PDA

View Full Version : Why most European cuisine suck?

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 04:29 AM
this is an honest question, why do majority of European cuisine taste awful? the only ones that dont is Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Greek, but the rest of you be eating some nasty tasteless stuff that i never understood why people ate that

Iloko
06-09-2018, 04:34 AM
I heard London has some amazing fish&chips..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8kgF2HaniA

MysteriousWays
06-09-2018, 04:36 AM
Lithuanian and Russian food are both pretty good IMO.

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 04:38 AM
I heard London has some amazing fish&chips..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8kgF2HaniA

its not that good, its good for northern european standards but thats all

i prefer this
http://www.laprensasonoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls-5.jpeg

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 04:39 AM
Lithuanian and Russian food are both pretty good IMO.

havent tasted Lithuanian but Russian food is very nasty and awful, lacks flavor in their cuisine, its very bland

Óttar
06-09-2018, 04:42 AM
I fucking love British pub food. Shepherd's pie? Pot roast? That's good food!

Kriptc06
06-09-2018, 04:46 AM
this is an honest question, why do majority of European cuisine taste awful? the only ones that dont is Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Greek, but the rest of you be eating some nasty tasteless stuff that i never understood why people ate that

I love paella, that shit tastes very good!

alnortedelsur
06-09-2018, 04:47 AM

In that list I would change French for German food. German food is pretty good, and I like it better than French food. No offense to French users, but I don't understand that French custom of putting butter on everything. I think French cuisine is over rated for this reason.

Agree with the rest of the list. And Spanish food would be the best one.

Zuh
06-09-2018, 04:48 AM
I don't know but Mexico food is indeed the best specially mole mmm OMG thank god for our indigenous food traditions .

Óttar
06-09-2018, 04:49 AM
In that list I would change French for German food. German food is pretty good, and I like it better than French food. No offense to French users, but I don't understand that French custom of putting butter on everything. I think French cuisine is over rated for this reason.

German food is influenced by its neighbors depending on the region i.e. West Germany - French, North Germany - Danish, South German - Italian, East German - Czech, Polish, etc.

RandomGuy20
06-09-2018, 04:51 AM
Russian food is very nasty and awful, lacks flavor in their cuisine, its very bland

Have you tried traditional beef stroganoff? I could eat that stuff everyday for the rest of my life :yumyum:

Dick
06-09-2018, 04:51 AM
It's just food, faggots.

alnortedelsur
06-09-2018, 04:54 AM
I don't know but Mexico food is indeed the best specially mole mmm OMG thank god for our indigenous food traditions .

I ate chicken with mole, rice, and Guacamole salad in a Mexican restaurant close to Harrisburg, in my way back from a vacation trip that I made to New Jersey few days ago.

It was so good.

Zuh
06-09-2018, 04:56 AM
I ate chicken with mole, rice, and Guacamole salad in a Mexican restaurant close to Harrisburg, in my way back from a vacation trip that I made to New Jersey few days ago.

It was so good.

Omg yassss the best. Mexican food is that best that even other Latino countries are stealing Mexican food receipt :D:p

Lamoral
06-09-2018, 05:01 AM
A lot of the best American food is German in origin. Any time you have a really good hamburger, sausage, grilled meat with some fried potatoes, or any combination of those ingredients, chances are it has some German origins. I mean, Hamburger and Frankfurter (hot dog) literally have German names. Everyone likes hamburgers and hot dogs, if they're made well.

Between that, and Italian, French, Spanish, Greek, food, you're talking about the majority of Europe. From Eastern Europe we get good smoked and grilled meat, Jewish Kosher sausages and deli meat, various kinds of dumpling and fish, it's all pretty good. So that's the majority of Europe. What is left? The British Isles? It's not known for good food around the world, but the truth is, the food there is like anywhere else in the world: good if it's prepared well, bad if it's not. Because Britain is an island nation, you can get good seafood almost anywhere there.

