PDA

View Full Version : I reckon a formal introduction is due...

Barreldriver
02-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Greetings, I found this site through referral. My interests include Graphic Design/Illustration, genealogy, human biodiversity and anthropology, and playin the banjo(5 string, in both G for Scruggs method and Sawmill tunin for clawhammer) and guitar. My ancestral background is over 60% English, the rest is a hodgepodge of Irish, German/Swiss, and Austrian. My main line originated in Yorkshire England, Blacktoft to be specific. I was raised in the North Eastern zone of Middle Tennessee, which is borderline Appalachian, my family spent 159 years in the "Solid South" of the United States before movin' up North, I was the one who reforged the family trend by being raised where my ancestors were raised. As to ethnicity, I identify as Anglo-American, an article entitled Albion's Seed Grow's in the Cumberland Gap is what turned me onto the idea, then upon discovering as much in depth info pertaining towards my genealogy I decided upon what my ethnic identity was. The article was interesting, and according to it many N. British and Irish customs were brought to the Solid South and preserved in their own right, I inherited some of those eventhough my parents and grandparents were ignorant of their origins, let's just say family tradition held true for heck at least a few thousand years lol, goin' back to ancient N. Britain all the way to the Solid South of the United States.

Lady L
02-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Nice Intro! Welcome :wave

Treffie
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi ražbeorn

Glad you could make it!!

Loki
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Welcome! :)

Osweo
02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Howdo, Rathbeorn, from the old North Country!

Do you mean the Blacktoft on the Humber, near Goole?

You've got me curious about that article - no online versions around to link to, or a scan?

Aemma
02-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Welcome here Ražbeorn! I“m surely glad that you have found us. Please do make yourself at home, poke around, and jump right in...seems you have already! And most of all, do have fun!

Cheers for now!...Aemma

MarcvSS
02-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Welkom op het Apricity forum...:thumb001:

Barreldriver
02-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Howdo, Rathbeorn, from the old North Country!

Do you mean the Blacktoft on the Humber, near Goole?

You've got me curious about that article - no online versions around to link to, or a scan?

Yep, that's the Blacktoft my paternal patriarch came from.
Linky:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ug97/albion/albion3.html

Barreldriver
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM
This was what I had found to be one of the most interesting parts of the article:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ug97/albion/aclan.html

Vulpix
02-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the Apricity Ražbeorn :)!

The Lawspeaker
02-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Welcome aboard, Ražbeorn :)

Stossy
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Welcome to Apricity :)

Absinthe
02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome :)

Psychonaut
02-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Welcome aboard!

:yo:

Brynhild
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Good intro. Welcome! :thumb001:

Jägerstaffel
02-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Welcome and enjoy.

Tolleson
02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. :thumb001:

Barreldriver
02-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Now because I believe honesty to be one of the key characteristics of honorable behavior, I must state that I was banned from Stormfront, originally I had a smooth run there, then I attempted to bring more recent anthropological and genetic discussions to the forum I was rejected by the majority there, and I even attempted to throw out a few theories about how some trends in anthropology and genetic distribution follows some ancient myths, then I got into a confrontation with the Christian Identity posters who would not just accept the material as theory and had to constantly evangelize in my threads left and right, upon defending myself against the evangelizing a CI moderator began to poke his nose in and after a while I had concluded that educating oneself in the most recent material and methods was not of upmost importance at SF and I began to troll the board so I could get banned, eventually it worked, I was delighted when I was referred to this site because #1 I observed that it had an extensive anthropology and genetics section! Yeehaw! #2 There seemed to be a ton more productive conversations here that did not revolve around saying nothing but "screw darky", this place seems more "intellectual" and productive in a sense I'm very impressed with this forum and I hope to enjoy my stay here and continue the learning process and the preservation process of culture and heritage. Have a great one and thank you for the kind welcome, and may we have one hell of a good run together!

