PDA

View Full Version : Anglo-Saxon Economic model is still doing well and one of the best!!

JohnSmith
05-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Our Anglo-Saxon model has always been good at keeping unemployment low and promoting hard work and with strong entrepreneurial small business creation.

I still think we have a a great model even if there are still problems one can become very rich if they are smart and know how to take risk with a great business idea.

Overall, we tend to keep unemployment lower than the other models and we tend to have larger GDP growth with less debt than the other models.

Livin
05-18-2018, 11:55 PM
haahhahaha you are not trolling right?

JohnSmith
05-18-2018, 11:58 PM
haahhahaha you are not trolling right?

I am serious,, ofcourse we have problems but overall Anglo-Saxon ecnomies have low unemployment compared to other models. We also have a lot of billionaires. The one problem we have recently is healthcare issues and the gap between the rich and the poor is getting larger but otherwise the employment #s are much better than Europe's in general.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 12:05 AM
I also think the Nordic model does well,, BUT I doubt people have the opportunity they have in the USA. Education may be free there but how difficult is it for an average Swede to go to college for free. I bet there is a lot of competition and harder to get into college when it is free and open to all. The Anglo-Saxon model is more geared to getting even average people into college.

In America one average person has more opportunity to be whatever they want without those obstacles .

Livin
05-19-2018, 12:20 AM
I am serious,, ofcourse we have problems but overall Anglo-Saxon ecnomies have low unemployment compared to other models. We also have a lot of billionaires. The one problem we have recently is healthcare issues and the gap between the rich and the poor is getting larger but otherwise the employment #s are much better than Europe's in general.

So according to you,a FULLY capitalist economic system without healthcare,education and social programs is way better than a northern european system like Denmarks,Sweden,Norway,nethelrands?

So you prefer more billionaires,many jobs(with bad salary) and big economic inequity among the working class and the elite right?

The only good anglo saxon economies right now are Australia and NZ...!!!

USA economy is in the middle ages....!!!

You guys spend a lot of money on war....

Ouistreham
05-19-2018, 12:38 AM
The Anglo-Saxon model is more geared to getting even average people into college.

In America one average person has more opportunity to be whatever they want without those obstacles .

But seriously... Are you trolling?
The Anglo-American model is getting very near the end.
Continental European educational models are far from perfect (unfortunately migrant students all too often take advantage from the fact there is little or no tuition fees), but ensure better equal opportunity.
Don't you know that average life expectancy is plummeting in the US of A? A clear evidence that this society is crumbling down.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 12:55 AM
Continental European educational models are far from perfect (unfortunately migrant students all too often take advantage from the fact there is little or no tuition fees), but ensure better equal opportunity.
Don't you know that average life expectancy is plummeting in the US of A? A clear evidence that this society is crumbling down.

Continental Europe has debt issues. France will not be able to sustain their model much longer and that is why Macron is forcing reform. Plus, France and the continentals have high unemployment relatively speaking, Germany has sustained lower unemployment for now but they are barely growing and will lose this advantage in time. France is actually an outlier when it comes to economics they have the spending of Norway with the public employee of bureaucracy of Greece. The French just happen to be more productive than than Greece, but it doesn't matter in the long run reform is needed. 50% of expenditures in France are public government spending!! This is no way sustainable and will cause a debt crisis in the future if Macron cannot get reform.

The USA does have issues but having a job is still the most important aspect of an economy. People do not want hand-outs they want to feel like they are working for something.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:00 AM
So according to you,a FULLY capitalist economic system without healthcare,education and social programs is way better than a northern european system like Denmarks,Sweden,Norway,nethelrands?

So you prefer more billionaires,many jobs(with bad salary) and big economic inequity among the working class and the elite right?

Ok, I agree with some of what you said. Australia, Canada and New Zealand are Anglo models which are doing fantastic. The USA and UK still have issues with poverty, equality and healthcare. However, I still think you can become very wealthy in the USA if you want. Also, having a job is most important to a person. One has the ability to move up in a company anyway but it is ok to start at the bottom.

The Nordic models do very well but there is a lot of competition there to go to a free college. I think it is difficult in Scandinavia and grow up thinking you can be whatever you want in life. Only the select few that are at the top will be able to out compete the other in a society like that. Even Sweden does not have great employment statistics.

In the USA anyone that wants to can go to college. You do not need to compete with others as much because we have so many schools to choose from.

We still have a lot of work to do. Healthcare is an issue and the gap between rich and poor needs to close.

Livin
05-19-2018, 01:02 AM
Continental Europe has debt issues. France will not be able to sustain their model much longer and that is why Macron is forcing reform. Plus, France and the continentals have high unemployment relatively speaking, Germany has sustained lower unemployment for now but they are barely growing and will lose this advantage in time. France is actually an outlier when it comes to economics they have the spending of Norway with the public employee of bureaucracy of Greece. The French just happen to be more productive than than Greece, but it doesn't matter in the long run reform is needed. 50% of expenditures in France are public government spending!! This is no way sustainable and will cause a debt crisis in the future if Macron cannot get reform.

The USA does have issues but having a job is still the most important aspect of an economy. People do not want hand-outs they want to feel like they are working for something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_employment_rate

jingorex
05-19-2018, 01:03 AM

The USA has a larger GDP than the entire eu.

The EU has double the population of the USA...

So my question is...Could you possibly look anymore stupid right now?

I dont think so...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Pgy4Na8aRyBuE/giphy.gif

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:04 AM

This cannot continue, especially when East Asia is now directly competing in the global economy.

he statistic shows the ratio of government expenditure to the gross domestic product (GDP) in France from 2012 to 2016, with projections up until 2022. In 2016, the government expenditure in France amounted to about 56.57 percent of the gross domestic product.

Source:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/275345/ratio-of-government-expenditure-to-gross-domestic-product-gdp-in-france/

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:11 AM

I dont think so...

We have out issues but if one wants to be successful they certainly have that opportunity.

Livin
05-19-2018, 01:19 AM

I dont think so...

Classical idiot american pleb.

Learn first the basics how a real economy works and then pretend the economist.

