PDA

View Full Version : Please classify me.

redeyednewt
05-30-2018, 12:46 AM
Please classify me based on my appearance, and facial structures. Which region(s) of Europe do I look like I am from? I attached three pictures, two of me with facial hair, and one without. The pictures were taken during fall/winter and I tan well in the summer/spring.

In the one pic I had just gotten a haircut and wanted to take a picture of myself. I am new here so I am not sure if I have the formatting correct?

dperucca
05-30-2018, 12:54 AM
You look Dinarid to me. Best fit in the East Med

Odin
05-30-2018, 12:55 AM
Atlanto-Dinarid.

Iloko
05-30-2018, 12:56 AM
North Pontid + Keltic Nordid w/ hints of CM & Dinarid

A mix of Scottish and Eastern European I'd say

redeyednewt
05-30-2018, 01:04 AM
North Pontid + Keltic Nordid w/ hints of CM & Dinarid

A mix of Scottish and Eastern European I'd say

OK thanks, where in Eastern Europe? Also for the people writing Dinard, which regions of Europe does this cover?

redeyednewt
05-30-2018, 01:06 AM
You look Dinarid to me. Best fit in the East Med

OK thanks, which countries in the Eastern Mediterranean? I do have a heritage from a few countries, but I will wait until more people reply before revealing which ones. :)

Iloko
05-30-2018, 01:08 AM
OK thanks, where in Eastern Europe? Also for the people writing Dinard, which regions of Europe does this cover?
Croatia or Hungary

Edit: As for the Dinarid:
https://scontent.fmnl3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/26850538_10214562068060163_771533994669639325_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHf12YJfo12zyg7GbJWdGYHY2SDEv-UfS_GJ2PPeWKmicJRj1alh7m9ei1QcSLOlB3iearFRizwmuNR8 WBZAqCGH_8DQWyT7wMZPoNRQev4yA&oh=8764e6065a72adace19e2836e5a3260b&oe=5B817E2E

MEDACHE
05-30-2018, 01:17 AM
iberian

Corded
05-30-2018, 01:43 AM
Dinarid + atlantid. pass in central euro and balkan

redeyednewt
05-30-2018, 03:53 PM
iberian

That's interesting. I traveled to Spain and in certain regions I visited people thought I was from there.

Vigilance
05-30-2018, 03:57 PM
You fucks are blind for classifying as Dinaroid, hilarious!

You look like a refined Pontid and you remind me of your Western counterpart, Atlantid Daniel Day Lewis

Vigilance
05-30-2018, 04:01 PM
I'd say Iraniomorphic Pontid

I bet my ass you are either from Balkans or Slavic

The Iraniomorphism gives up your Slavic origins

Scandal
05-30-2018, 04:39 PM
You look spanish imo(from Spain)

but could be from other places too

redeyednewt
05-30-2018, 05:19 PM

You look like a refined Pontid and you remind me of your Western counterpart, Atlantid Daniel Day Lewis

Can you please explain this more? I am asking as I am not really familiar with these terms and have not heard them until now. What is Iraniomorphic, or refined Pontid?

Also which Balkan, and/or Slavic countries or regions would you say I look like I am from? This includes both modern day Slavic and Balkan countries, and ones from the past.

redeyednewt
05-30-2018, 05:33 PM
You look spanish imo(from Spain)

but could be from other places too

OK thanks, which regions or areas of Spain? I had one guy I know from Spain say I looked very basque but I am not sure if this is true?

Scandal
05-30-2018, 05:36 PM
OK thanks, which regions or areas of Spain? I had one guy I know from Spain say I looked very basque but I am not sure if this is true?

Idk I'm not spanish
I don't think there's much regional differences within Spain

redeyednewt
05-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Idk I'm not spanish
I don't think there's much regional differences within Spain

I'm not so sure about that? https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-18b11e0452c78e9cb14d8f858d7b7718

When I wen to Spain people in Northern Spain looked a lot different from those in Southern Spainish provinces.

