PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Which is the "whitest" Hispanic country after Argentina and Uruguay?

Pages : [1] 2

time67
05-16-2018, 02:49 PM
By "white", I'm referring to European/Caucasian admixture as well as percentage of full whites(Well, anyone 80% or more Euro/Mena).

Once again, Brazil is not included.

Teutone
05-16-2018, 02:50 PM
I guess Chile, it has a white Elite but hard to say how much they make out of the population.

Norb
05-16-2018, 02:51 PM
maybe Paraguay or Chile?

Catarinense1998
05-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Hard to say.

Heather Duval
05-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Cuba.

time67
05-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Cuba.

Cuba and Brazil....two countries of contrasts. Haha.

Carlito's Way
05-16-2018, 06:34 PM
none, stop these stupid threads already lol
just imagine caribbeans from barbados, jamaica, trinidad etc and aframs making stupid threads like this, asking people which group of blacks are the least black :lol:
shit wouldnt make sense because they all score similar, whether one gets beaten by 1% or 5%, shit dont matter

just stop with these dumb as threads my nigga

Kamal900
05-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Most likely Chile.

skain
05-16-2018, 06:51 PM
Cuba.

Argentano
05-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Cuba, then PR, then Chile

Zuh
05-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Uruguay
Argentina
Cuba
Puerto Rico
Chile
Mexico
Colombia or Mexico (both level)
Venezuela

QUICAS
05-22-2018, 03:46 AM
Cuba or PR followed by CR in third place

alnortedelsur
05-22-2018, 03:54 AM
Poll should have been multiple choice.

IMO between Chile, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Paraguay and Brazil (the last two not in the poll).

Then, Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela would follow.

In the case of Cuba I have my doubts, since many white Cubans have been leaving the Island since the Cuban revolution.

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Cuba and PR in this case.

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 12:10 AM
The order is this:

1. Uruguay
2. Argentina
3. Cuba
4. Brasil
5. Puerto Rico
6. Chile
7. Venezuela (pre-chavist numbers)
8. Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica
9. México
10. A tie between many countries: Ecuador, Perú, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic
11. Bolivia, Panamá
12. Haití

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 12:22 AM
The order is this:

1. Uruguay
2. Argentina
3. Cuba
4. Brasil
5. Puerto Rico
6. Chile
9. México
10. A tie between many countries: Ecuador, Perú, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic
11. Bolivia, Panamá
12. Haití

Am I missing something? Why is this one so low?

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 12:41 AM
The order is this:

1. Uruguay
2. Argentina
3. Cuba
4. Brasil
5. Puerto Rico
6. Chile
9. México
11. Bolivia, Panamá
12. Haití

This!!

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 12:49 AM
Why are you putting Panama so low, just beyond Haiti? lol.

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 12:55 AM
Why are you putting Panama so low, just beyond Haiti? lol.

Because Panamá is very low-tier european country. Genetics show this.

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 01:05 AM
The order is this:

1. Uruguay
2. Argentina
3. Cuba
4. Brasil
5. Puerto Rico
6. Chile
9. México
11. Bolivia, Panamá
12. Haití
Probably the difference between those centralamericans is that Nicaragua and Honduras are on average mestizo/indomestizo/tri-racial (basically mestizo but with two digits of SSA, between 12 to 16%), El Salvador is mestizo/indomestizo but Its SSA average is around 7/9% and normally not noticeable in traits.
Finally Guatemala in a way could be similar to El Salvador but with far more pure mayas amerindians, while in El Salvador pure Pipil and Lencas are not a big number.

CostaRicaBall
01-14-2020, 01:21 AM
Probably the difference between those centralamericans is that Nicaragua and Honduras are on average mestizo/indomestizo/tri-racial (basically mestizo but with two digits of SSA, between 12 to 16%), El Salvador is mestizo/indomestizo but Its SSA average is around 7/9% and normally not noticeable in traits.
Finally Guatemala in a way could be similar to El Salvador but with far more pure mayas amerindians, while in El Salvador pure Pipil and Lencas are not a big number.

El Salvador has less self reported amerindians(the lowest of central america and even lowest than Argentina) because the are only 25k self-reported amerindians of an population over 7 M. What happen is that amerindians(in fact arent pure) are more western than those from Guatemala (that could explain the difference of self reported amerindians in the census)but phenotypically their arent greatest difference between El Salvador and Guatemala(despite they are more harnizos and balanced mestizos in El Salvador and that pueblid phenotype should be more common in Guatemala's highlands) while euro difference between Guatemala and El Salvador are less than 12%, maybe 10%.
And yes you are right. Nicaragua and Honduras have a balanced contribution in amerindian-european components. What make them very non-white are the istmid phenotype and general SSA contribution over 10%.But they are some what(35-43% euro, 16% SSA and the rest amerindian). But the problem is that both countries dont have regional studies, the most detailed studies are outdated and also have few examples(aparte de no estar desglosado en regiones) so maybe some regions have more indomestizos(pacific region of Nicaragua), others tri-racials and others more balanced mestizos and harnizos(for example Esteli and those places around)

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 02:34 AM
Nadie sabe como son realmente Honduras y Nicaragua, y en menor medida El Salvador (aunque estos tienen algún estudio). De Guatemala y Panamá también se desconoce mucho, pero al menos tienen censos raciales y encuestas de auto-identificación que nos indican por donde van los tiros.

Obviamente nadie se va a poner a hacer estudios de estos países por riesgo a perder sus vidas (excepto Panamá, dónde sí se podría hacer algo)

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 03:02 AM
El Salvador has less self reported amerindians(the lowest of central america and even lowest than Argentina) because the are only 25k self-reported amerindians of an population over 7 M. What happen is that amerindians(in fact arent pure) are more western than those from Guatemala (that could explain the difference of self reported amerindians in the census)but phenotypically their arent greatest difference between El Salvador and Guatemala(despite they are more harnizos and balanced mestizos in El Salvador and that pueblid phenotype should be more common in Guatemala's highlands) while euro difference between Guatemala and El Salvador are less than 12%, maybe 10%.
And yes you are right. Nicaragua and Honduras have a balanced contribution in amerindian-european components. What make them very non-white are the istmid phenotype and general SSA contribution over 10%.But they are some what(35-43% euro, 16% SSA and the rest amerindian). But the problem is that both countries dont have regional studies, the most detailed studies are outdated and also have few examples(aparte de no estar desglosado en regiones) so maybe some regions have more indomestizos(pacific region of Nicaragua), others tri-racials and others more balanced mestizos and harnizos(for example Esteli and those places around)

Excellent description.
You improved a lot what I mentioned. ;)

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 03:07 AM
Nadie sabe como son realmente Honduras y Nicaragua, y en menor medida El Salvador (aunque estos tienen algún estudio). De Guatemala y Panamá también se desconoce mucho, pero al menos tienen censos raciales y encuestas de auto-identificación que nos indican por donde van los tiros.

Obviamente nadie se va a poner a hacer estudios de estos países por riesgo a perder sus vidas (excepto Panamá, dónde sí se podría hacer algo)

Bueno, si es por la delincuencia en el caso de Nicaragua manejan índices muy bajos.
El tema es que hay que ver si el nauseabundo régimen de Daniel Ortega dejara a gente de la ciencia trabajar al respecto algo que dudo sobremanera.
Con sólo decir que si no me equivoco uno de los mejores estudios sobre la población nicaragüense se realizó en Costa Rica sobre los inmigrantes nicas allí, creo que lo dice todo....

Daven
01-14-2020, 03:18 AM
I don't understand why some people is saying that is Chile when that country is probably no more than 60%-65% European compared to Cuba and Puerto Rico that are about 70% both. Cuba could easily be 40% white based on phenotype. I really doubt Chile is more white than that.

samario
01-14-2020, 03:20 AM
Cuba
Puerto Rico
Venezuela, Colombia, Costa Rica
Chile
Mexico

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 03:21 AM
I don't understand why some people is saying that is Chile when that country is probably no more than 60%-65% European compares Cuba and Puerto Rico are about 70%.

Probably overall appearance and color. People tend to be fooled by this a lot.

While less european, the average Chilean likely is far more depigmented and sharp featured than Puerto Rico or Cuba.

Daven
01-14-2020, 03:31 AM
Chile is like 35% amerindian and that's quite a lot. And it's not like most Chileans don't have amerindian features LMAO.

You are actually reminding me of the losers cherrypickers that used to post on here back in the day. They liked to spam the board with pictures of very light mestizos to make a point haha. I was so embarrassed myself back then because some of the European posters were truly believing that cuento that the average Latin American mestizo had light eyes and shit. Ay no que penita ajena me daba.

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 03:34 AM
I don't understand why some people is saying that is Chile when that country is probably no more than 60%-65% European compared to Cuba and Puerto Rico that are about 70% both. Cuba could easily be 40% white based on phenotype. I really doubt Chile is more white than that.

Because Chile has many pure/quasi pure whites regarding its european contribution, because these are usually light (basques, asturians, north castillians, germans, british, croatians; while in the caribbean islands canarians are very abundant), and because the sun radiation in Chile is milder than in the Caribbean and reinforces the lightness with a scarcer sun exposion than in the Caribbean.

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 03:34 AM
Chile is like 35% amerindian and that's quite a lot. And it's not like most Chileans don't have amerindian features LMAO.

They do. It's just that the average person in these kind of places would perceive it as less so.

You are actually reminding me of the losers cherrypickers that used to post on here back in the day. They liked to spam the board with pictures of very light mestizos to make a point haha. I was so embarrassed myself back then because some of the European posters were truly believing that cuento that the average Latin American mestizo had light eyes and shit. Ay no que penita ajena me daba.

You are bussing. I haven't posted a single pic here. I merely offered rationale to why people is inflating Chile here.

CostaRicaBall
01-14-2020, 03:35 AM

While less european, the average Chilean likely is far more depigmented and sharp featured than Puerto Rico or Cuba.

Black admixture is like 3 times harder to dilute than amerindian one. Also, black admixed people tend to have more extremes in phenotype, even if they are homogenous in european input.

FountainOfSalmacis
01-14-2020, 03:38 AM

15% SSA is very noticeable, and makes a difference in how european a person is perceived.

Latinus
01-14-2020, 03:42 AM
Cuba.

Daven
01-14-2020, 03:49 AM
15% SSA is very noticeable, and makes a difference in how european a person is perceived.

How is 15% SSA "very" noticeable? Are you that familiar with octoroons/quadroons? Interesting. I didn't know they were so common in Antofagasta.

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 03:52 AM
How is 15% SSA "very" noticeable? Are you that familiar with octoroons/quadroons? Interesting. I didn't know they were so common in Antofagasta.

Antofagasta es la única ciudad de Chile que tenía "negros" nativos (mulatos, triraciales y distintas mezclas), y por si fuera poco, ahora se está llenando de chocoanos, venezolanos y de haitianos.

Debe entender mucho de negros la verdad, su ciudad es de las pocas que tiene de todo tipo y orígenes.

Abdelnour
01-14-2020, 03:58 AM

Most likely because the Chilean natives, Mapuche, are light pigmented. This is oppose to the native tribes of Mexico, which had to adapt to the extreme desert weather.

alnortedelsur
01-14-2020, 03:59 AM
Antofagasta es la única ciudad de Chile que tenía "negros" nativos (mulatos, triraciales y distintas mezclas), y por si fuera poco, ahora se está llenando de chocoanos, venezolanos y de haitianos.

Debe entender mucho de negros la verdad, su ciudad es de las pocas que tiene de todo tipo y orígenes.

Pero la mayoría de los Venezolanos en Chile son gente de clase media para arriba, donde un gran porcentaje son entre blancos, harnizos y castizos (quitando alguna que otra persona triracial). No puedes comparar la inmigración Venezolana en Chile con la de Haitianos y Colombianos negros.

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 04:00 AM
Pero la mayoría de los Venezolanos en Chile son gente de clase media para arriba, donde un gran porcentaje son entre blancos, harnizos y castizos (quitando alguna que otra persona triracial). No puedes comparar la inmigración Venezolana en Chile con la de Haitianos y Colombianos negros.

De hecho como el 70% de los venezolanos que hay en Argentina por ejemplo son indistinguibles de la población local.
Si no hablan, nadie se entera.

CostaRicaBall
01-14-2020, 04:06 AM

Antofagasta es donde se concentran las clases mas pobres de los inmigrantes. Por eso es que hay varios campamentos varios ahi que no corresponden a los chilenos(probablemente por la industria del cobre).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXRczBKXDI

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 04:09 AM

No la estoy comparando, pero estoy seguro de que muchos son triraciales, cuarterones, castizos caribeños y cosas así, prácticamente inexistentes en Chile.

alnortedelsur
01-14-2020, 04:10 AM
Antofagasta es donde se concentran las clases mas pobres de los inmigrantes. Por eso es que hay varios campamentos varios ahi que no corresponden a los chilenos(probablemente por la industria del cobre).

