PDA

View Full Version : Hungarians and Slovaks

Albion
03-03-2011, 09:28 AM
I keep hearing a bit about Slovaks and Hungarians supposedly disliking each other. I know of the Hungarian populated areas which are today part of Slovakia but I've also read comments from Hungarians claiming all of Slovakia is Hungarian and that Slovaks are Slavicized Hungarians.

So how much of that is true and what is the relation between the two peoples and countries?

Lithium
03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't know much about the Slovaks. My father was in Slovakia before few months and his views on the Slovaks were very positive. Even in one pub the people were listening Bulgarian folk music ;O

Марко Краљевић
03-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Hungarians came and settled Pannonia plain in 9th century instead of Avars who were as nomadic non christian tribe exterminated by Charlemagne and Franks. Some Hungarians are of Avar origin. Also in Pannonia there were Slavs as well. Their descendants are nowadays Slovaks. Till 1918 Slovaks were part of Hungarian domain. Since both nations are majority Catholic, in the middle ages Catholic Church has seen Hungary as beacon of Catholicism in the east, thus supported Hungarian interests over other Catholic nations in the region - the Hungarization of Slovaks. Therefore, the major animosity between those two nations.

Harcos
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
After being on the losing side of war which Hungary had no choice in entering, Hungary's historical territory was decimated as a result of the Treaty of Trianon. The new borders were not drawn along linguistic or ethnic boundaries.

Finalised deceitfully by the Allies at Trianon, without the presence of a single Hungarian leader, the borders were drawn to the disadvantage of the ethnic Magyars, severing milions from their motherland.

Trianon left a huge number of Magyars in Slovakia, roughly thirty percent of Slovakia spoke Magyar, mostly situated in the south. Trianon/Versailles denied self-determination to these people and today is no different. The Benes decrees are still in force in Slovakia. Magyars are treated as second class citizens, Hungarian language and culture is either restricted or outright banned. Out of the three little entente nations, Slovakia is the most cruel towards her Magyar minority.

http://i52.tinypic.com/fvh6ip.gif

We were allowed to reannex roughly a third of Slovakia following the first Vienna Awared, populated by 84% Magyars, but were unrightfully given back to Slovakia after the war.

Ideally I want all of Slovakia reunited with Hungary, but due to chauvinism from both sides I don't see it happening in our lifetime. What we must focus on is the liberation of the Magyars in Slovakia, there are still roughly 500 000 Magyars in Slovakia today and there is no excuse as to why these people shouldn't be given the right of self-determination and the option of a plebiscite.

Trianon must be re-evalued and revised to be more equitable to Magyars, and drawn along lingusitic and ethnic boundaries, and autonomy be given to Magyar areas not contiguous to Hungary, such as Székelyföld. Magyars in in those areas deserve as much right of self-determination and freedom as do Slovaks, Vlachs, Serbs...

''May the memory of the Hungarian nation live in our souls, because we did not suffer as much during the thousand years of Hungarian rule as we did during six years of Czech rule'' - Father Andrej Hlinka, leader of the Slovak People's Party in 1925.

In spite of this, I generally do like our northern neighbours.

Anna
03-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Interesting that you posted this....I just ran into two Hungarian-Americans last week, on separate occasions, that thought it was necessary to remind me that Slovakia was once part of Hungary, within this first 30 seconds of meeting them.

When I was in Hungary though, the people were really sweet. I experienced no rudeness.

poiuytrewq0987
03-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Simple solution: have the Hungarians in Slovakia move to Hungary. Problem solved.

Magister Eckhart
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
There is a difference between the views of Slovaks and the views of Slovakia, but the Hungarian nationalists I've met don't care too much for Slovakia at all, having lost a large swathe of territory to the newly created state that was historically Hungarian. As for those I've encountered in this country, old Slovaks essentially spit acid when you mention Hungarians, and Hungarians (like the ethnic Germans) tend to despise Slovaks and Poles. Though I have to say that's among the old immigrant populations, and the people I've met from the modern states of Hungary and Slovakia seem a little more mixed-- probably owing to leftist influence and a decline in nationalism in both states.

Harcos
03-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Simple solution: have the Hungarians in Slovakia move to Hungary. Problem solved.

Sure, why don't we have the Serbs in Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and Kosovo move to Serbia aswell then?

There is a difference between the views of Slovaks and the views of Slovakia, but the Hungarian nationalists I've met don't care too much for Slovakia at all, having lost a large swathe of territory to the newly created state that was historically Hungarian. As for those I've encountered in this country, old Slovaks essentially spit acid when you mention Hungarians, and Hungarians (like the ethnic Germans) tend to despise Slovaks and Poles. Though I have to say that's among the old immigrant populations, and the people I've met from the modern states of Hungary and Slovakia seem a little more mixed-- probably owing to leftist influence and a decline in nationalism in both states.

It is definately a big hole in our heart to see our historical territory outside of our nation... We lost 72% of our territory and three milion, or a third of all Magyars were sperated from their motherland following this treaty. This treaty was not aimed at granting freedom to our minorities, but to humiliate our great nation in the most shameful way. June 4 1920 was the most devastating day in our nations existence after Mohács. This affected not just Magyars, but all people who have contributed and died for this land over the milennia.

Slovakia's history starts in 1918 when the Czechs, in violation of the armistice, invaded and annexed northern Hungary and first got it's ultimate independence in 1993. It is a young nation.

'Slovakia' has been part of Hungary since the 9th century and been called Upper Hungary since. Prior to that it used to be part of the Hun and Avar empires (5-8th century AD ), Slavs first started to settle 'Slovakia' during the reign of the latter. The Slovaks have had a close historical, cultural and ethnic ties with us, as we've been part of the same nation over a milennia. This revisionist phobia against each other, this fragmentation serves no one but the Jew.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1eqpn5.jpg

No plebiscite was given in any of these territories. Excpet for in Sopron, in spite of it's German majority, the people decided to remain in Hungary. If plebiscites would of been given elsewhere, Magyar populated or not, we would have seen similiar results therefore plebiscites weren't allowed.

''The reason why elections could not be held in the occupied territory of Felvidék ( Hungarian Highlands ) was that Czechoslovakia would not have come into existence after the population would of voted against it'' - André Tardieu

''We had to chose between a direct vote by the people, or the creation of Czechoslovakia'' - Masaryk.

Norbert
03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Being predominantly Slavic myself, I view the Slovaks as my kinfolk... unfortunately though, I've never met any genuine Slovaks or even people of Slovak descent, so I cannot say much about them. Certainly a beautiful country though.

Марко Краљевић
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Slovaks in Serbia:

http://www.seecult.org/files/Slovacke-svecanosti.jpg

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/institute/gallery/jarmok_2.jpg

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/institute/gallery/jarmok_9.jpg

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/institute/gallery/jarmok_12.jpg

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/news/2010/12/1._miesto_Vesna_Krajciova_Dobanovce.jpg

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/news/2010/12/1_klobuk_ako_inspiracia_-_modna_prehliadka.JPG

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/news/2010/12/2_klobuk_ako_literarna_inspiracia.JPG

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/news/2010/12/5_a_na_zaver_-_darcek_z_klobuka.JPG

http://www.slovackizavod.org.rs/files/media/images/news/2011/02/AERD1.JPG

hajduk
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Positive

Magister Eckhart
03-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Sure, why don't we have the Serbs in Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and Kosovo move to Serbia aswell then?

It is definately a big hole in our heart to see our historical territory outside of our nation... We lost 72% of our territory and three milion, or a third of all Magyars were sperated from their motherland following this treaty. This treaty was not aimed at granting freedom to our minorities, but to humiliate our great nation in the most shameful way. June 4 1920 was the most devastating day in our nations existence after Mohács. This affected not just Magyars, but all people who have contributed and died for this land over the milennia.

Slovakia's history starts in 1918 when the Czechs, in violation of the armistice, invaded and annexed northern Hungary and first got it's ultimate independence in 1993. It is a young nation.

'Slovakia' has been part of Hungary since the 9th century and been called Upper Hungary since. Prior to that it used to be part of the Hun and Avar empires (5-8th century AD ), Slavs first started to settle 'Slovakia' during the reign of the latter. The Slovaks have had a close historical, cultural and ethnic ties with us, as we've been part of the same nation over a milennia. This revisionist phobia against each other, this fragmentation serves no one but the Jew.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1eqpn5.jpg

No plebiscite was given in any of these territories. Excpet for in Sopron, in spite of it's German majority, the people decided to remain in Hungary. If plebiscites would of been given elsewhere, Magyar populated or not, we would have seen similiar results therefore plebiscites weren't allowed.

''The reason why elections could not be held in the occupied territory of Felvidék ( Hungarian Highlands ) was that Czechoslovakia would not have come into existence after the population would of voted against it'' - André Tardieu

''We had to chose between a direct vote by the people, or the creation of Czechoslovakia'' - Masaryk.

Really if you want my honest opinion, the whole notion of a Czecho-slovak nation is illegitimate. Much like the Polish state, it's an arbitrary invention of Anglo-American liberals with little to no knowledge or interest in the history of the region.

There were never enough Czechs or Slovaks anywhere to justify giving them their own state-- in Bohemia, it was predominately German and in Felvidék Hungarian. Neither Slovaks nor Czechs deserved more than half of the territory they were rewarded by ignorant liberals in Britain, France, and America, it took another world war for the liberal powers to force the unjust treaty down the throats of Hungarians and Germans alike. It would have made some sense to perhaps give Moravia its own state (here there was a majority Czech population) and perhaps split Felvidék, but to give the entire thing away is just absurd, and the reasoning was entirely economic, not ethnic at all. Germans were forcibly separated from Germany and Hungarians from Hungary because the liberals felt that the new Czecho-slovak state would be at a disadvantage if they did not give them these huge swathes of territory that were not theirs to give, which itself completely invalidates their vapid excuse of "ethnic self-determination".

