PDA

View Full Version : Classify Gandhi

Curtis24
03-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Since I just made an Einstein thread, I guess the next figure is Gandhi ;)

http://i51.tinypic.com/2jfxbhx.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2s0yg3m.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2lb2qo6.jpg

Norbert
03-03-2011, 05:27 PM
More Australoid than Caucasoid, that's for sure.

antonio
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
My bad memory prevents myself for posting the Indian name of their race, more typical as moving Indian South or East.

aherne
03-03-2011, 06:01 PM
More Australoid than Caucasoid, that's for sure.

Not exactly. Australoid influence is only slight in him, otherwise he would be BLACK skinned, curly haired, box faced, stocky and Homo Erectus like.

Curtis24
03-03-2011, 06:49 PM
How would you classify him, aherne?

Agrippa
03-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Gracilindid-Weddoid mix, with the Weddoid part being rather Gondid. Hard to tell what's dominant, but I guess he is rather 50 : 50.

Indid Hindu priest:
http://media.lonelyplanet.com/lpimg/24733/24733-1/preview.jpg

Gondid variants from the Gond people:
http://people.virginia.edu/~pm9k/98/bahrain/slide1.jpg

StonyArabia
03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Gandhi belonged to the Merchant class if this helps. The Vaishya caste. He is mostly Gracil-Indid with some Weddiod admix it's slight. Interestingly Weddiods are proto-Mongoloids.

Agrippa
03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Gandhi belonged to the Merchant class if this helps. The Vaishya caste. He is mostly Gracil-Indid with some Weddiod admix it's slight. Interestingly Weddiods are proto-Mongoloids.

Weddoids are, in a way, probably "Proto-everything" racially for Eurasians.

I guess both many Proto-Europoids and Proto-Mongoloids were more "Weddoid-like", because this is the more undifferentiated, archaic stock of Eurasians.

Curtis24
03-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Just to give me an idea, what European subraces would Weddoid most resemble?

Agrippa
03-03-2011, 08:27 PM

Gracile Berid.

StonyArabia
03-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Weddoids are, in a way, probably "Proto-everything" racially for Eurasians.

I guess both many Proto-Europoids and Proto-Mongoloids were more "Weddoid-like", because this is the more undifferentiated, archaic stock of Eurasians.

That is interesting. Weddoids do often appear to be Asian on genetic test, this why they are dubbed as proto-Mongoloid. However they look by physical form much closer to Caucasoids than Mongoloids, it's just their dark color and some other features that makes them different. So does this means that Caucasoid and Mongoloid races both have their origins in the Indian Subcontinent.

aureus
03-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Curtis24

Gracile Berid.

But Berid are heirs of Cromagnoid, thus without any link with veddoid.

Modern Caucasoid or Europid have oriental but also western origins

aureus
03-06-2011, 08:58 AM
That is interesting. Weddoids do often appear to be Asian on genetic test, this why they are dubbed as proto-Mongoloid. However they look by physical form much closer to Caucasoids than Mongoloids, it's just their dark color and some other features that makes them different. So does this means that Caucasoid and Mongoloid races both have their origins in the Indian Subcontinent.

Europid have also western origin, modern caucasoid are mix of two flows.

Agrippa
03-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Australo-Weddoid variants were once much wider spread, so it is not all down to genes on this one, because genetically different strains might have kept similarly primitive traits for quite some time, until moving out of the areas in which they could be kept and new selctive pressures (= Proto-Europoid on the one side, Proto-Mongoloid on the other) worked on them.

Parts of the Europid race surely came from Weddoid stock, others probably not, but from in certain respects similar variants.

But Berid are heirs of Cromagnoid, thus without any link with veddoid.

Modern Caucasoid or Europid have oriental but also western origins

They are archaic Cromagnoid-like variants of more Southern provinience which combine archaic-broad with infantile traits, they are also rather dolichocephalic, not Borealised or heavily reduced-pyknomorphised and with this combination they are closest to Weddoids of all European Europids.

Some of those archaic sapiens stood in the Near East, others went on to India - from there to Central Asia - there are indeed to pathways into Europe, the primary are via Anatolic (No. 1) and Central Asia (No. 2).

Genetically I wouldn't wonder about a correlation of No. 1 with IJ-E yDNA and of No. 2 with R yDNA.

Aviane
03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Indid.

A reasonable common type to that area.

Curtis24
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM

Many have argued this. Indians have the darkest skin of all Caucasoids, so it makes sense that such people are transitional between Africans and Mideastern peoples.

Stephen Oppenheimer argues that India had a temperate climate during the Ice Ages, forming a sort of refuge. It was in this refuge that Caucasoid morphology developed.

The development of Mongoloids is somewhat more complicated..

Smeagol
01-17-2014, 02:21 AM
Gracile-Indid + Weddid (Gondid).

Sharkeatpeople
01-17-2014, 02:32 AM
Indid.