PDA

View Full Version : Greeks(Guess region)

Dorian
05-23-2018, 01:30 PM
+State main phenotypes
https://s9.postimg.cc/blaknc373/gcmen1.png (https://postimg.cc/image/efdq0s5d7/)

https://s9.postimg.cc/peyxcd0xb/gcmen2.png (https://postimg.cc/image/aj0e4rpij/)

https://s9.postimg.cc/6zegf29z3/gcmen3.png (https://postimg.cc/image/g76ovrh17/)

https://s9.postimg.cc/6mn28up4f/gcwomen1.png (https://postimg.cc/image/by1ytkb6z/)

https://s9.postimg.cc/3sjwuz7e7/gcwomen2.png (https://postimg.cc/image/sykv1t8ob/)

Sikeliot
05-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Close to Sicilians. Especially the women. The men look slightly Balkan by comparison but the women look familiar.

Crete, Dodecanese or Mani?

Message me the answer :)

MEDACHE
05-23-2018, 01:37 PM
ugly lot

cyprus

Papastratosels26
05-23-2018, 01:37 PM
Cretans?

frdfgcg
05-23-2018, 01:42 PM
Men look Turks.

frdfgcg
05-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Women look Levante or Sicilians.

Sikeliot
05-23-2018, 01:49 PM
They have to be islanders I think. They would not be from the mainland except possibly far south Peloponnese.

Vigilance
05-23-2018, 02:23 PM
I see Arabid influence in a few no suprise J ydna...

Sikeliot
05-23-2018, 02:23 PM
When will the answer be revealed?

Dorian
05-23-2018, 04:09 PM
When will the answer be revealed?

I sent you in PM,has it been sent?

Teucer
05-23-2018, 04:17 PM
I can see it now.

Inb4 the "they must be descended from Anatolian Greeks" if they are from the mainland and not the islands

nightrider+
05-23-2018, 04:19 PM
Crete

Aspar
05-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Close to Sicilians. Especially the women. The men look slightly Balkan by comparison but the women look familiar.

Crete, Dodecanese or Mani?

Message me the answer :)

I don't know how do you define "Balkan" look but these men don't look like any Balkan ethnic group...
There are no Albanians, Serbs, Bulgarians or any other ethnicity that look remotely like these men...

Livin
05-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Cretans or anatolian greeks!!!

Hylates
05-23-2018, 07:03 PM
I recognize Cypriots . From how many regions those people are ?? 3 ??

Voskos
05-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Peloponnesians.

Dorian
05-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Medache and Hylates found it!

Hylates
05-23-2018, 07:15 PM
Such a diversity exist Only in Cyprus ..

Voskos
05-23-2018, 07:15 PM
Medache and Hylates found it!

to me these people really looked like mainlanders. i would have never guessed cypriots.

Voskos
05-23-2018, 07:19 PM
By the way they look more mainlandish than Cretans, and I'm not joking. At least this lot.

Hylates
05-23-2018, 07:23 PM
By the way they look more mainlandish than Cretans, and I'm not joking. At least this lot.

Well that's why i was tricked and thought that those people come from different regions instead of only one . Some do look more mainland _ but its also common in Cy to find people that look Greek .

Voskos
05-23-2018, 07:27 PM
Well that's why i was tricked and thought that those people come from different regions instead of only one . Some do look more mainland _ but its also common in Cy to find people that look Greek .

i been to cyprus but a long time ago. i remember the island culturally felt more Greek than some regions of Greece, but I dont remember the phenotypes tbh, other than the fact the women were pretty.

KingOf
05-23-2018, 07:27 PM
As a group there are some looks that are absent for them to be from Mainland but still regional diversity in Greece is very exaggerated in this forum.
Greece has diverse looks but this diversity exists among regions themselves and is not created by them like it is projected here.
Good looking people!

kleenex
05-23-2018, 08:59 PM
They have to be islanders I think. They would not be from the mainland except possibly far south Peloponnese.

A couple of the men could be from Mani but if your talking about the darker types I would say Maniates have different features ( non Armenoid noses). These images show a stronger Eastern affinity. I would guess closer to Cyprus and minimally Dodecanese.

kleenex
05-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Peloponnesians.