No tengo datos, pero tengo la impresión de que la mayoría de Venezolanos en Chile se concentran en Chile central, incluyendo el area de santiago, y son mas que nada gente de clase media para arriba. Esos inmigrantes mas pobres son mas que nada Chocoanos y Haitianos, mas los Peruanos y Bolivianos de siempre.

FountainOfSalmacis
01-14-2020, 04:10 AM
I wouldn’t say they are common, but I see a wide range of african influence on people where I live. From haitians who are mostly pure ssa, colombians who are more than 50% ssa, dominicans who range from quadroons to mulatos, and lastly venezuelans ( most are varying degrees of euro/amerindian with a few showing some ssa admix). Most users will agree that 15% ssa is more noticeable than 15% amerindian, perhaps “very” wasn’t the right word to use. Anyways, I think that’s the reason people see Chile as more european.

alnortedelsur
01-14-2020, 04:12 AM
De hecho como el 70% de los venezolanos que hay en Argentina por ejemplo son indistinguibles de la población local.

Exactamente. Y muchos de los Venezolanos clase media que no son blancos, son mestizos, harnizos y castizos que pasan piola tranquilamente en Chile. Y los blancos ni se diga: pasan tranquilamente como blancos Argentinos o Chilenos (dependiendo del país donde estén).

Daven
01-14-2020, 04:13 AM

Es como un poquito obvio que el SSA se diluye menos rápido que el nativo. Sin embargo hay gente en estos foros que como exagera. No es posible que una persona que sea 85% euro y 15% se le note el negroide. Forget about it. Es como sin sentido tomar a los multigenerationals como ejemplo. Cuando yo he visto personas con menos de 15% de ameríndio que se ven como si fuera 30%-40% por eso de throwback genes.

alnortedelsur
01-14-2020, 04:18 AM
No la estoy comparando, pero estoy seguro de que muchos son triraciales, cuarterones, castizos caribeños y cosas así, prácticamente inexistentes en Chile.

Los Venezolanos castizos o harnizos (sin ninguna mezcla SSA visible) no tienen ningún aspecto particularmente caribeño y pasan tranquilamente desapercibidos en el cono sur, y un gran porcentaje de los Venezolanos en Chile y Argentina son entre blancos, harnizos, castizos y a lo mucho mestizos (sin mezcla africana visible). Solo los de aspecto triracial llaman la atención en el cono sur, y no son la mayoría.

Daven
01-14-2020, 04:26 AM
I wouldn’t say they are common, but I see a wide range of african influence on people where I live. From haitians who are mostly pure ssa, colombians who are more than 50% ssa, dominicans who range from quadroons to mulatos, and lastly venezuelans ( most are varying degrees of euro/amerindian with a few showing some ssa admix). Most users will agree that 15% ssa is more noticeable than 15% amerindian, perhaps “very” wasn’t the right word to use. Anyways, I think that’s the reason people see Chile as more european.

Neither native nor SSA is very noticeable at 15% IMO. Either way the thread is about the "whitest" and not about "the lightest". El título del tema es como subjetivo haha. Pero bueno, entiendo eso de que en Chile son mas claros. En Puerto Rico y sobre todo en Cuba la gente tiene su bronceado por eso del clima. Si vas a Cuba vas a ver que es más obvio por eso del nivel de vida.

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 04:28 AM
Neither native nor SSA is very noticeable at 15% IMO. Either way the thread is about the "whitest" and not about "the lightest". El título del tema es como subjetivo haha. Pero bueno, entiendo eso de que en Chile son mas claros. En Puerto Rico y sobre todo en Cuba la gente tiene su bronceado por eso del clima. Si vas a Cuba vas a ver que es más obvio por eso del nivel de vida.

Even the white people are tanned there. This also boosts the wrong perception Chile is more "white".

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 04:32 AM
¿Quién y cuándo ha afirmado que Chile es más europeo que Cuba? (la diferencia es enorme a favor del segundo)

Es por si me he perdido algo :bored:

Daven
01-14-2020, 04:35 AM
Yea. Incluso la gente parda se ve más oscura de lo que realmente son genéticamente y muchas veces bastante oscura. Si ves mis fotos de secundaria de cuando vivía en Rep. Dominicana hubieras pensado que andaba por el 40% SSA cuando en realidad soy solo como 25%. Yo he visto un montón de mulatos balanceados que parecen de hasta 80% negroide skin complexion-wise sin exagerar por eso del sol. Para mí que ellos tienen más facilidad para oscurecerse. Es lo común en la isla.

Daven
01-14-2020, 04:40 AM
¿Quién y cuándo ha afirmado que Chile es más europeo que Cuba? (la diferencia es enorme a favor del segundo)

Tranquilízate.

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 04:40 AM

Son simples memes repetitivos (repetidos por gringos de sitios estilo SpermFront con poco conocimiento de la región) en esta clase de lugares.

Nordarya
01-14-2020, 04:41 AM
I vote Porto Rico. Not only does it belong to the US, which has the largest White population in the Western hemisphere, but it has the most cross-pollination with Whites there and far more potential for further passing in this nature, perhaps assimilation in a similar fate as Louisianans or Texans. Other countries do not have a steady stream of White relations outside of Creoles across their borders, because White immigration fresh from Europe is not a constant guarantee. So, the answer is not merely guessing percentages of influences, but recognising the dynamics of relationships. The plausibility of Porto Rican incorporation into the body politic of the US is a large sticking point in maintaining commonwealth status, as well as independence referendums resisting this eventuality, but many also do prefer statehood, rather than the life in limbo and lack of resources for natural disaster, emergency management, etc.

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 04:46 AM
I vote Porto Rico. Not only does it belong to the US, which has the largest White population in the Western hemisphere, but it has the most cross-pollination with Whites there and far more potential for further passing in this nature, perhaps assimilation in a similar fate as Louisianans or Texans. Other countries do not have a steady stream of White relations outside of Creoles across their borders, because White immigration fresh from Europe is not a constant guarantee. So, the answer is not merely guessing percentages of influences, but recognising the dynamics of relationships. The plausibility of Porto Rican incorporation into the body politic of the US is a large sticking point in maintaining commonwealth status, as well as independence referendums resisting this eventuality, but many also do prefer statehood, rather than the life in limbo and lack of resources for natural disaster, emergency management, etc.

What have you eaten this dinner??

Daven
01-14-2020, 05:06 AM
Because Chile has many pure/quasi pure whites regarding its european contribution, because these are usually light (basques, asturians, north castillians, germans, british, croatians; while in the caribbean islands canarians are very abundant), and because the sun radiation in Chile is milder than in the Caribbean and reinforces the lightness with a scarcer sun exposion than in the Caribbean.

The main European contribution un Cuba is Canarian, Galician and Asturian, in that order. Also, Cuba and Puerto Rico has also "quasi-whites" plus the white-passing ones that make up a good amount in both countries. Chile is still mostly mestizo in phenotype btw. But okay, they are lighter-skinned on average. I agree.

Nordarya
01-14-2020, 05:07 AM
What have you eaten this dinner??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_maw#Latin_American_cuisine

Something you probably like. (I made it from scratch.)

FountainOfSalmacis
01-14-2020, 02:03 PM
The main European contribution un Cuba is Canarian, Galician and Asturian, in that order. Also, Cuba and Puerto Rico has also "quasi-whites" plus the white-passing ones that make up a good amount in both countries. Chile is still mostly mestizo in phenotype btw. But okay, they are lighter-skinned on average. I agree.
Chilean average phenotype is closer to harnizo than to mestizo, and also has a good amount of “quasi-whites”, practically most of the upper class. I’ve seen studies that show that 60% of Puerto Ricans have “significant” African ancestry, so in the end, it’s not so easy to say which country looks more caucasoid.

Adamastor
01-14-2020, 02:36 PM
I think people in these boards overexaggerate minor African influences and underestimate Amerindian influences in phenotype.

I mean, I live in Brazil and visited other Latin American countries, USA and Europe. I'm familiar with people mixed with all kinds of stuff. I agree that small percentages of African may influence more someone's phenotype than small percentages of Amerindian, but it's not like if someone who is 85% Euro and 15% SSA will look like Ronaldinho... In the way people talk here, it seems even small amounts of African can make someone look like Pelé, lol.

I've seen tons of threads here with cherrypicked Mestizos/Harnizos/Castizos who may be European passing, but the same could be made with Quadroons. At the end of the day, these things are very hard to assign certainly, only a small percentage of genes are responsible for phenotypical characteristics.

It's pretty much possible to be as low as 5% Amerindian or African and still show some influence, at the same time is also possible to be 80% European, 10% African, 10% Amerindian and look North European...

I've posted many of these cases here... From some American girl with only 7% Amerindian looking Indo-Mestiza to a girl that is 24% Amerindian but look white, another one who is 25% SSA and looks North Euro. I also know Brazilians with something like 5% SSA showing features and very small Amerindian (3-6%) also showing small vibes.

axel.aleman
01-14-2020, 02:50 PM

En Panama tambien casi todos son blancos y como confunden al panameño comun con el venezolano chavista y insultan a los locales, ya te debes imaginar el bullying entre ambas partes

axel.aleman
01-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Chile, Cuba puede tener mas porcentaje de europeo pero tiene mezcla con negro, cosa que Chile no tiene

Daven
01-14-2020, 03:19 PM
Chile, Cuba puede tener mas porcentaje de europeo pero tiene mezcla con negro, cosa que Chile no tiene

La pregunta del millón sería cual país tiene mayor porcentaje de blancos entre Cuba y Chile. Cuba debe andar por 40%-45%. De Chile me hubiera imaginado que estuviese como por 25%-30% pero tampoco estoy seguro.

Los afro-cubanos son bien SSA en promedio y ya eso de por sí haría a Cuba más oscuro.

bandeirante
01-14-2020, 03:30 PM
The order is this:

1. Uruguay
2. Argentina
3. Cuba
4. Brasil
5. Puerto Rico
6. Chile
9. México
11. Bolivia, Panamá
12. Haití

brazil hispanic?

Daven
01-14-2020, 03:34 PM
Chilean average phenotype is closer to harnizo than to mestizo, and also has a good amount of “quasi-whites”, practically most of the upper class. I’ve seen studies that show that 60% of Puerto Ricans have “significant” African ancestry, so in the end, it’s not so easy to say which country looks more caucasoid.

Harnizo is still mestizo.
60% for Puerto Rico is really low. They are probably 65%-70% caucasoid on average and no less than that IMO. The SSA in the island must be like 15%-18 and the native between 12%-15%. I don't think they are as native as they are African like the common perception considering mulatto phenotypes are more common among them.

Nordarya
01-14-2020, 03:36 PM
brazil hispanic?

One thing to note about Lusitanians, is that you are a humble lot. I save all my vitriol for Franks and Spaniards, if any is deserved. Anglo-Portuguese Alliance FTW!

Skengdo
01-14-2020, 04:50 PM
La pregunta del millón sería cual país tiene mayor porcentaje de blancos entre Cuba y Chile. Cuba debe andar por 40%-45%. De Chile me hubiera imaginado que estuviese como por 25%-30% pero tampoco estoy seguro.

Los afro-cubanos son bien SSA en promedio y ya eso de por sí haría a Cuba más oscuro.

Chile no debe de pasar del 20%. Debe de ser como 12-15% más bien.

samario
01-14-2020, 05:36 PM
Cuba es más blanca.

axel.aleman
01-14-2020, 05:43 PM

Antes de la revolucion cubana hubiera sido Cuba mas blanco pero la mayoria de los blancos se fueron.

Duffmannn
01-14-2020, 05:58 PM
Antes de la revolucion cubana hubiera sido Cuba mas blanco pero la mayoria de los blancos se fueron.

No, no es exactamente así.