Bottom line is, every country on earth has good food and bad food.

alnortedelsur
06-09-2018, 05:02 AM
Omg yassss the best. Mexican food is that best that even other Latino countries are stealing Mexican food receipt :D:p

Venezuelan and Colombian foods are really good too.

TEUTORIGOS
06-09-2018, 05:05 AM

What ? I eat burpees and shit dynamite !

https://en.drinkology.de/media/image/92/91/a0/15890_600x600.jpg

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:07 AM
I love paella, that shit tastes very good!

yeah, the one my family makes is better because we add chile peppers and it gives it a spicy hint to it, sooo good and yummy

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:10 AM

i didnt really like German food at all when I went to Germany, their food is very nasty that even immigrants avoid eating it
French food can be good, it just depends on what part of France you are in
you might like Southern French cuisine

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:11 AM
It's just food, faggots.

food has to be good, not nasty, i am wasting dollas on them bitch as niggas and they better taste good

alnortedelsur
06-09-2018, 05:13 AM
i didnt really like German food at all when I went to Germany, their food is very nasty that even immigrants avoid eating it
French food can be good, it just depends on what part of France you are in
you might like Southern French cuisine

If they don't put butter on everything... perhaps.

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:13 AM
A lot of the best American food is German in origin. Any time you have a really good hamburger, sausage, grilled meat with some fried potatoes, or any combination of those ingredients, chances are it has some German origins. I mean, Hamburger and Frankfurter (hot dog) literally have German names. Everyone likes hamburgers and hot dogs, if they're made well.

Between that, and Italian, French, Spanish, Greek, food, you're talking about the majority of Europe. From Eastern Europe we get good smoked and grilled meat, Jewish Kosher sausages and deli meat, various kinds of dumpling and fish, it's all pretty good. So that's the majority of Europe. What is left? The British Isles? It's not known for good food around the world, but the truth is, the food there is like anywhere else in the world: good if it's prepared well, bad if it's not. Because Britain is an island nation, you can get good seafood almost anywhere there.

Bottom line is, every country on earth has good food and bad food.

yeah I understand the influence Germany has in American cuisine, must be one of the reason why American cuisine sucks, the only good ones are those from the Southern part of America and that is thanks to the influence of France and Spain
but yeah the German influence is there, but I would pick an American hotdog any day over a German one, I would also pick an American hamburger over the German one

not every country was blessed with good food, we cant say that and try to hide the reality, many countries were blessed with awful cuisine

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:14 AM
If they don't put butter on everything... perhaps.

their cuisine has Spanish influence so you might like it, I liked it

TEUTORIGOS
06-09-2018, 05:18 AM
its not that good, its good for northern european standards but thats all

i prefer this
http://www.laprensasonoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls-5.jpeg

Ulster fry :

http://www.cloughbanefarm.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/f/r/fry.jpg

SkyBurn
06-09-2018, 05:20 AM
East and South asian food > South american food

European food is fine, I guess

Zuh
06-09-2018, 05:26 AM
Lamoal you look like that over weight version of Harry porter on your avatar picture. ;)

Óttar
06-09-2018, 05:29 AM
Ulster fry :
I don't understand why everyone trashes British Isles' food. Some of it is really fantastic.

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:31 AM
East and South asian food > South american food

European food is fine, I guess

South Asian food is not that great at all either, the only East Asian cuisine I like is Chinese food but the rest I dont and its only certain dishes, it lacks a lot of flavor, while South Asians flavor is over powering, it smells bad, and it doesnt taste that great, I do like their rices though like the one with peanuts and also biryani