Ive spent a good deal of time in Messinia and Arcadia and there are just a couple from this group that I would identify as Pelopennesian looking. Italians are differentiated regionally why not Greeks?I do see a general variation between regions particularly between the mainland (both North and Soutj) and the Eastern Aegean islands. I find it interesting particularly given the genetic correlation

Sikeliot
05-23-2018, 09:37 PM
I don't think these people look overall to be mainland Greek, I think they look much too Near Eastern for that as a group.

Hylates
05-23-2018, 09:38 PM
A couple of the men could be from Mani but if your talking about the darker types I would say Maniates have different features ( non Armenoid noses). These images show a stronger Eastern affinity. I would guess closer to Cyprus and minimally Dodecanese.

Haven't seen much of armenoid noses on the Males pics tbh . Females show more of armenoid . Though some of those male Cypriots DO look very MENA related ?!

Hylates
05-23-2018, 09:48 PM
I don't think these people look overall to be mainland Greek, I think they look much too Near Eastern for that as a group.

Well Not all . But many of them can pass as Mainlanders . Actually, from those pics i wouldn't be surprised that some of them are actual mainlanders that live and work here .

Sikeliot
05-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Well Not all . But many of them can pass as Mainlanders . Actually, from those pics i wouldn't be surprised that some of them are actual mainlanders that live and work here .

So would you say the Cypriots pictured do not look wholly Levantine then?

nightrider+
05-23-2018, 10:19 PM

Some of them pass indeed but as a group they are too uniformly dark pigmented. There doesn't seem to be even one light eyed individual in there. Light eyes are quite common in Crete for example. Also, like 80% of them are black haired.

Dorian
05-23-2018, 11:14 PM
I took the photos from here http://www.facebook.com/pg/feelfamous.com.cy/photos/?tab=albums
I've seen dozens of albums and what I've noticed is that quite a lot Cypriot women have the almond shape eyes like Maria Kallas,I guess it is an east med feature.

Hylates
05-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Some of them pass indeed but as a group they are too uniformly dark pigmented. There doesn't seem to be even one light eyed individual in there. Light eyes are quite common in Crete for example. Also, like 80% of them are black haired.

That's true _ most of the Cypriots are Dark eyed people( including me ) . We have a good amount of Green eyed ones but Blue eyes are rare .

Hylates
05-24-2018, 07:46 AM
I took the photos from here http://www.facebook.com/pg/feelfamous.com.cy/photos/?tab=albums
I've seen dozens of albums and what I've noticed is that quite a lot Cypriot women have the almond shape eyes like Maria Kallas,I guess it is an east med feature.

Yes i noticed that . Shows mostly on Women .

Livin
05-24-2018, 07:50 AM
Yes i noticed that . Shows mostly on Women .

You have nice chicks!!!

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 07:56 AM
As a group they pass allover the peloponnese (except of the central part of the region), sterea (except of the mountains of aitoloakarnania), North Aegean, cyclades and Crete

To a lower degree but still as a group in magnesia, specific parts of larisa, in thrace and southeastern Macedonia

In epirus, northwestern Macedonia, central peloponnese, and most of thessaly all of them pass as individuals, but not as a group

nightrider+
05-24-2018, 12:00 PM
As a group they pass allover the peloponnese (except of the central part of the region), sterea (except of the mountains of aitoloakarnania), North Aegean, cyclades and Crete

To a lower degree but still as a group in magnesia, specific parts of larisa, in thrace and southeastern Macedonia

In epirus, northwestern Macedonia, central peloponnese, and most of thessaly all of them pass as individuals, but not as a groupLmao. Coming from the guy who claims no Albanian can ever pass in Greece, but Cypriots who are much more unrelated genetically somehow pass everywhere as a group. :icon_lol:

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Lmao. Coming from the guy who claims no Albanian can ever pass in Greece, but Cypriots who are much more unrelated genetically somehow pass everywhere as a group. :icon_lol:

I am not supposed to respond to trolling, just to inform you that the same would be told by any Greek, I suppose because it's the reality we experience here there is nothing wrong about my post

And since you seem to live abroad, here in Greece there are particular stereotypes about Albanian facial structure, something that you will not listen about Cypriotes

nightrider+
05-24-2018, 12:40 PM
I am not supposed to respond to trolling, just to inform you that the same would be told by any Greek, I suppose because it's the reality we experience here there is nothing wrong about my post

And since you seem to live abroad, here in Greece there are particular stereotypes about Albanian facial structure, something that you will not listen about Cypriotes

Now, other than being Arvanite, I live abroad too? :icon_lol:

Actually, I've heard stereotypes about Cypriots and even though you can usually spot Albanians, it's probably even easier to spot Cyrpiots, even in Athens where mainlanders are a minority.

The only one trolling here is you. Just because you look like a Cypriot, it doesn't mean everyone in Greece does.

Dorian
05-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Lmao. Coming from the guy who claims no Albanian can ever pass in Greece, but Cypriots who are much more unrelated genetically somehow pass everywhere as a group. :icon_lol:

I'm not good at genetics,calculators and all that,unfortunately I don't understand them but except one thing,there are components ,while the percentages of those components make cypriots different from us,aren't most components the same with Greek ones?as you said or someone else said it,if you look at these people individually they all pass at some place in Greece,even the exotic ones you could say they are some kind of exotic Maniots like the typical two of Golden dawn.

Sikeliot
05-24-2018, 12:42 PM

Albanians may have a distinct facial structure but the Cypriots pictured have a Levantine one, especially the women.

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Albanians may have a distinct facial structure but the Cypriots pictured have a Levantine one, especially the women.

For sure, both differ, but Cypriots differ mostly in terms of skin/hair color, and slightly in terms of facial structure, meanwhile Albanians have a very different facial structure

nightrider+
05-24-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm not good at genetics,calculators and all that,unfortunately I don't understand them but except one thing,there are components ,while the percentages of those components make cypriots different from us,aren't most components the same with Greek ones?as you said or someone else said it,if you look at these people individually they all pass at some place in Greece,even the exotic ones you could say they are some kind of exotic Maniots like the typical two of Golden dawn.

I already said that many pass but this guy claims that they can pass as a group in most of Greece (which is ridiculous) and at the same Albanians can never pass even individually despite being much closer by autosomal, y-dna, mtdna, ibd and sharing a land border with Greece. I know brennus is insane but this is too much even for him.

Dorian
05-24-2018, 12:48 PM
I already said that many pass but this guy claims that they can pass as a group in most of Greece (which is ridiculous) and at the same Albanians can never pass even individually despite being much closer by autosomal, y-dna, mtdna, ibd and sharing a land border with Greece. I know brennus is insane but this is too much even for him.

Well yes I don't agree that they can pass as a group in most Greece besides some specific places that have already been mentioned.

Sikeliot
05-24-2018, 12:50 PM
What is interesting to me is the Cypriot women pictured look more like Sicilians to me than the men do. There is something different about the men, but nearly all of the women would pass even if some are exotic.

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Well yes I don't agree that they can pass as a group in most Greece besides some specific places that have already been mentioned.

The places I mentioned, I excluded particular parts of the country where neither them nor most of Greeks themselves pass, like the predominantly brachycephal lands of nightrider where Albanians pass as more native than Greeks themselves

nightrider+
05-24-2018, 12:58 PM
The places I mentioned, I excluded particular parts of the country where neither them nor most of Greeks themselves pass, like the brachycephal lands of nightrider where Albanians pass as more native than Greeks themselves

The brachycephal lands as 80% of the mainland and islands? We've gone through this already, nutjob, and once again you refuse to accept reality.

Cyprus is brachycephalic too btw.
http://fyletika.blogspot.gr/2014/05/blog-post_19.html

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 01:00 PM
The brachycephal lands as 80% of the mainland and islands? We've gone through this already, nutjob, and once again you refuse to accept reality.

I have already posted 3 studies saying that brachycephal lands are 20%-49% of Greece INCLUDING PONTIANS and linguistic minorities, you have posted zero

We knew you are an idiot but this is too much even for you

Thanas Django
05-24-2018, 01:03 PM
What is interesting to me is the Cypriot women pictured look more like Sicilians to me than the men do. There is something different about the men, but nearly all of the women would pass even if some are exotic.

Have you considered it might be the way they dress or use make-up.

