PDA

View Full Version : How do you make friends, as an adult?

Larali
06-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Most of you all are probably in your 20s and single, but for those who are older with kids, I'm wondering, do you have friends? How often do you spend time with them? How do you find friends when you are an adult?

I used to have lots of friends. Most of them I met in college. Now, they have moved away, or they have nothing in common with me anymore, so we rarely get together. I don't go to church anymore, and I don't work. I'm also not on Facebook anymore (hate it!) so I miss out on stuff that happens...

I am active in my kid's school PTA, but those women seem to already have friends, or else are so wrapped up in their own business that they are not very receptive to my efforts to connect...

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but whatever...

Iloko
10-31-2018, 04:44 PM
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/220328-The-Realest-People-Dont-Have-A-Lot-Of-Friends.jpg

Kivan
10-31-2018, 04:47 PM
I don't know and i never cared about that. All my current friends simply came to me(for different reasons).

Harley
04-22-2019, 11:19 PM
I met all of my current friends on some form of social media. Have even flown out to see them, etc. My one friend in person is my brother’s ex girlfriend. It was weird because I don’t remember the instance where she started coming over to see me more than him(we live separately), but one day, they broke up and she was still coming over to my house to hang out with me. I think she views me as her mom figure.

Facebook does have a social events calendar. You could always browse what’s happening in your area on certain days then hang out and get to know people.