PDA

View Full Version : "Islam Does Not Belong in Germany"

Smaland
03-07-2011, 09:15 PM
http://www.op-online.de/bilder/2010/03/08/661791/1356997050-hans-peter-friedrich.9.jpg
Image posted at op-online.de

Just three days into the job, Germany's new interior minister is already causing his government a headache after wading into a highly delicate debate about multiculturalism and claiming Islam was not a key part of the German way of life. "Islam in Germany is not something supported by history at any point," Hans-Peter Friedrich told journalists on his first day as Thomas de Maiziere's replacement on Thursday.

Full story (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/new-german-minister-islam-does-not-belong-in-germany-1.347329)

curiousman
03-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Stating the obvious

The Ripper
03-08-2011, 06:07 AM
This dreadful wave of populism from our leading politicians is a worrying trend. :D

Seriously though, what is the significance of these recent anti-multiculti statements?

Adalwolf
03-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Seriously though, what is the significance of these recent anti-multiculti statements?

Agreed that it does seem rather suspicious. All these politicians coming to the obvious realization at the same time. :confused:

I just wish this guy would have extended his statement- Islam does not belong in Europe. Period!

Crossbow
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
This dreadful wave of populism from our leading politicians is a worrying trend. :D

First Merkel, then Sarkozy, then Cameron...the whole Sarrazin affair....and now this man.
Afraid to lose too many votes to the so-called 'populists' I think.

Curtis24
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, you have to ask - what is his solution?.

Its one thing to say "multiculturalism is dead", but then support integration. Its quite another to say that cultural minorities must be expelled.

Adalwolf
03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't think that Merkel has proposed any plan for change, since she announced this months ago...