Todos o casi todos los que se fueron en las primeras décadas eran blancos, luego ha habido más morenos (habiendo aún predominio blanco)

Pero Cuba era tan mayoritariamente blanca, que aún con todo, sigue siendo uno de los países más blancos de Latinoamérica (y saca una buena diferencia a Chile)

Daven
01-14-2020, 09:18 PM

¿Y a dónde se fueron todos esos blancos? Porque en el censo de 1953 habían más 5 millones de personas en Cuba de los cuales 72% se consideraban como tal. Ahora el % de pred. euros en la isla es similar si miras el censo actual. Yo creería muy fácilmente que han emigrando la mayoría de los que sacan 98%-100% europeo (los descendientes directos de españoles) pero tampoco que el país se quedó vacío.;)

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 09:35 PM
¿Y a dónde se fueron todos esos blancos? Porque en el censo de 1953 habían más 5 millones de personas en Cuba de los cuales 72% se consideraban como tal. Ahora el % de pred. euros en la isla es similar si miras el censo actual. Yo creería muy fácilmente que han emigrando la mayoría de los que sacan 98%-100% europeo (los descendientes directos de españoles) pero tampoco que el país se quedó vacío.;)

Por lo que he visto la mayoría de los exámenes de los cubanos de Miami dan entre 92 y 96% europeo.
Existen 99 y 100% pero son una minoría, no poca pero no más del 20%, ya que son los que no tienen ni un ápice de colonial, el resto aunque sea una puntita de taino o de africano marcan pero lo dicho, es un residual que no hace diferencia....
De todos modos de 92 a 98% pongamosle también muestran fenotipo europeo, siendo que el indígena no suele verse antes del 10% y el africano recién del 6% para arriba.
De todos modos coincido contigo en el hecho de que en Cuba hay un montón de blancos aún hoy, de este estilo 92 a 96 o 98% Euro salen muchos exámenes de ciudades como Artemisa, Santa Clara, Pinar del Río, etc.
Yo creo que fácil el 40% de los cubanos se ven blancos.
El problema está en que la ventana de Cuba al mundo es La Habana, que en el sentido racial es tremendamente diverso y segregado entonces ves por un lado un montón de blancos y por otro un montón de gente que se ve muy africana.
Es algo así como una Detroit o una New Orleans.
En algún sentido Río de Janeiro también se le parece.

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 09:38 PM
Por lo que he visto la mayoría de los exámenes de los cubanos de Miami dan entre 92 y 96% europeo.
Existen 99 y 100% pero son una minoría, no poca pero no más del 20%, ya que son los que no tienen ni un ápice de colonial, el resto aunque sea una puntita de taino o de africano marcan pero lo dicho, es un residual que no hace diferencia....
De todos modos de 92 a 98% pongamosle también muestran fenotipo europeo, siendo que el indígena no suele verse antes del 10% y el africano recién del 6% para arriba.
De todos modos coincido contigo en el hecho de que en Cuba hay un montón de blancos aún hoy, de este estilo 92 a 96 o 98% Euro salen muchos exámenes de ciudades como Artemisa, Santa Clara, Pinar del Río, etc.
Yo creo que fácil el 40% de los cubanos se ven blancos.
El problema está en que la ventana de Cuba al mundo es La Habana, que en el sentido racial es tremendamente diverso y segregado entonces ves por un lado un montón de blancos y por otro un montón de gente que se ve muy africana.
Es algo así como una Detroit o una New Orleans.
En algún sentido Río de Janeiro también se le parece.

Mi compatriota "Argentano" de este mismo foro subió varios exámenes de cubanos.
Luego los buscaré y los voy a colocar aquí mismo para que los podamos analizar, son de mucho apoyo sin dudas.

time67
01-14-2020, 09:39 PM
I was scrolling down and it just dawned on me that Daven's avatar isn't Drake. lol...

Daven
01-14-2020, 09:41 PM
Umm I look nothing like Drake.

CostaRicaBall
01-14-2020, 09:58 PM
brazil hispanic?

Brazil is lusophonic. Indeed, Duffmannn's top is right if we ralk about latin america.

Erronkari
01-14-2020, 10:00 PM
Umm I look nothing like Drake.

Aún no encuentro los regionales, pero los seguiré buscando.
Pero acabo de encontrar un cuadro interesantísimo.
Mira como en estos estudios subidos por argentano, se ve claramente que la ENORME mayoría se encuentran entre 85 y 95% Euro.
Lo que no se es si son de la isla o de Miami, pero sea como sea se ve a las claras que es un pueblo con un predominio caucásico gigante.
Hasta me quedo asombrado de verlo....

https://i.imgur.com/HQqp3Qq.png

bandeirante
01-14-2020, 10:01 PM
Brazil is lusophonic. Indeed, Duffmannn's top is right if we ralk about latin america.

3 cuba
4 brazil

hahahahahahaha

Duffmannn's: brazil is a africa 2.0 from slums in rio!

CostaRicaBall
01-14-2020, 10:04 PM
3 cuba
4 brazil

hahahahahahaha

Duffmannn's: brazil is a africa 2.0 from slums in rio!

In genetic studies the difference between both isnt great.

Argentano
01-15-2020, 04:12 PM

simplemente hay que ver los censos cubanos para darse cuenta de que la mayoria de blancos NO SE FUERON DE CUBA

Cuba era 74% blanca en 1943 y 66% blanca en 1981

Eso solo ya te muestra que la gran mayoria de personas identificadas como blancos cubanos se quedaron en la isla luego de la revolucion.

Lo que se podria decir es que el segmento mas europeo de los blancos emigro pero eso ya es especulacion.

samario
01-15-2020, 04:54 PM
simplemente hay que ver los censos cubanos para darse cuenta de que la mayoria de blancos NO SE FUERON DE CUBA

Eso solo ya te muestra que la gran mayoria de personas identificadas como blancos cubanos se quedaron en la isla luego de la revolucion.

Lo que se podria decir es que el segmento mas europeo de los blancos emigro pero eso ya es especulacion.

Debería incluir el componente South Asian en el agregado Eurasian. En las tablas que hace.

Daven
01-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Es que como dijeron por ahí, La Habana y en menor medida Santiago de Cuba son las caras de la isla. También pasa que los blancos son más comunes en las áreas rurales mientras que los negros y los mulatos en la ciudades. Cuba tiene aún una población rural muy grande.

Erronkari
01-15-2020, 06:28 PM

¿Estos exámenes serán de la Isla o de Miami? ¿A vos qué impresión te da?

https://i.imgur.com/5rS0fbx.png

Zuh
01-15-2020, 08:24 PM
The awnser is Mexico they are millions of gueros all over Mexico from Tijuana all the way south to Quintana roo Mexico.

Source? I had a full European looking grandmother very Castillan.

https://i.ibb.co/64xKC8K/78330701-727690211073056-4811547184765861888-n.jpg

No quotes pic.

perikolez
01-15-2020, 08:51 PM
The awnser is Mexico they are millions of gueros all over Mexico from Tijuana all the way south to Quintana roo Mexico.

Numericamente puede tener muchos millones de gueros, pero en porcentaje está lejos de ser de los más blancos. 10% de 120 millones son un buen número de millones, pero no deja de ser un 10%, y los mestizos mexicanos no están en promedio entre los más europeos.

Zuh
01-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Numericamente puede tener muchos millones de gueros, pero en porcentaje está lejos de ser de los más blancos. 10% de 120 millones son un buen número de millones, pero no deja de ser un 10%, y los mestizos mexicanos no están en promedio entre los más europeos.

10% se me hace muy bajo ese porcentaje le acabe apenas Ecuador Mexico sin duda es 20% y sin exagerar la poblacion blanca esta muy abundante en todo centro -occidente Norte de Mexico menos ciudades fronterisas claro es muy comun que las familias mestizas de estas regiones tengan minimo un pariente que se vea fenotipicamente 100% Español ya sea madre padre abuelo o abuela como en mi caso mi abuela fue originaria de Fresnillo Zacatecas .

Nordarya
01-15-2020, 09:15 PM

https://i.ibb.co/64xKC8K/78330701-727690211073056-4811547184765861888-n.jpg

No quotes pic.

Looks like Demi Moore!

Tooting Carmen
01-15-2020, 10:31 PM

Esas auto-identificaciones son a menudo un chiste. Incluso la mayoria de los cubanos que encontre en Miami no son blancos verdaderos - tal vez 30-40% de los que vi si son.

Erronkari
01-15-2020, 10:34 PM
10% se me hace muy bajo ese porcentaje le acabe apenas Ecuador Mexico sin duda es 20% y sin exagerar la poblacion blanca esta muy abundante en todo centro -occidente Norte de Mexico menos ciudades fronterisas claro es muy comun que las familias mestizas de estas regiones tengan minimo un pariente que se vea fenotipicamente 100% Español ya sea madre padre abuelo o abuela como en mi caso mi abuela fue originaria de Fresnillo Zacatecas .

Si hay un 18 a 20% de +85 Euro creo.

Duffmannn
01-15-2020, 10:49 PM

10% es un porcentaje muy muy generoso.

Skengdo
01-15-2020, 11:30 PM

Qué definición estamos usando aquí? Arriba de 85% euro?

Méjico debe de tener un porcentaje casi nulo de gente que sea 100/98%. Sin embargo refiriéndose solo a fenotipo el número debe de ser mayor. De ser así 10-12% me parece correcto.

Zuh
01-15-2020, 11:49 PM

Méjico debe de tener un porcentaje casi nulo de gente que sea 100/98%. Sin embargo refiriéndose solo a fenotipo el número debe de ser mayor. De ser así 10-12% me parece correcto.

None sense im a mexican american currently in Mexico and spanish looking mexicans are not rare i still strongly disagree 10% is to low.

Skengdo
01-15-2020, 11:49 PM
None sense im a mexican american currently in Mexico and spanish looking mexicans are not rare i still strongly disagree 10% is to low.

I won't listen to you. Your posting tells me you may have some weird visual complex.

One tenth of the population is nothing rare tho. That'd be like 1 in 100 or less.

Zuh
01-15-2020, 11:53 PM
I won't listen to you. Your posting tells me you may have some weird visual complex.

One tenth of the population is nothing rare tho. That'd be like 1 in 100 or less.

What complex? Posting my grandmother wasn't enough? Did you also want me to post blonde green eye cousins? To prove spanish looking mexicans aren't rare as some delusional who never been to Mexico think are experts in Mexico?

Seems the one with a complex and bias agenda is you:rolleyes:

Skengdo
01-15-2020, 11:55 PM
What complex? Posting my grandmother wasn't enough? Did you also want me to post blonde green eye cousins? To prove spanish looking mexicans aren't rare as some delusional who never been to Mexico think are experts in Mexico?

This post only further cements my suspicious. People like you always feel compelled to share "light relatives" or otherwise cherrypicked pics. There are many moroccans and indians who do the same as you're doing.

It's not that I don't believe what you're saying per se. I just know your type is not trustworthy, knowledgeable or even entertaining at all.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 12:01 AM
This post only further cements my suspicious. People like you always feel compelled to share "light relatives" or otherwise cherrypicked pics. There are many moroccans and indians who do the same as you're doing.

It's not that I don't believe what you're saying per se. I just know your type is not trustworthy, knowledgeable or even entertaining at all.

Yeah sure what ever.. the only one the feels suspicious and not trustworthy is with a recent made up account like yours.

Probably a suck puppet of southern american or previous banned member .

Skengdo
01-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Yeah sure what ever.. the only one the feels suspicious and not trustworthy is with a recent made up account like yours.

Probably a suck puppet of southern american or previous banned member .

Think you had a small freudian slip there. Are you hungry batty boy?

Zuh
01-16-2020, 12:06 AM
Think you had a small freudian slip there. Are you hungry batty boy?

Can't you see my red highlighted name? That means i like to donate money for free on forums i like to be around.

Let me know if you haven't ate tonight to send you some dollars on your paypal.

Carlito's Way
01-16-2020, 12:06 AM

98-100% euro would be about 2% of the Mexican population
phenotype would be about 15-20% but that all depends because Europeans like Catherine Zeta Jones would not be rare in Mexico (you can find that phenotype in all socio-class of the country from north to south) she has a common phenotype but phenotypes like Katy Perry is not so common and would fit in the 10%
so at the end of the day, it just depends on what phenotypes we are speaking about because Europeans all look different

CostaRicaBall
01-16-2020, 12:41 AM
Si hay un 18 a 20% de +85 Euro creo.

In castizo-white range according gedMatch.
https://i.imgur.com/JMIhkal.png
+85% are around 6%

CostaRicaBall
01-16-2020, 12:47 AM

In México ( a country in which whites and mestizos arent label in the same place) any light skinned mestizo can pass as güero (people that would been mestizos or negros in the southern cone without any doubt)
Is easy to find this publications of mexicans in facebook, do not base in chicanos speculations. Use facebook about real mexicans!!
I remember when @RMuller said that only atlanto-meds are gueros in Mexico. A foolish lie.
https://i.imgur.com/Rp1kv6O.png

CostaRicaBall
01-16-2020, 12:54 AM

The only way to check the amount of racial groups is via crowds. Then, businessmen and public workers of Mexico DF are very euro (at least 75% euro on average). Same with Sonora but around 62-66% with some northern/central european phenotypes.

CostaRicaBall
01-16-2020, 12:58 AM

Source? I had a full European looking grandmother very Castillan

No quotes pic.

You said several times before your DNA tests that your grandmother or so had recent spanish ancestry or was spaniard and @Duffmannn and @Cristiano Viejo are witnesses about that. Then, she is an outlier.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 01:04 AM

You're intuitive...

