PDA

View Full Version : Briton offered job after roadside sandwich-board ad

Skandi
02-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Briton offered job after roadside sandwich-board ad
Yesterday, 10:41 pm

I would give him a job too! You can be sure he's going to try and seems to have some good original ideas :)

Amidst the highest level of unemployment in Britain in a decade, a 39-year-old man has been offered a job after standing by a major highway advertising his services as an engineer on a sandwich board. Skip related content
Related photos / videos A man walks past a recruitment company window displaying job vacancies in southwest London Enlarge photo Jason Fruen spent several hours on two days last week on the side of the M60 motorway near Manchester, northwest England, wearing a sign around his neck reading, "Mechanical maintenance engineer seeking employment" along with his phone number before being offered a job.

"I've still got a mortgage to pay, that's why I was out there doing it," the father-of-one told BBC Radio.

"I've still got the cost of living and my bills to pay and I needed a job to do it."

Fruen, who did not specify the company he would be working for, said he gave an interview to the firm before they offered him the position.

He was originally made redundant in September, and adopted a similar tactic just before Christmas, earning him seasonal work with a firm in Manchester that ended earlier this month.

"I got that job using this board and I've used it again," he said.

With Britain having fallen into recession in the second half of last year, the official unemployment rate has hit its highest level for about 10 years, data showed earlier this month.

source (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090222/tod-briton-offered-job-after-roadside-sa-6058bda.html)

Treffie
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Good idea, I was wondering what my contingency plan would be if the worst came to the worst. :thumb001: