PDA

View Full Version : Who are the friendliest East Asians?

Iloko
05-27-2018, 01:37 AM
generally speaking... in overall generalized temperament and interactive quality

Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Mongolian

dperucca
05-27-2018, 01:48 AM
Chinese from my experience. Japanese are more polite though lol

Iloko
05-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Chinese from my experience. Japanese are more polite though lol
I've never visited China, Japan, nor South Korea. Though I imagine I would face less problem in Japan out of the three as a Filipino lol.

dperucca
05-27-2018, 02:04 AM
I've never visited China, Japan, nor South Korea. Though I imagine I would face less problem in Japan out of the three as a Filipino lol.

Aren't there Chinese Filipinos? To be honest I would have no idea what the case would be lol

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 02:06 AM
Japanese hands down. ( politeness is part of their culture).. they are just shy... after you become friends. they usually open up..

however they are not open to non-mongoloids..

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 02:08 AM

Japanese Dont like Filipino mestizo.. Filipino negritoes/semi-australoids or Filipinos that look indian/arab.. or filipinos that can looked samoan..

Iloko
05-27-2018, 02:10 AM
Aren't there Chinese Filipinos? To be honest I would have no idea what the case would be lol
Many Filipinos do have actual Chinese ancestry, either Hokkien or Hong Kongese. My mother scores 18% Chinese on 23andme and has no known ancestors through paper-trail:

https://i.imgur.com/Fxhn5hl.jpg

dperucca
05-27-2018, 02:16 AM
Many Filipinos do have actual Chinese ancestry, either Hokkien or Hong Kongese. My mother scores 18% Chinese on 23andme and has no known ancestors through paper-trail:

https://i.imgur.com/Fxhn5hl.jpg

Given geographic proximity that makes sense. Malayo/Polynesian speaking people were historically very advanced at nautical navigation and lived throughout the area even as far east as the Hawaiian islands

Iloko
05-27-2018, 02:19 AM
Japanese Dont like Filipino mestizo.. Filipino negritoes/semi-australoids or Filipinos that look indian/arab.. or filipinos that can looked samoan..
Oh I didn't know that, my impressions from watching various Youtube vids was that they're friendly to all foreigners in general.

So Pinoys who look like what you just said might actually experience some prejudice upon visiting Japan?

dperucca
05-27-2018, 02:21 AM
I can honestly say I have never met a Mongolian though..

Vigilance
05-27-2018, 02:22 AM
Japanese hands down. ( politeness is part of their culture).. they are just shy... after you become friends. they usually open up..

however they are not open to non-mongoloids..

Japanese are the most open actually.

Chinese are the least racist of all. But they are the most judgemental.

Vigilance
05-27-2018, 02:24 AM

Stop bullshitting man. There are tonnes of foreigners in Japan. Yeah its true Seas are seen as unter-asians. But thats mostly in Korea.

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 02:26 AM
Oh I didn't know that, my impressions from watching various Youtube vids was that they're friendly to all foreigners in general.

So Pinoys who look like what you just said might actually experience some prejudice upon visiting Japan?

you have known MRC and pochi for years.. you should have picked it up by now..

Iloko
05-27-2018, 02:34 AM
Given geographic proximity that makes sense. Malayo/Polynesian speaking people were historically very advanced at nautical navigation and lived throughout the area even as far east as the Hawaiian islands
It's one of the greatest achievements of the Austronesians fo sho..The Austronesian Expansion and conquering of all of the Pacific..an incredible feat of nautical capability indeed:

https://i.imgur.com/slASHKX.gif

Just beautiful! :D

Iloko
05-27-2018, 02:45 AM
you have known MRC and pochi for years.. you should have picked it up by now..
From what I heard was that the Japanese in general tend to think of _any_ Asian no matter what type as being one of them lol

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-27-2018, 02:49 AM
Koreans

Dominicanese
05-27-2018, 02:52 AM
chinese

Iloko
05-27-2018, 02:53 AM
I can honestly say I have never met a Mongolian though..
I've never met one either!

