PDA

View Full Version : Have you discovered your double?

Absinthe
02-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Having been inspired by this thread (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1210900556), where we discovered that this person has a look-alike on Skadi, has it ever happened to you to become aware of the existence of a person that looks exactly like you? :D

In many instances I have been told I look like someone else, but there was a particular case that creeped me out :eek:

A Skadi member once messaged me, asking me if I have ever been to Iceland.

I said that I ubfortunately have never been there, and I asked him why he asked.

He said years ago he met a greek woman that was on vacations in Iceland. He had taken her photo and he showed me...

(pardon the gesture :o)

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2163/n59263555234704627019.jpg

:eek: I assure you, this is not me!! :D I've never been to Iceland! And if you look at it close enough, you can notice some differences (her fingers are longer than mine, and she has a gap between her teeth that I don't have).

But the resemblance is indeed uncanny.... The smile, even the mischievous look... :loco:

I would like to find out the identity of this woman....we could be long relatives or something.. :D

So, have you ever come across your spitting image?

Red Skull
02-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I haven't, and I think it would be a creepy experience. I like to think that I am one of a kind. :D

Revenant
02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
No, funnily enough though he lives in the same city as me.

He's fooled workmates and even my father. They come up and say "why were you so rude the other night" then I tell them it wasn't me, or they figure it out it was the double and tell me, I have a double :rolleyes:.

I've also had some random ladies be very affectionate-:wink thinking they knew me, that was fun.

His friends have also come up to me and start talking to me about three or four times when I used to catch the train.

Beorn
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM

That is an uncanny resemblance. If you had posted that in another thread I would have simply assumed it to be of you.

I have never met my double as such, but I have been told quite a few times that I have a few doubles running around out there.

The one in Guernsey was an absolute violent maniac and I'd have people telling me off for hitting their mates.
I even had one friend ask me if I was alright after the fight he had seen me in the previous night!
He wouldn't believe me when I said it wasn't me.

The most recent double experience was in my local pub. A few lads from Sunderland started drinking regularly in there and their last names were Clark, the same as me.
One in particular could easily pass for my brother. He is a few years older than me and the same build.

We tried to discover if we had any family connections, to no success, but I did say my Dad once worked in Newcastle.

Who knows? :D

Allenson
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
(pardon the gesture :o)

Yes, you are much more polite than she is. :D

Anyway no, I haven't yet my double--but that would be a real trip were I to! I wonder where he lives? :cool:

Thorum
02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Yes, I have and here he is after our night of brawling:

http://www.dogpile.com/clickserver/_iceUrlFlag=1?rawURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwzuy1.ask.com%2F r%3Ft%3Dp%26d%3Dsynus%26s%3Difs3%26c%3Dif3i%26l%3D dir%26o%3D0%26sv%3D0a5c4328%26ip%3D47b091a6%26id%3 DE410C8515B79A061B8DF6A4EBA751547%26q%3Dthor%2Bgod %26p%3D1%26qs%3D121%26ac%3D24%26g%3D13bdLlyGc9wb42 %26en%3Dpi%26io%3D0%26b%3Dimg%26tp%3Dd%26ec%3D16%2 6pt%3D%26ex%3D%26url%3D%26u%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.mic rosoft.com%2FGames%2Fageofmythology%2Fwhichgodarey ou%2Fimg%2Fgod_thor.jpg&0=&1=0&4=67.63.50.146&5=71.176.145.166&9=ff747d15671244da91b019e45596c901&10=1&11=info.dogpl&13=search&14=239125&15=main-title&17=1&18=1&19=0&20=0&21=1&22=r1iDAGp1sx8%3D&23=0&40=aK3ueczOw0PR6ZRuZplWXA%3D%3D&_IceUrl=true

We met in a bar in Medina. We were both on leave from the Legion. 8 or 9 double shots of whiskey and, boom, it seems we kicked 23 Muslim asses and toppled the town's minaret before the police came and prevented us from doing any further damage. Beat the shit out of the cops and fled. Destiny I suppose...............True story, true story.

Psychonaut
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I've been told be practically everyone who's seen our photos that Veritas Aequitas and I bear a striking resemblance to each other.

woody
02-25-2009, 12:46 AM
I've been told I look like all kinds of stars. In high school, I was always mistaken for 2 other guys, but we really didn't look alike. I just had a familiar looking face.