Southeast Asian cuisine tops them especially Thai cuisine

South American cuisine is okay, not that great either save for Peru who are top contenders in Latino cuisine, but the best is always Mexican cuisine and Mexican cuisine is a lot better than South Asian and East Asian

silentkiller
havent tasted Lithuanian but Russian food is very nasty and awful, lacks flavor in their cuisine, its very bland
Russian cuisine is not overloaded with spices, I understand that as a Mexican or a Hispanic you are used to eat spicy food. I know that many Latin Americans do not like Russian cuisine because of the fact that it seems to be "empty", "tasteless". I like some dishes of Peruvian, Italian and Spanish cuisine, but I do not like spicy and sea food, so it's a matter of taste. I also noticed an interesting feature that a dish of national cuisine is prepared well in the territory to which it belongs. The most delicious anticucho that I tried was cooked in Peru. I've been to a couple of so-called culinary evenings, which were arranged by the Ukrainian woman in the Russian embassy in Lima, but her cooking was disgusting, actually I cook better than she does.

alnortedelsur
I don't understand why everyone trashes British Isles' food. Some of it is really fantastic.

I don't think is bad either. Is a bit simple, but is okay.

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Ulster fry :

http://www.cloughbanefarm.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/f/r/fry.jpg

https://cdn-image.realsimple.com/sites/default/files/styles/rs_horizontal_image_4/public/huevos-rancheros_0.jpg

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:37 AM
Russian cuisine is not overloaded with spices, I understand that as a Mexican or a Hispanic you are used to eat spicy food. I know that many Latin Americans do not like Russian cuisine because of the fact that it seems to be "empty", "tasteless". I like some dishes of Peruvian, Italian and Spanish cuisine, but I do not like spicy and sea food, so it's a matter of taste. I also noticed an interesting feature that a dish of national cuisine is prepared well in the territory to which it belongs. The most delicious anticucho that I tried was cooked in Peru. I've been to a couple of so-called culinary evenings, which were arranged by the Ukrainian woman in the Russian embassy in Lima, but her cooking was disgusting, actually I cook better than she does.

yeah but most hispanics do not eat spicy food, in fact its for the most part Mexicans and to a lesser extent Peruvians but other than that, no one else in Latin America
its not about it being spicy, its all about the flavors, a lot of times most europeans lack flavors, and so weird combinations of ingredients that most of the time doesnt even work well at all

im sure there are some dishes from Russia that are great but majority will not be
the same can be said for other european nations
with Italian cuisine for example, most of it is great, a minority of it is bad

Carlito's Way
06-09-2018, 05:38 AM
i also dont like most of latin american cuisine, Silentkiller, but their cuisine is a lot better and filled with flavor than most European cuisines

TEUTORIGOS
06-09-2018, 05:45 AM
https://cdn-image.realsimple.com/sites/default/files/styles/rs_horizontal_image_4/public/huevos-rancheros_0.jpg

Yeah, that looks healthier in yoga pants pansy kind of way. No meat no man !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwkzbz2Qzm8

oszkar07
06-09-2018, 05:56 AM

Personally disagree I dont think Euro food tastes awful , I like most of it.
The worst cuisine I had in Europe was in Amsterdam at traditional Dutch food restaurant, could have just been that particuliar place but the food was bland and boring.
Otherwise I found good food in most countries I visited, I like spicy food a lot so I enjoy mexican food , have had some good stuff when I been in the states but also have had some really bland meals in America like generous portions but bland and flavourless.
My fave drive through food in Cali is In and Out burger , number 3 double double animal style, and with the chilli pepper in tha bag.

silentkiller
06-09-2018, 08:14 AM
yeah but most hispanics do not eat spicy food, in fact its for the most part Mexicans and to a lesser extent Peruvians but other than that, no one else in Latin America
its not about it being spicy, its all about the flavors, a lot of times most europeans lack flavors, and so weird combinations of ingredients that most of the time doesnt even work well at all
What combinations seem strange to you? For example, I could never understand why mashed potatoes (el pure de papas) is prepared very liquid and consumed together with rice to make it look like a food. On the other hand, the combination of beans and rice seems to me not very tasty. And from all Latin American cuisines, that I've tried, I like Argentine cuisine the most, it is the most Europeanized and usual to me. I think it's a matter of habit. Usually, it works like that - the dishes and combinations of ingredients and flavors that you know from childhood seem the tastiest ones to a person. Russians live in the zone of risky farming, so the set of ingredients is not very large, and this explains the monotony of our kitchen. On the other hand, the presence of an ocean nearby explains why in Lima there are a lot of seafood dishes.