Your country idiot has zero healthcare and zero education.

Zero social programs and compare to northwestern europe is pure shit.

Proverty in USA is ten times bigger than the whole Scandinavian states.

Ouistreham
05-19-2018, 01:22 AM

Listen. Wa all have issues in our countries. France, Sweden, Germany etc. are far from perfect. We don't even know what a perfect system would look like.
But I'm over fed-up with the propaganda about the Anglo-American system. There is in Europe a famous magazine you probably heard of, The Economist. As long as I can remember they've been publishing long columns saying everything in the French economy was flawed and that nothing in this world could beat wonderful reaganomics and marvellous thatchernomics, la-la-la and so on.

But just take a look at the CIA-factbook. Both UK and France have exactly the same GDP/PPP per capita at USD 43,600 yearly. A little higher than Japan, a little lower than Belgium.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

So, you understand I'm not willing anymore to get lectured about the alleged wonders of the Anglo-Saxon model.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:23 AM
Classical idiot american pleb.

Learn first the basics how a real economy works and then pretend the economist.

Your country idiot has zero healthcare and zero education.

Zero social programs and compare to northwestern europe is pure shit.

Proverty in USA is ten times bigger than the whole Scandinavian states.

You are wrong, we have quite a bit of social programs and Healthcare is subsidized for the poor and middle class. We also have Medicare and Medicaid,, and student loan and grant programs which we had since the 1960s. We have had Social Security Pensions since the 1930s.

Livin
05-19-2018, 01:26 AM
This cannot continue, especially when East Asia is now directly competing in the global economy.

he statistic shows the ratio of government expenditure to the gross domestic product (GDP) in France from 2012 to 2016, with projections up until 2022. In 2016, the government expenditure in France amounted to about 56.57 percent of the gross domestic product.

Source:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/275345/ratio-of-government-expenditure-to-gross-domestic-product-gdp-in-france/

You dont compare economies with GDP dude.

I dont give a fuck if you are richer country than everybody EU state.

When your country dosnt have Free real education,a free serious healthcare and ofc social programs.

Speniding expenses for doing war in middle east?
Serious Bro?

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:26 AM
Listen. Wa all have issues in our countries. France, Sweden, Germany etc. are far from perfect. We don't even know what a perfect system would look like.
But I'm over fed-up with the propaganda about the Anglo-American system. There is in Europe a famous magazine you probably heard of, The Economist. As long as I can remember they've been publishing long columns saying everything in the French economy was flawed and that nothing in this world could beat wonderful reaganomics and marvellous thatchernomics, la-la-la and so on.

But just take a look at the CIA-factbook. Both UK and France have exactly the same GDP/PPP per capita at USD 43,600 yearly. A little higher than Japan, a little lower than Belgium.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

So, you understand I'm not willing anymore to get lectured about the alleged wonders of the Anglo-Saxon model.

No model is perfect. But I will defend the model's achievement with employment but yes we have issues still. However, we are not stagnant and backwards like many Europeans think.

Livin
05-19-2018, 01:28 AM
You are wrong, we have quite a bit of social programs and Healthcare is subsidized for the poor and middle class. We also have Medicare and Medicaid,, and student loan and grant programs which we had since the 1960s. We have had Social Security Pensions since the 1930s.

The only free healthcare programm was OBAMACARE but suddenly Mr Trump end it...!!!

As for education if you dont coming from a wealthy background to study in a serious college you ending up in mcdonalds grilling cheeseburgers......

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:29 AM
You dont compare economies with GDP dude.

I dont give a fuck if you are richer country than everybody EU state.

When your country dosnt have Free real education,a free serious healthcare and ofc social programs.

Speniding expenses for doing war in middle east?
Serious Bro?

Excuse me,, GDP matters and it is simply unsustainable long term and will cause debt problems when you spend this much of your GDP on government spending you might as well be Cuba or North Korea. It cannot last forever. Eventually you run out of other people's money.

Yes, we spend way to much on war and need to stop that nonsense.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:31 AM
The only free healthcare programm was OBAMACARE but suddenly Mr Trump end it...!!!

As for education if you dont coming from a wealthy background to study in a serious college you ending up in mcdonalds grilling cheeseburgers......

Trump did not end Obamacare and we already had two government healthcare programs since the 1960s that gave free or subsidized healthcare,, they are called

Medicare and Medicaid,, so please understand before you speak.

Livin
05-19-2018, 01:38 AM
Trump did not end Obamacare and we already had two government healthcare programs since the 1960s that gave free or subsidized healthcare,, they are called

Medicare and Medicaid,, so please understand before you speak.

Ok i believe you.

But give me a good explanation why the majority of americans pay for private safety?

Why you dont go all for these free healthcare programs?

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 01:46 AM
Ok i believe you.

But give me a good explanation why the majority of americans pay for private safety?

Why you dont go all for these free healthcare programs?

I do not know any Americans that pay a lot for private safety that is a Latin American thing.

Medicare is for the disabled or people over 65 years old. Medicaid is for the poor and is administered by the states with a partnership with the Federal government. The people in the middle class can get subsidized healthcare through Obamacare but it is not always cheap, but it is available.

Westbrook
05-19-2018, 02:39 AM

You guys spend a lot of money on war....https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/look-at-what-s-going-to-happen-to-sweden-s-fabled-welfare-state

Hope this helps

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 02:48 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/look-at-what-s-going-to-happen-to-sweden-s-fabled-welfare-state

Hope this helps

Europe will have significant problems in the future. Macron cannot even get simple reforms passed. Italy is about to have populist government. It is not looking good for Europe,, as China,India and South Korea are growing richer everyday.

Livin
05-19-2018, 02:53 AM
Europe will have significant problems in the future. Macron cannot even get simple reforms passed. Italy is about to have populist government. It is not looking good for Europe,, as China,India and South Korea are growing richer everyday.

Whatever you guys say,european economic system cannot compare with the USA brothel economic chaos system.
Northwestern europeans have the highest standard of living in the whole world.

Duel with it...