DarkWater
05-31-2018, 08:14 PM
You look Pontid mixed with some Nordic or something "germanic". Which phenotypes are hairiest? Lol because you have some of that. I would expect to see you in Austria or Hungary.

Have you gotten your DNA tested?

redeyednewt
05-31-2018, 09:07 PM
You look Pontid mixed with some Nordic or something "germanic". Which phenotypes are hairiest? Lol because you have some of that. I would expect to see you in Austria or Hungary.

Have you gotten your DNA tested?

Yes I have had my DNA tested, autosomal DNA is not really always that accurate though as different companies will give you different results depending on the algorithm that they use, and other factors. I did test my father for YDNA, but am still learning about haplogroups.

DarkWater
05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Yes I have had my DNA tested, autosomal DNA is not really always that accurate though as different companies will give you different results depending on the algorithm that they use, and other factors. I did test my father for YDNA, but am still learning about haplogroups.

If you upload your raw data to gedmatch you can gain perspective. It's not a perfect science but it means something. You should share your results

DarkWater
05-31-2018, 09:15 PM
what is his (and your) haplogroup?

Xacal
05-31-2018, 10:13 PM
Dinariczed Atlantid

Astarte
05-31-2018, 10:36 PM
Greek AF

Lamoral
06-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Probably Atlandid mostly, you remind me of Alec Baldwin kinda.

Lamoral
06-01-2018, 03:09 PM
I'm not clear here, is this forum for classifying members here, or just other people? There's a personal taxonomy forum that says you have to have 15 posts to join, but I have 17 now and it still won't let me post. Apprceiate the help.

redeyednewt
06-01-2018, 03:46 PM
I'm not clear here, is this forum for classifying members here, or just other people? There's a personal taxonomy forum that says you have to have 15 posts to join, but I have 17 now and it still won't let me post. Apprceiate the help.

I'm not sure either? I just joined myself, and this is the taxonomy forum, so if there's another one I am not sure about it?

redeyednewt
06-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Greek AF

That's not surprising to me at all. :) Which region(s) of Greece do I look like I am from?

Astarte
06-01-2018, 08:16 PM
That's not surprising to me at all. :) Which region(s) of Greece do I look like I am from?

1. Athens
2. Peloponnesus
3. Central Greece
4. Thessaloniki

You'd pass anywhere in mainland Greece.

redeyednewt
06-01-2018, 09:04 PM
1. Athens
2. Peloponnesus
3. Central Greece
4. Thessaloniki

You'd pass anywhere in mainland Greece.

OK thanks I have never been to greece but I would love to visit.

quirtydoodah
06-02-2018, 06:12 PM
Heavily Dianidised Atlantid. Could pass in Southern Europe and Central Europe to a lesser extent as mixed.

Columella
06-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Mainly a Mediterranean type from these.
A profile shot (distance 1 met from camera )could help in guessing headshape.

redeyednewt
06-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Mainly a Mediterranean type from these.
A profile shot (distance 1 met from camera )could help in guessing headshape.

Thanks I will take a picture of myself like this.

GiCa
06-04-2018, 07:05 PM
From Spain to Greece. That part of europe.

As for Italy you could be from here, but as a vibe I get not Italian vibes

Pontid med

Anyway my last bet is on Greece. You look more Greek than anything.

redeyednewt
06-06-2018, 07:39 AM
From Spain to Greece. That part of europe.

As for Italy you could be from here, but as a vibe I get not Italian vibes

Pontid med

Anyway my last bet is on Greece. You look more Greek than anything.

Thanks, I will take a picture of my head/skull from the side, via mobile phone; but after I trim my scalp hair so you can see it better.

Zroota
06-06-2018, 09:26 AM
You look rather ambiguous.

Atlanto-Med + Pontid perhaps?

redeyednewt
06-08-2018, 10:17 AM
You look rather ambiguous.

Atlanto-Med + Pontid perhaps?

