PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Alice In Chains Bassist Mike Starr Found Dead

Thorum
03-09-2011, 01:42 AM
"Mike Starr (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659474/alice-in-chains-mike-starr-dead.jhtml) was born April 4, 1966, in Honolulu. He rose to prominence in the Seattle scene as bassist for Diamond Lie, which featured Cantrell and Kinney. Once Staley entered the fold, they changed their name to Alice in Chains and signed a major-label deal. Starr appears on the group's debut album, Facelift, which produced the monster hit "Man in the Box." He's also on the band's follow-up EP release, Sap, and their second album, Dirt, which was released in September 1992."

Fucking bad-ass show:

9tv3Tc3YPT4

Rest in peace brother. Thanks for the music and good times!! :(

Lars
03-09-2011, 01:48 AM
RIP and thank you for Dirt. The early 90s were good music to grow up with. <3

Beorn
03-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Did he die of boredom whilst listening to his own music?

RIP....random drug abuser who corrupted the minds of many. :(

Bloodeagle
03-09-2011, 04:14 AM
R.I.P.. I wonder if it was drugs that killed him?
Now, he can join Layne Staley (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CDYQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLayne_S taley&rct=j&q=Layne%20Staley&ei=MAx3TdjiNouO0QG314DlBg&usg=AFQjCNGMtxQvtsZ5LAUUdgMHahcTo0kXwA&cad=rja) in the rock and roll Nirvana.

Baron Samedi
03-09-2011, 04:28 PM
This is depressing news... AIC is one of my top favs....

I'm still upset over Layne's death.....

alexandra
03-09-2011, 07:26 PM
dude, that sucks.

r.i.p.

Birka
03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Taking drugs like heroine does have its consequences.

Electronic God-Man
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
6JA25BIxgtk

alexandra
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
my favorite chains song.

eBB2OS4IoTs

la bombe
03-09-2011, 08:51 PM
R.I.P.. I wonder if it was drugs that killed him?

I watched him on Celebrity Rehab. He came across as a really nice person, but he had a very serious opiate addiction and you could tell he was tormented about it. He seemed to be doing better, but you know how addictions are.

R.I.P.

alexandra
03-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I watched him on Celebrity Rehab. He came across as a really nice person, but he had a very serious opiate addiction and you could tell he was tormented about it. He seemed to be doing better, but you know how addictions are.

R.I.P.

he was so NOT nice on that show, or maybe i'm thinking of sober house, but it was actually kind of funny. he always called the lady running the sober house a fat bitch and flicked off the cameras. that's mike starr for ya.

la bombe
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
he was so NOT nice on that show, or maybe i'm thinking of sober house, but it was actually kind of funny. he always called the lady running the sober house a fat bitch and flicked off the cameras. that's mike starr for ya.

IDK, I only watched Celebrity Rehab, but I remember he did freak out and get really mean once when they were controlling his methadone dose but he wanted a fix and they wouldn't give it to him. Addicts are scary when they can't have their drugs :/

alexandra
03-09-2011, 09:11 PM
IDK, I only watched Celebrity Rehab, but I remember he did freak out and get really mean once when they were controlling his methadone dose but he wanted a fix and they wouldn't give it to him. Addicts are scary when they can't have their drugs :/

yeah, but what's even scarier is that they'll smile in your face and be your friend, then turn around and snatch your shit in a second.