But, if there was another person on this planet that had my personality, I'd love to meet the person. We'd put the planet through hell. I've been told the world couldn't handle 2 of me...I'm not that bad, am I?

WinterMoon
02-25-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't think I have ever found my double. All the time I get people who tell me I look like "so & so" (insert any random person), but I have not yet seen anyone who honestly looks like me. I have actually been told by people that I look like a completely different person in almost all my pics, but I haven't had anyone ever tell me that in person, although I have had people in person ask me what I did differently when in fact I hadn't changed a thing. Anyhow, I dunno if I have a double out there. I know they say that everyone does, but I guess I just haven't found mine yet.

Jägerstaffel
02-25-2009, 01:14 AM
No one looks like me.

I'd pity anyone who did.

Aemma
02-25-2009, 04:47 AM
Nope I have to say and I'm really not quite sure I do believe in such, everybody having a double....although you offer compelling evidence, Absinthe. :D

True story to relate though: Several years ago I had read a story in our local paper about this one young man who frequented one of our university's here in town and who had two friends that were the spitting image of one another. It ends up that these two young men who looked incredibly alike were actually twins that had been separated at birth (by mistake, mind you--yes, the hospital had done a big old oopsie!). The twin who obviously stayed with his biological family grew up with a 'brother' who was his twin, thought to be a fraternal one since neither one looked like the other; while the 'lost' twin grew up as an only son, if memory serves. It ends up when these two biological twins met, they knew something was up since their resemblance was astounding. Later tests proved their blood relation. Interestingly enough, both of these young men were attending the same university and the same program of study. I've no idea how these two different families and the poor young man who ends up not being anybody's twin in the end all coped. Tragic story when you think about it. :(

Life can just be very weird sometimes.....

Interesting thread Absinthe! Thank you!

Cheers for now!...Aemma

Barreldriver
02-25-2009, 11:23 AM
As it stands right now I've got at least 5-6 look alikes ranging from Ireland, to England, to NZ, to other parts of the U.S. I've concluded that I'm one of a series of renegade clones that were generated by the U.S. government as a potential military utility but went horribly wrong because the creations have an absurd love for cheese and booze that doesn't aid in military ventures. :D

Treffie
02-25-2009, 12:02 PM
As it stands right now I've got at least 5-6 look alikes ranging from Ireland, to England, to NZ, to other parts of the U.S. I've concluded that I'm one of a series of renegade clones that were generated by the U.S. government as a potential military utility but went horribly wrong because the creations have an absurd love for cheese and booze that doesn't aid in military ventures. :D

Lol! Ever seen the X-Files?

Silverfern
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I have a double so I was told, that lives one hour away from me. Does the same job, but is far more crabby than me. :eek:

I am only crabby when the coffee runs out :coffee::D

Absinthe
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I have a double so I was told, that lives one hour away from me.
:eek: Weren't you ever curious to drive up to her area and meet her? :)

Silverfern
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
:eek: Weren't you ever curious to drive up to her area and meet her? :)
Hell no!

If she is more crabby than me I am keeping well away :D

The storys I got told was enough for me to keep the distance...

It was a very young nurse cried each time I spoke to her, in the end she told me about my double.

Absinthe
02-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Well that sounds creepy as hell and it reminds me of this story by Stephen King:

The Dark Half (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Half) is a horror novel by Stephen King, published in 1989.

It was also made a film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106664/) by George Romero.

A writer's fictional alter-ego wants to take over his life...at any price.

:D :D

Silverfern
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes I have seen that with Johnny Depp playing the lead role.

The book was great. :thumb001:

Freomæg
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
It changes. I've been in Germany and compared to some chubby skinhead :(. It was just a slight resemblance in the face and head. Most recently I've been told I look like this fella:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/whatistechnoagain/noCountryForOldMen-1024sm.jpg?t=1235570509

...but really it's just cos my hair at the moment is similar and we're both robust chaps :rolleyes: I think I'm one of those people that reminds different people of... well, different people. Different people focus on different features. One day I'm told I look like a Frenchman or Spaniard, the next that I look like Beowulf. Interesting how people perceive differently.