I made this thread not for trolling or trying to offend anyone, just out of curiosity and for fun after to get to know more about north africans.

After i seen gedmatch results of north africans + as well their historical affinity to south euros and geographical distance, i kind of expected them to be a lot closer than i got to see after playing around a bit with north african g25 nmonte coordinates. I mean, this whole time i myself thought north africans would be significantly somewhat a bit close to south euros.

But this suprised me a bit:

Distance to: Moroccan_North:MOJ2
0.13761508 Spanish_Canarias
0.16528326 Spanish_Extremadura
0.16919579 Spanish_Andalucia
0.16933056 Spanish_Murcia
0.17083389 Spanish_Galicia
0.17092024 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon
0.17580107 Spanish_Alacant
0.17619895 Spanish_Asturias
0.17646728 Spanish_Eivissa
0.17759084 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha
0.17764012 Spanish_Menorca
0.17927061 Spanish_Baleares
0.18031074 Spanish_Valencia
0.18070842 Spanish_Cataluna
0.18126291 Spanish_Mallorca
0.18283997 Spanish_Aragon
0.18330112 Spanish_Camp_de_Tarragona
0.18437348 Spanish_Terres_de_l'Ebre
0.18471654 Spanish_Castello
0.18481394 Spanish_Peri-Barcelona
0.18492045 Spanish_Navarra
0.18527431 Spanish_Pirineu
0.18551003 Spanish_La_Rioja
0.18551338 Spanish_Girona
0.18622741 Spanish_Penedes
0.18627004 Spanish_Cantabria
0.18640651 Spanish_Lleida
0.18861149 Spanish_Barcelones
0.18949471 Spanish_Catalunya_Central
0.19230914 Spanish_Soria
0.20190827 Spanish_Pais_Vasco

Distance to: Moroccan_North:MNA3
0.13028200 Spanish_Canarias
0.15811822 Spanish_Extremadura
0.16164713 Spanish_Andalucia
0.16216751 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon
0.16255073 Spanish_Murcia
0.16303269 Spanish_Galicia
0.16904396 Spanish_Asturias
0.16919130 Spanish_Alacant
0.16981026 Spanish_Eivissa
0.16988351 Spanish_Menorca
0.17029300 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha
0.17252702 Spanish_Baleares
0.17253483 Spanish_Valencia
0.17341475 Spanish_Cataluna
0.17465054 Spanish_Aragon
0.17514902 Spanish_Mallorca
0.17595825 Spanish_Camp_de_Tarragona
0.17702269 Spanish_La_Rioja
0.17712081 Spanish_Pirineu
0.17735532 Spanish_Navarra
0.17740322 Spanish_Terres_de_l'Ebre
0.17743919 Spanish_Peri-Barcelona
0.17798011 Spanish_Castello
0.17855531 Spanish_Girona
0.17917529 Spanish_Cantabria
0.17949690 Spanish_Lleida
0.17973777 Spanish_Penedes
0.18098040 Spanish_Barcelones
0.18151576 Spanish_Catalunya_Central
0.18377888 Spanish_Soria
0.19305498 Spanish_Pais_Vasco

Distance to: Libyan:LIB9
0.14063315 Spanish_Canarias
0.16721970 Spanish_Extremadura
0.17082265 Spanish_Murcia
0.17135565 Spanish_Andalucia
0.17293167 Spanish_Galicia
0.17298122 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon
0.17738909 Spanish_Eivissa
0.17750177 Spanish_Menorca
0.17792018 Spanish_Alacant
0.17950842 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha
0.17965288 Spanish_Baleares
0.18178846 Spanish_Mallorca
0.18195698 Spanish_Asturias
0.18231506 Spanish_Valencia
0.18361684 Spanish_Cataluna
0.18402155 Spanish_Camp_de_Tarragona
0.18577862 Spanish_Aragon
0.18581114 Spanish_Terres_de_l'Ebre
0.18623690 Spanish_Peri-Barcelona
0.18665820 Spanish_Girona
0.18670643 Spanish_Castello
0.18711012 Spanish_La_Rioja
0.18740134 Spanish_Pirineu
0.18745323 Spanish_Penedes
0.18825617 Spanish_Lleida
0.18865292 Spanish_Navarra
0.18939154 Spanish_Cantabria
0.19007717 Spanish_Barcelones
0.19027933 Spanish_Catalunya_Central
0.19374550 Spanish_Soria
0.20638033 Spanish_Pais_Vasco

These are the more euro leaning berber samples i could find. All the other berber samples would not turn a bit closer to euros than these samples.
Its interesting to see how close theyre to canarias compared to other euros(they would also get italians at distance of at least 17 and up to 22), but then again they get some of the canaria samples at 13 and some even at 11 and after looking a bit up about canarias, it seems like north african admix is a thing. So its not too weird that they get them at such distance. So it seems like non-north african admixed south euros would at get euro leaning N africans at distance of 16(which is still very huge)
I kind of expected i would be much more further(im a lot further still than these individual samples though) than these samples would be, since theyre right next to south euros and my country doesnt even border chechenya, but this suprised me a bit....

Distance to: Nomansman_scaled
0.20364311 Spanish_Mallorca
0.20387353 Spanish_Canarias
0.20413058 Spanish_Extremadura
0.20458581 Spanish_Eivissa
0.20503837 Spanish_Penedes
0.20512698 Spanish_Alacant
0.20607058 Spanish_Girona
0.20642507 Spanish_Baleares
0.20645434 Spanish_Galicia
0.20700760 Spanish_Camp_de_Tarragona
0.20714104 Spanish_Andalucia
0.20717654 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon
0.20760288 Spanish_Menorca
0.20826710 Spanish_Murcia
0.20992130 Spanish_Terres_de_l'Ebre
0.20996212 Spanish_Valencia
0.21000075 Spanish_Peri-Barcelona
0.21029031 Spanish_Lleida
0.21047748 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha
0.21122468 Spanish_Barcelones
0.21172941 Spanish_Cataluna
0.21191334 Spanish_Pirineu
0.21228095 Spanish_Catalunya_Central
0.21274856 Spanish_Castello
0.21315191 Spanish_Aragon
0.21396886 Spanish_Cantabria
0.21565419 Spanish_Soria
0.21635500 Spanish_Navarra
0.21660789 Spanish_Asturias
0.22749211 Spanish_Pais_Vasco
0.22802473 Spanish_La_Rioja

Although a distance difference of 4(i get spanish and portugese at least at distance of 20, while less african morrocans get them at least of 16) is kind of huge, its still crazy to see how i, an afghan pashtun, are not much further from the neighbors of morroccans, despite their huge amount of euro alike admix in gedmatch(while i get much less compared to morrocans). And most of the other slightly more african shifted north africans would get most south italians and spanish at distance of 17,5 to 19, while i get them at least at 18-20,5.

Seems like its not for nothing north africans dont look like euros mostly. Either its just me who did a bad conclusion and the vahado distances arent reliable or it is the fact that north africans(even kabyle types....i assume this is what kabyles would get like....i wouldnt mind being corrected, if im wrong) are just REALLY REALLY far from their european neighbors and suprisingly not much closer than i am.

What do you guys think?

Zuh
01-16-2020, 01:06 AM
You said several times before your DNA tests that your grandmother or so had recent spanish ancestry or was spaniard and @Duffmannn and @Cristiano Viejo are witnesses about that. Then, she is an outlier.

What are you talking about ? According to family rumors she was..... an uncle of mine has a painting picture of the parents of my maternal grandmother her dad looked like a light baskid and her mother like an atanto med.

White looking mexicans are all over the place everywhere in jalisco and Zacatecas from all social backgrounds not just in los altos my grandmother was from Fresnillo Zacatecas had nothing to do with Jalisco is actually closer to Aguascalientes there actually.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 01:10 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Sun-Maid_Logo.jpg

Looks like her.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 01:12 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/Sun-Maid_Logo.jpg

Looks like her.

Yeah. Many white americans have agreed that my maternal grandmother looked like a white american from east coast like anglo + Italian type.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 01:33 AM
Yeah. Many white americans have agreed that my maternal grandmother looked like a white american from east coast like anglo + Italian type.

I was thinking more of the Basques in the Napa Valley wineries.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 01:37 AM
I was thinking more of the Basques in the Napa Valley wineries.

Im mestizo though. but my euro ancestry is mostly castillan follow by basque and then andalucia according to the help of a user who helped me run my euro ancestry..

Erronkari
01-16-2020, 01:38 AM
I think that this thread deserves two answers and not only one:
1- Considering final numbers: México.
2- Considering the %: Cuba, the most likely.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 01:41 AM
I think that this thread deserves two answers and not only one:
1- Considering final numbers: México.
2- Considering the %: Cuba, the most likely.

Mexico is awsome and unique in terms of numerically numbers Mexico probably has the most amerindians from all over the world also mestizo and white probably arabs too .

Over one 1 million arab mexicans in Mexico.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 01:49 AM
Im mestizo though. but my euro ancestry is mostly castillan follow by basque and then andalucia according to the help of a user who helped me run my euro ancestry..

What are your haplogroups? I agree with your signature picture. Amerindians are Q and Indo-Europeans are R, both sons of P.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 01:59 AM
What are your haplogroups? I agree with your signature picture. Amerindians are Q and Indo-Europeans are R, both sons of P.

Both of my haplogroups are European.

https://i.ibb.co/RyGyVwn/IMG-20200115-WA0009.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/gmbtyw2/IMG-20200115-WA0008.jpg

Skengdo
01-16-2020, 02:15 AM
You're intuitive...

More observation than intuition at play here, to be honest.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 02:16 AM

That's really nice.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 02:17 AM
More observation than intuition at play here, to be honest.

Self-fulfilling prophecies are always both.

Skengdo
01-16-2020, 02:19 AM
In México ( a country in which whites and mestizos arent label in the same place) any light skinned mestizo can pass as güero (people that would been mestizos or negros in the southern cone without any doubt)
Is easy to find this publications of mexicans in facebook, do not base in chicanos speculations. Use facebook about real mexicans!!
I remember when @RMuller said that only atlanto-meds are gueros in Mexico. A foolish lie.
https://i.imgur.com/Rp1kv6O.png

Because güero only means a light skinned person. There's some flash and lightning at play there but the female looks light skinned. The counter-term to this is "prieto" which literally means black. Obviously the persons called "prieto" aren't literally black in neither a pigmentation sense.

The only way to check the amount of racial groups is via crowds. Then, businessmen and public workers of Mexico DF are very euro (at least 75% euro on average). Same with Sonora but around 62-66% with some northern/central european phenotypes.

Crowds can be easily manipulated and selected too. With two separate crowds I can make Costa Rica look like the Dominican Republic and Uruguay at the same time. Where are you getting all these numbers? Mexico city would have more northern/central european phenotypes than anywhere in Northern Mexico except for some Mennonite towns. Mexico City has received the most post-colonial migration.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 02:31 AM
That's really nice.

My ftdna ancient origins or where my european ancestors lived.

https://i.ibb.co/ZXyd9YX/Screenshot-20200115-212044.jpg

Erronkari
01-16-2020, 02:36 AM

Very interesting.
The Mytrueancestry gave me the same haplos as you!

https://i.imgur.com/UvixHEr.png

https://i.imgur.com/HuPKF93.png

Almost identical.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 02:46 AM
My ftdna ancient origins or where my european ancestors lived.

https://i.ibb.co/ZXyd9YX/Screenshot-20200115-212044.jpg

What's the 37%?

Zuh
01-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Very interesting.
The Mytrueancestry gave me the same haplos as you!

https://i.imgur.com/UvixHEr.png

https://i.imgur.com/HuPKF93.png

Almost identical.

Yeah mexicans having maternal indigenous haplogroup and paternal european is just bullshit this prove European women in colonial Mexico dating mestizos or indios was not out of the norm.

I personally know a few mexicans with both european haplogroups.

Zuh
01-16-2020, 02:49 AM
What's the 37%?

Amerindian and sub Saharan black african.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 02:50 AM
Amerindian and sub Saharan black african.

Percentiles?

Zuh
01-16-2020, 02:53 AM
Percentiles?

35-36% amerindian and 3-4% sub saharan. According to gedmatch

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 02:57 AM
35-36% amerindian and 3-4% sub saharan. According to gedmatch

Is this the Mexican average?

Zuh
01-16-2020, 03:00 AM
Is this the Mexican average?

No such thing as average mexican we all racially diverse with different percentages .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTvTY761EL-iNjH8Q1joIPgdhIJX9-dWMAlBCH3zpUibInrBqMz

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 03:18 AM
No such thing as average mexican we all racially diverse with different percentages .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTvTY761EL-iNjH8Q1joIPgdhIJX9-dWMAlBCH3zpUibInrBqMz

National average...