But that's from someone who isn't an ethnic Magyar.

Guapo
03-07-2011, 01:18 AM
How many Hungarians have Slovak ancestry like the famous Lajos Kossuth...

Hess
03-07-2011, 01:43 AM
I confess that i have never consciously met a Slovak. However, i grew up in Moscow so there is a slight possibility that i have seen them before.

Guapo
03-07-2011, 03:13 AM
how about subconsciously?

Harcos
03-07-2011, 03:48 AM

How many Serbs have Turkish ancestry?

Magister Eckhart
03-07-2011, 08:34 AM
How many Serbs have Turkish ancestry?

That's not really a fair response here -- Kossuth was well known to be minimally Magyar by blood, even though he took up the Magyar cause; it distinguishes him from actual Magyars like Deak, Szechenyi, and other nobleman-nationalists, and actually speaks to the good relations and positive feelings felt between Hungarians and Slovaks historically, even if such relations were soured in the 20th century.

Besides the analogy it a little inaccurate; it might be better if you wanted a sarcastic quip to ask "how many Serbs have Albanian ancestry", since Slovaks never ruled over Hungary the way the Turks ruled Serbia.

Albion
03-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Ideally I want all of Slovakia reunited with Hungary, but due to chauvinism from both sides I don't see it happening in our lifetime. What we must focus on is the liberation of the Magyars in Slovakia, there are still roughly 500 000 Magyars in Slovakia today and there is no excuse as to why these people shouldn't be given the right of self-determination and the option of a plebiscite.

Magyars in in those areas deserve as much right of self-determination and freedom as do Slovaks, Vlachs, Serbs...

Yes, I agree the Magyars have a right to self determination and that majority Magyar areas which are contingous with Hungary could be annexed by it.
But why incorporate all of Slovakia into Hungary? Wouldn't this go against the whole self-determination part?
Personally I'd rather see Slovakia remain independent but the majority Magyar areas contingous with Hungary join Hungary.

newly created state that was historically Hungarian.

The nation didn't exist but the ethnicity and the Slavic tribe did.

Slavs first started to settle 'Slovakia' during the reign of the latter. The Slovaks have had a close historical, cultural and ethnic ties with us, as we've been part of the same nation over a milennia. This revisionist phobia against each other, this fragmentation serves no one but the Jew.

Maybe my Slovak / Hungarian history is a little rusty, but didn't the Slavs move southwards including into Pannonia before the Magyars even arrived there? Surely it must be that the Magyars simply absorbed or booted out the previous Slavic inhabitants.

There were never enough Czechs or Slovaks anywhere to justify giving them their own state-- in Bohemia, it was predominately German

Large areas of it were German but much of the territory of Czechia was indeed Czech. Besides, the Germans have been encrouching on Slavic territory for centuries (although much of it was East Germanic before the Slavic migrations).

Felvidék Hungarian.

The lowlands perhaps and the areas which continue from the Pannonian plain.

The first ethic data of whole Hungarian Kingdom by county was published in 1842. According to this survey the total population of the counties in Upper Hungary exceeded 2.4 million, with the following ethnic distribution: 59.5 % Slovaks, 22 % Magyars, 8.3 % Ruthenians, 6.7 % Germans and 3.6 % Jews.

Neither Slovaks nor Czechs deserved more than half of the territory they were rewarded by ignorant liberals in Britain, France, and America, it took another world war for the liberal powers to force the unjust treaty down the throats of Hungarians and Germans alike. It would have made some sense to perhaps give Moravia its own state (here there was a majority Czech population) and perhaps split Felvidék, but to give the entire thing away is just absurd, and the reasoning was entirely economic, not ethnic at all.

I agree that the borders could have been better drawn, instead Germans were expelled from Czechoslovakia when the borders should have been drawn in such a way as to include them with Germany.
Its the same with Slovakia, the borders could have been a bit more precise - well a lot but I hardly think Hungary should have kept the whole of Slovakia.

mymy
03-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Positive about both nations. Good experiences.

Cern
02-16-2013, 06:19 AM

Novodomszky Éva.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rz8mja.jpg

Mans not hot
02-16-2013, 08:54 AM
HUNGarians are Magyarised Slovaks, bitches.

RussiaPrussia
02-16-2013, 09:03 AM
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD/countries/HU-CZ-SK?display=graph

huangarians are just jelly that they are not so successful like slovaks and czechs.

Szegedist
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
HUNGarians are Magyarised Slovaks, bitches.

And you are some Polonized Romanian or Polonized Slovak, or maybe some inbred, but definitely not a true Pole.

Szegedist
02-17-2013, 10:55 AM
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD/countries/HU-CZ-SK?display=graph

huangarians are just jelly that they are not so successful like slovaks and czechs.

Is what why Czechs and Slovaks were our bitches, but never the other way round?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Hungary_1480.jpg

Where was this "Slovakia" before 1993 lololol

Cern
02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
And you are some Polonized Romanian or Polonized Slovak, or maybe some inbred, but definitely not a true Pole.

You do not see that the poor guys have some missing screws?:)

Szegedist
02-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Slovaks are to us, what Basques, Catalans are to Spaniards, what the Welsh are to the English.

I have no issue with the average Slovak, I do despise their nationalists/ anti-Hungarians, Pan-Slavists, etc.
I also am against the existence of a Slovak state. Slovakia occupies the territory of Northern Highlands.
There is simply no such thing as a Slovak, the correct name is tót. Even on Ottoman censuses they were listed as "Northern Hungarians"

Historically, we have lived in peace with each other, but then it all went to hell after the Habsburgs arrived. We should be one country again.

Hevo
02-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Hungarians are slavs in denial deal with it.

Szegedist
02-17-2013, 07:09 PM

Are you done trolling?
PS, neither culturally, linguistically or mentally are we Slavic.

Cern
02-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Slovaks are to us, what Basques, Catalans are to Spaniards, what the Welsh are to the English.

I have no issue with the average Slovak, I do despise their nationalists/ anti-Hungarians, Pan-Slavists, etc.
I also am against the existence of a Slovak state. Slovakia occupies the territory of Northern Highlands.
There is simply no such thing as a Slovak, the correct name is tót. Even on Ottoman censuses they were listed as "Northern Hungarians"

Historically, we have lived in peace with each other, but then it all went to hell after the Habsburgs arrived. We should be one country again.

All peoples have the right of self-determination.

Szegedist
02-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Do you then support a Gypsy autonomous region in Borsod?

Corvus
02-17-2013, 07:23 PM

Hungarians are Hungarians. They have some Slavic influence but so have Austrians.
Dare to tell a nationalist Austrian he/she is Slavic and you can expect an outburst. Same with Hungarians

Szegedist
02-17-2013, 07:29 PM

I think more like a Swiss canton type system. I think that is what we would have ended up anyway, if we won in 1849

Cern
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
I think more like a Swiss canton type system. I think that is what we would have ended up anyway, if we won in 1849

Austro-Hungarian monarchy, He broke a lot of ethnic conflicts.
This would be the fate of the historical Hungary.

Szegedist
03-14-2013, 12:19 AM
The Hungarian Slovak hatred us a very new phenomenon.

The Slovaks were always our allies. They supported us in the 1703–1711 war of independence, there were Slovak Kuruc commanders, in the 1848 war of independence there were Slovaks fighting against us, but there were also many Slovaks fighting on our side.

The Slovaks and also Rusyns have been some of our best friends and allies. Hungarians and Slovaks have lived together and fought together side by side for centuries. But this all went to hell after the Habsburgs played ethnicity against each other, and the rise of ethnonationalism, also combined with brainwashing, mainly from the Czechs, then communists, etc and today we are in today's situation. They do not trust us, and we do not trust them. Their head is full of air about some invented history of theirs, so called "Great" Moravia and anti-Hungarian chauvinism.

Mans not hot
03-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Hungarians are Hungarians. They have some Slavic influence but so have Austrians.
Dare to tell a nationalist Austrian he/she is Slavic and you can expect an outburst. Same with Hungarians
How would Hungarians feel if I say to them that both Hungarians and Turks come from the same ancestors (Mi mind Attila gyermekei vagyunk)? I think Hungarians should be proud of their Slavic roots rather than their Turkic ancestors because they have a lot of Slavic influence more than their Turkic influence.

Hevo
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM

The Slavic admixture is higher in Hungarians than in Austrians. It was a joke tough...

Corvus
03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
The Slavic admixture is higher in Hungarians than in Austrians. It was a joke tough...

No it is at least equal. I will check Eupedia to confirm it. Hungarians identity is based on history. Sometimes genetics are not the essential thing.

Hevo
03-14-2013, 10:23 AM
No it is at least equal. I will check Eupedia to confirm it. Hungarians identity is based on history. Sometimes genetics are not the essential thing.

Yes, that's true. Hungary has a very rich history and i respect them.;)

Szegedist
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
How would Hungarians feel if I say to them that both Hungarians and Turks come from the same ancestors (Mi mind Attila gyermekei vagyunk)?
Many would be fine with it, others at best would not be as offended as if they were called Slavic. (not that there is anything wrong with being Slavic). Like Corvus said above, tell us we are Slavic and expect a Karl-eqsue lecture.

I think Hungarians should be proud of their Slavic roots rather than their Turkic ancestors because they have a lot of Slavic influence more than their Turkic influence.

I think you should be proud of your Lithuanian&German roots :thumb001:

We are not Slavs, weren't Slavs and will not be Slavs and do not want to be Slavs. How many times do I need to repeat that on this forum?

Mans not hot
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Many would be fine with it, others at best would not be as offended as if they were called Slavic. (not that there is anything wrong with being Slavic). Like Corvus said above, tell us we are Slavic and expect a Karl-eqsue lecture.
So, you prefer to stick with Turkic people than Slavic prefer, that's cool.