Lady L
02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Now because I believe honesty to be one of the key characteristics of honorable behavior, I must state that I was banned from Stormfront, originally I had a smooth run there, then I attempted to bring more recent anthropological and genetic discussions to the forum I was rejected by the majority there, and I even attempted to throw out a few theories about how some trends in anthropology and genetic distribution follows some ancient myths, then I got into a confrontation with the Christian Identity posters who would not just accept the material as theory and had to constantly evangelize in my threads left and right, upon defending myself against the evangelizing a CI moderator began to poke his nose in and after a while I had concluded that educating oneself in the most recent material and methods was not of upmost importance at SF and I began to troll the board so I could get banned, eventually it worked, I was delighted when I was referred to this site because #1 I observed that it had an extensive anthropology and genetics section! Yeehaw! #2 There seemed to be a ton more productive conversations here that did not revolve around saying nothing but "screw darky", this place seems more "intellectual" and productive in a sense I'm very impressed with this forum and I hope to enjoy my stay here and continue the learning process and the preservation process of culture and heritage. Have a great one and thank you for the kind welcome, and may we have one hell of a good run together!

Don't fret, half of us are Skadi rejects :dev2

Beorn
02-24-2009, 12:02 AM
I need no assistance on what 'beorn' means, but could you enlighten me as to what 'raž' is? :)

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 12:02 AM

I didn't have any trouble when I was at Skadi, I was just bored out of my wits there lol. Seemed like not much happened there, and I just let my account die, there was a policy where if you didn't log in for a certain amount of time your account is deleted, or so I think. If not, I guess I still have an account there, just never go on it.

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I need no assistance on what 'beorn' means, but could you enlighten me as to what 'raž' is? :)

clever if I'm not mistaken

The Lawspeaker
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Like me. I take that as a badge of honour. :coffee:

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Like me. I take that as a badge of honour. :coffee:

lol. Skadi was a snorefest IMO.

The Lawspeaker
02-24-2009, 12:07 AM
lol. Skadi was a snorefest IMO.
You are being too friendly in your judgement. I was on it's predecessor, the Althing, but what was the difference anyways?:coffee:

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
You are being too friendly in your judgement. I was on it's predecessor, the Althing, but what was the difference anyways.:coffee:

I'm suprised Skadi rejected a Dutch person, Skadi is beyond weird.

Lady L
02-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I didn't have any trouble when I was at Skadi, I was just bored out of my wits there lol. Seemed like not much happened there, and I just let my account die, there was a policy where if you didn't log in for a certain amount of time your account is deleted, or so I think. If not, I guess I still have an account there, just never go on it.

I was banned after being a committed member for over a year. I guess I was banned for wanting to post in bold ...and yesterday I saw a new member in his intro thread using bold ...I then wondered would he be banned ..? Hmmmmm...:rolleyes2:

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 12:11 AM
I was banned after being a committed member for over a year. I guess I was banned for wanting to post in bold ...and yesterday I saw a new member in his intro thread using bold ...I then wondered would he be banned ..? Hmmmmm...:rolleyes2:

Lol! That's ridiculous. Why have the bold option if your going to ban people for using it. Wow, Skadi is even more a joke than I'd previously thought, luckily I didn't stay around long enough to find out more! lol.

Beorn
02-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Hmmmmm...:rolleyes2:

No offence to you, Mrs. Lyfing, but I am seriously thinking of setting up an Skadi drinking game which heavily relies upon people who write "Hmmm" before their posts.

;)....<-----In fact, that is another drinking game in itself.

Lady L
02-24-2009, 12:22 AM
No offence to you, Mrs. Lyfing, but I am seriously thinking of setting up an Skadi drinking game which heavily relies upon people who write "Hmmm" before their posts.

;)....<-----In fact, that is another drinking game in itself.

No Offence taken B! But what on earth are you speaking of..?

The only thing that comes to mind is burger girl always said Hmmm and it made me laugh :D

Sounds fun anyhow- please explain yourself :)

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Man, I was in the middle of typing a lengthy post on White Guilt, when my internet crashed, lost it all. :(

The Lawspeaker
02-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Dang... been there. Do you have the willpower to start over: and may I advise you to write any lengthy posts in Word and then copy and paste it.
That's how I do it more and more often.

