PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Curtis24
03-02-2011, 03:00 AM
So who has been a fan of this? Come now, there's no shame in it :p

Bloodeagle
03-02-2011, 03:04 AM
I would like to see this once it gets released to dvd.
I did enjoy the first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand and have been told that this one will not disappoint me.

Curtis24
03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
It won't. It has so many twists and turns, and I liked the character of Gannicus better than either Spartacus or Crixus.

Bard
03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
This season is possibly better than the first one, and of course I am a huge fan of both!
I agree on gannicus being really cool, compared with him, crixus and spartacus are quite pathetic.

Curtis24
03-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they will bring him back for the next season(BTW one of the real life Spartacus' generals was named Gannicus, a bit of foreshadowing :p)

I also liked how they fleshed out the characters. I understand Solonius much better now than I did in the first season, and Crixus and Oenamaus were much better developed as well in the prequels. Crixus was just a prick in the first season, but now they show you his drive and how he, like everyone else, was forced to come up from nothing. As for Oeanamaus, he too seems more of a good guy - did it seem to you too that they implied that he knew about Gannicus and his wife?

Bard
03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they will bring him back for the next season(BTW one of the real life Spartacus' generals was named Gannicus, a bit of foreshadowing :p)

I also liked how they fleshed out the characters. I understand Solonius much better now than I did in the first season, and Crixus and Oenamaus were much better developed as well in the prequels. Crixus was just a prick in the first season, but now they show you his drive and how he, like everyone else, was forced to come up from nothing. As for Oeanamaus, he too seems more of a good guy - did it seem to you too that they implied that he knew about Gannicus and his wife?

I agree with you on both the crixus and oeanamaus (fuck, hardest spelling ever) things.
I am really sad about batiatus, I would like to have him in the next season because the actor is very talented and the character was funny as hell (just like Ashur :D) but I don' t think we will ever see him again. His wife's presence is instead confirmed (lucy lawless aka xena lol).

Lábaru
03-04-2011, 11:42 PM
I like much the serie, my favorite character is Crixus, although none of them is particularly charismatic.

Curtis24
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I like much the serie, my favorite character is Crixus, although none of them is particularly charismatic.

So then you just watch it for the sex and violence? :p

Lábaru
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
So then you just watch it for the sex and violence? :p

Violence and tits, of course.