im sure there are some dishes from Russia that are great but majority will not be
the same can be said for other european nations
with Italian cuisine for example, most of it is great, a minority of it is bad
I also like Italian food, because it somehow reminds me a Russian food, it has a lot of creamy taste, pasta and meat and it's fatty.

silentkiller
06-09-2018, 08:19 AM
i also dont like most of latin american cuisine, Silentkiller, but their cuisine is a lot better and filled with flavor than most European cuisines
I think that this is a subjective thing. many Peruvians believe that their cuisine is the best in the world. Yes, they have many interesting culinary decisions, but for me (because I grew up in Russia and lived there for 20 years), Russian cuisine is the coolest one, simply cause my mom was cooking these dishes for me.

Thracian
06-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Who cares about food. You can live without tasty food. At least European beers are great.

MinervaItalica
06-09-2018, 09:48 AM
I also like Italian food, because it somehow reminds me a Russian food,

:confused:

Italian food is very mediterranean, what are similarities with the Russian one?

it has a lot of creamy taste, pasta and meat and it's fatty.

I don't think Italian food is fatty at all overall... maybe some dishes.

Cristiano viejo
06-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Only South Europe have good cuisine.
North and East Europe lack creativity and sources.

Megadorian
06-09-2018, 10:17 AM

Agreed, gypsyberia is north africa oriented and completely unrelated to southern european countries like Greece or Italy

Cristiano viejo
06-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Agreed, gypsyberia is north africa oriented and completely unrelated to southern european countries like Greece or Italy

Said a Greek :D

Jana
06-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Don't know for others, but Croatian cusine is delicious.

Mixture of our own authentic things with Italian, Hungarian, German and Turkish influences, we are known as great food destination.

Hungarian food - amazing. It's quite famous around the world, but very specific, it has similarities with Mexican because it's quite strong and chilly.

Jana
06-09-2018, 10:36 AM
In my opinion worst cusine is in UK, Scandinavian countries and probably northeastern European .

Southern , central and southeastern Europe have great food, but tastes shouldn't be discussed. Everyone likes different things.

Aldaris
06-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Most European cuisines tend to be "meh" overall indeed, excluding the very ones mentioned in the original post. There might be some good dishes here and there, but generally, most European traditional food pales in comparison with foods of China, southeast Asia or India, to put a few examples.

Magnolia
06-09-2018, 10:41 AM
It has something in common with climate and natural resources, don't you think?

Nurzat
06-09-2018, 10:45 AM

I agree, European cold climate cuisine sucks big time. we cook Ukrainian and Romanian in my family and it's only very fat stuff, everything is fried, salty/sour and fatty

hinabutt
06-09-2018, 10:46 AM
the best European cousin: Ratatouille
:D

silentkiller
06-09-2018, 12:51 PM
:confused:
Italian food is very mediterranean, what are similarities with the Russian one?
I was referring to mainstream things like pizzas, various pastas and ravioli. We have pierogi (pies), pasta dishes and pelmeni. There is a certain similarity in the general concept of these dishes.

I don't think Italian food is fatty at all overall... maybe some dishes.
What about lasagna bolognese? I've never tried something so fatty in Russian cuisine.

MinervaItalica
06-09-2018, 12:55 PM
What about lasagna bolognese? I've never tried something so fatty in Russian cuisine.

Italian cuisine is generally full of Carbohydrates not Fats. Read about the Mediterranean Diet.

More or less always depends what you put on Italian dishes. Italian-Americans for example have their own (completely different) way.

silentkiller
06-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Italian cuisine is generally full of Carbohydrates not Fats. Read about the Mediterranean Diet.