Loki
02-24-2009, 01:03 AM
*g*

^ Now where did I see that before? ;)

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Dang... been there. Do you have the willpower to start over: and may I advise you to write any lengthy posts in Word and then copy and paste it.
That's how I do it more and more often.

I just made it into a separate thread so I could expand more on what I wanted to say.

Ęmeric
02-24-2009, 02:14 AM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/Aemeric/HelloSmiley444.gif

Loyalist
02-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Aren't you "Reeder" from Anthropology Forum, and didn't you claim to have Negro and Amerindian ancestry?

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 03:58 AM
Aren't you "Reeder" from Anthropology Forum, and didn't you claim to have Negro and Amerindian ancestry?

I was effing with fatale_noir, check the updates in the thread over there. Are you Canada from AF?

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 04:02 AM
If you like I could start posting every genealogical document I have like I did in Anthroscape, I only got barely through the tip of the Iceberg there before they got the picture.

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 04:06 AM
basically had a coniption with FN when I had thought one of my ancestors was haplogroup B, when I contacted my sources I figured out it was a different lineage, not my great grandmother's, then FN kept bringing it up, so I kept adding more shit to the fan to draw her out, she ate that shit and asked for more on a daily basis.

Loyalist
02-24-2009, 04:13 AM
Even after you admitted the alleged African admixture was simply to mess with fatale_noir/mischak, you still claimed rather significant Amerindian ancestry here (http://www.anthroforum.com/showpost.php?p=83128&postcount=86). Is this also a joke, or are you serious? If the former, then please excuse me.

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Even after you admitted the alleged African admixture was simply to mess with fatale_noir/mischak, you still claimed rather significant Amerindian ancestry here (http://www.anthroforum.com/showpost.php?p=83128&postcount=86). Is this also a joke, or are you serious? If the former, then please excuse me.

Which one is it? I'm banned from AF, I had one original post at that time I had incomplete genealogical information and my grandmother was making claims with no paper trail, I made contact with other relations that have the paper trails, and sorted the issue out, it is false. Then once I posted the corrections fatale had to pop up again and start eating my shit again. There's so many posts missing out of threads I've done at AF because everytime fatale has to interject my arguments and evidence get deleted.

Loyalist
02-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Which one is it? I'm banned from AF, I had one original post at that time I had incomplete genealogical information and my grandmother was making claims with no paper trail, I made contact with other relations that have the paper trails, and sorted the issue out, it is false. Then once I posted the corrections fatale had to pop up again and start eating my shit again. There's so many posts missing out of threads I've done at AF because everytime fatale has to interject my arguments and evidence get deleted.

This one, made yesterday:

Great Grandmother Reeder(maiden name Burgess) - Border areas of N. Britain, Irish, & German, she is also 1/64 Cherokee. The origins of her main line are still being debated.

Great Grandfather Headley - Northumberland English with possible Amerindian(unconfirmed as of yet) Research on this lineage is still in progress.

Great Grandmother Keen(maiden name Liddle) - N. Britain Border areas and possible Amerindian(unproven as of yet). Research on lineage still in progress.

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 04:24 AM
This one, made yesterday:

Great Grandmother Reeder(maiden name Burgess) - Border areas of N. Britain, Irish, & German, she is also 1/64 Cherokee. The origins of her main line are still being debated.

This one disproven, her lineage is a hot topic and there's alot of going back and forth as to what is what, as it stands right now there is no Amerind blood that can be proven. The issue was with a similar name that was present on an Amerindian Census record that stated an individual as 1/32 Cherokee #1 that individual had no children, #2 had a different spouse than that of my great great grandmother Louella Dial, her line is English in origin.

Quote:
Great Grandfather Headley - Northumberland English with possible Amerindian(unconfirmed as of yet) Research on this lineage is still in progress.

That was the claim cited by my grandmother, when I asked for paper trail and specific sub-group she had no answers, one of my uncles supplied me with the right information.

Quote:
Great Grandmother Keen(maiden name Liddle) - N. Britain Border areas and possible Amerindian(unproven as of yet). Research on lineage still in progress.