Zuh
01-16-2020, 03:33 AM
National average...

Like 50-52% european 45% amerindian and 3 black.

Nordarya
01-16-2020, 03:44 AM
Like 50-52% european 45% amerindian and 3 black.Southwest-Central Asia average, it seems.

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2020, 01:32 AM

Cuba has more pure/quasi-pure Whites than Chile, but the difference is that the non-white Cubans mostly look more, well, non-white than most Chileans do. If that makes sense.

Nordarya
01-17-2020, 01:50 AM
Cuba has more pure/quasi-pure Whites than Chile, but the difference is that the non-white Cubans mostly look more, well, non-white than most Chileans do. If that makes sense.

You know that's because the non-Euro admixes are different. Chilean sea bass are more Pacific and not so much Gulf of Guineas.

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2020, 01:54 AM
You know that's because the non-Euro admixes are different. Chilean sea bass are more Pacific and not so much Gulf of Guineas.

Well yes, the Black admixture in Cubans makes them look less White on average than does the Amerindian admixture in Chileans. Also, as Duffmann said, quite a few White Chileans are of Northern/Central Euro descent, whereas White Cubans are predominantly of Canarian and to a lesser degree mainland Iberian descent. Nevertheless, I think White/quasi-White Cubans are 35-40%, whereas White/quasi-White Chileans are maybe 25-30%.

Nordarya
01-17-2020, 02:02 AM
Well yes, the Black admixture in Cubans makes them look less White on average than does the Amerindian admixture in Chileans. Also, as Duffmann said, quite a few White Chileans are of Northern/Central Euro descent, whereas White Cubans are predominantly of Canarian and to a lesser degree mainland Iberian descent. Nevertheless, I think White/quasi-White Cubans are 35-40%, whereas White/quasi-White Chileans are maybe 25-30%.

West or East Eurasians are on a sliding spectrum and there's no absolute demarcation, but Africans stick out like used toilet paper.

Tooting Carmen
01-17-2020, 02:03 AM
West or East Eurasians are on a sliding spectrum and there's no absolute demarcation.

Try the border between Russia and China...

Nordarya
01-17-2020, 02:10 AM
Try the border between Russia and China...

Do you know the history of Amur and Vladivostok? Well, the nexus is Turkestan and anywhere the Soviets had satellite states. Through those, but most especially via Indian colonies like Tibet, Indochina and Indomalaya, the White race has a complete overlap with the Yellow.

HelloGuys
01-20-2020, 04:01 PM

Un 10% se me hace bastante bien; lo que pasa es que muchos toman a castizos en fenotipo como criollos; esos si deben rondar otro 13% maso (Castizos y blancos/criollos son alrededor del 23% o tal vez un poco menos)

HelloGuys
01-20-2020, 04:05 PM

Un 10% me parece correcto; aquí tenemos muchos más castizos que criollos (Aunque muchos los unen cuando se hablan de población euro-descendiente, lo cuál considero que deben estar separados)

KonanxB
01-22-2020, 01:46 AM
Genetically: Cuba.

Passable population in Europe: Chile.

Average pigmentation: Paraguay.

Skengdo
02-14-2020, 01:32 PM
Can't you see my red highlighted name? That means i like to donate money for free on forums i like to be around.

Let me know if you haven't ate tonight to send you some dollars on your paypal.

Sounds like you like to waste money for useless cases. How about you buy a large dick and place it inside your butthole?

renaissance12
02-14-2020, 01:46 PM
Is Cuba like Santo Domingo or Haiti ?

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Cuba it’s the only one consistent of being majority European in most DNA tests done on the country, then Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Colombia in that order

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 02:55 PM
If we’re talking about skin pigmentation then Chile, Paraguay and Costa Rica might be ahead but most studies prove they’re just mestizos on average skewing a bit towards the European but the average doesn’t even reach towards 70% European. Only Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Colombia in that order have an average of being at least 60-70% European although they have a bit more Afro admixture so they’re non-white passing majority Euro people are darker then balanced Mestizo Chileans, Costa Rican’s and Paraguayans.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 03:07 PM
My guess in Hispanic countries on which is Whiter/Euro from most to least (genetically not skin pigmentation wise)

1. Argentina/Uruguay
2. Cuba/Puerto Rico
3. Venezuela/Colombia/Costa Rica/Paraguay
4. Chile/Mexico/Dominican Republic/Nicaragua/El Salvador/Honduras/
5. Ecuador/Guatemala/Panama/Peru/Bolivia

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 03:16 PM
My guess in Hispanic countries on which is Whiter/Euro from most to least (genetically not skin pigmentation wise)

1. Argentina/Uruguay
2. Cuba/Puerto Rico

I d say:
1- Uruguay.
2- Argentina.

The rest almost the same.

Tooting Carmen
02-14-2020, 03:28 PM
The rest almost the same.

:picard1: Estas bromeando, no?

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 03:38 PM
:picard1: Estas bromeando, no?

De acuerdo.
Nicaragua, El Salvador y Honduras me temo que no están bien ubicadas en el #4, y deberían pasar al grupo #5.
Por otro lado Chile debería pasar al #3.
Buen punto Tooting.

Tooting Carmen
02-14-2020, 03:45 PM
De acuerdo.
Nicaragua, El Salvador y Honduras me temo que no están bien ubicadas en el #4, y deberían pasar al grupo #5.
Por otro lado Chile debería pasar al #3.
Buen punto Tooting.

Bueno, lo siento por mal entenderte. Pensaba que estabas diciendo que, tras Argentina y Uruguay, el aporte europeo no difiera mucho entre los demas paises. Pero aun asi, es un chiste decir que Chile es menos europeo que Colombia y Venezuela!

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 03:47 PM
Chile at 3 why ? Almost all sources point to Chile being at a balanced Mestizo nation ? What’s wrong with my list ? Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua based on most sources are always at least 40/40 split between Amerindian and European, I only put Peru and Bolivia in the 4th because they’re 70-80% Amerindian nowhere is El Salvador, Honduras or Nicaragua close to that much Amerindian because they’re not and they’re populations are mainly mestizos

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 03:49 PM
E tu tienes pruebas de cuánto europeo es Chile porque hasta ahora no e visto algo substantial que me diga que ellos son por lo menos 60-80% Europeo. Lo más grande que lo he visto de ellos en promedio son 55% Europeo.

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 04:16 PM
Chile at 3 why ? Almost all sources point to Chile being at a balanced Mestizo nation ? What’s wrong with my list ? Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua based on most sources are always at least 40/40 split between Amerindian and European, I only put Peru and Bolivia in the 4th because they’re 70-80% Amerindian nowhere is El Salvador, Honduras or Nicaragua close to that much Amerindian because they’re not and they’re populations are mainly mestizos

Chile in the same level to Costa Rica or Paraguay I mean...
Or may be a little less Euro but not that much.

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Bueno, lo siento por mal entenderte. Pensaba que estabas diciendo que, tras Argentina y Uruguay, el aporte europeo no difiera mucho entre los demas paises. Pero aun asi, es un chiste decir que Chile es menos europeo que Colombia y Venezuela!

No, no te preocupes.
Creo que viene Paraguay, luego CR y luego Chile.
Es posible que incluso a la par de Colombia y Venezuela o aunque sea un poco menos pero no está a la par de Nicaragua, Honduras o El Salvador.

Pero insisto.... Uruguay es más Euro que Argentina.
Incluso considerando sólo la parte central de Arg.
Aunque sea por monedas lo es.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 04:33 PM
Sin pruebas no cambia nada para mi

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Sin pruebas no cambia nada para mi

Are you talking about Chile???

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 04:43 PM
Yes

samario
02-14-2020, 06:06 PM
Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Colombia.

Chileans are not as white as some people make them out to be. High Amerindian influence. I've met a few Chileans, gathered a lot of studies, etc. They are not whiter by any means than Venezuelans or Colombians, although not far behind.

samario
02-14-2020, 06:09 PM

1. Argentina/Uruguay
2. Cuba/Puerto Rico

This makes a lot of sense to be honest. I'd split them a bit further, though.

1. Argentina/Uruguay
2. Cuba/Puerto Rico
3. Colombia/Venezuela
4. Costa Rica
5. Paraguay
6. Chile
7. Mexico/Dominican Republic
8. Nicaragua/El Salvador/Honduras/Ecuador? < Not sure about Ecuador
9. Guatemala/Panama
10. Peru
11. Bolivia

samario
02-14-2020, 06:25 PM
If we’re talking about skin pigmentation then Chile, Paraguay and Costa Rica might be ahead but most studies prove they’re just mestizos on average skewing a bit towards the European but the average doesn’t even reach towards 70% European. Only Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Colombia in that order have an average of being at least 60-70% European although they have a bit more Afro admixture so they’re non-white passing majority Euro people are darker then balanced Mestizo Chileans, Costa Rican’s and Paraguayans.

Hmm Colombians are not that dark-pigmented really (there's a study out there comparing skin pigmentation of Brazilians, Mexicans, Chileans and Colombians, I'll post it later if I find it) and many Colombians live high in the mountains where there's very little sunlight. Other than that, I agree.

And oh, Costa Ricans also have some Afro admixture. Chileans and Paraguayans, especially Chileans, are the ones with very little SSA admixture. Paraguayans might be on par or not far behind (in terms of SSA admixture), dunno.

samario
02-14-2020, 06:28 PM
Melanin skin tones amongst Chileans, Mexicans, Brazilians, Peruvians and Colombians. Colombian whites and mestizos are the lightest ones in their own categories.

https://i.imgur.com/2MeDssE.png

Tooting Carmen
02-14-2020, 06:34 PM
Melanin skin tones amongst Chileans, Mexicans, Brazilians, Peruvians and Colombians. Colombian whites and mestizos are the lightest ones in their own categories.

https://i.imgur.com/2MeDssE.png

I do agree that Colombian Mestizos tend to be a tad lighter-skinned than e.g. Mexican Mestizos.

Duffmannn
02-14-2020, 06:36 PM
I do agree that Colombian Mestizos tend to be a tad lighter-skinned than e.g. Mexican Mestizos.

Many mexican "mestizos" are actually indo-mestizos, while colombians are mostly true mestizos-harnizos.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 06:45 PM
I feel like Colombia is more diverse then Chile so it varies more but yeah your right people from I’m assuming your talking about Bogota and Medellin on average as light and lighter then Chileans probably

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 06:49 PM
I feel like people white wash Chileans because they’re in the southern cone, bring up German ancestry and they’re doing better economically tbh

samario
02-14-2020, 06:50 PM
I feel like Colombia is more diverse then Chile so it caries more but yeah your right people from I’m assuming your talking about Bogota and Medellin on average as light and lighter then Chileans probably

Well yeah. Trust me, living in cities like Bogota or Medellin takes its toll on skin. Bogota has a very cloudy environment (similar to Lima, but colder and rainier) and water is taken from the paramos (similar to the Scottish Highlands). Paramo water does wonders to skin and I'm not talking exclusively about pigmentation. I guess that's why Colombian whites have a lower melanin index than Brazilian whites from Sao Paulo, Rio and other sunny environments.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 06:54 PM
Sounds like you guys get less sunlight then other areas. I think this is probably the reason why Andean natives aren’t as dark as Central American natives due to the lack of sunlight in the high altitude in the mountains

samario
02-14-2020, 06:56 PM
Maybe, I don't know. Central Andes have a long dry season. Northern Andes have no dry season. My city is the sunniest city in Colombia, though.

Colombia in general is known for being lush green and getting a lot of rain anyway.

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 07:43 PM
This makes a lot of sense to be honest. I'd split them a bit further, though.

1. Argentina/Uruguay
2. Cuba/Puerto Rico
3. Colombia/Venezuela
4. Costa Rica
5. Paraguay
6. Chile
8. Nicaragua/El Salvador/Honduras/Ecuador? < Not sure about Ecuador
9. Guatemala/Panama
10. Peru
11. Bolivia

I insist.
Uruguay is more Euro than Argentina.
The prove.

https://i.imgur.com/9hJS3sZ.png

And practically all exams say the same.

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Edited.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 07:53 PM
I was talking about Chile but ok lol

samario
02-14-2020, 07:59 PM
I insist.
The prove.

Yeah, I know, but they are both within a similar range.\

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 08:02 PM
I was talking about Chile but ok lol

You were not included in the comment really.
I didn't see you talking against our people yet.

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I know, but they are both within a similar range.\

The difference is around 8%...
It's not that mínimal.

samario
02-14-2020, 09:27 PM
The difference is around 8%...
It's not that mínimal.

