PDA

View Full Version : G haplogroup and Proto Europid phenotype. Are they related?

UP UP
06-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Most Circassians have the same phenotype as Southern Central Europeans.

Most Circassians have proto Europid (a type which is somewhere between Alpinid and Mediterranid) facial traits. North Italian, Austrian, Swiss, Central French, Southern French and Northern Spanish people also usually have proto Europid type.

https://cache.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup_G2a.gif

As we see in the map above, G haplogroup exists both in Caucasus regions and Southern Central Europe. Therefore, I wonder there is a correlation between Proto Europid phenotype and G haplogroup.

What do you think?

TheMaestro
06-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Wannabe white threads

cyberlorian
06-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Actually I don't know whether haplogroups and faces are related with each other but it seems to be there is a connection. By the way, I am not so knowledged about haplogroups.

cyberlorian
06-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Wannabe white threads

Meta-Ethnicity: Wannabe Troll

User U
06-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Meta-Ethnicity: Wannabe Troll

At least he does not think that Turanid is a mix of Dalofaelid and Gobid :D You also think that there are many blonde Turanids :D

cyberlorian
06-06-2018, 11:43 AM
At least he does not think that Turanid is a mix of Dalofaelid and Gobid :D You also think that there are many blonde Turanids :D

I do not claim that Dalofaelid + Gobid = Turanid. I had just said it might be a possibility. Actually, Turanid is a blend of Proto Europid and Proto Mongoloid.

Proto Europid: As the original poster says, it is a mesocephal type which is metrically between Alpinid and Mediterranid. Therefore, Proto Europid would give us a pseudo Alpine Mediterranid look.

Proto Mongoloid: It is a brachycephal and Amerindian like type.

Vistulawarrior
06-06-2018, 11:46 AM
If you mean that both groups partially descends from the same neolithic farmers that dispersed the paternal haplogroup G2a, then you are on the right track. The question of wherever the phenotype you described is linked to that genetic lineage is a different question.
From Eupedia.com: “Nowadays haplogroup G is found all the way from Western Europe and Northwest Africa to Central Asia, India and East Africa, although everywhere at low frequencies (generally between 1 and 10% of the population). The only exceptions are the Caucasus region, central and southern Italy and Sardinia, where frequencies typically range from 15% to 30% of male lineages.” Physical similarities could hence very probably be the result of a common ancestry, but still other lineages are in majority in each group making it difficult to make any statement.

Vistulawarrior
06-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Actually I don't know whether haplogroups and faces are related with each other but it seems to be there is a connection. By the way, I am not so knowledged about haplogroups.

Phenotype is an expression of the genome. Haplogroups are defining genetic lineages which are themselves mutations.

kleenex
06-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Not sure about other branches of G but G2A has been present in Europe since the late Mesolithic and exists today in small numbers throughout Europe. In terms of phenotypes not sure but based on immediate experience my paternal line is G2a from a very old mountain village in Western Peloponnesus. There is a general consistency in phenotype Alpinid, Atlantid, less so Dinarid from what I’ve seen. Also not sure what you mean by proto Europid but yeah maybe a Neolithic type with Alpinid features particularly a haplogroup like G2a who may have been primarily mountain dwellers.

Kelmendasi
06-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Not sure about other branches of G but G2A has been present in Europe since the late Mesolithic and exists today in small numbers throughout Europe. In terms of phenotypes not sure but based on immediate experience my paternal line is G2a from a very old mountain village in Western Peloponnesus. There is a general consistency in phenotype Alpinid, Atlantid, less so Dinarid from what I’ve seen. Also not sure what you mean by proto Europid but yeah maybe a Neolithic type with Alpinid features particularly a haplogroup like G2a who may have been primarily mountain dwellers.
G2a came into Europe during the Neolithic, it isn't a Mesolithic European haplogroup. The Mesolithic Europeans were dominated by I and had some R and J but no G has been found. On the other hand though, G2a was a major Neolithic haplogroup and was the most common Ydna among the farmers

Kelmendasi
06-06-2018, 12:14 PM
So called "Proto-Europid" would be linked to I haplogroups if you were to correlate Ydna with phenotype

cyberlorian
06-06-2018, 12:18 PM
So called "Proto-Europid" would be linked to I haplogroups if you were to correlate Ydna with phenotype

Most "I haplogroup lands" are usually either Nordid or Dinarid.

Kelmendasi
06-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Most "I haplogroup lands" are usually either Nordid or Dinarid.
And? It's proven to be a Paleolithic Ydna in Europe. Anyways this is BS, you can't link haplogroups to phenotypes which are pseudo-science anyways

cyberlorian
06-06-2018, 12:20 PM
And? It's proven to be a Paleolithic Ydna in Europe. Anyways this is BS, you can't link haplogroups to phenotypes which are pseudo-science anyways

I also guess the correlation between ancestry and phenotype is not so high.

sailormoon
06-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Rootsi et al. (2012) found that the geographic origin of haplogroup G locates around eastern Anatolia, Armenia or western Iran. Haplogroup G is a Middle Eastern haplogroup which spread to Europe during the Neolithic. G1 reached Kazakhstan around 20,000 BP, where it is primarily found among the Madjar and Argyn tribes (87% and 71%). North Ossetians (74%) may exhibit the physical characteristics of haplogroup G which originated in the Near East.

http://region15.ru/content-art/img_1501_2000/1872_1.jpg

We estimate that the geographic origin of hg G plausibly locates somewhere nearby eastern Anatolia, Armenia or western Iran. The general frequency pattern of hg G overall (Figure 2a) shows that the spread of hg G extends over an area from southern Europe to the Near/Middle East and the Caucasus, but then decreases rapidly toward southern and Central Asia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499744/

Petalpusher
06-06-2018, 06:55 PM
G is typical basal eurasian type of Y, that's why you find (or did find it) both in early farmers and around Caucasus, but the splits between the G's is quite old and they had different influences from there (some more WHG, some more ANE)

Marmara
06-06-2018, 07:01 PM
What the hell is "proto-europid"? I have seen this term used only by Butlerking. It's nonsense.

Turanid is the mix of Gobid + Iranid + Baltid.

Kelmendasi
06-06-2018, 07:26 PM
What the hell is "proto-europid"? I have seen this term used only by Butlerking. It's nonsense.

Turanid is the mix of Gobid + Iranid + Baltid.
It's completely made up