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 02:59 AM
Whatever you guys say,european economic system cannot compare with the USA brothel economic chaos system.
Northwestern europeans have the highest standard of living in the whole world.

Duel with it...

The USA has the highest standard of living for any country with over 100 million people. It is not that hard to have a high standard of living for small countries. They do not involve as much complexity. The USA is the leader in Technology as we have Facebook,Google,Amazon and Apple and many other hi-tech companies.

Also,California has 40 million people but has a larger economy than France which has over 20 million more people, so America per capita is richer than many European countries we work more hours and are very productive.

Also, historically the USA has had a higher standard of living than Europe generally speaking we had to give them money in the Marshall Plan to lift them out of the gutter as they were eating rats at the end of WWII.

Livin
05-19-2018, 03:29 AM
The USA has the highest standard of living for any country with over 100 million people. It is not that hard to have a high standard of living for small countries. They do not involve as much complexity. The USA is the leader in Technology as we have Facebook,Google,Amazon and Apple and many other hi-tech companies.

Also,California has 40 million people but has a larger economy than France which has over 20 million more people, so America per capita is richer than many European countries we work more hours and are very productive.

Also, historically the USA has had a higher standard of living than Europe generally speaking we had to give them money in the Marshall Plan to lift them out of the gutter as they were eating rats at the end of WWII.

Historically USA technology was behind nazi Germany and also Soviet Union.

Also USA dosnt produce cars and vehicles like Europe.

I agree that California is the land of internet,pc services etc.

jingorex
05-19-2018, 03:33 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-15/look-at-what-s-going-to-happen-to-sweden-s-fabled-welfare-state

Hope this helps

LOL!

OUCH!

expect the euro-cuck to lash out in bitter, impotent rage.

like always.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2wAsJ71oq4MT0A/giphy.gif

Livin
05-19-2018, 03:42 AM
LOL!

OUCH!

expect the euro-cuck to lash out in bitter, impotent rage.

like always.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2wAsJ71oq4MT0A/giphy.gif

You will never be Europeans duel with it.

Your ancestors were criminals,plebs,whores,prostitutes,murderers,thiev es,and scums.
This shit dna runs in your infected blood.
You will never reach the spiritual level of Europe and Europeans.

As for the economics,you should make a gallop and take some answers from south Asians,Muslims,Africans and from third world countries to see witch continent they prefer for immigration.......

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 03:45 AM
Historically USA technology was behind nazi Germany and also Soviet Union.

Also USA dosnt produce cars and vehicles like Europe.

I agree that California is the land of internet,pc services etc.

European Cars from my experience are not that great. We produce a lot of cars in the USA but the future is self driving cars like the American company Tesla.

Oneeye
05-19-2018, 03:47 AM

We do have programs for healthcare, education, and welfare. Don't pay heed to any fool that claims otherwise.

Livin
05-19-2018, 03:48 AM
European Cars from my experience are not that great. We produce a lot of cars in the USA but the future is self driving cars like the American company Tesla.

European cars are not great?

Ok now you end it....

You guys have big complex against Europe....

European cars considered the best cars in the world!!!!

USA car you mean Chevrolet?

Ahahahaha ok.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 03:48 AM
When will your Europeans understand when you make things FREE the competition just increases dramatically. Only so many people can benefit from this not all people will be able to go to college if it is free because they will just never get accepted due to the extreme competition.

Livin
05-19-2018, 03:51 AM
We do have programs for healthcare, education, and welfare. Don't pay heed to any fool that claims otherwise.
So,my cousins in New Jersey lying to me right?

He pays even to take a fucking pie....

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 03:51 AM

Ok now you end it....

Ahahahaha ok.

LOL,, I have a VW and it is JUNK,, My Toyota is much better. American cars are at least simple and easy to fix and not unnecessarily complicated like German cars. Shit working on a VW Turbo is like working on a Kinf Tiger Tank. No wonder the Germans lost WWII, their tanks were too complicated to work on and always needed to be repaired.

Oneeye
05-19-2018, 03:52 AM

Yeah, Greece has much more economic opportunities, doesn't it?

People crying about the American economy have no excuse... the market is up and jobs are plentiful right now.

Westbrook
05-19-2018, 03:54 AM

Ok now you end it....

Ahahahaha ok.

Oh I see what this is.

Oneeye
05-19-2018, 03:57 AM

Pays to take a pie? Is that a Greek expression?

Yes they're full of shit. Kindergarten through the 12th grade are all free with public schooling. And you can get Financial aid for further education if you're not making much money.

Furthermore there are healthcare programs... Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, Veterans Affairs, and whatnot.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 03:57 AM

NJ is one of the most taxed states in the USA I left NJ years ago because it was overtaxed. They have Medicaid and programs for the poor.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 04:00 AM

When I lived in NJ I had CHIP for my son's healthcare because I could not afford it otherwise. So every month I sent a check to NJ to pay for his healthcare I think it was around $100 a month. I was making about $35,000 a year back then. I remember being so happy when I got CHIP for him because he had no healthcare for months and needed shots and we had to bring him to a local clinic for the poor and a lot of immigrants were there.

Oneeye
05-19-2018, 04:04 AM
You will never be Europeans duel with it.

Your ancestors were criminals,plebs,whores,prostitutes,murderers,thiev es,and scums.
This shit dna runs in your infected blood.
You will never reach the spiritual level of Europe and Europeans.

As for the economics,you should make a gallop and take some answers from south Asians,Muslims,Africans and from third world countries to see witch continent they prefer for immigration.......

Yeah sure, which continent gives more freebies...

In my personal case, my ancestors carved a country the size of a continent, settling and developing the land from the Atlantic to the Pacific. ;)

Profileid
05-19-2018, 04:04 AM
Pays to take a pie? Is that a Greek expression?

Yes they're full of shit. Kindergarten through the 12th grade are all free with public schooling. And you can get Financial aid for further education if you're not making much money.

Furthermore there are healthcare programs... Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, Veterans Affairs, and whatnot.
I've tried explaining this to Euros SO MANY TIMES. They actually think people are just left out on the streets to die. None of the ones mouthing off about the American healthcare system seem to be aware of these programs.