I think you should be proud of your Lithuanian&German roots :thumb001:

Poles don't have Lithuanian and German roots. Poles are Slavic to the core.

We are not Slavs, weren't Slavs and will not be Slavs and do not want to be Slavs. How many times do I need to repeat that on this forum?
Hungarians are maygarised Slavs/Slovaks.

Szegedist
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
So, you prefer to stick with Turkic people than Slavic prefer, that's cool.
Not exactly no. Some of our favourite people are some Slavic countries.

Sure :laugh: 100% Slavic with no admixes.

Hungarians are maygarised Slavs/Slovaks.
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Trollface_HD.png/618px-Trollface_HD.png

Mans not hot
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Sure :laugh: 100% Slavic with no admixes.
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26424974.jpg

Szegedist
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
XtraXavier do you enjoy trolling Hungarians? Is this the new pan-Slavic craze in your country?

Mans not hot
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Btw, szegedist, do you happen to be old banned TA member called Magyarcossack/hungaryan?

Géza
03-17-2013, 07:33 PM

Poland had have a very large German input in the last thousand year. This country was a very rare inhabitated land what have soaked up many immigrant from the overpopulated West. The northern part of nowadays Poland was not Slavic or Germanic. It was inhabitated by the Baltic Old-Prussian tribes. This area have colonized by both the Slavs and Germans. The Urheimat of the Slavs was Southerner in nowadays SE Poland. The Panslavic ideology is just a same pseudo-scientific crap like as the Pan-Germanic stories about "Magna Germania" from the Rhein to the Memel and the Turanist myth about the Hun's Euro-Asian Empire. Grow up, people!

Stears
03-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Do not forget, that Hungarians are lighter pigmented, genetically more european than balkan people. Culturally we are more european, due to the catholic-protestant western culture.

Hungarians came and settled Pannonia plain in 9th century instead of Avars who were as nomadic non christian tribe exterminated by Charlemagne and Franks. Some Hungarians are of Avar origin. Also in Pannonia there were Slavs as well. Their descendants are nowadays Slovaks. Till 1918 Slovaks were part of Hungarian domain. Since both nations are majority Catholic, in the middle ages Catholic Church has seen Hungary as beacon of Catholicism in the east, thus supported Hungarian interests over other Catholic nations in the region - the Hungarization of Slovaks. Therefore, the major animosity between those two nations.

Szegedist
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
We often get accused of being the chauvinists, instigators of tensions between Slovaks. I will show you Slovaks among other Slovaks.

This is Greater Slovakia
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/563840_542438022475468_1915178611_n.jpg

And examples of Slovak chauvinism
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151085392811837&set=pb.105028701836.-2207520000.1367163602.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-frc3%2F293777_10151085392811837_68741998_n.jpg&size=580%2C322

"skoda", ze ludia, ktori na juznom Slovensku hovoria po madarsky maju so starymi Madarmi tak pramalo spolocne...
(Shame, that people who in South Slovakia speak Hungarian, have absolutely little to do with old Hungarians)

And propped up by some Serb
" Do not wait any moment longer ! You must react NOW and broke lagges and arms to those hungarian busteds!!"

jak mohol pan boh, dat takuto krasnu krajinu tak skaredym ludom
(How could God give such a beautiful country to such ugly people [referring to Hungarians and Hungary]

And another Serb

Растислав Сабо: čo si už tu dovoluju,treba na nich polovať,tak ako to robia už v Rumunsku a v Srbsku. a v niektorých obciach na západe Rakuska.:

"How dare they, they need to be shot/hunted, like they are doing to them in Romania, Serbia and in some villages in Austria"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151027116556837&set=pb.105028701836.-2207520000.1367164236.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-frc1%2F303524_10151027116556837_822138526_n.jpg&size=804%2C645

"50 percent madarov majú slovanské gény, ale iba 5 percent majú pôvodné ugorské čo znamená že madari ako národ prakticky ani neexistujú"
"50% of Hungarians have Slavic genes, and only 5% have original Ugric genes, this means that Hungarians as a nation practically do not exist."

(Note: this rhetoric something very common)

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. These are our belowed neigbours talking about us in their own circles. So next time you say "Oh Hungarians are provoking again", think twice!

Szegedist
04-28-2013, 04:24 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151325485396837&set=pb.105028701836.-2207520000.1367165867.&type=3&theater

Pavol Privalinec:
Slováci majú takú históriu o akej sa Madarom ani nesnívalo.
Slovaks have such history, that Hungarians can only dream of.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Martin Mokoš:
"madari nikdy nevyhrali ani jednu jedinu bitku a ak naozaj volakedy zil nejaky ten "stary madar" tak zomrel v 13 storoci"
"Hungarians never won a single battle, and if sometimes there really was some "old Hungarian", then they died in the 13th century"

Ladislav Kováčik : "Najväčší Slovania sú Slováci a Slovinci... a ešte Maďari."
The biggest Slavs are Slovaks and Slovenes.. and also Hungarians.

Viktor Sabo: Maďarska populácia je Slovenská!!!! To som vždy tvrdil !!!!"
"Hungarian population is Slovak! I always cl
Sabo = Slovakfied Szabó,

Off course, these are the same people Géza sees as our brothers..

Windischer
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
why do you even care what some brainless zeros and losers with say (or paint, in case of "maps")

dont be like them :picard1:

Szegedist
04-28-2013, 05:04 PM
why do you even care what some zeros and losers say (or paint, in case of "maps")

I don't, I am just saying, people always say Hungarians are the bad ones, who always cause trouble and chauvinism against neigbours. I am just showing, that this is not true at all.

Mans not hot
04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
why do you even care what some brainless zeros and losers with say (or paint, in case of "maps")

Says the Slovak who thanked Geza's post (who is surprisingly Hungarian). :picard1:

arcticwolf
04-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Poland had have a very large German input in the last thousand year. This country was a very rare inhabitated land what have soaked up many immigrant from the overpopulated West. The northern part of nowadays Poland was not Slavic or Germanic. It was inhabitated by the Baltic Old-Prussian tribes. This area have colonized by both the Slavs and Germans. The Urheimat of the Slavs was Southerner in nowadays SE Poland. The Panslavic ideology is just a same pseudo-scientific crap like as the Pan-Germanic stories about "Magna Germania" from the Rhein to the Memel and the Turanist myth about the Hun's Euro-Asian Empire. Grow up, people!

I think you GREATLY overstate the intermixing of Poles and Germans, it just never happened contrary to the urban legend. The Polish/German marriage is as popular as being drawn in all direction by four horses.

Those two groups are not too fond of each other. I seriously doubt it was ever in an excess of a fraction of percentage at any time during the history.

With the Balts it is a different story, yes we are intermixed and it shows in our phenotypes, there is no denying it. Our R1b component is at least as much from Celtic input as it is from Germanic one, and for the most part is ancient, I would have guessed, but I'm not keen on that shit too much.

You people need other hobbies, too much internet is doing a number on your perception of reality, go outside and try real world for a while, you may surprise yourself and like it, it's not as scary as you think! :laugh:

Windischer
04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Says the Slovak who thanked Geza's post (who is surprisingly Hungarian). :picard1:

hm. i think you misread something
i have nothing against hungarians nor against any other people, i just dont like dumb chauvinistic blabber and i also dont like when people overreact on that.
gezas post was neither of those

ta ket sceš bic mocno beśedľivi, ta znaj že toten sersam ci do hlavi ňe na paradu, aľe na chasen dany bul. ;)

edit: my "slovakness" is debatable

Sierra
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
We often get accused of being the chauvinists, instigators of tensions between Slovaks. I will show you Slovaks among other Slovaks.I must say comments like those don't really surprise me given the events that have been happening between Slovakia and Hungary in recent years (like, for instance, the issue of the dual citizenship (http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/46258/2/citizenship_issues_vex_slovak_hungarian_ties.html) , or the denial of entry to Slovakia for the Hungarian president (http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/36337/2/hungarian_president_denied_entry_to_slovakia.html) ), which I think were mostly triggered by Hungary. The thing is, as it seems to me, Slovaks generally don't have problems with Hungary or Hungarians, it's rather the other way around. I don't think I've ever noticed any real serious antipathy or bad treatment of Hungarians in Slovakia. Even if there might be some people who would occasionally say something unpleasant about Hungarians, their opinions and attitudes aren't necessarily representative of the majority of Slovak citizens.

Szegedist
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Slovaks have little reason these days to dislike us, those who hate us hate us simply because we exist.

We on the other hand, have reason to dislike Slovakia.

Sierra
04-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Slovaks have little reason these days to dislike us, those who hate us hate us simply because we exist.Sure, one just has to love Hungary and its people. What's there not to like? Especially after reading comments like these (btw, made by you in this thread):

I also am against the existence of a Slovak state. Slovakia occupies the territory of Northern Highlands.There is simply no such thing as a Slovak, the correct name is tót.
We should be one country again.Obviously, Slovaks have "little reason" to dislike you.

Mans not hot
04-28-2013, 09:14 PM
I must say comments like those don't really surprise me given the events that have been happening between Slovakia and Hungary in recent years (like, for instance, the issue of the dual citizenship (http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/46258/2/citizenship_issues_vex_slovak_hungarian_ties.html) , or the denial of entry to Slovakia for the Hungarian president (http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/36337/2/hungarian_president_denied_entry_to_slovakia.html) ), which I think were mostly triggered by Hungary. The thing is, as it seems to me, Slovaks generally don't have problems with Hungary or Hungarians, it's rather the other way around. I don't think I've ever noticed any real serious antipathy or bad treatment of Hungarians in Slovakia. Even if there might be some people who would occasionally say something unpleasant about Hungarians, their opinions and attitudes aren't necessarily representative of the majority of Slovak citizens.
Svatoslava? :wave:

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Sure, one just has to love Hungary and its people. What's there not to like? Especially after reading comments like these (btw, made by you in this thread):

Obviously, Slovaks have "little reason" to dislike you.
When has a Hungarian politician ever insulted Slovaks or Slovakia? Never, but I give you many quotes from your side..