Thanks what's the difference between Atlantid/Atlanto-Med, and the various types of Pontid, or Dinarics? I'm asking as I am not really familiar with all of these old terms.

Sturmgewehr
06-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Atlanto-Dinarid.

I concur.

Atlanto Med - Dinarid.

redeyednewt
06-12-2018, 06:59 PM
I concur.

Atlanto Med - Dinarid.

OK thanks I am not sure what a lot of this means? But I have not studied the different old terms/phenotypes.

Rivesalt
06-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Atlantid + dinaric

redeyednewt
06-16-2018, 10:20 AM
Atlantid + dinaric

Thanks so which countries would I pass in as far as apperance goes, or which regions or countries of Europe do I look like I am from?

Knight Slayer
06-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Dinaro-Mediterranean

Kivan
06-16-2018, 12:31 PM
Dinaricized Atlantid.

redeyednewt
06-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Dinaricized Atlantid.

Dinaro-Mediterranean

What are the differences between these?

I've had people in the United States think I am Arabic/Middle Eastern, and one man thought I am South-East Asian and from the Philippines; but I guess those people have not traveled a lot? I also have had people think I am Slavic from the Ukraine, Bulgaria, Belarus, Poland, and Russia, and other Slavic counties. But I grew up with a lot of people from these countries, and we look nothing like.

Fuglo
06-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Atiantid+Dinarid . Pass in Central Europe .

redeyednewt
06-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Atiantid+Dinarid . Pass in Central Europe .

Thanks, where in Central Europe or which countries besides Germany, Switzerland, and Austria?

Fuglo
06-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Thanks, where in Central Europe or which countries besides Germany, Switzerland, and Austria?

You can pass in Switzerland , Southern Germany , North Italy , Eastern France and Austria , maybe in Balkan too but im not sure .

redeyednewt
06-21-2018, 10:31 PM
You can pass in Switzerland , Southern Germany , North Italy , Eastern France and Austria , maybe in Balkan too but im not sure .

Thanks would this also include Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary, or not?

Fuglo
06-22-2018, 10:07 AM
Thanks would this also include Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary, or not?

Yes , it does

Cristiano viejo
06-22-2018, 10:35 AM
That's interesting. I traveled to Spain and in certain regions I visited people thought I was from there.
You can pass as Spanish.
Are you Romanian?

I'm not so sure about that? https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-18b11e0452c78e9cb14d8f858d7b7718
lol, that map means nothing. It is from 2000 years ago...

When I wen to Spain people in Northern Spain looked a lot different from those in Southern Spainish provinces.

A lot different? that is not true. I am from Central-North Spain and I admit Andalusians look a bit darker in average, but that is all. Also in Andalusia is where the Gypsy community is higher.

Rouxinol
06-22-2018, 10:51 AM
You can pass anywhere in Southern and Central Europe up to Bavaria.

redeyednewt
06-22-2018, 05:56 PM
You can pass anywhere in Southern and Central Europe up to Bavaria.

Why up to Bavaria? I have had German friends tell me how I would easily pass in Berlin/Brandenburg, Saxony, and different German states as well.

redeyednewt
06-22-2018, 06:18 PM
You can pass as Spanish.
Are you Romanian?

lol, that map means nothing. It is from 2000 years ago...

A lot different? that is not true. I am from Central-North Spain and I admit Andalusians look a bit darker in average, but that is all. Also in Andalusia is where the Gypsy community is higher.

No I am not Romanian. :) I also do not have the YDNA/haplogroup for Romani, and do not have a heritage or admixture from Northern India where they were supposedly from when I did a DNA test to find relatives my family and I did not know a lot about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Romani_people#Genetic_evidence

I have friends who are Spanish/Iberian from Granada and Cádiz, and they have taken DNA tests for fun and were not surprised when it showed how they have some North African heritage which they figure came from the Moors invading those regions. They are not Romani/Gypsy.

They also said how in appearance they look different than people from Galicia, Cataluña, and regions in the north where people are Basque, and Castilla-La Mancha in central Spain.