Dragoon
05-19-2018, 04:05 AM
Lots of American "exceptionalism" in this topic.
USA likes to think in terms of bigger is better (whether its cars, money, or obesity). Most Americans have never left their country and have no clue how the world outside them.

The American model is bad. Here is what happens: The ultra rich get richer. The middle class is falling and poor are still poor.

From wikipedia:
a)U.S. income inequality has grown significantly since the early 1970s
b)The U.S. ranks around the 30th percentile in income inequality globally, meaning 70% of countries have a more equal income distribution
c)Had a great recession in 2007-2009
d)Social mobility is sharply reducing

e)This correlates with The relatively high rates of health problems and social problems, (obesity, mental illness, homicides, teenage births, incarceration, child conflict, drug use) and lower rates of social goods (life expectancy, educational performance, trust among strangers, women's status, social mobility, even numbers of patents issued per capita), in the US compared to other developed countries may be related to its high income inequality.

f)According to The New York Times, Canadian middle class incomes are now higher than those in the United States as of 2014, and some European nations are closing the gap as their citizens have been receiving higher raises than their American counterparts.[211] Bloomberg reported in August 2014 that only the wealthy saw pay increases since the 2008 recession, while average American workers saw no boost in their paychecks.[217]

g)The US has the biggest external debt of over 21 trillion dollars, in second place is UK with 8.5 trillion
h)A 2013 UNICEF report ranked the U.S. as having the second highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world.

Oneeye
05-19-2018, 04:06 AM
LOL,, I have a VW and it is JUNK,, My Toyota is much better. American cars are at least simple and easy to fix and not unnecessarily complicated like German cars. Shit working on a VW Turbo is like working on a Kinf Tiger Tank. No wonder the Germans lost WWII, their tanks were too complicated to work on and always needed to be repaired.

Frankly, Toyotas are more American now than GMC and Ford.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 04:09 AM
USA likes to think in terms of bigger is better (whether its cars, money, or obesity). Most Americans have never left their country and have no clue how the world outside them.

The American model is bad. Here is what happens: The ultra rich get richer. The middle class is falling and poor are still poor.

From wikipedia:
b)The U.S. ranks around the 30th percentile in income inequality globally, meaning 70% of countries have a more equal income distribution

e)This correlates with The relatively high rates of health problems and social problems, (obesity, mental illness, homicides, teenage births, incarceration, child conflict, drug use) and lower rates of social goods (life expectancy, educational performance, trust among strangers, women's status, social mobility, even numbers of patents issued per capita), in the US compared to other developed countries may be related to its high income inequality.

f)According to The New York Times, Canadian middle class incomes are now higher than those in the United States as of 2014, and some European nations are closing the gap as their citizens have been receiving higher raises than their American counterparts.[211] Bloomberg reported in August 2014 that only the wealthy saw pay increases since the 2008 recession, while average American workers saw no boost in their paychecks.[217]

g)The US has the biggest external debt of over 21 trillion dollars, in second place is UK with 8.5 trillion
h)A 2013 UNICEF report ranked the U.S. as having the second highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world.

Well, we do have problems and I mentioned that the gap between rich and poor is a serious problem but we still have a lot of opportunity in my country of over 300 million people. I have been to Canada and it is nice also but I do not think I would want to live there for many reasons.

jingorex
05-19-2018, 04:09 AM
I've tried explaining this to Euros SO MANY TIMES. They actually think people are just left out on the streets to die. None of the ones mouthing off about the American healthcare system seem to be aware of these programs.

they are NOT like us, sister.

more like cattle than free men.

you will never make them understand.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5wWf7GR2nhgamhRnEuA/giphy.gif

Profileid
05-19-2018, 04:13 AM

From wikipedia:

Notice how recent all of those problems are. Our society is like 300 years old and we were doing fine for most of that yet problems emerge in the last few decade. Yet it's somehow a problem with the American model!

Profileid
05-19-2018, 04:15 AM

American cars are shit imo. At least now. I'll only ever buy Jap because those things are cheap and run forever.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 04:16 AM

My Wife has a Prius and it is a great car,, I have a Suzuki and it is also great , it is easy to maintain and fix. The VW has issues and not the easiest to repair. I also believe a lot of American cars are now made in Mexico, but many are built in the southern USA were the unions are weak.

I just at times want to defend the Anglo-Saxon way of life as we are always looked at as the epitome of evil and all that is bad. We have done a hell of a lot of good things also. Even India as a colony of the Anglos was able to develop and get infrastructure they never had.

I may be a lot of things a liberal in many ways, BUT, I will defend my people and their way of life. I also am very conservative economically. I am proud to be an Anglo-Saxon. I will also teach my kids not to be ashamed of it. We are not that bad and made a country of over 300 million people very prosperous.

Oneeye
05-19-2018, 04:17 AM

From wikipedia:

The "inequality gap" is a bunch of nonsense. The American lower class is wealthier than 99% of the world..

https://b-i.forbesimg.com/timworstall/files/2013/06/inequality.png

Also, your data is outdated.. try after 2014's America for increase in wages:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/655310001

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 04:18 AM
American cars are shit imo. At least now. I'll only ever buy Jap because those things are cheap and run forever.

American cars now a days are actually very good quality. I would agree with you for cars over 10 years old they were not very reliable. But they are much better now.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 04:21 AM

We do still have problems healthcare in general is just too expensive which is bankrupting the country we need to get cost down.

Dragoon
05-19-2018, 05:17 AM
Notice how recent all of those problems are. Our society is like 300 years old and we were doing fine for most of that yet problems emerge in the last few decade. Yet it's somehow a problem with the American model!

Yes in some ways preferred the old America. Though some minor changes were needed.

Graham
05-19-2018, 05:23 AM
There is no such thing as an Anglo saxon model. It's economic liberalisation and America is a bit more liberal. There are only small differences.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 05:57 AM
There is no such thing as an Anglo saxon model. It's economic liberalisation and America is a bit more liberal. There are only small differences.