Sierra, like I said before on this thread, the Slovak-Hungarian dislike is not necessary, however you give us no choice. Before, we were one nation, two languages, but you bought the propaganda of Bohemian chauvinists hook line and sinker, and turned against us.

And yes, I am against the existence of pariah stateless in Europe carved out of other countries, without EU, NATO, Slovakia would find it increasingly difficult to exist as a country, and these things will not exist forever.

Sierra
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
without EU, NATO, Slovakia would find it increasingly difficult to exist as a country, and these things will not exist forever.You make me laugh ;););)

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 02:08 PM
You make me laugh ;););)

The young Hitler's creation experiment called independent Slovakia makes me laugh too ;)

Mans not hot
04-29-2013, 02:32 PM
You make me laugh ;););)
Hungarians and their fairy tale. :laugh:

Corvus
04-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Finally Slovakia versus Hungary, long overdue
Szegedist is also happy
:D

Cern
04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
The hungarians did not hate the slovaks. Slovaks hate the hungarians.
Slovakia discriminatory laws, language law, Benes decrees, citizenship law.

Hungarians and Slovaks have been friends a long time ago. Today slovak identity = Hate the hungarians!
I think slovaks are decent people but inferiority complex the historical antecedents.

I regret! Slovaks and hungarians most similarity all neighbours

robar
04-30-2013, 03:53 AM
What? Slovakia shouldn't exist:p

Mans not hot
04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Oh god, another Hunnic.

Sierra
04-30-2013, 02:16 PM
What? Slovakia shouldn't exist:p:cool:

The Apricity Hungarian members all seem to be so desperate :cool:

Cern
04-30-2013, 05:19 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rfq7w8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/30wwlj9.jpg

http://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/slovak-hungarian-relations-a-new-stab-at-reconciliation/

http://www.politics.hu/20130318/slovak-foreign-minister-eyes-compromise-with-hungary-over-benes-decrees/

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 05:30 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rfq7w8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/30wwlj9.jpg
Cern, please don't be silly, that picture means nothing, Fico=Anti-Hungarian. I can show you many pictures of Orbán with Romanian politicians, Israeli politicians, etc.

http://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/slovak-hungarian-relations-a-new-stab-at-reconciliation/

http://www.politics.hu/20130318/slovak-foreign-minister-eyes-compromise-with-hungary-over-benes-decrees/
Hungarianspectrum = pro Gyurcsány, pro Bajnai, read about Eva S. Balogh, Gyurcsány lover who lives in America.
http://hungarianspectrum.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/ferenc-gyurcsanys-state-of-the-nation-speech-2013-part-i/

I will tell you, as a Felvidéki Magyar, that some official "apology" from Fico or whoever will not suffice. In fact, it is an insult, that they think they can get away with a late half assed "apology" that will be "Oops, we are sorry,"

Cern
04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
I will tell you, as a Felvidéki Magyar, that some official "apology" from Fico or whoever will not suffice. In fact, it is an insult, that they think they can get away with a late half assed "apology" that will be "Oops, we are sorry,"

Szegedist you live in Slovakia?

Szegedist
04-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Mi az a "Szlovákia" ???!!

Cern
04-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Mi az a "Szlovákia" ???!!

Azért kérdeztem így, hogy lássák, hogy Felvidéki vagy. :laugh: Így hitelesebb a témába. Mert ez: "Felvidéki Magyar" nem biztos, hogy egyértelmű mindenkinek.

Szegedist
05-03-2013, 09:06 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/551916_348236295228976_551755100_n.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eECDrrYY_OA/T9edKtQBZSI/AAAAAAAAA7g/MLd0wHboErI/s1600/szlovakia-tortenete.jpg
http://tortenelemportal.hu/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nm_borito_03.jpg

A szlovák zászló története
http://aztadom.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/szlov%C3%A1kok.jpg
:rotfl:

In reality this or no game
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Slovakia_borderHungary.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Lu%C4%8Denec_10th_november_1938.jpg

Szegedist
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Town near me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRdAXuP6zPQ

Today sadly about 70% Slovak.

Windischer
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
a sad example of a hysterical chauvinistic maniac
please, stay behind your pc, youll do less harm to this world.

emperor dušan, holding the patriarchal cross, rolls his eyes over your post

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Car_Dušan%2C_Manastir_Lesnovo%2C_XIV_vek.jpg

Szegedist
05-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Verchar you worry about your Rusnak people, and I will worry about my people.

Szegedist
05-06-2013, 02:56 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-t_Rl1sTWTf0/T0jS4XsqSuI/AAAAAAAABb4/TpfXVzWDn78/s1600/Slovakia%2Bcampaign%2Bbillboards%2B2012%2B041.JPG
(We have been protecting our land for 140 years. Orbáns boat is sinking)

http://www.sns.sk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/sused.jpg
Slovaks, dont let yourselves be lied to!
Dual citizenship law is the European problem number 1!
Doesn't it remind you of Yugoslavia, where neigbour fought against neigbour?
Why we must be so stupid?
Cant we avoid conflict?
We dont want tension, we are just saying our worries.
So we can act, while there is still time.

http://www.sns.sk/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dvojobcianstvo.jpg
"So tomorrow we will not be surprised!"
Slovaks, dont let yourselves be lied to!
The new Hungarian goverment, and their dual citizenship law, is the first step to grabbing all Slovaks of Hungarian ethnicity, and begin to realize their well thought out plan!. Slovaks, we must defend ourselves against this!
We are here at home, and our home we must defend!
This is the only way Slovakia will remain ours.

Szegedist
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Since deputy prime minister Robert Fico declared the "wise historism" concept, the history books are getting rewritten in a faster pace than before, and in an increased "spirit of national pride",[120][not in citation given] [121] which Krekovič, Mannová and Krekovičová claim are mainly nothing else, but history falsifications.[121] Such new inventions are the interpretation of Great Moravia as a (proto)-Slovak state, or the term "proto-Slovak" itself,[121] along with the "refreshing" of many "old traditions", that in fact did not exist or were not Slovak before.[121] The concept received criticism in Slovakia pointing out that the term proto-Slovak cannot be found in any serious publication, simply because it lacks any scientific basis.[122] Miroslav Kusý Slovak political scientist explained that by adopting such scientificly questionable rhetoric Fico aims to "strengthen national consciousness by falsification of history".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovakization#.22Wise_historism.22

Sierra
05-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Szegedist = Huszár :blink:

You speak Slovak, don't you? :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 04:42 PM
http://kuruc.info/i/480/egyeb%2Fgerillafelvidek135701.jpg
http://kuruc.info/galeriaN/egyeb/gerillafelvidek135705.jpg
http://kuruc.info/galeriaN/egyeb/gerillafelvidek135703.jpg
http://kuruc.info/galeriaN/egyeb/gerillafelvidek135702.jpg

http://kuruc.info/r/3/111799/

:laugh:

Sierra
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
From the billboards in the pics:

"Keď chcete naše peniaze, oslovte nás aj po maďarsky!" = "If you want our money, address us in Hungarian, too!"

So Hungarian speakers in Komárno think that somebody wants their money - obviously they must be the only people in Slovakia.

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Maybe they're making reference to the taxes and charges beign imposed on them while not being allowed to speak their language.

Slovakia has behaved very criminally with its Hungarian minority, no wonder why they're pissed.

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:13 PM
First of all I don't know what is Komárno, do you mean Komárom ?

Secondly, Komárom has a Hungarian majority, therefore it is illogical for there to be signs in Slovak only (which make up minority in the town).

So they are correct, if they want the money of the majority, then they can start addressing the Hungarians there in Hungarian.

Do you have a problem with this?

Windischer
05-07-2013, 07:15 PM
not being allowed to speak their language

:picard2:
everybody is allowed to speak any language that one can think of.
and one can speak magyar and fill magyar papers in bureaus in komárno

the point of that poster campaign was that if businesses want to get more clients (in the area), they could try to use ads in magyar.

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:19 PM
The 2009 amendment of the language law restricts the use of minority languages, and extend the obligatory use of the state language, e.g. in communities where the number of minority speaker is less than 20% of the population. Under the 2009 amendment a fine up to 5000 euros may be imposed on those committing a misdemeanour in relation to the use of the state language.

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
:picard2:
everybody is allowed to speak any language that one can think of.
and one can speak magyar and fill magyar papers in bureaus in komárno

the point of that poster campaign was that if businesses want to get more clients (in the area), they could try to use ads in magyar.

Legally a Hungarian in a postoffice in a Hungarian majority town must speak Slovak to another Hungarian there.

Sierra
05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
First of all I don't know what is Komárno, do you mean Komárom ?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kom%C3%A1rno

Educate yourself.

Secondly, Komárom has a Hungarian majority, therefore it is illogical for there to be signs in Slovak only (which make up minority in the town).

So they are correct, if they want the money of the majority, then they can start addressing the Hungarians there in Hungarian.

Do you have a problem with this?Hungarians are a minority in Slovakia. Do you have a problem with this?

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Perhaps they should just take the Hungarian majority lands in South Slovakia and give them to Hungary.

Slovakians mistreat them all the time, and Hungarians have no love for their oppresor country anyway.
Everybody happy, and the linguistic barrier is respected.

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kom%C3%A1rno

Educate yourself.

Komárom is a Hungarian city, that was split apart in 1920. I certainly don't need a Slovak to educate me about Hungarian Komárom. What you call it is absolutely irrelevant.

Hungarians are a minority in Slovakia. Do you have a problem with this?
I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion.

