PDA

View Full Version : Erdogan visits Germany and donīt want Assimilation

Arne
03-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Discuss .

Source http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,14876788,00.html

Turkey | 27.02.2011
Merkel, Erdogan to open CeBIT trade fair amid tensions

Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan and Chancellor Merkel jointly opened the CeBIT trade fair Monday evening. Earlier, Erdogan criticized the German leader's integration policies and stance on Turkey's EU membership bid.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan opened the information technology trade fair CeBIT in Hanover on Monday along with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, following his sharp criticism of German government policies on integration and EU accession on the weekend.

Turkey is the official partner country at this year's CeBit.

Erdogan kicked off his visit on Sunday with a speech to a crowd of 10,000 mainly Turkish residents living in Germany, at Düsseldorf's ISS Dome indoor arena. He pledged them support and said that, while Turks living in Germany should integrate, they should not be forced to assimilate and lose their culture.

"I say yes to integration. We must integrate into society," he said before adding, "No one should be able to rip us away from our culture. Our children must learn German but, first, they must learn Turkish."

In an interview with German daily Rheinische Post ahead of the visit, Erdogan added that policies aimed at encouraging ethnic Turks to speak German as their mother tongue and give up Turkish culture were a "violation of international law."

Don
03-04-2011, 01:09 AM
He says (as many other leaders of Cuckoo Nations) Yes to invasion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Cuckoo

Oreka Bailoak
03-04-2011, 01:16 AM
In other words, the Turkish living in Germany view themselves as Muslims first and Germans second. And then Erdogan visits them and wants them to see themselves as Muslim/Turks first and Germans second.

And Germans are supposed to just see everyone as equals regardless of culture, heritage and religion to be politically correct. That just doesn't seem fair to me. If Turks can value their culture and heritage why cannot Germans also?

I doubt Turks would be so willing to integrate lots of Germans into Turkey and allow them to hold onto their culture, heritage and religion- Turks would want assimilation. Could this be a future sign of what is to come in Germany? A desire by Turks to assimilate Germans into their culture and religion? I think so.

With the birth rates of Muslims in Germany I don't like the direction this is going in the future.

Zankapfel
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
I think advocating genocide is forbidden in this forum, so I'm just going to shut up about this one :)

Magister Eckhart
03-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Next thing you know they'll be setting up a Caliphate in Berlin. They could never get their hands on Vienna, so I guess it's the next best thing. :tsk:

Gaztelu
03-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Once again, Turks love to fuck things up. I hope the Serbs, Russians, and Greeks reconquer Constantinople one day.

Crossbow
03-04-2011, 09:51 AM
The message of Erdogan is not new, as you can see here (http://www.expatica.com/de/news/local_news/Erdogan-cheered-by-16_000-Turks-in-Cologne-.html).

The man is just repeating the message and he probably will continue do so in the future.