I was not sure about the map, anyway you are correct that in modern day European countries including Spain, people from different regions or who have different heritages/admixtures/genes move and settle in different regions and marry and have children with people from different regions, and have been doing this for centuries.

Rouxinol
06-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Why up to Bavaria? I have had German friends tell me how I would easily pass in Berlin/Brandenburg, Saxony, and different German states as well.

Because the further north one goes the less likely it is to find phenotypes similar to yours.

redeyednewt
06-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Because the further north one goes the less likely it is to find phenotypes similar to yours.

Thanks. I know I do not look Dutch, or very Northern Germanic like a friend of mine who lives near the border near the Netherlands does. Or very Scandinavian the way a friend who has family from Denmark does.

CYKA
06-28-2018, 09:39 AM
Some kind of Ayrab armenian or something maybe Spanish..could pass as one of those basques who are pointier than other hispanics. Maybe part gabagool i dunno

redeyednewt
06-30-2018, 12:48 AM

I suppose this is true to some extent?

Tellerin
07-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Atlanto-Med + Reduced South Armenoid

redeyednewt
07-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Atlanto-Med + Reduced South Armenoid

OK thanks I looked up South Armenoid, and I do not have that type of nose.

Kouros
07-23-2018, 01:33 AM
You have odd eyes, hard to tell where you're from. I'm gonna go with Mediterranean. And sure you can pass in Greece, can't tell you about anywhere else unfortunately.

redeyednewt
07-24-2018, 12:24 PM
You have odd eyes, hard to tell where you're from. I'm gonna go with Mediterranean. And sure you can pass in Greece, can't tell you about anywhere else unfortunately.

Thanks. Why do you say my eyes are odd? I did have someone who once thought I was from the Philippines which was very odd since I am not from Asia at all, and do not have an Asian heritage.

jobodwannaa
07-24-2018, 12:57 PM
German and Italian ancestry.

Vid Flumina
07-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Your eyes look lappid/finnic influenced

Kouros
07-25-2018, 02:57 AM
Thanks. Why do you say my eyes are odd? I did have someone who once thought I was from the Philippines which was very odd since I am not from Asia at all, and do not have an Asian heritage.

I don't know. You def don't look Phillipino though.

porkbbq
07-25-2018, 04:16 AM
You need to take some more pictures at different angles, we need more to work with. You look fairly ambiguous, but not in a weird way. More like a mix of two familiar types you don't commonly see together. I'm going to go against the grain because the first picture looks very familiar to me in terms of features. With the beard covering your lower face I get a very British Isles vibe. Clean shaven throws a wrench in it a bit though. I think you are British mixed with Greek if I had to guess.

redeyednewt
07-26-2018, 10:31 AM

Thanks that's interesting. So you mean like how these men's eyes are?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Baltic_Finns.jpg

redeyednewt
07-26-2018, 10:59 AM
You need to take some more pictures at different angles, we need more to work with. You look fairly ambiguous, but not in a weird way. More like a mix of two familiar types you don't commonly see together. I'm going to go against the grain because the first picture looks very familiar to me in terms of features. With the beard covering your lower face I get a very British Isles vibe. Clean shaven throws a wrench in it a bit though. I think you are British mixed with Greek if I had to guess.

How are these pictures? I put them into another thread.

Unfortunately I cannot edit the original post here to put them here.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?251826-Please-classify-me

Iloko
07-26-2018, 12:21 PM
Mostly North Pontid

redeyednewt
08-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Mostly North Pontid

Thanks, I had never heard of that phenotype but I have never studied those theoretical groups of people in depth.

CommonSense
08-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Dinaricized Pontid. You look Greek or Balkan

redeyednewt
08-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Dinaricized Pontid. You look Greek or Balkan

Thanks, which countries in the Balkans?

CommonSense
08-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Thanks, which countries in the Balkans?

Serbia, Albania, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, but you could pass in Bulgaria, Macedonia and Romania too.

redeyednewt
08-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Serbia, Albania, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, but you could pass in Bulgaria, Macedonia and Romania too.