Lady L
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I have never heard of having a look alike although I haven't traveled far...:cool:

I did however have a twin that unfortunately didn't live but 4 months so I like to assume she is the closest to a look alike I might have. :angel

YggsVinr
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I actually came across a girl who looks very much like me on my campus. One day I was just walking down in the tunnels (our school has an underground tunnel system throughout campus mostly for weather purposes, lockers etc.) when I look up and pass by a girl who looks quite a bit like me to the point where we seemed to be wearing the same kind of clothes, our hair the same length (my hair's quite long and in this age of short hair styles I don't often see people with hair just above the waist unless they are fellow metalheads:p) and so on. I'm not sure I'd say she was my exact double but the resemblance was enough for us to briefly look at each other in curiosity and recognition as we passed each other. Every few days after that we kept running into each other but I never spoke to her.

Lenny
02-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Isn't there a superstition that if you see your doppelganger, it is a sign of your impending death?

Beorn
02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Isn't there a superstition that if you see your doppelganger, it is a sign of your impending death?

What if you're the doppelganger? Do they drop dead?

SwordoftheVistula
02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
The guy on the right looks just like me when I don't have a beard. I have a beard similar to the guy on the left, only bigger. My beard's double and that of my bearless lead rival factions of the 'Aryan Nations'

http://www.adl.org/NR/rdonlyres/ebszi7v4di4qda4tqgy3fgvqiuga5qw4yyv64xqffrd7bw4sc4 qaymkv3wdhtjlbv5qxucnc4i44pl/kreisand.jpg

I look very similar to a user on Skadi named 'Forkbeard' (except I have not forked my beard)

Osweo
03-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Well that sounds creepy as hell and it reminds me of this story by Stephen King:
Edgar Allen Poe wrote something very similar over a century ago! :mad:

I had a double at University. Same long hair and big long overcoat. I never saw him ever, but he was always around in our usual bar when I was away. A friend talked with him a bit once, and it seemed that his life was far more successful than mine at the time. He always had attractive girlfriends too, form what I've heard.

I'll find him one day, and snap his legs off for him. :coffee:

Is she single? :wink

Gooding
03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
No double for me..thank heavens :rolleyes:

Solwyn
03-02-2009, 12:28 AM
There is a lady in Moncton named Michelle who I have been confused with on several occasions in the past. When I worked at the Passport Office in Halifax, I used to have people walk up and start talking to me like they knew me, often to chastise me for not telling them that I'd moved to Nova Scotia:eek:

One day I met someone who knew this lady well and it turns out she and I have the same last name; we are in fact, cousins somewhere on the Cormier family tree. My grandfather was the youngest of 16, so he was never close to a large amount of his siblings. That combined with the fact that he moved to Cape Breton as a young man meant that we don't know that side of my family well at all. I have an Uncle Melton who was a long haul trucker for several years. He and my Aunt Sharon have traced and met several relatives in NB, Quebec and Louisiana.

I look enough like this Michelle to have been mistaken by relatives as well, LOL!!! Its a great icebreaker: "Why didn't you tell ME you moved?"
"Who the hell are you buddy????"

We have another cousin (however many times removed) that we've never met, named JP Cormier. He's a musician in The Maritimes. On several occasions my brother John has gotten free drinks and good seats in the restaurant because people think he's JP. :tongue

Gwynyvyr
03-05-2009, 06:01 PM
When I was in high school there was a girl in the same town that had an eerie resemblance to me. So much so, that one day this girls MOTHER thought I was her daughter and started scolding me for not being at home!
I, being rather blunt, flipped her off and told her to get the f*** away from me.
Thought she was some sort of crazy lady.
About a month later, I ran into the dopple to my ganger....she and I had the same hair length, same hair color (we had both dyed our hair blonde!) and same glasses. Standing side by side, one would think we were twins for sure.
No family connection at all.

Having this *twin* came in handy for a couple of years, though. If someone saw me and later said "I thought I saw you at such-and-such place", I'd tell them "Oh no...that was Melody (her name), we look like twins!" Got me out of trouble a couple of times:D
Even my parents, when they saw us together were rather amazed.