Yeah, Uruguay is whiter because it's mainly Rioplatense. Argentinian regions outside of the Pampas are highly diverse.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 09:51 PM
I put Uruguay and Argentina in the same list because they’re close in range. I don’t care if 8% is seen as a lot to you when in actuality it’s barley a difference, like samario said Argentina has more regions outside of Buenos Aires/Rio de la Plata(even though most live there) while Uruguay is all Rio de la Plata. I’m don’t even want to offend you but you’re making a big deal out of nothing.

Zuh
02-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Many mexican "mestizos" are actually indo-mestizos, while colombians are mostly true mestizos-harnizos.

Falseee! Majority Mexicans and Mexican americans falls within this range.

The graph shows Mexico 55% and im 56% so..

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 11:14 PM
I put Uruguay and Argentina in the same list because they’re close in range. I don’t care if 8% is seen as a lot to you when in actuality it’s barley a difference, like samario said Argentina has more regions outside of Buenos Aires/Rio de la Plata(even though most live there) while Uruguay is all Rio de la Plata. I’m don’t even want to offend you but you’re making a big deal out of nothing.

It's not a big deal.
I try to contribute describing the gene pool of the people from my country (Argentina) and my dad's country (Uruguay).
It's the same if you do the same with Perú.
I don't feel upset if you do it.
But It's ok...

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 11:15 PM
Bonus all Latin American countries/regions edition. This includes the French and Portuguese regions

Most to least European
1. (Quebec)/Argentina/Uruguay
2. (Brazil)/Cuba/Puerto Rico
5. Ecuador/Guatemala/Panama/Peru/Bolivia/(Haití and French Caribbean)

Most to least African
1. (Haiti and French Caribbean)/Dominican Republic/Panama
2. Colombia/Cuba/(Brazil)/Honduras/Venezuela
3. Nicaragua/Costa Rica/Ecuador/Peru
4. Guatemala/Mexico/Uruguay
5. (Quebec)/Argentina/Bolivia/Chile/El Salvador/Paraguay

Most to least Amerindian
1. Bolivia/Guatemala/Peru/Ecuador
2. Mexico/El Salvador/Honduras/Nicaragua/Panama
3. Chile/Colombia/Venezuela/Costa Rica/Paraguay
4. Argentina/(Brazil)
5. (Haiti and French Caribbean)/(Quebec)/Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico/Cuba/Uruguay

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 11:40 PM
Bonus all Latin American countries/regions edition. This includes the French and Portuguese regions

Most to least European
1. (Quebec)/Argentina/Uruguay
2. (Brazil)/Cuba/Puerto Rico
5. Ecuador/Guatemala/Panama/Peru/Bolivia/(Haití and French Caribbean)

Most to least African
2. Colombia/Cuba/(Brazil)/Nicaragua
3. Venezuela/Honduras/Costa Rica/Nicaragua/Ecuador
4. Peru/Guatemala/Mexico/Uruguay
5. (Quebec)/Argentina/Bolivia/Chile/El Salvador/Paraguay

Most to least Amerindian
1. Bolivia/Guatemala/Peru/Ecuador
2. Mexico/El Salvador/Honduras/Nicaragua/Panama
3. Chile/Colombia/Venezuela/Costa Rica/Paraguay
4. Argentina/(Brazil)
5. (Haiti and French Caribbean)/(Quebec)/Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico/Cuba

Faltó Uruguay entre los más y menos amerindios que es entre 8 y 11%.
Y esto lo digo para contribuir, no para molestar.

Thetruth
02-14-2020, 11:42 PM
Uruguay está entre los menos Amerindios, ellos casi no tienen mestizos ni amerindios. Solo Argentina tiene porque es más grande e tiene más variedad en sus regiones aparte de Buenos Aires e en Brasil en las regiones de Amazonas hay todavía amerindios completos en pueblos pequeños algo que no pasa en Uruguay

Erronkari
02-14-2020, 11:50 PM
Uruguay está entre los menos Amerindios, ellos casi no tienen mestizos ni amerindios. Solo Argentina tiene porque es más grande e tiene más variedad en sus regiones aparte de Buenos Aires e en Brasil en las regiones de Amazonas hay todavía amerindios completos en pueblos pequeños algo que no pasa en Uruguay

Lo que decís está muy bien.
Sólo una observación: Buenos Aires la ciudad capital no es el sector con menos mestizaje así como tampoco el Gran Buenos Aires ya que es un sector que recibió y sigue recibiendo muchísima gente de las provincias interiores con mayor mestizaje.
Los sectores con menor influjo amerindio en el ADN son las zonas rurales de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Santa Fe, Córdoba, La Pampa y Entre Ríos.
En otros países puede ser distinto, pero en la Argentina en las ciudades hay mayor diversidad y variedad que en los pueblos pequeños al menos si hablamos de la región central.
En los pueblos pequeños y las áreas rurales hay más homogeneidad y la gente es más caucásica en promedio.
En algunos casos más del 86% de aporte Euro cuando en Buenos Aires la ciudad es del 79%.

Todo el resto que has dicho creo que está perfecto y también coincido con lo de Uruguay, pero puede considerarse que está en un nivel similar al de Cuba o República Dominicana.
El sector donde hay algunos individuos algo mezclados es la zona interior entre Tacuarembo y Salto.
El resto es muy euro.

samario
02-15-2020, 12:05 AM

Here's my list:

Most to least European
1. Quebec
2. Uruguay/Argentina
3. Cuba/Brazil/Puerto Rico
4. Colombia/Venezuela/Costa Rica
5. Paraguay
6. Chile
8. Nicaragua/El Salvador/Honduras
9. Ecuador/Guatemala
10. Panama
11. Peru
12. Bolivia

Haiti is not Latin American and there are some French-speaking islands that are overwhelmingly inhabited by Europeans (Reunion)

Most to least African
1. Dominican Republic/Panama
2. Cuba/Brazil/Puerto Rico
3. Venezuela/Nicaragua/Honduras
4. Colombia/Costa Rica
5. El Salvador/Ecuador
6. Uruguay
7. Argentina/Guatemala/Mexico/Peru/Bolivia
8. Quebec/Paraguay/Chile

Most to least Amerindian
1. Bolivia/Peru
2. Guatemala
3. Ecuador
4. Mexico/El Salvador/Honduras/Nicaragua/Panama
5. Chile
6. Costa Rica/Paraguay/Colombia/Venezuela
7. Argentina/Brazil/Puerto Rico/Uruguay
8. Quebec/Dominican Republic/Cuba

*Sujeto a cambios (leves)

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 12:12 AM
Here's my list:

Most to least European
1. Quebec
2. Uruguay/Argentina
3. Cuba/Brazil/Puerto Rico
4. Colombia/Venezuela/Costa Rica
5. Paraguay
6. Chile
8. Nicaragua/El Salvador/Honduras
9. Ecuador/Guatemala
10. Panama
11. Peru
12. Bolivia

Haiti is not Latin American and there are some French-speaking islands that are overwhelmingly inhabited by Europeans (Reunion)

Most to least African
1. Dominican Republic/Panama
2. Cuba/Brazil/Puerto Rico
3. Venezuela/Nicaragua/Honduras
4. Colombia/Costa Rica
5. El Salvador/Ecuador
6. Uruguay
7. Guatemala/Mexico/Argentina/Bolivia
8. Quebec/Paraguay/Chile

Most to least Amerindian
1. Bolivia/Peru
2. Guatemala
3. Ecuador
4. Mexico/El Salvador/Honduras/Nicaragua/Panama
5. Chile
6. Costa Rica/Paraguay/Colombia/Venezuela
7. Argentina/Brazil/Puerto Rico/Uruguay
8. Quebec/Dominican Republic/Cuba

*Sujeto a cambios (leves)

Uruguay tiene entre 8 y 10% de nativo en genética y Argentina rondando el 20%.
Yo sugeriría colocar a Uruguay en el siguiente escalón (se parece más a Cuba y a RD que a Argentina en ese sentido).
Porque por otro lado Argentina tiene un 2.5% de amerindios puros.

El resto está perfecto en mi humilde opinión.

Duffmannn
02-15-2020, 12:21 AM
I insist.
The prove.

kratz
02-15-2020, 12:22 AM
The order is this:

1. Uruguay
2. Argentina
3. Cuba
4. Brasil
5. Puerto Rico
6. Chile
9. México
11. Bolivia, Panamá
12. Haití

This seems like the correct list. Definitely agree Uruguay is more European than Argentina. I met a bunch of harnizos Argentineans who were visiting the USA from Tucuman. While everyone I've met from Uruguay has been white even the people working summer jobs(the one's I've met where Southern European).

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 12:25 AM
This seems like the correct list. Definitely agree Uruguay is more European than Argentina. I met a bunch of harnizos Argentineans who were visiting the USA from Tucuman.

I like a lot that list too!!
Others too.
May be It's true that there is not that much =/= Arg/Uru, but in my humble opinion Argentina is more native influenced by far than Uruguay.
And sure... around 25% of the population of Buenos Aires look clearly mixed (harnizos or more mixed).

Latinus
02-15-2020, 12:42 AM
I seriously don't believe Chile is whiter than Cuba. Chile's whiteness is, in my opinion, very overrated by foreigners, mainly because the country was perceived as a Latin American model (let's not forget that to many people Latin American prosperity is related to the white components of it's population, the higher the imput, the more prosperous a country is) and because most of the population is light skinned and lack significant SSA imput.

Cuba is the opposite of Chile. Cubans have significant SSA imput, which, obviously, makes them darker than Chileans on average, but at the same time the Central American country has a bigger white/Euro looking pop, which also includes pure ones.

We could also draw a parallel with Brazil. Average Euro-Mestizo Chilean is lighter than the average triracial Brazilian pardo, but Brazil is much more heterogenous than Chile and also whiter, that's why you see much more Euro looking people in São Paulo than Santiago, for example.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 08:47 AM
El Salvador is more African then Peru ? How there’s barley an Afro Salvadorans while Afro Peruvians actually do form a higher number in the population, same thing with Uruguay. Afro Peruvians go from anywhere to 1,200,000 to 800,000 in numbers in Peru and form at least 3.6 percent of the population. I think Haiti and the French Caribbean is only part of Latin America on a technical level since they’re were colonized by France and have French as one of they’re official languages even if the majority of the population don’t speak it. I think the only self identified Latinos/Latin Americans come from ibero-America. Also Reunion island isn’t in the Americas it’s in the Indian ocean

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 09:32 AM
Most to least European
1. Uruguay/(Quebec)
2. Argentina
3. Cuba/Puerto Rico/(Brazil)
4. Colombia/Venezuela/Costa Rica/Paraguay
5. Chile/Mexico/Dominican Republic/El Salvador/Honduras/Nicaragua
6. Ecuador/Peru/(Haiti and French Caribbean)/Bolivia/Guatemala

• Whites(full or near) are mostly visible in countries that are predominantly White, Mulatto or Triracial

Most to least African
2. Cuba/(Brazil)/Colombia
3. Puerto Rico/Venezuela/Honduras
4. Nicaragua/Costa Rica
5. Ecuador/Peru
6. El Salvador/Mexico/Guatemala/Paraguay/Uruguay
7. Argentina/(Quebec)/Bolivia

• Blacks(full or half) are mostly visible in countries that are either predominantly Black, Mulatto or Triracial

Most to least Amerindian
1. Bolivia/Guatemala/Ecuador/Peru
2. Mexico/El Salvador/Panama/Nicaragua/Honduras
3. Chile/Costa Rica/Paraguay/Colombia/Venezuela
5. Argentina
6. Puerto Rico/(Brazil)
7. (Haiti and French Caribbean)/Dominican Republic/Cuba/(Quebec)/Uruguay

• Amerindians(full or half) are mostly visible in countries that are predominantly Amerindian, Mestizo or Triracial

***Updated List

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 09:37 AM
I seriously don't believe Chile is whiter than Cuba. Chile's whiteness is, in my opinion, very overrated by foreigners, mainly because the country was perceived as a Latin American model (let's not forget that to many people Latin American prosperity is related to the white components of it's population, the higher the imput, the more prosperous a country is) and because most of the population is light skinned and lack significant SSA imput.

Cuba is the opposite of Chile. Cubans have significant SSA imput, which, obviously, makes them darker than Chileans on average, but at the same time the Central American country has a bigger white/Euro looking pop, which also includes pure ones.

We could also draw a parallel with Brazil. Average Euro-Mestizo Chilean is lighter than the average triracial Brazilian pardo, but Brazil is much more heterogenous than Chile and also whiter, that's why you see much more Euro looking people in São Paulo than Santiago, for example.