Thanks. I have friends from Serbia, Bulgaria, Albania, and Croatia, and we do not look alike. But they think I look more Germanic/Central European, when I asked them about it, but I have never been to those countries so I am not sure how most people from them appear? The one friend from Albania, she and I have basically the same type of body, like very thin so maybe that has something to do with it?

CommonSense
08-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Thanks. I have friends from Serbia, Bulgaria, Albania, and Croatia, and we do not look alike. But they think I look more Germanic/Central European, when I asked them about it, but I have never been to those countries so I am not sure how most people from them appear? The one friend from Albania, she and I have basically the same type of body, like very thin so maybe that has something to do with it?

Albanians are very lean, but I was mostly referring to your facial features. It's odd they think you look Germanic, most people I know would envison someone like Schweinsteiger or theapricity user Norb.

redeyednewt
08-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Albanians are very lean, but I was mostly referring to your facial features. It's odd they think you look Germanic, most people I know would envison someone like Schweinsteiger or theapricity user Norb.

By German they mean Southern German (or what are now modern day southern German, or Western German states), Swiss-German, and/or Austrian.

redeyednewt
08-10-2018, 04:10 PM

Have you traveled to Germany, Austria, or Switzerland? Not all Germanic people have blonde or light colored hair and green/blue eyes.

Rocinante
08-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Mainly Atlanto-Med + slight Dinarid

Rocinante
08-12-2018, 01:09 PM

Are you sure about that? First, that map means nothing. Second, that ethnic difference between North/South like Italy or France, doesn't exist here in Spain or Portugal, except for the Basqueland region that you may find them different.

ben1234
08-12-2018, 01:46 PM
East Central European i reckon. What are you anyway??

redeyednewt
08-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Are you sure about that? First, that map means nothing. Second, that ethnic difference between North/South like Italy or France, doesn't exist here in Spain or Portugal, except for the Basqueland region that you may find them different.

Thanks for explaining. That is a very old map and I found it on a google search so I was not sure if it was even accurate?

redeyednewt
08-14-2018, 07:28 AM
East Central European i reckon. What are you anyway??

If I told, what would the fun in that be? ;) One person actually was pretty spot on exactly with my ancestry.

ben1234
08-15-2018, 08:18 AM
If I told, what would the fun in that be? ;) One person actually was pretty spot on exactly with my ancestry.

Well you've got 8 pages of replies. Is that not enough t spill the beans?

redeyednewt
09-12-2018, 10:35 PM

You're right.

Here's the person who was basically correct:

I also have an ancestry from different countries in Central/Northern/Western Europe, Scandinavia and Baltic countries/Southern Europe including Greece, but I have a heritage from regions of Italy where the Ancient and Medieval Greeks settled.

StevenTylerAerosmith
12-11-2018, 08:03 AM
nice beard my guy

redeyednewt
03-08-2019, 04:58 AM
nice beard my guy

If you can read this, thanks.

redeyednewt
03-21-2019, 12:50 AM

What is a refined Pontid?

redeyednewt
03-21-2019, 12:58 AM

A friend of mine who is a scientist said my eyes are pretty typical or common in Western Europeans.

Correct. I also have an ancestry from Scandinavia and the Baltic states.

redeyednewt
10-10-2019, 09:40 PM

I am also Dutch, Belgian, Swiss, Austrian, and German but they are all genetically similar pretty much.

redeyednewt
08-26-2020, 12:07 AM

Sorry I am not Slavic at all. Balkan, maybe? I am Greek so maybe that is what you are noticing? I am also very German, Dutch, and Belgian but I had people from these countries assume I am from there when I met them.

Immanenz
08-26-2020, 12:16 AM
i had one Romenian friend from Paris that looked very much alike

Pontid + Cm it seems

Immanenz
08-26-2020, 12:25 AM

not true though- you ll propably find someone like him more frequently in Berlin than Munich