Last time I saw her, we were in our 20s and the twin thing came to a screeching halt. She had gotten her hair cut VERY short, added on about 200 pounds and was wearing contacts.

coldielox
03-07-2009, 12:17 AM
i have been told constantly through out my life that i have a "familiar face" or that someone swears on their life they have seen me before somewhere.. that i have never been... it was odd at first being a teen and having ppl stop me in such a manor.. but after time I just got use to it.

Vargtand
03-07-2009, 12:32 AM
No I am unique.

Groenewolf
03-07-2009, 02:06 PM
No that I know off. But in my second half of my teenage years someone once tought I was a well know actor.

SPQR
03-09-2009, 07:45 AM
No I have never met my double, though I did have an interesting encounter with a double of a friend of mine. I found a fellow who looked just like my friend Dave, they had the same face, same height, even dressed the same, the hair was the same length, but was a dirty blonde instead of a light brown. To make it even creepier they both drove small dodge trucks, only difference being Dave had a blue one, and this guy had a green one.

Haha actually I know a guy who looks a LOT like you. When I saw your pics in the Members Pictures Thread I thought "Damn he looks a lot like that guy Bronson..".

Barreldriver
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
No I have never met my double, though I did have an interesting encounter with a double of a friend of mine. I found a fellow who looked just like my friend Dave, they had the same face, same height, even dressed the same, the hair was the same length, but was a dirty blonde instead of a light brown. To make it even creepier they both drove small dodge trucks, only difference being Dave had a blue one, and this guy had a green one.

Haha actually I know a guy who looks a LOT like you. When I saw your pics in the Members Pictures Thread I thought "Damn he looks a lot like that guy Bronson..".

Who's this Bronson? Another escaped clone, damn. lol

Sigurd
03-09-2009, 04:40 PM
So, have you ever come across your spitting image?

Yes, a friend back home. We were having a party at my neighbour's ... and we were all sitting outside. Now, we sort of live on a corner, one can only see the garden, but not the bench near the window.

My mother was outside to give the dog his dinner, and saw him in profile --- and mistook him for me. :D

We are distinguishable enough now: He no longer has an undercut and I've since grown a goatee. Before that, except for the eyebrow and the nose, we were spitting images of each other. Must have been separated at birth and shipped into different villages or sth. :thumbs up

My grandmother was once mistaken for a well-known politician. No matter how much she insisted --- the waitress would not believe her and thought she just wanted to remain incognito. As a result, she was pampered and allocated the most prestigeous table of the restaurant and was unsucessful in attempting to pay for her food. :D

Manifest Destiny
03-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I have yet to find my double, thankfully. I'd feel sorry for anyone as hideous as me. :thumb001:

Sigurd
03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I have yet to find my double, thankfully. I'd feel sorry for anyone as hideous as me. :thumb001:

Or sadistic. :wink

Ulex
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Have you ever met your double, and what would you do, if this is going to happen?

I ask this question, because yesterday I learned about my double, and this was a quite disturbing experience. I'll tell you why.

Yesterday I went to a hotel in my hometown for a cold drink and a little chat with the owner, whom I happen to know quite well. In the bar I noticed a Norwegian woman who was constantly starring at me. I don't like women to stare at me, because I always get the feeling that I am becoming a part in some filthy fantasy of theirs, and I don't like that at all. I tried to ignore her and ordered a drink.

When she heard that I was speaking Danish, she obviously relaxed and came to my table.

"Excuse me," she said in Norwegian. "I just want to tell you that you have an exact double who lives in Bergen, Norway."

"Really? How big is his dick?" I wanted to know.

She told me, and her answer made me feel a bit uneasy.

But then she told me more about this double of mine, and he appears to be a real bad ass. His name is Stig, and he is the local city brute, and he has beaten up almost everybody in Bergen and the entire west coast. I tell you, you would not like to meet this guy at all, folks! He is the type of man who smiles at you in one moment, only to crush you in the next. A real bad ass.

The funny thing is, I have noticed that people from Bergen always have acted strangely and hostile in my presence. Now I know why. They don't know if I am Stig or not, so they better don't take any chances.

I would like to go to Bergen and meet my brutal double. I will tell him to calm down a bit, as his actions have consequences for me down in Denmark. Then I would beat him up, because it would be funny to beat someone who looks exactly like me. It would be therapy, and I believe that all my self hatred can be cured that way. Finally, I would pull down his pants and compare the size of our dicks to see, if the Norwegian woman at the hotel really spoke the truth.