Windischer
05-07-2013, 07:26 PM
The 2009 amendment of the language law restricts the use of minority languages, and extend the obligatory use of the state language, e.g. in communities where the number of minority speaker is less than 20% of the population. Under the 2009 amendment a fine up to 5000 euros may be imposed on those committing a misdemeanour in relation to the use of the state language.

this copy/paste is not correct.
as a minority language speaker i know something about that, dont you think?

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybe they're making reference to the taxes and charges beign imposed on them while not being allowed to speak their language.

Slovakia has behaved very criminally with its Hungarian minority, no wonder why they're pissed.

Slovakia is a criminal state. It has no legitimacy whatsoever, it is just a part of the Highlands that are being held hostage by criminals Meciar-Fico-Dzurinda, etc, the old guard.

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:27 PM
this copy/paste is not correct.
as a minority language speaker i know something about that, dont you think?

Verchar don't even pretend that Slovaks see Rusyns the same as they see Hungarians.

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Slovakia's right size is the brown section:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4277/775pxaustriahungaryethn.png

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
The way I like Slovakia is how it was in 1300.

Sierra
05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Slovakia's right size is the brown section:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4277/775pxaustriahungaryethn.pngOh, right. And the right size of the Czech Republic is in the blue section. OK, I get it. :thumb001:

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:33 PM
True point, as far as I'm aware, the government in Prague never truly apologized for the massive ethnic cleansing of Germans in the Sudetenland.

That'd be a pleasant surprise :)

Windischer
05-07-2013, 07:36 PM
nooo
not colour maps again :D

slovakia is a criminal state, true, but from different reasons. as are many post-communist states in europe.

p. s. am not rusyn. rusnak doesnt equal rusyn, not necessarily.

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Czech republic is not comparable to Slovaks. For example Premyslid dynasty, and so on..

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:42 PM
p. s. am not rusyn. rusnak doesnt equal rusyn, not necessarily.

So how many Slavic groups are there in Slovakia? Rusnak, Rusyn, Slovjan, Slovak, Ukrainian, Pole...?

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:44 PM
True point, as far as I'm aware, the government in Prague never truly apologized for the massive ethnic cleansing of Germans in the Sudetenland.

That'd be a pleasant surprise :)

Their apology, just like a Slovak apology to Hungarians which might happen in the next 50-1000 years, would not be worth the oxygen that was wasted saying it.

Sierra
05-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Slovakians mistreat them all the time, and Hungarians have no love for their oppresor country anyway.
Slovakia is a criminal state. It has no legitimacy whatsoever, it is just a part of the Highlands that are being held hostage by criminals Meciar-Fico-Dzurinda, etc, the old guard.:cool:

I wonder if this thread will be closed someday...

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:51 PM
For telling the truth about the diffiult situation of Hungarians in Slovakia?

I guess we should all hide injustice :rolleyes:

Sierra
05-07-2013, 07:54 PM
For telling the truth about the diffiult situation of Hungarians in Slovakia?

I guess we should all hide injustice :rolleyes:Oh, dear... What truth? Personal opinions...

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Oh, dear... What truth? Personal opinions...

Not personal opinions, but fact... which ""Wise historism" doesnt agree with...

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Facts of discrimination:

1) Ján Slota, the chairman of Slovak National Party SNS, according to whom the Hungarian population of Slovakia "is a tumour in the body of the Slovak nation."

2)The Constitution also declares that Slovak is the state language on the territory of the Slovak Republic. Make this rules concrete, the 1995 Language Law declares that the State language has a priority over other languages applied on the whole territory of the Slovak Republic. The 2009 amendment of the language law restricts the use of minority languages, and extend the obligatory use of the state language, e.g. in communities where the number of minority speaker is less than 20% of the population

3) Especially in Slovakia's ethnic Hungarian areas,[26] critics have attacked the administrative division of Slovakia as a case of gerrymandering, designed so that in all eight regions, Hungarians are in the minority. Under the 1996 law of reorganization, only two districts (Dunajská Streda and Komárno) have a Hungarian-majority population. While also done to maximize the success of the party HZDS, the gerrymandering in ethnic Hungarian areas worked to minimize the Hungarians' voting power.[

4) As a response to change in Hungarian citizenship law, the National Council of the Slovak Republic approved on May 26, 2010 a law stating that if a Slovak citizen applies for citizenship of another country then he/she will lose his/her Slovak one

----------------------------------------

Just from the wiki site which is of course a very superficial description.

Sierra
05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Just from the wiki site which is of course a very superficial description.Sure, Wikipedia articles are always based on facts.

Baluarte
05-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Political decisions and main news like those I've referred have to be sourced and quoted.
If you don't believe in them, go ahead, show me the links and text that disprove them.

Cern
05-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Facts of discrimination:

1) Ján Slota, the chairman of Slovak National Party SNS, according to whom the Hungarian population of Slovakia "is a tumour in the body of the Slovak nation."...

if 1920 the frontier:

http://i40.tinypic.com/5ebj8n.jpg

Today no problem!

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Cern bácsi, that is 1938 not 1920.

Szegedist
05-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Sure, Wikipedia articles are always based on facts.

Sieera I know the situation there very well, I did not fall of tree yesterday.. mna neoklames.

Windischer
05-07-2013, 08:12 PM
mhm baluarte

1. private opinion of a former chairman of a retard nationalist party is not a discrimination.
2. language act is stupid but what you copy/pasted is legally incorrect, not even discussing that.
3. gerrymandering and failed administrative division is indeed a problem in slovakia but i dont see much of a connection to hungarians. some districts may have been "modeled" with regards to that but thats debatable.
4. citizenship farce was all about political points, nothing to do with discrimination

and cern bači is in picture, as always :D :D

violentin
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM
After being on the losing side of war which Hungary had no choice in entering, Hungary's historical territory was decimated as a result of the Treaty of Trianon. The new borders were not drawn along linguistic or ethnic boundaries.

Finalised deceitfully by the Allies at Trianon, without the presence of a single Hungarian leader, the borders were drawn to the disadvantage of the ethnic Magyars, severing milions from their motherland.

Trianon left a huge number of Magyars in Slovakia, roughly thirty percent of Slovakia spoke Magyar, mostly situated in the south. Trianon/Versailles denied self-determination to these people and today is no different. The Benes decrees are still in force in Slovakia. Magyars are treated as second class citizens, Hungarian language and culture is either restricted or outright banned. Out of the three little entente nations, Slovakia is the most cruel towards her Magyar minority.

http://i52.tinypic.com/fvh6ip.gif

We were allowed to reannex roughly a third of Slovakia following the first Vienna Awared, populated by 84% Magyars, but were unrightfully given back to Slovakia after the war.

Trianon must be re-evalued and revised to be more equitable to Magyars, and drawn along lingusitic and ethnic boundaries, and autonomy be given to Magyar areas not contiguous to Hungary, such as Székelyföld. Magyars in in those areas deserve as much right of self-determination and freedom as do Slovaks, Vlachs, Serbs...

''May the memory of the Hungarian nation live in our souls, because we did not suffer as much during the thousand years of Hungarian rule as we did during six years of Czech rule'' - Father Andrej Hlinka, leader of the Slovak People's Party in 1925.

i think i read something similar but instead of slovakia was romania .
hhhm very weird

violentin
06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes, I agree the Magyars have a right to self determination and that majority Magyar areas which are contingous with Hungary could be annexed by it.
But why incorporate all of Slovakia into Hungary? Wouldn't this go against the whole self-determination part?
Personally I'd rather see Slovakia remain independent but the majority Magyar areas contingous with Hungary join Hungary.

The nation didn't exist but the ethnicity and the Slavic tribe did.

Maybe my Slovak / Hungarian history is a little rusty, but didn't the Slavs move southwards including into Pannonia before the Magyars even arrived there? Surely it must be that the Magyars simply absorbed or booted out the previous Slavic inhabitants.

Large areas of it were German but much of the territory of Czechia was indeed Czech. Besides, the Germans have been encrouching on Slavic territory for centuries (although much of it was East Germanic before the Slavic migrations).

The lowlands perhaps and the areas which continue from the Pannonian plain.

I agree that the borders could have been better drawn, instead Germans were expelled from Czechoslovakia when the borders should have been drawn in such a way as to include them with Germany.
Its the same with Slovakia, the borders could have been a bit more precise - well a lot but I hardly think Hungary should have kept the whole of Slovakia.
thats what i try to say for like ages ,but nobody,nobody listen .I really think that the border where draw just to punish them ,but saying that there where no slavs no vlahs its just unfair .
see i knew that they gonna say that ,thats why i got in here .
when the kingdom of romania got transilvania they should excluded some regions ,with the majority of hungarians living in there .
but there was a vote and they lost just because the germans etnics there where sick of them ,probably because the king of romania was german or because they want revenge for the magyarization in the late 18 century but they vote for romanians .
the point is they want this greater hungary its just rude .there are places in transilvania where theres no hungarians germans or others but vlahs/romanians if you dont beleive me go and see for yourself check south of transilvania .
if they ( slavs and vlahs ) came there in 9 or 10 or 15 century ,dosent matter really .
its like today england will go to ask for teritories back like india and such what would happen????
they want like slovakia , transilvania , serbia,croatia ?!?!thats just ridiculos .
they speak about this milenia kingdom wich was more like a empire by definition ,wich was just a buffer zone for europeans ,and fell, so many times first 12 century to mongols ,15 century otomans and 17 century hasburghs and magically appear on late or middle 18 century . am i right!?
and if you try to reason with them they gonna call you a troll or just ignore you...
i still wait for a discusion about transylvania :)

violentin
06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
if 1920 the frontier:

http://i40.tinypic.com/5ebj8n.jpg

Today no problem!

well agree with you but not really , only if you take out torda and moros and then yes .and make a small strip to have acces to sekely thats my deal .

violentin
06-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Is what why Czechs and Slovaks were our bitches, but never the other way round?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Hungary_1480.jpg

Where was this "Slovakia" before 1993 lololol

you really have a flic for maps do you ?! still waiting for that conversation .

violentin
06-21-2013, 12:03 AM
When has a Hungarian politician ever insulted Slovaks or Slovakia? Never, but I give you many quotes from your side..