Although Cuba probably has a higher percentage of Whites/quasi-Whites than does Chile, in my experience Chilean Whites tend to look even, well, whiter than do Cuban Whites because (1) the latter precisely lack the residual SSA that some of the former still have and (2) Cuban Whites are overwhelmingly of Canarian and Andalusian descent, with a few Galicians here and there too, whereas Chilean Whites come from across Europe, with substantial Spanish, Italian, British, French, German, Polish and Croatian communities.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 01:40 PM
This seems like the correct list. Definitely agree Uruguay is more European than Argentina. I met a bunch of harnizos Argentineans who were visiting the USA from Tucuman. While everyone I've met from Uruguay has been white even the people working summer jobs(the one's I've met where Southern European).

Most to least European
1. Uruguay/(Quebec)
2. Argentina

Most to least African
4. Nicaragua/Costa Rica
5. Ecuador/Peru

Most to least Amerindian
5. Argentina
6. Puerto Rico/(Brazil)

***Updated List

This seems perfect to me.

samario
02-15-2020, 02:48 PM
El Salvador is more African then Peru ? How there’s barley an Afro Salvadorans while Afro Peruvians actually do form a higher number in the population, same thing with Uruguay. Afro Peruvians go from anywhere to 1,200,000 to 800,000 in numbers in Peru and form at least 3.6 percent of the population. I think Haiti and the French Caribbean is only part of Latin America on a technical level since they’re were colonized by France and have French as one of they’re official languages even if the majority of the population don’t speak it. I think the only self identified Latinos/Latin Americans come from ibero-America. Also Reunion island isn’t in the Americas it’s in the Indian ocean

Yes, Salvadorians on average have some degree of SSA ancestry, near 10%, some even score higher levels. Afro ancestry there is diluted. Peruvians are more often than not pred. Amerindian and their SSA isn't as high, you being a notable exception (from 23AndMe results I've stumbled upon).

Uruguayans also have a noticeable higher SSA input than Peruvians and Afro-Uruguayans are a sizeable minority in Uruguay (percentage wise). Proximity to Brazil adds up to this, too.

I don't think Haiti is Latin at all, they don't speak French and they are not Catholic either, etc. And you are right, I meant to say Saint Barthelemy, not Reunion. It's a French island in the Caribbean mainly populated by whites.

samario
02-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Although Cuba probably has a higher percentage of Whites/quasi-Whites than does Chile, in my experience Chilean Whites tend to look even, well, whiter than do Cuban Whites because (1) the latter precisely lack the residual SSA that some of the former still have and (2) Cuban Whites are overwhelmingly of Canarian and Andalusian descent, with a few Galicians here and there too, whereas Chilean Whites come from across Europe, with substantial Spanish, Italian, British, French, German, Polish and Croatian communities.

We're discussing genetics, though, not looks. Chilean elite does have a very diverse European genepool but the average Chilean is pretty much a balanced Mestizo and some portray strong Amerindian features.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 02:54 PM
We're discussing genetics, though, not looks. Chilean elite does have a very diverse European genepool but the average Chilean is pretty much a balanced Mestizo and some portray strong Amerindian features.

Whites in Chile are surely 25-30% of the population though (certainly higher than in Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela). Not all of them are part of the elite, anymore than is the case in Cuba.

samario
02-15-2020, 02:56 PM
Most to least European
1. Uruguay/(Quebec)
2. Argentina

• Whites(full or near) are mostly visible in countries that are predominantly White, Mulatto or Triracial

Most to least African
4. Nicaragua/Costa Rica
5. Ecuador/Peru

• Blacks(full or half) are mostly visible in countries that are either predominantly Black, Mulatto or Triracial

Most to least Amerindian
5. Argentina
6. Puerto Rico/(Brazil)

• Amerindians(full or half) are mostly visible in countries that are predominantly Amerindian, Mestizo or Triracial

***Updated List

The average Venezuelan and Puerto Rican are more SSA than the average Colombian, we have a pocket of predominantly SSA individuals but there are some populations where SSA input is minimal: Tolima, Huila, Boyaca, Santander, Norte de Santander, Bogota itself, Caldas, Risaralda, Quindio, etc.

Pretty much Andean Colombia. Bogota, for example, never took in any slaves during colonial times.

The average Colombia has the same degree of SSA as Costa Ricans.

Also, I think Chile is more Amerindian than either Colombia or Venezuela. They've got a lot of full-Amerindians and their Amerindian input tends to be higher on average.

samario
02-15-2020, 03:00 PM
Whites in Chile are surely 25-30% of the population though (certainly higher than in Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela). Not all of them are part of the elite, anymore than is the case in Cuba.

The ones with non-Spanish surnames tend to be part of the elite. Cubans, Venezuelans and Colombians are definitely whiter than the average Chilean in my opinion.

There are a bunch of studies out there and Chileans don't score much higher than 50-55% Caucasian on average.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 03:08 PM
Where is this person getting those numbers from ? Also isn’t your average self identified White Chilean really just a balanced Mestizo skewing a bit towards the Euro side while for self identified White Brazilians and Cubans your average is 70-80% Euro lol.

samario
02-15-2020, 03:09 PM
By the way Tooting Carmen, are you Colombian? :D

I never saw your results? Where in Colombia are you from?

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 03:11 PM
Yes, Salvadorians on average have some degree of SSA ancestry, near 10%, some even score higher levels. Afro ancestry there is diluted. Peruvians are more often than not pred. Amerindian and their SSA isn't as high, you being a notable exception (from 23AndMe results I've stumbled upon).

Uruguayans also have a noticeable higher SSA input than Peruvians and Afro-Uruguayans are a sizeable minority in Uruguay (percentage wise). Proximity to Brazil adds up to this, too.

I don't think Haiti is Latin at all, they don't speak French and they are not Catholic either, etc. And you are right, I meant to say Saint Barthelemy, not Reunion. It's a French island in the Caribbean mainly populated by whites.

Good point!! Agree!!
Uruguayan samples as a whole score between 7 to 10% SSA.
But it's thus because some afro-uruguayans are tested, because even in Gedmatch and 23andme it's possible to see that regular uruguayans score the same SSA to argentines, and only a little higher than chileans/bolivians.

samario
02-15-2020, 03:11 PM
Where is this person getting those numbers from ? Also isn’t your average self identified White Chilean really just a balanced Mestizo skewing a bit towards the Euro side while for self identified White Brazilians and Cubans your average is 70-80% Euro lol.

Yeah, Brazilians and Cubans are so much whiter than Chileans. Puerto Ricans, too.

There are so many nationalities that come before Chile on this poll yet people seem to think Chileans are the same as Argentinians and Uruguayans. Far from Thetruth!

Just because they managed to achieve a decent level of development doesn't mean they are pred. white, lol.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 03:14 PM
By the way Tooting Carmen, are you Colombian? :D

I never saw your results? Where in Colombia are you from?

My Mum is Colombian from Bogota, my Dad is an Anglo-Welsh mix and I've only ever lived in Britain (bar a brief stint in Spain). And I have yet to do a DNA test.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Yeah, Brazilians and Cubans are so much whiter than Chileans. Puerto Ricans, too.

There are so many nationalities that come before Chile on this poll yet people seem to think Chileans are the same as Argentinians and Uruguayans. Far from Thetruth!

Just because they managed to achieve a decent level of development doesn't mean they are pred. white, lol.

I agree that the racial contrast when crossing the Chilean-Argentine border is pretty big (I have done it myself). However, I don't think the percentage of Whites and quasi-Whites is dramatically lower in Chile than in Cuba. If anything it is the whiteness of Cubans that some are overstating - even the ones in Miami are mostly mixed-race to varying degrees.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 03:31 PM
Agreed. Also take example Giselle Bundchen a German Brazilian from the South who grew up in a rather poor rural village where there’s many like her in Southern Brazil who have only German ancestry and they’re found everywhere in southern Brazil they’re not considered anything special since they’re the norm while in Chile only the high upper class have German surnames and ancestry. I think why a place like Brazil, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Colombia have high European ancestry in comparison to Chile is because during colonial days they were places easier to get from Europe due to proximity, they were place’s brought in European labor since the natives died out mainly. Chile on the other hand was isolated and rather homogenous since they’re only descended from a small group of Spanish settlers and small tribes.

Also the national average for Chile is like 50-55% European while for Cuba, PR, Brazil and Venezuela its at least 66-75% for the National even in Brazil in Northern and Northeastern regions(the least white) its 56-71% European, more then Chile

Tenma de Pegasus
02-15-2020, 03:48 PM

Whites brazilians mostly range between 75% and 100% euro, but the average white of Brazil is 80-85-90% euro.

Tenma de Pegasus
02-15-2020, 03:50 PM
To answer the thread IMO:

PR and Cuba

CR and Paraguay

Chile

Colombia and Venezuela

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 03:50 PM
I was being generous to tooting Carmen tbh, but yeah White Brazilians(along with Cubans tbh) are pretty much fully white and common unlike in Chile.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 03:56 PM
I think it’s:

Cuba and Puerto Rico

Colombia and Venezuela(Andean Colombians are at least 56-70% European)

Paraguay and Costa Rica(Due to they’re proximity to both the Southern Cone/Rio de la Plata and Colombia)

Chile(ranges from 50-56 European on most studies I’ve seen)

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 03:57 PM
Agreed. Also take example Giselle Bundchen a German Brazilian from the South who grew up in a rather poor rural village where there’s many like her in Southern Brazil who have only German ancestry and they’re found everywhere in southern Brazil they’re not considered anything special since they’re the norm while in Chile only the high upper class have German surnames and ancestry. I think why a place like Brazil, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Colombia have high European ancestry in comparison to Chile is because during colonial days they were places easier to get from Europe due to proximity, they were place’s brought in European labor since the natives died out mainly. Chile on the other hand was isolated and rather homogenous since they’re only descended from a small group of Spanish settlers and small tribes.

Also the national average for Chile is like 50-55% European while for Cuba, PR, Brazil and Venezuela its at least 66-75% for the National even in Brazil in Northern and Northeastern regions(the least white) its 56-71% European, more then Chile

Indeed all the southern cone was quite isolated in colonial times.
Especially before the creation of Río de la Plata Vice-royalty.
The case of Argentina now where 80 to 98% Euro genetically talking are the main group is because of the immigrants who arrived after 1860 and the bulk mixed with colonials after.
If Argentina wouldn't recived that huge immigration of italians and spaniards mainly it would be very similar to Chile in these times.
Chile recived immigration but substantially less.

Daven
02-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Most to least European
1. Uruguay/(Quebec)
2. Argentina

Most to least African
4. Nicaragua/Costa Rica
5. Ecuador/Peru

Most to least Amerindian
5. Argentina
6. Puerto Rico/(Brazil)

***Updated List

Is this really by order? Because I don't think Cuba and the DR are more amerindian than Uruguay. I don't think Colombia is more SSA than Puerto Rico neither. PR and Venezuela are probably a tight when it comes yo the negroid element (between 15%-20% each but no more nor less than) but considering the latter is slowly losing much of their Euros I wouldn't be surprised it ends being a few points more SSA than the former.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 04:00 PM
Yes but Southern Brazil, Eastern Argentina and Uruguay have an open door to the Atlantic Ocean and they’re mainly low hills, plains(pampas) and spread out territory. Chile on the other hand is surrounded by mountains, cold and in those days they’d have to cross the Strait of Magellan just to get there

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 04:04 PM
On average Colombia is pretty triracial, but they have el Choco which is a highly Afro influenced region that not many Latin American nations have, Colombia is a place of contrasts while Puerto Rico being smaller and more homogenous is mainly a pred. European Triracial skewing Mulatto throughout its national territory. DR and PR have more triracials then Uruguay which is practically fully Euro but not by muc and only a margin which is why I put it in the same category. There hasn’t been any recent studies of Venezuela so we can only assume.

It’s somewhat in order, only by the numbers, Dominican Republic and Cuba are on the same level on Amerindian ancestry as Uruguay.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Yes but Southern Brazil, Eastern Argentina and Uruguay have an open door to the Atlantic Ocean and they’re mainly low hills, plains(pampas) and spread out territory. Chile on the other hand is surrounded by mountains, cold and in those days they’d have to cross the Strait of Magellan just to get there

Despite that , original central argentines (who created the nation in 1816) were harnizos on average (except the castiza/criolla élite and except a lot of pure amerindians who were killed after (now there are only 2.5% of pure amerindians)).
So it could be possible that the bulk of chileans were Balanced mesizos.
And after the immigration which wasn't huge changes to Balanced leaning harnizos.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:10 PM
México must be more amerindian than the DR is negroid. I really doubt the average SSA among Dominicans is more than 40%-42% on average considering the last study I saw put the country at 49% african (including north african) and on that one the pred. black towns were overrepresented. México must be like 47%-50% native IMO. They should a few points less European.