There are 4 models that economist refer too. The Anglo-Saxon is actually very similar to the Mediterranean model vs the others. They both tend to have lowest % of expenditures on government spending and lax social programs. However, the Anglo-Saxon model is relatively lightly regulated. London and NY are known for being huge financial centers due to the lax regulations. Portugal is sometimes considered to follow the Anglo-Saxon model.

Anglo-Saxon
Continential
Mediteranean
Nordic

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 06:00 AM

It's not about how productive a nation's economy actually is unless you think Saudia Arabia, Qatar, and the Cayman Islands are apparently economic power houses...

California, which is an economic basket case in American eyes (huge deficits) yet has the fifth largest economy in the world. In the world... not the 5th in the US... but the world. Google dat shit, bro.

The only actually productive European nation is Germany. Germany is basically keeping the EU afloat and that won't last for long. The German government sold out their economic future by allowing other Euro nations to ride on its productivity as the price of allowing East Germany and West Germany to come together. That was the price they had to pay and the country that named the price was France. France's banks were shaking and the economy going along with it and so they needed to pin its economy on that of Germany's through the Euro or suffer but instead of paying the piper in the 90s they'll pay the piper further down the road.

Everyone pays the piper in the end.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 06:17 AM
You don't understand what you linked. It's about PPP. It's not about how productive a nation's economy actually is unless you think Saudia Arabia, Qatar, and the Cayman Islands are apparently economic power houses...

California, which is an economic basket case in American eyes (huge deficits) yet has the fifth largest economy in the world. In the world... not the 5th in the US... but the world. Google dat shit, bro.

The only actually productive European nation is Germany. Germany is basically keeping the EU afloat and that won't last for long. The German government sold out their economic future by allowing other Euro nations to ride on its productivity for the price of allowing East Germany and West Germany to come together. That was the price they had to pay and the country that gave them the bill was France. France's economy was tanking and needed to pin its economy on that of the German economy through the Euro or suffer. Instead of paying the piper in the 90s they'll pay the piper further down the road.

Everyone pays the piper in the end.

I do think the French have some good points. They are very productive people and have a lot of unique products. The problem is they are running deficits year after year and cannot sustain their way of life.

I actually think Germany made an example of Greece to scare the French into fiscal discipline. Macron is trying to reform but he is having a hard time with this.

Now with South and East Asia rising we are going to see Europe run into real trouble even Germany will have a hard time in time competing with China,South Korea, and India.

In time they will be able to match Germany's quality at a lower price,, Germany needs to start transitioning their economy from being reliant on manufacturing to a more technical based economy if they want to be relevant.

We will see more radical governments in Europe Italy look like they will be the first Populist government in the West. This could get very ugly.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 06:45 AM
I do think the French have some good points. They are very productive people and have a lot of unique products. The problem is they are running deficits year after year and cannot sustain their way of life.

I actually think Germany made an example of Greece to scare the French into fiscal discipline. Macron is trying to reform but he is having a hard time with this.

Now with South and East Asia rising we are going to see Europe run into real trouble even Germany will have a hard time in time competing with China,South Korea, and India.

In time they will be able to match Germany's quality at a lower price,, Germany needs to start transitioning their economy from being reliant on manufacturing to a more technical based economy if they want to be relevant.

We will see more radical governments in Europe Italy look like they will be the first Populist government in the West. This could get very ugly.

The problem is politicians punish the productive to get votes from the unproductive and prefers to keep the unproductive in their situation. In the case of the UK you have jobs that are physically hard but necessary to do that immigrants will do (such as loading and unloading trucks) but native born people won't because you get more from the government than if you did hard manual labor (every so often they have to pretend they looked for work to get their money). An incentive is created to not work. An incentive is created to leech off of others and promoted by those who want votes. And of course when immigrants pick up on this many sign up for the dole. Why wouldn't they or most other people? Back breaking physical labor or sit at home and have your needs met? The difference between the one's loading and unloading trucks and those that are on welfare is that latter realized there was a way to get out of it.

The issue is more complicated than the above but at the heart of it all is votes and getting those votes by promising what no economy can provide in the long run.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 06:50 AM
http://c-5uwzmx78pmca09x24ax2evmeaemmsx2ekwu.g00.newsweek.c om/g00/3_c-5eee.vmeaemms.kwu_/c-5UWZMXPMCA09x24pbbx78x3ax2fx2fa.vmeaemms.kwux2faqb max2feee.vmeaemms.kwux2fnqtmax2fabgtmax2fncttx2fx7 8cjtqkx2f0894x2f84x2f85x2f8499abibmolx78a.rx78ox3f q98k.uizsx3dumlqi_$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$

The map above was created (with assistance from AEI’s graphic design director Olivier Ballou) by matching the economic output (GDP) in each U.S. state (and the District of Columbia) in 2015 to foreign countries with comparable nominal GDP last year, using data from the BEA for GDP by U.S. state and data for GDP by country from the International Monetary Fund.

For each U.S. state (and the District of Columbia), I identified the country closest in economic size in 2015 (measured by nominal GDP), and for each state there was a country with a pretty close match—those countries are displayed in the map above and in the table below. Obviously, in some cases the closest match was a country that produced slightly more, or slightly less, economic output in 2015 than a given U.S. state.

It’s pretty amazing how ridiculously large the U.S. economy is, and the map above helps put America’s GDP of $18 trillion in 2015 into perspective by comparing the GDP of U.S. states to other country’s entire national GDP. For example:

1. America’s largest state economy is California, which produced $2.44 trillion of economic output in 2015, just slightly above the GDP of France during the same period of $2.42 trillion.

Consider this: California has a workforce of about 19 million compared to an employment level in France of slightly more than 25 million workers. Amazingly, it required 56 percent (and 9 million) more workers in France to produce the same economic output last year as California! That’s a testament to the superior, world-class productivity of the American worker.

Further, California as a separate country would have been the sixth largest economy in the world last year, ahead of France ($2.42 trillion) and India ($2.09 trillion) and not too far behind No. 5 U.K. at $2.85 trillion.

Keep Up With This Story And More By Subscribing Now

2. America’s second largest state economy—Texas—produced $1.64 trillion of economic output in 2015, which would have ranked the Lone Star State as the world’s 10th largest economy last year, behind No. 9 Brazil with $1.77 trillion of economic output.