More or less always depends what you put on Italian dishes. Italian-Americans for example have their own (completely different) way.
It is interesting. Of course, my knowledge is superficial, and I do not pretend to be a connoisseur of Italian food :)

Carlito's Way
06-10-2018, 02:31 AM

quoted so the slobs in the back can see the truth

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-10-2018, 02:35 AM
Lol i went to the UK fish and chips was like most common thing we seen there besides american fast food chain. Fish and chips wasnt bad but I mean its not that great. Its like I was in america. Except they eat beans with no rice there for breakfast Ive seen lol. This is a food crime. Beans and rice were meant to be together.

♥ Lily ♥
06-10-2018, 02:40 AM
Lol i went to the UK fish and chips was like most common thing we seen there besides american fast food chain. Fish and chips wasnt bad but I mean its not that great. Its like I was in america. Except they eat beans with no rice there for breakfast Ive seen lol. This is a food crime. Beans and rice were meant to be together.

Which part of the UK did you go to? :icon_ask: Did you not visit any of the numerous upclass restaurants and cafes, or shops selling hand-made chocolates, etc? Did you not visit the markets with fruits and vegetables from around the globe?

Fish and chips originated in Spain, but in the UK it's usually sausage n chips, steak n kidney pie, pie n mash, mushy peas, pickled onions, etc... and other English dishes are ploughmans, Lancashire hotpot, Cornish pasty, etc.

Curry originated in the UK and we have annual curry awards each year attended by the politicians, etc. Indian and Chinese are found all over the UK, along with a lot of Italian places. Chinese sweet n' sour chicken is an extremely popular dish in the UK.

Curry is the most popular UK dish and it's delicious. I only like mild dishes though, such as chicken tikka masala or korma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upfu5nQB2ks

I've tried lots of types of international cuisines, but nothing is more delicious and popular here than Indian. (It's superior to all the other cuisines.) The UK has loads of Indian restaurants to choose from.

London has over 70 varieties of world cuisine in the street markets, cafes, restaurants, bars, etc. (English food isn't as easy to find in London, and there's not many fish n chip places seen in London as there are Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese sushi bars, Caribbean tropical foods, Thai, Lebanese, Mexican, Argentine, Brazilian, Russian, Greek, Spanish, Basque, Persian, Moroccan, etc.)

One of the numerous markets in London... this is in East London:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R__6Gm91F4E

West London (we have loads of fresh bakeries, chocolatier specialist stores, cafes serving med foods, freshly made organic smoothies, sushi, frushi, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3I8IV7AkWs

Also there's a lot of very good authentic Italian restaurants in my original home county of Dorset along the south-west coast, in addition to good seafood restaurants there.

I went to an excellent (and very busy) Italian restaurant close to the Victoria & Albert Museum in Kensington with my mother which we visited in February this year. I also went to another good Italian restaurant with 7 other people near Marylebone last November. There's an excellent little French restaurant I love along Upper Street near the Angel in Islington. I went there with 3 other people once (my English boyfriend and two of our friends) and all four of us loved our meals there. There's loads of good places to eat in Covent Garden too.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-10-2018, 02:47 AM
Best food i have had is carribean food all my life. Italian food is good but is not amazing to me (except parm chicken sandwiches and pineapple pizza because they are amazing tasty goodness). Mexican food is pretty bad to me. Except for nachos. Fajitas are ok but I dont find them fascinating good.

But carribean food is best food I ever had in my life. Mangu, oxtail, arroz con habichuelas, guadules, yuca frita, yuca mash, batata, theres this other food i forget what its called. Casava, maduros, tostones, aguacate, pollo guisao. We have the best foods. Not just spanish carribean. I had jamaican food, it was bomb. Except bacalao, i hate that crap. Agrentinian food is good also. I have to say the best food in the world is latin american food in general from what it seems like and carribean food.

I am curious whats cuisine like in other latin american countries. Venuezela seems like they have ok food. Ive had some venuezelan food. Argentina also was good.