Also, Costa Rica must be more European than both Colombia and Venezuela. The average Euro in both of former must like 52%-55%. Rich Coast must be like 60%-65%.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 04:11 PM
People in Central Argentina live East of the Andes facing the Atlantic while in Chile they live West of the Andes facing the Pacific

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:11 PM
Because amerindians in the central sid of Argentina were killed in the Campaña del Desierto which was planned by Julio Argentino Roca in the 70s of the XIX century, they were not killed in colonial times like say the shitty leftist and indigenist black legend against Spain.

samario
02-15-2020, 04:14 PM
On average Colombia is pretty triracial, but they have el Choco which is a highly Afro influenced region that not many Latin American nations have, Colombia is a place of contrasts while Puerto Rico being smaller and more homogenous is mainly a pred. European Triracial skewing Mulatto throughout its national territory. DR and PR have more triracials then Uruguay which is practically fully Euro but not by muc and only a margin which is why I put it in the same category. There hasn’t been any recent studies of Venezuela so we can only assume.

It’s somewhat in order, only by the numbers, Dominican Republic and Cuba are on the same level on Amerindian ancestry as Uruguay.

Colombia is less tri-racial than either Venezuela or Puerto Rico, that's for sure. Choco is not very representative, it's one of the least populated places in Colombia, the most populated places are Bogota, Antioquia, Valle, Santander, Atlantico. Colombia is also less SSA than Brazil, Brazilians have a higher SSA input whilst we have a higher Amerindian input. Colombia is mainly harnizo. Depending on the region, there might be some minor differences. Andean Colombians are on average 7% SSA and that's including Valle del Cauca which has noticeable SSA admixture... Not very tri-racial.

Caribbean Colombians are more tri-racial but still predominantly Caucasian (53-58%).

I'm pretty much your average Colombian. Got pretty similar results (poblacion general). Given as Andean Colombia makes up the bulk of the population (75%), the national average is not too different from that of Andean Colombia.

https://i.imgur.com/vVX8zhH.png

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:14 PM
People in Central Argentina live East of the Andes facing the Atlantic while in Chile they live West of the Andes facing the Pacific

Despite that in colonial times most Argentines were harnizos on average.
Chileans were probably Balanced mestizos.
And not only that, the Patagonia was land of tehuelches/aonikenk, not conquered yet.
No podés comparar la Argentina actual con la que venía haciendo en 1816.
No tiene nada que ver una con otra.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:17 PM
I once remember seeing a study in Cuba where they scored a lot of amerindian and more so than us Dominicans on average. I'm just not sure if there was a bias though. Most provinces were ~12% native or something alone those lines. I was quite surprised.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:19 PM
I once remember seeing a study in Cuba where they scored a lot of amerindian and more so than us Dominicans on average. I'm just not sure if there was a bias though. Most provinces were ~10% native or something alone those lines.

Cuba is 7% native on average only.
I'll try to find the study.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:20 PM
Choco departament has less than 500,000 inhabitants. That doesn't really represents a lot percentage-wise in a country of almost 50 million souls.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 04:22 PM
Because amerindians in the central sid of Argentina were killed in the Campaña del Desierto which was planned by Julio Argentino Roca in the 70s of the XIX century, they were not killed in colonial times like say the shitty leftist and indigenist black legend against Spain.

I thought it was well-established and incontestable that most of the Amerindians in Argentina were killed by post-colonial governments?

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:23 PM
Sorry Daven.
My bad.
8% native for Cuba.

https://i.imgur.com/FMNLKAa.png

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 04:24 PM
Only in Choco, which is an extremely rural region, are full Blacks predominant. Most 'Blacks' along the Pacific and especially Caribbean coasts are really quadroons and mulattoes.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:26 PM
I just want to apologize for the typos.

samario
02-15-2020, 04:27 PM
My Mum is Colombian from Bogota, my Dad is an Anglo-Welsh mix and I've only ever lived in Britain (bar a brief stint in Spain). And I have yet to do a DNA test.

Nice. Have you been to Colombia before? You should definitely take a test.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:28 PM
Colombia must be way less than 15% SSA while Puerto Rico most likely 17%.

Tooting Carmen
Nice. Have you been to Colombia before? You should definitely take a test.

I have visited it a few times, yes. And I bought a kit ages ago but haven't got round to using it.

Erronkari
I thought it was well-established and incontestable that most of the Amerindians in Argentina were killed by post-colonial governments?

No Tooting, that area was conquered in the late XIX century.
https://cdn.educ.ar/dinamico/UnidadHtml__get__2f4bd17b-4b47-11e1-807d-ed15e3c494af/index.html
And yes... the killer criminals of amerindians were the "primeros gobiernos patrios", not the spaniards as the leftists say.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 04:30 PM
No Tooting, that area was conquered in the late XIX century.
https://cdn.educ.ar/dinamico/UnidadHtml__get__2f4bd17b-4b47-11e1-807d-ed15e3c494af/index.html
And yes... the killer criminals of amerindians were the "primeros gobiernos patrios", not the spaniards as the leftists say.

Yeah I meant that most of the killings of Amerindians were committed by post-independence governments, not Spaniards.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:31 PM
Sorry Daven.
My bad.
8% native for Cuba.

Thank you. I saw it a few years ago.
Some provinces scoring more than 10% but they are not the majority. My bad.

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Sorry Daven.
My bad.
8% native for Cuba.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Yeah I meant that most of the killings of Amerindians were committed by post-independence governments, not Spaniards.

Oh.... I see Tooting, I am so sorry....
The question mark confused me. :bounce:

Daven
02-15-2020, 04:34 PM
Coño! I am sorry for that doble post. I'm currently posting from my phone at work haha

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 04:35 PM
Oh.... I see Tooting, I am so sorry....
The question mark confused me. :bounce:

From my understanding, Argentina in colonial times was largely ignored and underpopulated (whether by Europeans or Amerindians), hence why post-colonial governments were so keen to encourage European immigration in order to fill the country up. (Even today, Argentina ranks as one of the most sparsely-populated countries on Earth).

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:36 PM

But you are not wrong at all.
Esstern provinces score substantially more.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:39 PM
From my understanding, Argentina in colonial times was largely ignored and underpopulated (whether by Europeans or Amerindians), hence why post-colonial governments were so keen to encourage European immigration in order to fill the country up. (Even today, Argentina ranks as one of the most sparsely-populated countries on Earth).

Exactly Tooting.
45 millions in 2.700.000 km2 is NOTHING.
An extremely unpopulated country.
For that reason I can't find the reason why it's a failure country in all senses....

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Exactly Tooting.
45 millions in 2.700.000 km2 is NOTHING.
An extremely unpopulated country.
For that reason I can't find the reason why it's a failure country in all senses....

The one big question is: what happened to Argentina's Black population, and how big was it in the first place? Because it is said that Tango was at least partly of Black origins.

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 04:45 PM

Is it really so disastrous though? Its literacy rate and life expectancy are not much different to most 'developed' countries, crime is still low by the standards of the Americas, the country still attracts immigrants from Europe, East Asia and elsewhere in South America...

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 04:47 PM

You are right in that sense.
But when Argentina became a country the population was very sparse and only important in the cities.
Even in the center-east.
Virreinato del Río de la Plata was the less important.
The Capitanía General de Chile was a subsidiary territory of the Vice-Royalty with a big military presence because the area was constantly attacked by the mapuches.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 05:00 PM
The one big question is: what happened to Argentina's Black population, and how big was it in the first place? Because it is said that Tango was at least partly of Black origins.

There is said that 40% of Buenos Aires population was black in colonial times.
And in some areas more than 80%.
But unhappily most of them died because they were sended in first line of the independence war.
And many others died by yellow fever.
The "black" issue is a very sad part of the national history.
And the élite governments tried to avoid and to forgot that important part of our history.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 05:02 PM
Is it really so disastrous though? Its literacy rate and life expectancy are not much different to most 'developed' countries, crime is still low by the standards of the Americas, the country still attracts immigrants from Europe, East Asia and elsewhere in South America...

Well... ok, but if we compare it with the second stage of the peronism ('70s) is far worse now.
And incredibly worse than in the '90s...

Tooting Carmen
02-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Well... ok, but if we compare it with the second stage of the peronism ('70s) is far worse now.
And incredibly worse than in the '90s...

Well wasn't it the very 'reforms' of the junta and later on Menem that made Argentina so unstable and turned it into a Ponzi scheme in the first place?

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Well wasn't it the very 'reforms' of the junta and later on Menem that made Argentina so unstable and turned it into a Ponzi scheme in the first place?

Absolutely true!!

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Colombia is so tricky cause it’s full of contrasts, between trying to decide either to put the fact that they have a region that is predominantly Afro(the Pacific coast) and the Triracial Caribbean coast or just sum up the national average only makes me think they should be either in the same category as Puerto Rico and Venezuela or Nicaragua and Costa Rica

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 05:21 PM
I didn’t your the one that mentioned the Argentina of yesteryears in 1816, all I said was Argentina had an Atlantic coast and that made it easier for Europeans to reach its coasts

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 05:31 PM
I didn’t your the one that mentioned the Argentina of yesteryears in 1816, all I said was Argentina had an Atlantic coast and that made it easier for Europeans to reach its coasts

Agree.
But the area was strongly unpopulated and most people were very mixed.
What made Argentina a country of pred +80% Euro population by genetics right now were the huge immigration waves of italians and spaniards mainly and followed by french, german, irish, middle easterns, jews, poles, russians, etc., etc.

Thetruth
02-15-2020, 05:44 PM
I’m still dead laughing people choose Chile over Puerto Rico/Venezuela on that poll when Puerto Rico/Venezuela is way more European on average, also considering TA regularly posts studies daily, people are so baised in TA they choose Chile over PR

perikolez
02-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Agree.
But the area was strongly unpopulated and most people were very mixed.
What made Argentina a country of pred +80% Euro population by genetics right now were the huge immigration waves of italians and spaniards mainly and followed by french, german, irish, middle easterns, jews, poles, russians, etc., etc.

But Argentina without european inmigrants would also be genetically between the most european latinamerican countries. Argentinean provinces populated predominantly by colonial population are genetically around 50-60% european which is more european than most of latinamerican countries.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 06:06 PM
I voted Cuba.
In my humble opinion there is the clear 3rd place...

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 06:07 PM
But Argentina without european inmigrants would also be genetically between the most european latinamerican countries. Argentinean provinces populated predominantly by colonial population are genetically around 50-60% european which is more european than most of latinamerican countries.

As I mentioned.
It would be harnizo on average.
It's exactly what you said.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 06:23 PM
Perikolez: Argentina sin la gran inmigración sería similar a Paraguay o Costa Rica.
Claro, que estaría entre los más europeos pero la diferencia con lo que es ahora existe.

samario
02-15-2020, 07:10 PM

Some were sent up to the north to harvest the sugarcane fields. In provinces like Santiago del Estero, there's a noticeable SSA admixture.

Some others were first in line to fight the Paraguayan army during the Triple Alliance War.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 07:20 PM
Some others were first in line to fight the Paraguayan army during the Triple Alliance War.

Así es, en especial los ejércitos del Norte en la independencia y la Guerra de la Triple Alianza (1864-1870) fueron una carniceria para los pobres negros que eran mandados en primera fila.
Lo de los negros es un tremendo lunar en la historia de estas tierras así como la Triple Alianza en si también.

Duffmannn
02-15-2020, 08:16 PM

El Tango era el baile con el que se entretenían en los burdeles con las putas antes de entrar en faena, no sé que relación tendrá eso con los negros...

Desaparecieron por una política deliberada del gobierno argentino para acabar con ellos:

1. Muchos murieron como soldados en la Guerra de la Triple Alianza.

2. Muchos murieron en una epidemia de cólera en Buenos Aires que se cebó con sus barrios.

3. Otros fueron masacrados durante una guerra civil-golpe de estado por apoyar a Rosas (que perdió), los supervivientes marcharon a Uruguay.

Hoy en día la proporción de sangre negra en el promedio genético de la Argentina alcanza a duras penas el 1%, solo supera esa cantidad entre ciertos coloniales de regiones del interior.

Erronkari
02-15-2020, 08:18 PM
El Tango era el baile con el que se entretenían en los burdeles con las putas antes de entrar en faena, no sé que relación tendrá eso con los negros...

Desaparecieron por una política deliberada del gobierno argentino para acabar con ellos:

1. Muchos murieron como soldados en la Guerra de la Triple Alianza.

2. Muchos murieron en una epidemia de cólera en Buenos Aires que se cebó con sus barrios.

3. Otros fueron masacrados durante una guerra civil-golpe de estado por apoyar a Rosas (que perdió), los supervivientes marcharon a Uruguay.

Hoy en día la proporción de sangre negra en el promedio genético de la Argentina alcanza a duras penas el 1%, solo supera esa cantidad entre ciertos coloniales de regiones del interior.

Olvidaba lo de Rosas.
Bien por mencionarlo.
Además del cólera hubo epidemias de fiebre amarilla que los mató.