LoL It's the things we never experience which matter the most :D

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-27-2018, 02:53 AM
Stop bullshitting man. There are tonnes of foreigners in Japan. Yeah its true Seas are seen as unter-asians. But thats mostly in Korea.

There aren't tons of foreigners living in Japan. Japanese aren't particularly keen on foreigners living in Japan. Even Japanese-Brazilians are seen as complete others despite being 100% ethnic Japanese.

Dominicanese
05-27-2018, 02:54 AM
the japanese r alittle bit too serious and so r the chinese

however given its sheer size and diversity, china has alot of areas/regions with ppl who r just like caribbean islanders (friendly & welcoming)

Iloko
05-27-2018, 03:09 AM
But I guess once the Chinese have intermarried with the native Filipino and assimilated they are then just seen as regular Filipinos instead of Chinese-Filipinos, but those Chinese-Pinoys who adhered to their Chinese identity and heritage such as the Hokkiens tended to stick with their own and intermarry with their own. Hong Kongers on the other hand were the ones who assimilated and deserted their Chinese identity...which is why I'm suspecting my mother's Chinese ancestry to more likely be from Hong Kong rather than Fujian since she knows nothing of the sorts thru paper-trail.

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 03:09 AM
Japanese are the most open actually.

Chinese are the least racist of all. But they are the most judgemental.

speak Chinese, learn Chinese culture.. most Chinese will interact with you.. however there's mandarin,Cantonese,taiwanese & others under one banner. Singaporean Chinese have different mentality than mainland.

depends on your definitions of being ''openly''... they value personal space..

Stop bullshitting man. There are foreigners in Japan. Yeah its true Seas are seen as unter-asians. But thats mostly in Korea.

theres a difference with being foreigner, visitor, being respectful and actually being liked.. they might like you as foreigner/visitor South Asian from Singapore..

For us Filipinos, its different.. Japanese/Vietnamese/maybe Chinese. they see us differently. NOT every Filipino Fits in the 'Asian category'

Gangrel
05-27-2018, 03:11 AM
Not equal opinion since I've only ever known Chinese peeps but my vote goes for them. This year the only flatmate I liked, hanged out with or even talked to was Chinese

Kivan
05-27-2018, 03:15 AM
I only met (some) Japanese people and they all were friendly then that's my vote.

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 03:21 AM
There aren't tons of foreigners living in Japan. Japanese aren't particularly keen on foreigners living in Japan. Even Japanese-Brazilians are seen as complete others despite being 100% ethnic Japanese.

correct!

From what I heard was that the Japanese in general tend to think of _any_ Asian no matter what type as being one of them lol

what do you mean one of them??…

Japanese consider Koreans and mongols the closest to them .. they do consider somewhat ''minimal'' genetic linkage in Philippines/Indonesia...however Koreans/Mongolians are ''NOT'' one of them.

Vigilance
05-27-2018, 03:22 AM
speak Chinese, learn Chinese culture.. most Chinese will interact with you.. however there's mandarin,Cantonese,taiwanese & others under one banner. Singaporean Chinese have different mentality than mainland.

depends on your definitions of being ''openly''... they value personal space..

theres a difference with being foreigner, visitor, being respectful and actually being liked.. they might like you as foreigner/visitor South Asian from Singapore..

For us Filipinos, its different.. Japanese/Vietnamese/maybe Chinese. they see us differently. NOT every Filipino Fits in the 'Asian category'

Mainland Chinese have a natural curiousity for foreigners whatever be their race particularly blacks and whites.

Singaporeans on the other hand are more desensitized pigeons in a coop.

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 03:28 AM
Mainland Chinese have a natural curiousity for foreigners whatever be their race particularly blacks and whites.

Singaporeans on the other hand are more desensitized pigeons in a coop.

''desensitized pigeons in a coop''... LOL

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 03:40 AM
I've never met one either!