Sierra, like I said before on this thread, the Slovak-Hungarian dislike is not necessary, however you give us no choice. Before, we were one nation, two languages, but you bought the propaganda of Bohemian chauvinists hook line and sinker, and turned against us.

And yes, I am against the existence of pariah stateless in Europe carved out of other countries, without EU, NATO, Slovakia would find it increasingly difficult to exist as a country, and these things will not exist forever.
Dude you are saying the same thing on diferent treads the only thing you are changing country names .......thats lame dude ,.
are u hire by somebody?you write the same thing and change romania to slovakia :)))))

violentin
06-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Hungarians and their fairy tale. :laugh:

the 1000yrs magical kingdom form by the people who are decendants of the ancient sumeriens ...............:picard2:

violentin
06-21-2013, 12:08 AM
The hungarians did not hate the slovaks. Slovaks hate the hungarians.
Slovakia discriminatory laws, language law, Benes decrees, citizenship law.

Hungarians and Slovaks have been friends a long time ago. Today slovak identity = Hate the hungarians!
I think slovaks are decent people but inferiority complex the historical antecedents.

I regret! Slovaks and hungarians most similarity all neighbours

hahahahahahahahaha again the same stuff only replace the word romanian with slovak ....i am very dissapointed really :((its still early to say but i think i know the origins of the magyars Trollia ,because this is just pure trolling

Szegedist
06-21-2013, 10:46 PM
the 1000yrs magical kingdom form by the people who are decendants of the ancient sumeriens ...............:picard2:

1) No Hungarian says we are descendants of Sumers. That is wrong, we are in fact descendants of the Atlantian civilization from space aliens. 5 million years ago, ancient Hungarians lived in the Carpthian Basin, left on a UFO to Mars and then came back in 895.
Any more stupid questions?

2) The Sumerian-Hungarian theories were thought up by and propagated by NON HUNGARIANS. Unlike your Daco-Roman theory which was propagated by Caeucescu and the Securitate.

Szegedist
08-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Slovaks are the nearest nation to Hungarians. Their culture is almost the same as ours.
Slovak history is 95% Hungarian history.

Sure, they give them cute little Slavic names like "Ľudovít Košut", "Štefan I", "František Rákoci", "Matej Korvín", etc, but they are as part of their history as they are part of ours.

Slovaks aren't really a nation of their own, rather a subgroup of the Hungarian Kingdom (Uhorsko as they call it).

We are the same nation, we just speak different languages.

The problem is, their their minds were infected, and suddenly the tót became the "szlovák".
Their minds were infected with pan-Slavic chauvinism, "Great Slovak Moravi" megalomania and other fake ideas spread by charlatans like Ľudovít Štúr, Edvard Beneš and Robert Fico.

Now they hate us, because we supposedly "oppressed them for 1000 years", which is not true at all. On their own they are weak and full of inferiority complexes against us, and they try to heal it with hate.

Even today, Hungarians as subject to mockery on Slovak television, for example

And "László Komárom "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2EkSoiH1k

and the "Kutyafájá brothers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uYDBKvVGw

A Gypsy and Hungarian called Imre and Géza who are both very retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AciUl1n1uKk

Off course, its not really offensive because I am not some muslim extremist who can't handle anything, but it tells you about them..

Albion
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Slovaks are the nearest nation to Hungarians. Their culture is almost the same as ours.
Slovak history is 95% Hungarian history.

Sure, they give them cute little Slavic names like "Ľudovít Košut", "Štefan I", "František Rákoci", "Matej Korvín", etc, but they are as part of their history as they are part of ours.

Slovaks aren't really a nation of their own, rather a subgroup of the Hungarian Kingdom (Uhorsko as they call it).

We are the same nation, we just speak different languages.

The problem is, their their minds were infected, and suddenly the tót became the "szlovák".
Their minds were infected with pan-Slavic chauvinism, "Great Slovak Moravi" megalomania and other fake ideas spread by charlatans like Ľudovít Štúr, Edvard Beneš and Robert Fico.

Now they hate us, because we supposedly "oppressed them for 1000 years", which is not true at all. On their own they are weak and full of inferiority complexes against us, and they try to heal it with hate.

Even today, Hungarians as subject to mockery on Slovak television, for example

And "László Komárom "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2EkSoiH1k

and the "Kutyafájá brothers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uYDBKvVGw

A Gypsy and Hungarian called Imre and Géza who are both very retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AciUl1n1uKk

Off course, its not really offensive because I am not some muslim extremist who can't handle anything, but it tells you about them..

Sounds similar to the English and Welsh. They're still separate though, and I think Slovaks are from Hungarians. A relationship where Slovakia would be autonomous within a Kingdom of Hungary could probably work, although it would have to except being the junior partner. It won't happen now though.
Welsh need to accept that they play second fiddle to England, for the most part Wales does.

Szegedist
09-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Sounds similar to the English and Welsh. They're still separate though, and I think Slovaks are from Hungarians. A relationship where Slovakia would be autonomous within a Kingdom of Hungary could probably work, although it would have to except being the junior partner. It won't happen now though.
Welsh need to accept that they play second fiddle to England, for the most part Wales does.

The situation is very similar to Wales and England, except that Welsh and English speak the same language (only a small % of Welsh actually speak Welsh).
While Slovaks and Hungarians speak very different languages, which makes things more complicated.

Szegedist
09-01-2013, 09:30 PM
They must overcome their complexes..

Just tell a Slovak, their their proud national landmark, like the Szepes-Spiš castle for example, was actually a Hungarian castle, they go red in their face.

Their reply to it is this

The Slovak state supports the revival (read= invention) of fake traditions which never existed in Slovakia as part of "Slovak awakening", which are not even supported by Slovak historians.

Szegedist
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Our ideas are sometimes difficult to understand for foreigners, to make it easier.

Szent István's (founder of Kingdom of Hungary) advice to his sons:

Concerning the Reception of Foreigners, and the Support of Strangers.
In strangers and men from abroad there is such great utility that it can be held worthy the sixth place in regal dignity. Why did the Roman Empire first grow, and why were the Roman kings exalted and glorious, except because many noble and wise men congregated there from diverse regions? Rome, in truth, would be a hand-maiden to this day, if Eneades had not made her free.

For as strangers come from diverse regions of the provinces, they bring with them diverse languages and usages, and diverse learning and arms, all of which not only adorn the royal palace and render magnificent the court, but also abash the arrogance of aliens. For a kingdom of one tongue, or of one custom, is weak and fragile.

Wherefore I bid you, my son, support those persons with a good will, and treat them fairly, that they may prefer to continue with you rather than to live elsewhere. For if you destroy what I have built up or strive to disperse what I have gathered together, without doubt your kingdom will suffer the greatest damage. Lest that be, augment your kingdom daily, that your crown may be held august by all.

It may sound like some liberal slogan, but is absolutely wrong to look at Kingdom of Hungary from a racist or ethnic nationalist point of view, because it simply does not work and does not apply here!

All laws about "race, languages and ethnicity by blood," break down within the Carpathian Basin.

Some biggest Hungarian patriots did not even have a single drop of "Hungarian blood", yet they were 100% Hungarian.

Here, nationality was something fluent. There are cases of poets for example, who when they first started out their career wrote poems in Hungarian and saw themselves as Hungarian, but later in their life they became Slovaks and wrote poems in Slovak langauge, like The same worked visa-versa.

It is a lot more complex than simply "here is an ethnic map, lets decide borders based on this".
Rusyn people for example, many saw themselves as both Rusyns, but also part of Hungarian nation
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?81691-Rusyn-Hungarian-meeting&p=1632824&viewfull=1#post1632824

Szegedist
01-19-2014, 12:20 AM
I keep hearing a bit about Slovaks and Hungarians supposedly disliking each other. I know of the Hungarian populated areas which are today part of Slovakia but I've also read comments from Hungarians claiming all of Slovakia is Hungarian and that Slovaks are Slavicized Hungarians.

So how much of that is true and what is the relation between the two peoples and countries?

Slovaks have hardcore inferiority complex, because during history, their ancestors were nothing more than peasants, woodcutters, potato farmers.

As a result of this inferiority complex, they try to Slovakinize everything, eg Maria Teresa was crowned in "Slovakia", or Kingdom of Hungary wasn't Hungarian, but a common "Slovak-Hungarian state".

But can you blame them? Imagine if your people had no glorious history, never won a single battle, never won a single war, never did anything worthwhile. I would have inferiority complex too if I was Slovak.