I met Sicilians when I was a student and even though they had similar faces there was something about the way they carried themselves, the way they expressed themselves in different situations that set them apart from Cypriots and Greeks I knew.

Sikeliot
05-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Have you considered it might be the way they dress or use make-up.

I met Sicilians when I was a student and even though they had similar faces there was something about the way they carried themselves, the way they expressed themselves in different situations that set them apart from Cypriots and Greeks I knew.

Those elements you speak of that differentiate them are something that cannot be captured in photographs, so it would be difficult for me to differentiate them going just by physical features. I would say in terms of features, Sicilians and Cypriots look closer than either one to mainland Greeks.

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Those elements you speak of that differentiate them are something that cannot be captured in photographs, so it would be difficult for me to differentiate them going just by physical features. I would say in terms of features, Sicilians and Cypriots look closer than either one to mainland Greeks.

Make up can't be captured?

nightrider+
05-24-2018, 01:08 PM
I have already posted 3 studies saying that brachycephal lands are 20%-49% of Greece INCLUDING PONTIANS and linguistic minorities, you have posted zero

We knew you are an idiot but this is too much even for you

Anyone can go back and read this thread. I've shown you like 7-8 different studies where most of Greece had an 82+ cephalic index average. The only thing you had was a half-arsed map that disregarded its sources. When you realized it you tried to switch to facial index (probably because you just then understood what cephalic index is). Here is another study from late 19th century. It only includes then Greek lands as north as Thessaly. 50,8% brachycephalic, 27,6 dolicho, the rest meso: http://fyletika.blogspot.gr/2015/02/blog-post_24.html

Also look above for your "dolichocephalic" Cypriots. :icon_lol:

Jesus, in any serious forum you would have been banned for trolling and shitposting ages ago.

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Anyone can go back and read this thread. I've shown you like 7-8 different studies where most of Greece had an 82+ cephalic index average. The only thing you had was a half-arsed map that disregarded its sources. When you realized it you tried to switch to facial index (probably because you just then understood what cephalic index is). Here is another study from late 19th century. It only includes then Greek lands as north as Thessaly. 50,8% brachycephalic, 27,6 dolicho, the rest meso: http://fyletika.blogspot.gr/2015/02/blog-post_24.html

Jesus, in any serious forum you would have been banned for trolling and shitposting ages ago.

No, you have posted only one study (the particular) which is controversial to 3 different studies I posted, which as you said can be found in the other thread showing 70-51% of Greeks as dolicho-mesocephal

And when did I say that Cypriots are dolichophalic, dumb?

You on contrary have already been banned once for shitposting, a sample of how much a "quality poster" you are and how seriously you are taken :D

Thanas Django
05-24-2018, 01:18 PM

Make-up is for example one of the reasons I can't put Lebanese and Cypriot club photos in the same basket.

Maybe if we had pictures of Lebanese and Cypriot women without make up on we would reach different conclusions in your threads.

Sikeliot
05-24-2018, 01:19 PM
Make-up is for example one of the reasons I can't put Lebanese and Cypriot club photos in the same basket.

Maybe if we had pictures of Lebanese and Cypriot women without make up on we would reach different conclusions in your threads.

My opinion is if you had to compare Sicilians to Cypriots, Sicily is slightly more "western European" but I think in general, the overall look is closer to Cypriots than either is to most mainland Greeks.

nightrider+
05-24-2018, 01:38 PM
No, you have posted only one study (the particular) which is controversial to 3 different studies I posted, which as you said can be found in the other thread showing 70-51% of Greeks as dolicho-mesocephal

And when did I say that Cypriots are dolichophalic, dumb?

You on contrary have already been banned once for shitposting, a sample of how much a "quality poster" you are and how seriously you are taken :D

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?245552-Greece-is-mainly-brachycephalic-land

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 03:18 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?245552-Greece-is-mainly-brachycephalic-land

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?245565-Greece-is-mainly-Dolichomesocephalic-land&p=5156594#post5156594

Wrong
05-24-2018, 04:16 PM

brennus cux gallorum has zero clue on the basics of cephalic index.

brennus dux gallorum
05-24-2018, 05:03 PM
brennus cux gallorum has zero clue on the basics of cephalic index.

And so do Anthropologists, now stop wasting my time