LoL It's the things we never experience which matter the most :D

dude how do you get that ASIA PACIFIC banner on your profile??? I forgot to put in on...

BTW, you do know I created that right??? :)

Iloko
05-27-2018, 03:43 AM
dude how do you get that ASIA PACIFIC banner on your profile??? I forgot to put in on...

BTW, you do know I created that right??? :)
Go to: Settings>PermissionGroups

Yeah I do know you made it, I like the design you got mad skills brah :P

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 03:51 AM
Go to: Settings>PermissionGroups

Yeah I do know you made it, I like the design you got mad skills brah :P

I regret making it... it should have been Indo-Pacific..

Iloko
05-27-2018, 04:39 AM
I regret making it... it should have been Indo-Pacific..
'Indo-Pacific' sounds a bit unconventional though IMHO

NSXD60
05-27-2018, 04:49 AM
I'm guessing most here will vote for any Mong that says, "Me love you long time".

Thambi
05-27-2018, 05:42 AM
I've had friends from all four of those groups and chinese definitely are the friendliest among them. They are just more fun to hang with from my experience. The chinese are more easy going and humble as well. Koreans intimidate me tbh. They have this sense of superiority that makes me feel slightly uncomfortable around them. I've had a few japanese and mongolian friends as well. They're chill as well but introverted compared to the chinese I've come across. I'm quite indifferent regarding those two groups. My best friend is chinese and a bunch of my friends in high school and college were chinese so I can relate to them more than the other 3 groups.

zhaoyun
05-27-2018, 06:10 AM
I think the attitudes among different types of Chinese people vary the widest among these groups. The other groups are pretty heterogeneous and have more of an us vs them mentality. While for the Chinese, it will vary widely depending on what part of China you are talking about, which subgroup, if they are mainland or Taiwanese or HK or Singaporean, etc etc.

I think most Cantonese people aren't that interested in foreigners, they are just more interested in money and their own family. But many other parts of mainland China have an intense curiosity towards foreigners.

I would say Japanese are probably pretty friendly as well, though they may be pretty introverted.

Koreans are probably the most xenophobic.

1R0N M4N XL
05-27-2018, 03:41 PM
But I guess once the Chinese have intermarried with the native Filipino and assimilated they are then just seen as regular Filipinos instead of Chinese-Filipinos, but those Chinese-Pinoys who adhered to their Chinese identity and heritage such as the Hokkiens tended to stick with their own and intermarry with their own. Hong Kongers on the other hand were the ones who assimilated and deserted their Chinese identity...which is why I'm suspecting my mother's Chinese ancestry to more likely be from Hong Kong rather than Fujian since she knows nothing of the sorts thru paper-trail.

despite the fact that Vietnamese was a invaded by china for thousands of years... only 8% Chinese DNA is showing..
the Reason why Philippines is showing 30% on DNA is because they are counting Taiwanese natives as East Asian on DNA test( which should NOT) …

youre parents dont look Chinese.. Chinese would laugh at you if your mom is claiming Chinese... they think youre Chinese because of your eyes.. but youre not.. some of us has those.. DNA results you showed us varies from different websites/sources..

i'm looking out for you buddy.. i'm getting of tried of them claiming us..

we call them chinoys… they are 2% of the population... Chinese were banned by the Americans and killed off by the spainiards/portuguese for 400 years..

the Chinese filipinos are recently, they were given citizenship president marcos in ''1974'' …. Japanese catholics were given citizenship by spain in 16-18 century before japan became isolated.

today theres Koreans & Japanese moving getting citizenship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKV72pF1wlY

Black Panther
05-27-2018, 03:43 PM
Chinese>Japanese>Korean>Mongolian.

Marinus
05-27-2018, 03:47 PM
From my personal expereince, I would say that Chinese are the warmest, but also generally the rudest.

Koreans and Japanese are about the same.

I've never interacted with an actual Mongolian before.

Regnera
09-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Most of Chinese people are friendly to foreigners