Their inferiority complex is not just against Hungarians, but against Czechs , Poles too for example.
I cannot comprehend why you are so pro Slovak.

cyborg
01-25-2014, 06:43 PM
The reason of the Hungarian-Slovakian conflict is very surprising. That was the modernization of the Habsburg Empire in the late 18th century. Emperor Joseph II had bidden the German tounge as the official language of the Empire. The Hungarian aristocracy felt they slowly lost their rest of their power under the centralization and modernization of the Empire. This 'language affair' was a good moment they could strike back to the central power. They were not nationalists, most of them lived in Vienna, moreover they had spoken German language as mother tounge. Side by side they had setten the Hungarian lower classes (including the few intellectuals) against the Habsburg court. After the Great French Revolution the appearing of the classic nationalism catalized the nationalistic tendencies in Hungary, and in the mid of the first half of the 19th century the Hungarian nationalism spread along the whole country. In 1848 the liberal revolutions of Europe led a civil war in Hungary. In this war the Habsburg court, the conservatives and the other minorities of the old Kingdom of Hungary (what was a part of the Empire since 1526) fought against the first Hungarian government and the Hungarian and non-Hungarian (German, Polish, etc.) liberals. In 1849 the Habsburgs defeated the rebels with the intervention of the russian Tsar. The next era was the age of the authoritarian Habsburg centralization. After the German-Prussian victory of Königgrätz in 1866, the Habsburg court had to make concession to the Hungarian aristocracy. This situation led to the Compromise of 1867 and the birth of the Austro-Hungarian Double Monarchy. In this personalunion the Hungarian aristocracy got a free hand to make own inner affairs. The aristocracy planed to magyarize all the minorities in the Hungarian part of the Empire to make stronger own power. However the Hungarians was the largest minority in the Kingdom. Cca. 45% was the proportions of the Hungarians. This act of magyarization have led to the will of the minorities want an own country or want to join in other country (Serbia, Romania). Furthermore this have led the more and more idiot ideologies what explain the Hungarians/the random minorites have been earlier in the Carpathian Basin or which nation can have relation with famous and powerful ancient nations (Hungarians to Huns, Romanians to Romans, Slovakians to ancient Slavic states, etc.).

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 06:50 PM
The aristocracy planed to magyarize all the minorities in the Hungarian part of the Empire to make stronger own power. However the Hungarians was the largest minority in the Kingdom. Cca. 45% was the proportions of the Hungarians. This act of magyarization have led to the will of the minorities want an own country or want to join in other country (Serbia, Romania). Furthermore this have led the more and more idiot ideologies what explain the Hungarians/the random minorites have been earlier in the Carpathian Basin or which nation can have relation with famous and powerful ancient nations (Hungarians to Huns, Romanians to Romans, Slovakians to ancient Slavic states, etc.).

In July 1849, the Hungarian Revolutionary Parliament proclaimed and enacted the first laws on ethnic and minority rights in the world. It gave minorities the freedom to use their mothertongue at local administration, at tribunals, in schools, in community life and even within the national guard of non-Magyar councils. However these laws were overturned after the united Russian and Austrian armies crushed the Hungarian Revolution. After the Kingdom of Hungary reached the Compromise with the Habsburg Dynasty in 1867, one of the first acts of its restored Parliament was to pass a Law on Nationalities (Act Number XLIV of 1868).

The situation of minorities in Hungary were much more better than in contemporary Western Europe. Other highly multiethnic /multinational countries were: France Russia and UK.

See the multi-national UK:

The situation of Scottish Irish Welsh people in "Britain" during the English hegemony is well known. They utmost forgot their original language, only english language cultural educational institutions existed. The only language was English in judiciary procedures and in offices and public administrations. It was not a real "United" Kingdom, it was rather a greater England.

See the multiethnic France:

In 1870, France was a similar-degree multi-ethnic state as Hungary, only 50% of the population of France spoke the French language as mothertongue. The other half of the population spoke Occitan, Catalan, Corsican, Alsatian, West Flemish, Lorraine Franconian, Gallo, Picard or Ch’timi and Arpitan etc... Many minority languages were closer to spanish or Italian language than French) French governments banned minority language schools , minority language newspapers minority theaters. They banned the usage of minority languages in offices , public adimistration, and judiciary procedures. The ratio of french mothertongue increased from 50% to 91% during the 1870-1910 period!!!

The situation in German Empire was well known (Polish territories)

What about Russia?

Russian Empire was even more multiethnic state than Hungary, without the existence of minority rights. The forced russification is also well known

Just look the contemporary pre WW1-era Europe:
Magyarization was not so Harsh as western European situation, because the minorities were defended by minority rights and laws. Contemporary Western Europe did not know the minority rights, therefore they covered up their minorities. Were there state sponsored minority schools in Western European countries? NO. How many official languages existed in Western-European states? Only 1 official language! Could minorities use their languages in the offices of public administration in self-governments , in tribunals in Western Europe? No, they couldn't. What about minority newspapers? etc.. etc...

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Also don't forget, during so called "magyarization", many towns and villages were lost to Germans, Romanians, Slovaks demographically.

cyborg
01-25-2014, 07:09 PM
All the modern nations in the 19th Europe were full or partly artiffical creatures by territorial states to make ownselvez stronger. You are right, the western countries have gotten to a great bunch of minorities. However the magyarization was a harsh movement, the Hungarian education system and media had showed the minorities as a more primitive people whom had been conquered by the Hungarian 'Herrenvolk' with their magnificant eastern high culture. The Germans and Jews in Hungary were pictured as evil, opportunist profiteers whos serve foreing interests.

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Wrong. Magyarization was not as harsh as people make it out to be, and overall had minimum effects.

The problem with Magyarization, was that it was not harsh enough.

arcticwolf
01-25-2014, 07:22 PM
All the modern nations in the 19th Europe were full or partly artiffical creatures by territorial states to make ownselvez stronger. You are right, the western countries have gotten to a great bunch of minorities. However the magyarization was a harsh movement, the Hungarian education system and media had showed the minorities as a more primitive people whom had been conquered by the Hungarian 'Herrenvolk' with their magnificant eastern high culture. The Germans and Jews in Hungary were pictured as evil, opportunist profiteers whos serve foreing interests.

You are a trouble maker, aren't you? lol

Szegedist you are going to have your hands full, stears, blogen, now cyborg, Romanians, Southern Euros etc, etc I feel for you brother, your future looks bleak and rough! :laugh:

cyborg
01-25-2014, 07:38 PM

It's false. For example the minorities were forced by the Hungarian enviroments to hungarize own names, change own languages. These are facts. These facts have led they want step out from the Hungarian state.

You are a trouble maker, aren't you? lol

I'm surely not. Just I would like present a real picture about Hungarian history and affairs, and I would like a fruitful conversation with the surrounding nations, because this leads to a more livable world.

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
I would like a fruitful conversation with the surrounding nations, because this leads to a more livable world.

Good luck with that. The only way to have fruitful conversation with Romanians, Slovaks, etc is to say "Slovakia is ancient Great Moravia, Transylvania is Dacia, we are mongol occupiers, Trianon was a good thing, long live Gyula Horn the Greatest Magyar diplomat"

arcticwolf
01-25-2014, 07:50 PM
It's false. For example the minorities were forced by the Hungarian enviroments to hungarize own names, change own languages. These are facts. These facts have led they want step out from the Hungarian state.

I'm surely not. Just I would like present a real picture about Hungarian history and affairs, and I would like a fruitful conversation with the surrounding nations, because this leads to a more livable world.

l see. So, you are a hippie! LOL

You are Hungarian, and because you and Arctic Armenians are best of friends, I'm gonna cut you some slack! :laugh:

cyborg
01-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Good luck with that. The only way to have fruitful conversation with Romanians, Slovaks, etc is to say "Slovakia is ancient Great Moravia, Transylvania is Dacia, we are mongol occupiers, Trianon was a good thing, long live Gyula Horn the Greatest Magyar diplomat"

No, you just think as you know about only that extremist chauvinist from the extremist chauvinist media of the Jobbik. The interest of the Jobbik to picture our neighbours as all of them hate Hungarians and all of them believe in historical nonsenses like as the Daco-Roman continouty or the the Great Moravian Empire (founded by a Frankish German...). However this false historical hypotheses are just so similar to the myths of the Hungarian chauvinists, like as Hungarian-Sumerian connection, or Hungarian is the most ancient language, etc.

Stears
01-25-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't know much about the Slovaks. My father was in Slovakia before few months and his views on the Slovaks were very positive. Even in one pub the people were listening Bulgarian folk music ;O

Yes, perhaps he saw "their" cities witch were built by Hungarians, who were the majority in the cities until the 1930s.

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 07:53 PM
No, you just think as you know about only that extremist chauvinist from the extremist chauvinist media of the Jobbik. The interest of the Jobbik to picture our neighbours as all of them hate Hungarians and all of them believe in historical nonsenses like as the Daco-Roman continouty or the the Great Moravian Empire (founded by a Frankish German...). However this false historical hypotheses are just so similar to the myths of the Hungarian chauvinists, like as Hungarian-Sumerian connection, or Hungarian is the most ancient language, etc.

I am from outside the Trianon borders. I think I know a little bit more about situation with neighbouring countries than you, so don't say I am "brainwashed by Jobbik propaganda". Where are you from (I assume Budapest?) ?

And it is true, majority of Romanians, Slovaks, are not our friends. They say "We can be friends, only if you stop crying about Trianon or go back to Mongolia".

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 07:57 PM

Wrong. Modern day Hungary is direct continuation of Kingdom of Hungary. This is FACT, and nothing like pseudohistory of daco-romania or Great moravia.

Stears
01-25-2014, 07:59 PM
I am from outside the Trianon borders. I think I know a little bit more about situation with neighbouring countries than you, so don't say I am "brainwashed by Jobbik propaganda". Where are you from (I assume Budapest?) ?

And it is true, majority of Romanians, Slovaks, are not our friends. They say "We can be friends, only if you stop crying about Trianon or go back to Mongolia".

The darker pigmented genetically less european, and culturally less european neighbours wanted to send back Hungarians to Mongolia.... Ironically in the scientific communitiy of the word (linguists historians geneticists) laugh in their fantastic mongolian territories (even the slovak serb and romani-an scholars deny these fantasy theories )

The Ural - Mongolia distance is similar huge as the London - Moscow distance... (Just imagine it:picard1:)

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Saying that Kingdom of Hungary was not a Hungarian state is like saying USSR was not Russian but "common Baltic-Russian-Chechen state".

cyborg
01-25-2014, 08:04 PM

I am from the contemporary Hungary. However I had trips in the other side of the borders and I could made conversations with Hungarians and others too. I have found every people have a majority of peaceful men and a small bunch of chauvinist hatemongers. Side by side the nowadays Hungarians in out of the borders have a minority complex too. I think the only solution of this the future where will not be any border among people. Until this moment a temporary solution would be more tolerance from the nations each other.