Although Brazil out-produced Texas last year by almost 8 percent, the workforce of Brazil is around 91 million employees compared to payroll employment in Texas of only about 12 million. So to produce just slightly more economic output last year, Brazil’s workforce is larger by almost 80 million workers compared to the U.S.!

3. Even with all of its oil wealth, Saudi Arabia’s GDP in 2015 at $653 billion was below the GDP of U.S. states like Pennsylvania ($680 billion) and Illinois ($768 billion).

4. America’s third largest state economy—New York with a GDP in 2015 of $1.45 trillion—produced nearly the same amount of economic output last year as Canada ($1.55 trillion) and would have ranked as the world’s 11th largest economy last year as a separate country, ahead of both South Korea ($1.38 trillion) and Russia ($1.32 trillion).

Amazingly, even though Canada produced about 7 percent more economic output last year than the state of New York, there are almost twice as many Canadian workers (about 18 million) as the number of workers employed in New York (9.2 million). Another example of the world-class productivity of the American workforce.

5. Other comparisons: Florida ($888 billion) produced about the same amount of GDP in 2015 as Indonesia ($858 billion), even though Florida’s workforce of 9.3 million is about 8 percent of Indonesia’s workforce of 115 million employees. GDP in Illinois last year of $768 billion was just slightly higher than economic output in the Netherlands ($738 billion), even though employment in Illinois (6.2 million workers) is about 25 percent below the employment level in the Netherlands (8.34 million workers).

Overall, the U.S. produced 24.5 percent of world GDP in 2015, with only about 4.5 percent of the world’s population. Three of America’s states (California, Texas and New York)—as separate countries—would have ranked in the world’s top 11 largest economies last year.

Together, those three US states produced $5.5 trillion in economic output last year, and as a separate country would have ranked as the world’s third largest economy and ahead of No. 3 Japan ($4.1 trillion) by almost $1.5 trillion.

And one of those states—California—produced more than $2 trillion in economic output in 2015—and the other two (Texas and New York) produced more than $1.6 trillion and $1.4 trillion of GDP in 2015 respectively.

Adjusted for the size of the workforce, there might not be any country in the world that produces as much output per worker as the US, thanks to the world-class productivity of the American workforce.

The map above and the statistics summarized here help remind us of the enormity of the economic powerhouse we live and work in. So let’s not lose sight of how ridiculously large and powerful the US economy is, and how much wealth, output and prosperity is being created every day in the largest economic engine ever in human history.
http://www.newsweek.com/economic-output-if-states-were-countries-california-would-be-france-467614

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 06:59 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/55/c4/49/55c449a80c6a7f1e38f01a0b41928287--support-our-troops-eagles.jpg

Why do you hate America?

I'm currently driving a Chevrolet Range Rover 2000

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 07:00 AM
http://c-5uwzmx78pmca09x24ax2evmeaemmsx2ekwu.g00.newsweek.c om/g00/3_c-5eee.vmeaemms.kwu_/c-5UWZMXPMCA09x24pbbx78x3ax2fx2fa.vmeaemms.kwux2faqb max2feee.vmeaemms.kwux2fnqtmax2fabgtmax2fncttx2fx7 8cjtqkx2f0894x2f84x2f85x2f8499abibmolx78a.rx78ox3f q98k.uizsx3dumlqi_$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$/$

California recently surpassed the UK's economy also.
CALIFORNIA BEATS U.K. AS WORLD'S FIFTH BIGGEST ECONOMY

http://www.newsweek.com/california-beats-uk-worlds-fifth-biggest-economy-911879

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 07:06 AM
We do still have problems healthcare in general is just too expensive which is bankrupting the country we need to get cost down.

The issue can be resolved easily by allowing people to choose what they want to be covered under. Currently people are forced to be covered over a number things that doesn't realistically apply to them. They may not have a family history of such conditions.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 07:14 AM
The issue can be resolved easily by allowing people to choose what they want to be covered under. Currently people are forced to be covered over a number things that doesn't realistically apply to them.

It requires more than that to keep cost down,, you are repeating a republican talking point which is a red herring. The cost for everything is too high. Open Heart Surgery is $100,000 in the USA and $16,000 in Canada that is the the REAL problem.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 07:23 AM

https://cdn.lowkickmma.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/110813-UFC-Memes-HF-G1_20131108220442287_600_40011.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9oXskuqZrs

http://www.americaneaglecp.com/assets/img/home/eagle.jpg

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 07:26 AM
It requires more than that to keep cost down,, you are repeating a republican talking point which is a red herring. The cost for everything is too high. Open Heart Surgery is $100,000 in the USA and $16,000 in Canada that is the the REAL problem.

lol, Republicans don't argue what I'm arguing for. I'm saying you should be allowed to choose specifically what you'll be covered under. If there isn't a history of heart disease in your family and you live a healthy lifestyle, then you should have the option to not to be covered for heart disease. That would lower the cost of your health of insurance.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 07:28 AM
lol, Republicans don't argue what I'm arguing for. I'm saying you should be allowed to choose specifically what you'll be covered under. If there isn't a history of heart disease in your family and you take care of yourself then you should have the option of not being covered for heart disease. That would lower the cost of your health of insurance.

That doesn't make much sense how are you going to know if you are going to get terminal cancer? It is not something people plan for.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 07:40 AM
That doesn't make much sense how are you going to know if you are going to get terminal cancer? It is not something people plan for.

What is difficult to understand? If you fear getting cancer then by all means take up the option to be covered for specific cancer treatments.

There is no history of heart disease in my family. I don't need to be covered under it.

I don't smoke or do any work that would cause me to have lung cancer. So I prefer not to be covered for lung cancer. It's not necessary.
The likelihood of me having lung cancer is so insignificant.

Do you remove colon polyps? You should. The odds of getting colon cancer drops substantially. So on and so forth...

You understand now?