Claim made by my grandmother, different grandmother, this line is like the one above, disproven.

The biggest help in this is the genforum pages, members there share Census records, Ancestry.com files etc...

Even if it had been true by the time the blood reached me it would've been 1/512 hardly significant. Since the individual suspected would've been 1/32, and the gg grandparent, the distribution would've been 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, 1/256, 1/512 by the time it would've reached me, if you would like to see the Amerindian Census comparison to the Census and genealogical records I have just ask, I do genealogical research everyday, it's my addiction.

Here's the thing that threw my off:

My line -

66. Andrew Starling6 Burgess (Jesse Thomas5, Andrew James4, Thomas3, Edward2)174 was born 02 Sep 1875 in Livinjgston, Overton, TN174, and died 03 Aug 1951174. He married Louella Dial

Children of Andrew Burgess and Louella Dial are:
135 i. Audie7 Burgess, born Abt. 1904.
136 ii. Amos Burgess, born Abt. 1906.
+ 137 iii. Bessie M Burgess, born 14 Jan 1907 in Overton County, Tennessee; died 08 Apr 1992 in Overton County, Tennessee.
138 iv. Walter Burgess, born Abt. 1909.
139 v. Lester Burgess, born Abt. 1912.

This is the actual Amerindian, different person/not my relative:

Name: Dial, Lela A
Tribe: Cherokee
Record Type: enrollment
Sex: F
Enrollment Type: BB (By Blood)
Blood %: 1/32
Card No.: 2519
Roll No.: 6410

Freomęg
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Welcome. I'm not a proponent of white Nationalism/Racism but I'm sure I'd be wise not to assume that every Stormfronter -ex or current - fits this mold ;). Your honesty is admirable either way.

Barreldriver
02-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome. I'm not a proponent of white Nationalism/Racism but I'm sure I'd be wise not to assume that every Stormfronter -ex or current - fits this mold ;). Your honesty is admirable either way.

I know not all of them are that way, I found some really good individuals at SF like Italian Fury and the sort, but there were just way too many people that did not care enough about core studies.

Osweo
10-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Blacktoft to be specific.

It was months ago I took these, but I've been meaning to post them. THought you might be interested to get an idea of the landscape. They were taken from the site of the old turf-labyrinth at Alkborough (named after its Heathen temple!), just inside the Lincolnshire border, south of the Humber and east of the Trent.

We are looking nww, and Blacktoft is in the middle distance, just over the water, above the dark green wedge sticking out between Trent and Humber:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1769/200908150123.jpg

Julian's Bower. I believe these things are known as Mizz Mazes. You can go round on your knees as a sort of minipilgrimage... :rolleyes::p
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8365/200908150129juliansbowe.jpg

The rest, making a sort of panorama;
http://yfrog.com/7b200908150122viewfromalkj
http://yfrog.com/ed200908150123j
http://yfrog.com/aq200908150124j
http://yfrog.com/21200908150125j
http://yfrog.com/ed200908150126j
http://yfrog.com/aq200908150127j
http://yfrog.com/ay200908150130j
http://yfrog.com/aq200908150131j
http://yfrog.com/6e200908150132j
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2331/200908150128.jpg
:D

Smaland
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Welcome back! :)

Tolleson
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
:D
Welcome back! :)

I second that but with reservation. It is completely dependent on the number photos that pop up in the "Member's Picture" thread. That mug is a sight to behold. :D

Murphy
05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Indeed. Welcome back.

Germanicus
05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Welcome back Mate.:)

Sabinae
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Hello Barrel and welcome back!

Osweo
05-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Ey up :yo:

FCMt4ce-UwU.

Barreldriver
05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Eiup!

Allenson
05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
S'up.

Please don't barreldrive my face. :cool:

The Lawspeaker
05-03-2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.creativeroots.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/irish_mist_bottle_carton.jpg

Cheers, mate ! Welcome home ! :thumb001:

Barreldriver
05-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome backs! Glad to be back. :D

Aemma
05-05-2011, 12:58 AM
It truly is nice to see you back, Barreldriver! :) :thumb001: