PDA

View Full Version : Education Level

ChristianMed
06-06-2018, 06:32 AM
What is your education level? Secondary School or College?

Moje ime
06-06-2018, 06:49 AM
College

Thracian
06-06-2018, 06:51 AM
Ph.d.

TEUTORIGOS
06-06-2018, 06:54 AM

Some college , like 50 something credits, but I found American universities to be intellectually inferior this wasn't always the case just in recent times. Americans think you should go to college to get a better job but think college is bad if it makes you think too much so the end result is an inferior anti-intellectual peasant vocational experience, For instance, most people with Bachelor's ( more with graduate degrees can) cannot even read at the college syntopical level . When I challenged the system they called me a nutty elitist so I was fuck you mentally retarded peasants you do not deserve my presence:

Deschooling Society (1971) is a critical discourse on education as practised in modern economies. It is a book that brought Ivan Illich to public attention. Full of detail on programs and concerns, the book gives examples of the ineffectual nature of institutionalized education. Illich posited self-directed education, supported by intentional social relations in fluid informal arrangements:

Universal education through schooling is not feasible. It would be no more feasible if it were attempted by means of alternative institutions built on the style of present schools. Neither new attitudes of teachers toward their pupils nor the proliferation of educational hardware or software (in classroom or bedroom), nor finally the attempt to expand the pedagogue's responsibility until it engulfs his pupils' lifetimes will deliver universal education. The current search for new educational funnels must be reversed into the search for their institutional inverse: educational webs which heighten the opportunity for each one to transform each moment of his living into one of learning, sharing, and caring. We hope to contribute concepts needed by those who conduct such counterfoil research on education – and also to those who seek alternatives to other established service industries.[1]

The last sentence makes clear what the title suggests—that the institutionalization of education is considered to institutionalize society and conversely that ideas for de-institutionalizing education may be a starting point for a de-institutionalized society

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deschooling_Society

The prescient and now-classic analysis of the forces of anti-intellectualism in contemporary American life--updated for the era of Trump, Twitter, Breitbart and fake news controversies.

The searing cultural history of the last half-century, The Age of American Unreason In A Culture of Lies focuses on the convergence of social forces--usually treated as separate entities--that has created a perfect storm of anti-rationalism. These include the upsurge of religious fundamentalism, with more political power today than ever before; the failure of public education to create an informed citizenry; the triumph of internet over print culture; and America's toxic addition to infotainment. Combining historical analysis with contemporary observation and sparing neither the right nor the left, Susan Jacoby asserts that Americans today have embraced "junk thought" that makes almost no effort to separate fact from opinion.

At today's critical political juncture, nothing could be more important than recognizing the crisis described in this impassioned, tough-minded book, which challenges Americans to face the painful truth about what the flights from reason has cost us as individuals and as a nation.

https://www.amazon.com/Age-American-Unreason-Culture-Lies/dp/0525436529/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528267479&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=the+age+of+american+unreason#productDescr iption_secondary_view_div_1528267534979

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-colleges-hate-geniuses-just-as-convents-hate-saints-ralph-waldo-emerson-37-65-78.jpg

https://www.askideas.com/media/63/I-have-never-let-my-schooling-interfere-with-my-education.-Mark-Twain.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
06-06-2018, 06:59 AM
Master.

Larali
07-21-2018, 09:56 PM
I have an AA in pre-med, BA in Public Relations, and half of an AS in graphic design.

Gründig
07-21-2018, 09:58 PM
Bachelors in health sciences.

Bobby Martnen
07-21-2018, 10:00 PM
I'm in college, but I'm considering dropping out

GreentheViper
07-21-2018, 10:16 PM
I'm in college now

Daco Celtic
02-28-2020, 11:33 PM
Master’s Degree

Mr.G
02-29-2020, 02:58 AM
Bachelor's for me.

I have a buddy who went on to get his Master's, after he completed the program, for quite a long time after, we (my group of friends), called him simply, The Master. In fact, I probably still would I'm immature like that.

Óttar
02-29-2020, 03:00 AM
Masters. Was considering a PhD until my adviser screwed me over. I now trade stocks.

Celestia
02-29-2020, 03:18 AM
Bachelors in Psychology.
My plan was to obtain my masters but I ended up getting pregnant with my son lol

Mr.G
02-29-2020, 03:32 AM
I really admire you folks who went on, or wanted to go on, to further your education. I am just not a natural student, I was done after I finished college.

I have this recurring dream (had it again recently in fact) that I am late to an exam (usually it's Anatomy and Physiology), I haven't studied, I'm unprepared, and I realize I have not even shown up to class for much of the semester. As the dream progresses, I gradually become aware that, hey, wait a second, I finished school, I graduated, I don't have to worry! Then I wake up.

On a side note, I currently maintain an accreditation that requires some significant continuing ed. that must be completed in three-year periods. I'm in the last year of the current period and I have A LOT to do.

Celestia
02-29-2020, 03:40 AM
I have this recurring dream (had it again recently in fact) that I am late to an exam (usually it's Anatomy and Physiology), I haven't studied, I'm unprepared, and I realize I have not even shown up to class for much of the semester. As the dream progresses, I gradually become aware that, hey, wait a second, I finished school, I graduated, I don't have to worry! Then I wake up.

On a side note, I currently maintain an accreditation that requires some significant continuing ed. that must be completed in three-year periods. I'm in the last year of the current period and I have A LOT to do.

Interesting. I often have dreams where I’m in class/ at school. I’m pretty sure it’s because deep down I feel like I have some unfinished business to take care of with getting my Masters,. Maybe subconsciously you feel as if you have more potential and some unfinished business as well?

Smitty
02-29-2020, 03:57 AM

Carl34
06-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Mine - Bachelor's

TheMaestro
06-05-2020, 12:32 PM
Elementary school

JamesBond007
06-05-2020, 12:42 PM

Some college although the American middle classes delusionally think formal education in America is worthwhile :

... Students learn a range of literacy and numeracy skills which will benefit the market in due course and, at the same time, they learn to conform, obey, and take for granted the norms and values of capitalist society as inscribed through the formal and informal processes of schooling. As neoliberalism has impacted compulsory schooling over the past 35 years, the latter ideological function has become increasingly important, with noted scholar and school teacher John Taylor Gatto ( 2002 : 21) bluntly stating that “no one believes that scientists are trained in science classes or politicians in civics classes or poets in English classes. The truth is that schools don’t really teach anything except how to obey orders.” Schools manage the ideological reproduction of the future labour force. Youth dissent and resistance must be neutralised in the interests of enforcing the ideals of the ruling classes upon all young citizens. ... --professor Bruce M.Z Cohen.

Also :

Education — Instead of public education being used to teach children healthy learning attitudes, they are used for the opposite, to indoctrinate children with dogma, often patently false, even known to be false by the officials imposing the education.

Propaganda — After being taught to read but not weigh evidence and form original opinions, children become adults who are then subjected to dubious or obviously false claims for the rest of their lives.

Economic pressure — The State and political class will use its control of finances and economy to impose its ideas, by restricting the choices of those who disagree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Thought_and_Official_Propaganda

Moje ime
06-05-2020, 12:47 PM
Elementary school. Unfinished.

Moje ime
06-05-2020, 01:07 PM

+1

Viridian1
06-05-2020, 01:37 PM
MSc but I don't find myself wise.

Terminator98
06-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Finishing 2nd year of Law Faculty, 2 more years and I am done with studying, no chance I will go for master.

Dušan
06-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Master’s Degree, but I don’t work in that profession.
Spent years in vain.

Terminator98
06-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Spent years in vain.

What did you studied?

Carl34
07-17-2020, 01:09 PM
Spent years in vain.

Many people go to college and don't think about all the pros and cons because society tells us that we should have an education. Then students realize that they don't need their major, and use services like https://writix.co.uk/write-my-assignment (https://writix.co.uk/write-my-assignment) to do their tasks. Then they get a diploma that they don't need and find work in a completely different field. And I do not blame anyone, I did the same. It's just that if I had known before, what I know now about what college is, then everything would have turned out differently.

El_Abominacion
07-17-2020, 01:36 PM
Pre school

Sora
07-17-2020, 01:47 PM
I'm in last year of high school right now

Chris596
07-30-2020, 12:54 PM
Secondary school as of now.

The Blade
08-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Master's degree.

kundur
08-04-2020, 08:37 PM
Bachelor

Tooting Carmen
08-04-2020, 08:50 PM
Master's degree.

Me too.

calxpal
08-05-2020, 12:30 AM
I have 1.5 years of college, but I didn't finish and have no degree :picard1::thumb001:

ShieldWolf
08-05-2020, 02:33 AM
B.S. Engineering

PaleoEuropean
08-05-2020, 02:39 AM
B.A from Kentucky Universities Gatton College of Business and Economics which is just a section of buildings on the regular campus.

Wolfdog
08-05-2020, 03:29 AM
Master's degree