PDA

View Full Version : Senator Shelby Questions Der Ombongo's Birth Certificate.

Birka
02-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Highly respected Republican Senator Richard Shelby now wants to see the Ombongo's real birth certificate. So do I.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89704

Ĉmeric
02-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Obama could make this issue go away by simply releasing his birth records & yet.... he refuses.

I wonder if he ever had dual nationality & that is what he is hiding. My understanding is the US doesn't allow dual nationality. My wife was born in Minnesota but her parents are Canadian (with permanent residency in the US). She has never attempted to claim dual citizenship because of that. Arnold Schwarzenegger had to renounce his Austrian citizenship to become a US citizen, though I hear the Austrians regranted him Austrian citizenship.

Beorn
02-24-2009, 12:15 AM
It amazes me that the man hasn't simply produced his "real" copy of the birth certificate and nipped this all in the bud.

Unless, of course, he is lying! ;)

Psychonaut
02-24-2009, 12:19 AM
My understanding is the US doesn't allow dual nationality.

I'm not so sure about that. I was certainly a duel citizen of the US and Spain until I turned 18. I had to declare US citizenship by entering the Selective Service so I could go to college though.

Ĉmeric
02-24-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm not so sure about that. I was certainly a duel citizen of the US and Spain until I turned 18. How's that, I thought your Spanish ancestry was very distant?:confused3:

I had to declare US citizenship by entering the Selective Service so I could go to college though.
This is what I meant, you were required to choose after 18.

Psychonaut
02-24-2009, 02:25 AM
How's that, I thought your Spanish ancestry was very distant?:confused3:

My dad was in the Navy and was stationed in Rota, Spain when I was born. Since it was such a tiny base, I was born in a Spanish civilian hospital and was issued a Spanish birth certificate. Since Spain has jus soli citizenship, I became a Spanish citizen simply by being born there. However, I was also an American citizen since both of my parents were US persons. Kind of a crazy situation.

Ĉmeric
02-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Interesting. I thought there exceptions to jus soli, children of diplomats or military personnel for example. I wonder if Mynydd knows this. All those children of Negro, Puerto Rican & Filipino sailors with Spanish nationality.:tongue

Psychonaut
02-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Interesting. I thought there exceptions to jus soli, children of diplomats or military personnel for example. I wonder if Mynydd knows this. All those children of Negro, Puerto Rican & Filipino sailors with Spanish nationality.:tongue

Hmm, I'm checking right now and although Spain certainly does have some type of jus soli citizenship, the details vary from site to site, and I can't seem to find anything official. Maybe I was lied to all those years growing up. :eek:

Brynhild
02-24-2009, 03:05 AM
If I remember rightly, Rupert Murdoch renounced his Australian citizenship for his business interests in America...

Ĉmeric
02-24-2009, 03:15 AM
That's correct. When he acquire the TV stations that became the basis of the Fox Network. He couldn't own those stations unless he became an American citizen. I don't think he should have been allowed to become a citizen for just that reason.

Ĉmeric
02-24-2009, 04:40 PM
This is the online petition (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81550) calling for the public release of Obama's birth certificate. I signed it several weeks ago.

Beorn
02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Not sure if mine will ultimately count, but I signed it nonetheless.

The Lawspeaker
02-24-2009, 05:42 PM
For some reason the site doesn't seem to work. Otherwise I would have seen whether I would have been allowed to sign it too.

I seriously begin to wonder whether he is a real American at all.

Birka
02-25-2009, 11:18 PM
I seriously begin to wonder whether he is a real American at all.

I do not think he was born in the USA. He fights this issue too hard in the courts, when all he has to do is produce 1 document.