PDA

View Full Version : Best Dna test to take ??

Mand2235
05-17-2018, 06:17 PM
Which is the best most accurate dna test to take to discover your ancestry national geographic ,23and me or ancestrydna ??i am confused as which one which one to go with .

Leto
05-17-2018, 07:27 PM
For British people it's probably 23andme.

Rocinante
09-09-2018, 05:08 PM
23andme or AncestryDNA, DO NOT try MyHeritage.

Gründig
09-09-2018, 05:10 PM
I'd say 23andme or ancestry DNA.

Longbowman
09-09-2018, 05:15 PM
23andme is the best but AncestryDNA is also very good.

Ignore the other ones for now.

Token
09-09-2018, 05:16 PM
The cheapest one. Your raw data will be virtually the same no matter what company you choose.

Rocinante
09-09-2018, 08:33 PM
The cheapest one. Your raw data will be virtually the same no matter what company you choose.This is true, but if you want a good ancestry report and updates of it, you choose 23andme or ancestry.

Sent from my MI 8 SE using Tapatalk

rein
09-09-2018, 08:55 PM
23andme is alright.

Token
09-09-2018, 10:50 PM
This is true, but if you want a good ancestry report and updates of it, you choose 23andme or ancestry.

'Ancestry reports' are made for people that don't know the basics of genetics. If you know at least how ADMIXTURE works and how to use a Gedmatch calculator, they are pretty much useless.

Dragoon
09-09-2018, 10:51 PM
23andme or ancestry
ftdna only if you have a big wallet and know what you are doing.

Arborean
09-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Is NatGeo worth a try? Pretty much tested wit all except them. They also seem to have that famous relatives thing which could be interesting. Anyone test with them?

Dick
09-09-2018, 11:21 PM
Is NatGeo worth a try? Pretty much tested wit all except them. They also seem to have that famous relatives thing which could be interesting. Anyone test with them?

NatGeo is probably the most interesting test out of all of them. Unfortunately their website says that their Kits for Canada are sold out.

Carpatz
09-09-2018, 11:24 PM
ancestry or ftdna since 23andme v5 has 3x less snps

Arborean
09-10-2018, 01:20 AM
NatGeo is probably the most interesting test out of all of them. Unfortunately their website says that their Kits for Canada are sold out.

That’s a shame. Can’t you just order it from USA and pay the shipping? It says that if you buy 2 kits or more its 69.99USD.

Dick
09-10-2018, 01:22 AM
That’s a shame. Can’t you just order it from USA and pay the shipping? It says that if you buy 2 kits or more its 69.99USD.

Apparently not which is bizarre lol if kits are available to US citizens then why not outside of the US

Arborean
09-10-2018, 01:29 AM

Just ordered my kit. So the kit is additional to the test(weird) total 100. This will be pretty much all companies for me with exception of my heritage since I got that with free upload.

Arborean
09-10-2018, 01:31 AM
Apparently not which is bizarre lol if kits are available to US citizens then why not outside of the US

Yea. That’s stupid as shit. It’s just over the border so I don’t see why not. Part of why I wanted to test with them is cause they’re a major funded network so I would like to see how that expands over time. Also there’s a lot of apps. Haplogroup relatives by seeing which mtdna and Ydna famous relatives you have with shared segments(I assume they tested the living descendants of these people).

Dick
09-10-2018, 01:32 AM
Just ordered my kit. So the kit is additional to the test(weird) total 100. This will be pretty much all companies for me with exception of my heritage since I got that with free upload.

raw data work with gedmatch too?

Arborean
09-10-2018, 01:36 AM
raw data work with gedmatch too?

Unfortunately no. But you can upload for conversion to FTDNA and then upload to gedmatch from there. Outside of LivingDNA all my gedmatch files are pretty much the same results so I’m not too concerned about this.

Rocinante
09-10-2018, 03:42 AM
'Ancestry reports' are made for people that don't know the basics of genetics. If you know at least how ADMIXTURE works and how to use a Gedmatch calculator, they are pretty much useless.I know, that's why it is better to get a very accurate ancestry report before get into gedmatch, which is the only site to give an almost 100% accurate result.

RenaRyuguu
11-04-2021, 01:03 PM
none ik my genetics already by digging out my family's archives and their surname changes like following that historical timeline cuz everyone came from somewhere. It doesn't mean if you are European living in Serbia that you are the same thing as Serbs genetically. I also have 10 dead twins/sibling/half

a few are also real siblings to me not half like mina from twice. depending on when my parents kissed last they were divorced for 20 years but I am sure around the time Yiren popped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XfKqJTTZHo&ab_channel=yirenist

and Nancy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APyC14u8hLU&ab_channel=Sleeppage

ya the other 8 too lazy to list rn