This guy, Stig from Bergen, is facing the most terrible day of his life, but I feel it is necessary to put an end to his terror and restore the reputation of people with my looks.

Now, let's hear your experiences on doubles.

Amarantine
06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I never met my double in my entire life, I think I don't have a double at all.

I have to add, you have interesting introducing style with ladies.

Lulletje Rozewater
06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes a Dutchman Ter Haar, married to an African,divorced 10 years later.

He was so strikingly my double that even Jaqui-from a distance- once called me by 'Hey Lovey', in the President hotel in Gaberone (Botswana), just about wet my niggerboggers.

http://www.iankhama.com/botswana-of-the-khamas-by-the-khamas-for-the-khamas/

Johan Ter Haar - Brother in law. Khama’s friend and former chairman of the Business and Economic Advisory Council

' knickerbockers'

Absinthe
06-26-2009, 01:10 PM
We have a search function (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2475) you know :D :p

Phlegethon
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
No double, as I am one of a kind.

But there is an infamous Bandidos member with the same name who made it into international news a couple of years ago when he stood trial for manslaughter and for some reason everyone in the news media thought it was me (an infamous right-wing extremist, but higher priority if you do a Google search).

Allenson
06-26-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't like women to stare at me, because I always get the feeling that I am becoming a part in some filthy fantasy of theirs, and I don't like that at all..

And there's something wrong with this? :rolleyes:

LOL, did you really say this to her?

Anyhoo, no, I haven't yet met my double but perhaps he's out there somwhere. :coffee:

Útrám
06-27-2009, 01:05 PM
We have a search function (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2475) you know :D :p

This thread just met it's double.

Sol Invictus
06-29-2009, 03:05 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2yjppfk.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2udxt04.jpg

Tabiti
06-29-2009, 07:01 AM
No, I haven't. I've been only told that I look like some people, but never met someone to look like me that much.

Tony
06-29-2009, 10:06 AM
She told me, and her answer made me feel a bit uneasy.

He had it longer than yours , right?:D

well , it's true it's disturbing , I once saw a guy who was exactly my brother save the height , but his face , his slim body , the way he walk and even talk was the very same as those of my bro , he had even the same haircut and glasses , I consider myself a rational man and knew my brother was somewhere else for sure but for a while I was about to go crazy , that's too weird , a bizarre experience.

Inese
06-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I have not met my double but some think Chloe Sevigny is when she was young

http://www.celebritybrands.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/chloe-sevigny-ut.jpghttp://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2008/04/chloe_sevigny_fronts_uniqlo_s_latest_campaign_imag esNewsHome.jpg
http://www.tshirtwatch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/chloe_l.jpg
http://pix.sueddeutsche.de/leben/50/453738/sevigny459-1231427541.jpg

Útrám
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
David Welker, a guy arrested outside a Wallmart superstore in Florida for rape(how charming). It's like looking into a mirror, I even have a similar Van Dyke beard.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/IsraeliteRian84/Misc%20Photos/37679311.jpg

Aemma
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
This thread just met it's double.

And now they are conjoined twins. :D

Turkophagos
06-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Eduardo Noriega, the bad Spanish guy in "Transiberian":

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2755/54/117/585991574/n585991574_1614370_4537152.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/Fence_photos/489ab945.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v143/54/117/585991574/n585991574_141577_6641.jpg

Amarantine
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Eduardo Noriega, the bad Spanish guy in "Transiberian":

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2755/54/117/585991574/n585991574_1614370_4537152.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/Fence_photos/489ab945.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v143/54/117/585991574/n585991574_141577_6641.jpg

Whenever I saw Noriega's pict immediatelly think on Maniot craziot :rolleyes:

Wonder why? hahaha

Angantyr
07-01-2009, 01:15 PM
My nephew found my double in a magazine when he was only five or so. He was leafing through a magazine when he found an advertisement for cigarettes with a happy family in it, including my doppelganger in the role of the father. He ran to my sister to point me out and my sister was amazed at the similarity. She tore out the picture and eventually gave it to me. I have kept it for the past eleven years. My double is incredibly similar to me in appearance, and I can only surmise his personality.