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Colon cancer affects 1 in 20 Americans, and it all begins with a tiny polyp. Small clumps of cells, called polyps, begin to form on the lining of the colon. Usually, these cells are benign, but many polyps can develop into cancer if they are not removed. If left to develop, colon polyps can advance into colon cancer and spread throughout the body.

Although most cases of colon cancer occur in individuals above the age of 50, anyone at any age can develop a polyp. There are specific risk factors that increase the risk for developing polyps. Some of these risk factors are:

Family history of colon cancer
Personal history of colon polyps
Obesity
Smoking
Age—over 50 years of age

What a relief. None of the above applies to me.

Petalpusher
05-19-2018, 07:48 AM

Also Uzbekistan surpassed Luxembourg's economy and Angola beats New Hampshire. Where did you guys learn economy, in a kinder surprise?

There s nothing to compare between a state and nations in any serious way.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 07:52 AM
Also Uzbekistan surpassed Luxembourg's economy and Angola beats New Hampshire. Where did you guys learn economy, in a kinder surprise?

LOL.. California has ONLY 40 Million people. France and the UK have 20 million more people. Obviously per capita California is much richer.

Luxembourg has 500,000 people.Uzbekistan has 31 million people.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 08:02 AM

I'll give you a moment to read the article I posted and then you can ask the admin to delete your post before anyone else reads it. That way you can save face.

You can take a region/state and compare it in any way you like to an entire nation. The only difference between a region/state and a nation is political, not economic. If Texas became independent would its economy economy now be relevant as a comparison to another nation? What is the change other than political?

Petalpusher
05-19-2018, 08:06 AM
LOL.. California has ONLY 40 Million people. France and the UK have 20 million more people. Obviously per capita California is much richer.

Luxembourg has 500,000 people.Uzbekistan has 31 million people.

And Monaco is 2km2 like a three streets crowded town, does it make your 2km2 neighbourhood which is thousands of times poorer, living as a thirld world country compared to Monaco? It's not how it works.

I'll give you a moment to read the article I posted and then you can ask the admin to delete your post before anyone else reads it. That way you can save face.

You can take a region/state and compare it in any way you like to another entire nation. The only difference between a region/state and a nation is political. It's not economic.

I read the article. There s nothing to compare, how income, taxes and expenditures, infrastructures,.. are spread on an entire nation, and a state, even in the US system.

JohnSmith
05-19-2018, 08:12 AM
And Monaco is 2km2 like a three streets crowded town, does it make your 2km2 neighbourhood which is thousands of times poorer, living as a thirld world country compared to Monaco? It's not how it works.

Economics is not that hard to quantify it is a numbers game. Do not get me wrong France has a lot of good things and is a powerful economic country. I just think Europe is on the downfall.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 08:21 AM

Please explain to us all how it works.

I read the article. There s nothing to compare, how income, taxes and expenditures are spread on an entire nation, and a state even in the US system.

Would I be correct to say this answers my question above? I'm in total shock that differences in 'taxes and expenditures' has an effect on the health of an economy (sarcasm). Explain how federal taxes are different from one state to another, please. What expenditures are you speaking of at the federal level that effects economic growth in these states?

Petalpusher
05-19-2018, 08:58 AM
Economics is not that hard to quantify it is a numbers game.

Precisely not. If California tomorrow was to become an independant nation there would have to run countless new economic systems on their own, we could make a one page list of it. They would even need an army and a space program, diplomatic relationships, nation loans,.. to become truely autonomous. It would massively hamper how much raw growth they can produce. The Silicon Valley already thinks the state limit their business eventhough it's currently very advantageous compared to a nation, they think of having their own islands and whatnot. If California was becoming a country they would fly away from it the next day.
It's ridiculous to compare a core economic state like that to UK, as much as it would with Monaco to an heavily industrialized comparable area of Europe.

Graham
05-19-2018, 08:59 AM
America will always do well compared to some European nations when it can demolish and rebuild and with its high rate of incomers. The place grows.

Compare that to say Italy where you can't improve on places that are near perfect.

You'll never have a Prague or Bruges in America but you'll get good portions of food.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 09:16 AM
America will always do well compared to some European nations when it can demolish and rebuild and with its high rate of incomers. The place grows.

Compare that to say Italy where you can't improve on places that are near perfect.

You'll never have a Prague or Bruges in America but you'll get good portions of food.

People go where there is an opportunity to live better. It doesn't matter if it's Europe or the US. Of course 'to live better' could mean economic opportunity or live off the state. Many of your countrymen in the medical field are coming to the US because the way your healthcare system is set up makes it difficult for them to make a good living like they would in the US. They're being replaced by Indians and other foreigners but mostly Indians. Well, that was before Obamacare. I don't know if they're so keen on working in the US now. My own personal doctor since I was 14 or so won't accept any insurance now. He doesn't want to deal with the insurance companies.

He's a nice guy. Has a TV show. I never asked for an autograph cuz I'm chill.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Precisely not. If California tomorrow was to become an independant nation there would have to run countless new economic systems on their own, we could make a one page list of it. They would even need an army and a space program, diplomatic relationships, nation loans,.. to become truely autonomous. It would massively hamper how much raw growth they can produce. The Silicon Valley already thinks the state limit their business eventhough it's currently very advantageous compared to a nation, they think of having their own islands and whatnot. If California was becoming a country they would fly away from it the next day.

Do all nations have a space program? Why assume diplomatic relationships would be any different than what they currently are as part of the US? What 'economic systems' would be in place that aren't already in place at the state level? Would they need a large army or simply keep an alliance with a greater power (such as the US) which many nations do.

You're simply knitpicking. It doesn't change the fact that California has a powerful economy above that of many nations. Even if you take all you said to heart would it drop down the list like a rock? No, it wouldn't. It would still be highly competitive. More so than most European nations.

It's ridiculous to compare a core economic state like that to UK, as much as it would with Monaco to an heavily industrialized comparable area of Europe.

We're comparing apples with apples (a nation state with a nation state). A political entity with its own economy. If someone says Monaco isn't as economically powerful as the UK would someone say, "But... but.. Monaco is just a tiny little place that isn't heavily industrialized!'

No, they'd say, "Yeah, you're right."