Carlito's Way
06-10-2018, 02:56 AM
Best food i have had is carribean food all my life. Italian food is good but is not amazing to me (except parm chicken sandwiches and pineapple pizza because they are amazing tasty goodness). Mexican food is pretty bad to me. Except for nachos. Fajitas are ok but I dont find them fascinating good.

But carribean food is best food I ever had in my life. Mangu, oxtail, arroz con habichuelas, guadules, yuca frita, yuca mash, batata, theres this other food i forget what its called. Casava, maduros, tostones, aguacate, pollo guisao. We have the best foods. Not just spanish carribean. I had jamaican food, it was bomb. Except bavalao, i hate that crap. Agrentinian food is good also. I have to say the best food in the world is latin american food in general from what it seems like and carribean food.

I am curious whats cuisine like in other latin american countries. Venuezela seems like they have ok food. Ive had some venuezelan food. Argentina also was good.

im not a fan of argenint ecuisine, ive had it because my sister dated an Argebtine
i also had caribbean cuisine in New York and i wasnt amazed by it at all, a lot of thing are similar to what i grew up eating but we season it a lot better, what i notice is that caribbeans from puerto rico, dominican republic and cuba use sazon to season their food and other powder stuff which is a no no for me, while i grew up using actual veggies, chile peppers, cumin, garlic etc to season the meat, rice, and pretty much anything, caribbeans in my opinion are very lazy when it comes to cooking and seasoning their food and when i mean season i dont mean powder season bought from the store, i mean real seasoning from scratch, though the mexican there was awful as hell yet people still liked eating it and never understood why

best foods for me is
Mexican (the diversity is very big when it comes to cuisine)
Thai (their cuisine is awesome as hell)
Chinese (love chinese food a lot, can it all day)

this is typical cuisine from Veracruz, the plantains to sweet potato, to black beans and white rice, to pillo de gallo, corn
https://i.imgur.com/pyFT721.jpg

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-10-2018, 03:00 AM
A notable mention in american I like alot is okras. Pretty dam good stuff.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-10-2018, 03:08 AM
im not a fan of argenint ecuisine, ive had it because my sister dated an Argebtine
i also had caribbean cuisine in New York and i wasnt amazed by it at all, a lot of thing are similar to what i grew up eating but we season it a lot better, what i notice is that caribbeans from puerto rico, dominican republic and cuba use sazon to season their food and other powder stuff which is a no no for me, while i grew up using actual veggies, chile peppers, cumin, garlic etc to season the meat, rice, and pretty much anything, caribbeans in my opinion are very lazy when it comes to cooking and seasoning their food and when i mean season i dont mean powder season bought from the store, i mean real seasoning from scratch, though the mexican there was awful as hell yet people still liked eating it and never understood why

best foods for me is

this is typical cuisine from Veracruz, the plantains to sweet potato, to black beans and white rice, to pillo de gallo, corn

My mother prepares yellow rice rice but she also throws in the cilitantro, peppers, olives ect. But then she also throws in sasazon packet. Its not like they just sazon it and thats it.

And meats same if talk about chicken stew. They typically mix in potatoes carrots ect cillantro ect whatever is used to cook it. Now if you mean like baked chicken they typically throw in some red wine I think, lemon /lime . Spanish restaurants have their own oil they brush on the chicken when making pollo a la parilla ect. They dont just throw in sazon and be done with it.
Us carribean people also boil our beans. I hate refried beans. I had boiled beans from a mexican place but its pretty bad still. Dominicans typically get their beans fresh from a bag. And boil it. Mexican joint i visited for the beans was horrible when I had it with rice because they cooked the beans worse than usual (compared to having beans from other mexican joints)and the rice was horrible. Sometimes I think they get their beans from a can. I hate beans from a can. I had eaten that many times. It doesnt compare to boiled beans from a bag

alnortedelsur
06-10-2018, 03:12 AM

best foods for me is

Is very similar to the Venezuelan "Pabellon Criollo". The Venezuelan national dish.