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 08:06 PM
I am from the contemporary Hungary. However I had trips in the other side of the borders and I could made conversations with Hungarians and others too. I have found every people have a majority of peaceful men and a small bunch of chauvinist hatemongers. Side by side the nowadays Hungarians in out of the borders have a minority complex too. I think the only solution of this the future where will not be any border among people. Until this moment a temporary solution would be more tolerance from the nations each other.

With this lib-szoci mentality, go to the other side of the borders in 50 years and you won't be able to have a conversation, unless you speak Romanian, Serb or Slovak.

Stears
01-25-2014, 08:13 PM
The Word's first minority law/ minority rights (Hungary 1848-49 and 186
In July 1849, the Hungarian Revolutionary Parliament proclaimed and enacted the first laws on ethnic and minority rights in the world. It gave minorities the freedom to use their mothertongue at local administration, at tribunals, in schools, in community life and even within the national guard of non-Magyar councils. However these laws were overturned after the united Russian and Austrian armies crushed the Hungarian Revolution. After the Kingdom of Hungary reached the Compromise with the Habsburg Dynasty in 1867, one of the first acts of its restored Parliament was to pass a Law on Nationalities (Act Number XLIV of 1868).

The situation of minorities in Hungary were much more better than in contemporary Western Europe. Other highly multiethnic /multinational countries were: France Russia and UK.

See the multi-national UK:

The situation of Scottish Irish Welsh people in "Britain" during the English hegemony is well known. They utmost forgot their original language, only english language cultural educational institutions existed. The only language was English in judiciary procedures and in offices and public administrations. It was not a real "United" Kingdom, it was rather a greater England.

See the multiethnic France:

In 1870, France was a similar-degree multi-ethnic state as Hungary, only 50% of the population of France spoke the French language as mothertongue. The other half of the population spoke Occitan, Catalan, Corsican, Alsatian, West Flemish, Lorraine Franconian, Gallo, Picard or Ch’timi and Arpitan etc... Many minority languages were closer to spanish or Italian language than French) French governments banned minority language schools , minority language newspapers minority theaters. They banned the usage of minority languages in offices , public adimistration, and judiciary procedures. The ratio of french mothertongue increased from 50% to 91% during the 1870-1910 period!!!

The situation in German Empire was well known (Polish territories)

What about Russia?

Russian Empire was even more multiethnic state than Hungary, without the existence of minority rights. The forced russification is also well known

Stears
01-25-2014, 08:13 PM
The only signifficant genetic deifference between slovaks and Hungarians: is the higher ratio of mongoloid genetic haplogroup markers in Slovaks.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

Windischer
01-25-2014, 08:18 PM
a small bunch of chauvinist hatemongers.

including szegedist ;)

I think the only solution of this the future where will not be any border among people.

exactly. it is just a superficially drawn line. some people use it to fuel their own chimeric masturbatory imaginations.
it is just a necessary evil until some better solution is implemented.

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 08:19 PM
The only signifficant genetic deifference between slovaks and Hungarians: is the higher ratio of mongoloid genetic haplogroup markers in Slovaks.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

Liberalism will be death of Hungary. What we need is hardline conseratives (Bethlen, Kállay , Bárdossy , Horthy, etc)

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 08:20 PM
including szegedist ;)

exactly. it is just a superficially drawn line. some people use it to fuel their own chimeric masturbatory imaginations.
it is just a necessary evil until some better solution is implemented.

So called Rusnaks never had their own state, therefore its natural that you don't understand it and are against it, and that you have these utopian communistic views.

cyborg
01-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Wrong. Modern day Hungary is direct continuation of Kingdom of Hungary. This is FACT, and nothing like pseudohistory of daco-romania or Great moravia.

Modern day Hungary is the successor of the Kingdom of Hungary in an aspect of view, side by side this was a new established national state in 1920, be cause the Kingdom of Hungary de facto didn't exist since 1526, it was the part of the Ottoman and the Habsburg Empires.

Saying that Kingdom of Hungary was not a Hungarian state is like saying USSR was not Russian but "common Baltic-Russian-Chechen state".

This is more difficult, but it is similar in same cases. The 'Tsardom of Russia/Soviet Empire/Russian Federation' state is originaly founded by Russians. However this have rule many other nation whos are definetely not Russians, moreover since the 20th century the Russian people have not been the ruler nation as many leader and important person of the state was/is not Russian originally. Just see the georgian Stalin, the Volga-German-Jewish-Kalmük-Russian Lenin or the other Russian, but not Russian descended people. Therefore Russia have evolved into a Russian-Baltic-Caucasian-Turkish-etc. state than ethnic Slavic.

Windischer
01-25-2014, 08:24 PM
So called Rusnaks never had their own state, therefore its natural that you don't understand it and are against it, and that you have these utopian communistic views.

the concept of ethnically-based state is laughable.
my views are far from communistic, and even farther from utopian. its views of ppl like you that are dystopian.

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 08:28 PM
the concept of ethnically-based state is laughable.
my views are far from communistic, and even farther from utopian. its views of ppl like you that are dystopian.

I agree with you, that is why I support Restoration of Kingdom of Hungary, because ethnicity based states created by nationalism like so called Slovakia are laughable.

The Slovaks, Slovjaks, etc are all part of the Hungarian nation, and they should return to our state where we lived together and defended together for the past 1000 years.

Stears
01-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Modern day Hungary is the successor of the Kingdom of Hungary in an aspect of view, side by side this was a new established national state in 1920, be cause the Kingdom of Hungary de facto didn't exist since 1526, it was the part of the Ottoman and the Habsburg Empires.

This is more difficult, but it is similar in same cases. The 'Tsardom of Russia/Soviet Empire/Russian Federation' state is originaly founded by Russians. However this have rule many other nation whos are definetely not Russians, moreover since the 20th century the Russian people have not been the ruler nation as many leader and important person of the state was/is not Russian originally. Just see the georgian Stalin, the Volga-German-Jewish-Kalmük-Russian Lenin or the other Russian, but not Russian descended people. Therefore Russia have evolved into a Russian-Baltic-Caucasian-Turkish-etc. state than ethnic Slavic.

You don't know basic Hungarian state history:

Hungary was regnum independens, a separate Monarchy as Article X of 1790 stipulated.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Austrian_Empire&oldid=587610691#cite_note-P.C3.A9ter-5) According to the Constitutional law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_law) and public law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_law), the Empire of Austria has never lawfully included the Kingdom of Hungary.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Austrian_Empire&oldid=587610691#cite_note-6) After the cessation of the Holy Roman Empire (Kingdom of Hungary was not part of it) the new title of the Habsburg rulers (Emperor of Austria) did not in any sense affect the laws and the constitution of Hungary according to the Hungarian Diet and the proclamation of Francis I in a rescript,[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Austrian_Empire&oldid=587610691#cite_note-7) thus the country was part of the other Lands of the empire largely through the common monarch.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Austrian_Empire&oldid=587610691#cite_note-P.C3.A9ter-5)
The division was so marked between Austria and Hungary that there was no common citizenship: a person living in Austria-Hungary was either an Austrian citizen or a Hungarian citizen, never both.[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-16)[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-17) The difference in citizenship also meant that there were always separate Austrian and Hungarian passports, never a common one.[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-18)[19] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-19)
The Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of Hungary had always maintained separate parliaments. (See: Imperial Council (Austria) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Council_%28Austria%29) and Diet of Hungary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_of_Hungary).) Legally, except for the Pragmatic Sanction of 1713 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatic_Sanction_of_1713), common laws have never existed in the Empire of Austria and the Kingdom of Hungary.

All laws, even the ones with identical content such as the compromise of 1867, had to pass the parliaments of both Vienna and Budapest. They were published in the respective official media; in the Austrian part it was called Reichsgesetzblatt (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Reichsgesetzblatt&action=edit&redlink=1), and was issued in eight languages.

The administration and government of the Kingdom of Hungary (between 1527 and 1848) were not united with the common administrational and governmental structure of the Austrian Empire. Its central governmental structures remained well separated from the imperial government, and they were linked largely in the person of the common monarch. The country was governed by the Council of Liutenancy of Hungary (the Gubernium) - located in Pressburg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressburg) and later in Pest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pest,_Hungary) - and by the Hungarian Royal Court Chancellery in Vienna.[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-20) The Hungarian government and Hungarian parliament were suspended after the Hungarian revolution of 1848, and they regained their former status after the Austro-Hungarian Compromise in 1867.
Despite Austria and Hungary sharing a common currency, they were fiscally sovereign and independent entities.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-21) Since the beginnings of the personal union (from 1527), the government of the Kingdom of Hungary could preserve its separated and independent budget. After the revolution of 1848-1849, the Hungarian budget was amalgamated with the Austrian, and it was only after the Compromise of 1867 that Hungary received a separate budget.[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-22) From 1527 (the creation of the monarchic personal union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_union)) to 1851, the Kingdom of Hungary maintained its own customs borders which separated her from the other parts of the Habsburg-ruled territories.[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-23) Since 1867, the Austrian and Hungarian customs union agreement had to be renegotiated and stipulated every ten years. The agreements were renewed and signed by Vienna and Budapest at the end of every decade because both countries hoped to derive mutual economic benefit by the customs union. The Austrian Empire and Kingdom of Hungary contracted their foreign commercial treaties independently of each other.[24] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-hungary#cite_note-ReferenceB-24)

Szegedist
01-25-2014, 08:46 PM
You don't know basic Hungarian state history:

He knows the lib-szoci "version".

Stears
01-25-2014, 08:54 PM
He knows the lib-szoci "version".

Even Rákosi and Kádár have never lied so much about Hungarian history. I think he is an ignorant prolaterian or a slovak/romani-an/serbian