Petalpusher
05-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Do all nations have a space program? Why assume diplomatic relationships would be any different than what they currently are as part of the US? What 'economic systems' would be in place that aren't already in place at the state level? Would they need a large army or simply keep an alliance with a greater power (such as the US) which many nations do.

You're simply knitpicking. It doesn't change the fact that California has a powerful economy above that of many nations. Even if you take all you said to heart would it drop down the list like a rock? No, it wouldn't. It would still be highly competitive. More so than most European nations.

Then it wouldn't be comparable to an European country if you are just subcontracting everything that matters as a sovereign nation to the US, that was the point. Make it truely autonomous and then it begins to be comparable. This is the US model the EU is trying and failing to apply at the level of Europe, it's the whole idea behind it because it's very advantageous economically to run states like this over a megastructure, except there s no common culture and language which makes it almost impossible here (hopefully)

The thing is nobody would compare in Europe the regions of London, Paris or Munich to say Austria, which are economical command centers concentrating mechanically a disproportionate share of the economy and wealth within their nations just like California does in America but also clearly because there s a whole nation behind them, without it they wouldn't look as good. Austria is a very rich and developped country in the world but it would look poor in your "apple to apple" standing, yet more populated and with more territory next to these regions of Europe.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Then it wouldn't be comparable to an European country if you are just subcontracting everything that matters as a sovereign nation to the US, that was the point.

Other than military there is nothing I brought up that would be 'subcontracting' to the US. I specifically pointed that you already have everything you need for a nation at the state level that isn't currently being funded by the Federal government.

However all of this is irrelevant for the following reason below.

Make it truely autonomous and then it begins to be comparable. This is the US model the EU is trying and failing to apply at the level of Europe, it's the whole idea behind it because it's very advantageous economically to run states like this over a megastructure, except there s no common culture and language which makes it almost impossible here (hopefully)

The EU doesn't have a common culture but it does have a common language. English is the language of business in Europe. When my cousin goes to Germany to do business it's all in English. When he is hosting it's all in English. So this point of yours is irrelevant.

The relevance of culture is simply about values and I can tell you - as all Americans can - there is a difference that is just as big in Europe between nations as there is in regions of the US. Doing business in California is very different than doing business in New York City. As one person told me one everything moves slower in California. In the south personal relationships in business are important. On the East Coast not so much.

The thing is nobody would compare in Europe the regions of London, Paris or Munich to say Austria, which are economical command centers concentrating mechanically a disproportionate share of the economy and wealth within their nations just like California does in America but also clearly because there s a whole nation behind them, without it they wouldn't look as good. Austria is a very rich and developped country in the world but it would look poor in your "apple to apple" standing, yet more populated and with more territory next to these regions of Europe.

It's not just California. It's a number of US states (Texas and NY, for example). We're speaking about the GDP of individual US states compared to nations in Europe (and GDP only touches on the economic infrastructure and human capital but doesn't give the whole picture. Hence why Qatar has such a great GDP but it says nothing about the actual strength of its economy). You point out that California has the whole of the US behind it. Does not France have the whole of the EU behind it? There are more productive US states who like some EU nations give far more than they receive.

Your example of comparing London to Austria as an example of comparing US states with European nations doesn't work for the following reason: London couldn't stand on its own if it decided to be Europe's Signapore. It needs the rest of the country but California could stand on its own. So could Texas. So could NY and so could Massachusetts. Their economic strength is based within their state. They have everything they need to be an independent country. In truth the US is 50 semi-autonomous states that agree to be bound together. A US state can have very different laws than its neighbors. Laws that can also effect economic productivity (many New Yorkers come to NJ to buy in bulk to avoid NY's higher sales tax, for example).

The only point you made was they would have to pay for their own military. The nation guard is mostly founded with Federal dollars but then again all those states I mention contribute far more in Federal dollars than other states because they are so economically productive.

Petalpusher
05-19-2018, 03:45 PM
Other than military there is nothing I brought up that would be 'subcontracting' to the US. I specifically pointed that you already have everything you need for a nation at the state level that isn't currently being funded by the Federal government.

It's not because you didn't point them they don't exist. Another relevant one is energy for example, California has only one viable nuclear power plant, it imports plenty of energy from other states, some have none and basically every states are interdependant from each others. Of course now they try to be more autonomous with renewable energies that will cost less but they have benefited of the US as whole for decades. Even if there wasn't economic advantages, each Europe's sovereignty is based on the fear of wars, or the absence of trust, everybody had to build their own infrastructures like no one could exchange or even sell you anything.

We could go on and on, you just don't seem to realize how costs would pile up if California or any other state for that matter was running on its own like in Europe. Any decent European country with the running costs of California would see its economy skyrocket because of everything a country has to run on his own weighs on the economical environement for businesses. Corporate taxes are higher than in most of the US but it would be ridiculously low in Europe, which are 2 to 3 times higher in the big three.

Overall it's the same thing with companies that get partionned and rebranded in subgroups so they spread plenty of costs even if they are presented as independant companies.
There s that part, and also again, it's the state with the most active economy in the US, this is like saying we are picking apart the most productive area/population of Europe and lets compare it with a complete country while running empty on taxes, it's not serious other than for the thrill of the anecdote like in the article.

The EU doesn't have a common culture but it does have a common language. English is the language of business in Europe. When my cousin goes to Germany to do business it's all in English. When he is hosting it's all in English. So this point of yours is irrelevant.
It's not, you just have to go to Bruxelles, to see the bunch of cotoreps running the UE with headphones and the translators in cabines behind. The language is probably the toughest barrier, not to do businesses per say but to unify effectively the EU.

Does not France have the whole of the EU behind it? There are more productive US states who like some EU nations give far more than they receive.

You must really be kidding. The UE costs us more than we get back of it, i mean factually it has been proven, but even in theory and in any economical model, this is why the majority of the countries would leave it if they were given the choice like UK, i guess even most eastern countries, but probably for other reasons than economy. Let's not even talk about the currency, however since the introduction of the Euro, at least now we can monopoly print a money almost as fake as the dollar is.