Carlito's Way
06-10-2018, 03:28 AM
My mother prepares yellow rice rice but she also throws in the cilitantro, peppers, olives ect. But then she also throws in sasazon packet. Its not like they just sazon it and thats it.

And meats same if talk about chicken stew. They typically mix in potatoes carrots ect cillantro ect whatever is used to cook it. Now if you mean like baked chicken they typically throw in some red wine I think, lemon /lime . Spanish restaurants have their own oil they brush on the chicken when making pollo a la parilla ect. They dont just throw in sazon and be done with it.
Us carribean people also boil our beans. I hate refried beans. I had boiled beans from a mexican place but its pretty bad still. Dominicans typically get their beans fresh from a bag. And boil it. Mexican joint i visited for the beans was horrible when I had it with rice because they cooked the beans worse than usual (compared to having beans from other mexican joints)and the rice was horrible. Sometimes I think they get their beans from a can. I hate beans from a can. I had eaten that many times. It doesnt compare to boiled beans from a bag

When I stayed with the Dominican/Puerto Rican family in New York, I saw them prepare many of their dishes and a lot of their season was store bought, you guys use a lot of Goya products, a loooot, most used is Adobo, Sazon and Sofrito, none of it was scratch made by them at all. I remember when I cooked for them authentic mexican food from Veracruz, they were amazed to see that everything I did was from scratch 100%, from the seasoning to the salsas, to even the tortillas and the beans, they even said Mexican food takes a lot of time to prepare

Mexican food in the East Coast is so terrible, like really bad, I didnt like it myself, and the thing is that its very hard to find good mexican spots out there
but yeah, many of their restaurants use bought can beans, they are not freshly made
i like refried beans when they are spicy and usually at night with my tortilla, queso fresco and molcajete, its very good

but you will not find any good mexican restaurants out there
the only place that you can get good tacos is this place called Los Tacos No.1
https://www.yelp.com/biz/los-tacos-no-1-new-york

they are a bit pricey, the owners and workers there are straight from Tijuana, these are Tijuana style tacos
best thing youll get in New York when it comes to Mexican food

if you go there, get the adobada tacos and make sure they add you some pineapple, adobaada/tacos al pastor are my favorite ones
trust, these will be the best tacos youll ever have when it comes to East Coast tacos, the best
https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/tGpxEdAAVMyjXa_khxxpEA/o.jpg

Carlito's Way
06-10-2018, 03:29 AM
Is very similar to the Venezuelan "Pabellon Criollo". The Venezuelan national dish.

i just googled it, it is very similarm except you guys use shredded beef, we normally use chicken but didnt make it that day because i didnt have any

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-10-2018, 03:47 AM
When I stayed with the Dominican/Puerto Rican family in New York, I saw them prepare many of their dishes and a lot of their season was store bought, you guys use a lot of Goya products, a loooot, most used is Adobo, Sazon and Sofrito, none of it was scratch made by them at all. I remember when I cooked for them authentic mexican food from Veracruz, they were amazed to see that everything I did was from scratch 100%, from the seasoning to the salsas, to even the tortillas and the beans, they even said Mexican food takes a lot of time to prepare

Mexican food in the East Coast is so terrible, like really bad, I didnt like it myself, and the thing is that its very hard to find good mexican spots out there
but yeah, many of their restaurants use bought can beans, they are not freshly made
i like refried beans when they are spicy and usually at night with my tortilla, queso fresco and molcajete, its very good

but you will not find any good mexican restaurants out there
the only place that you can get good tacos is this place called Los Tacos No.1
https://www.yelp.com/biz/los-tacos-no-1-new-york

they are a bit pricey, the owners and workers there are straight from Tijuana, these are Tijuana style tacos
best thing youll get in New York when it comes to Mexican food

if you go there, get the adobada tacos and make sure they add you some pineapple, adobaada/tacos al pastor are my favorite ones
trust, these will be the best tacos youll ever have when it comes to East Coast tacos, the best
https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/tGpxEdAAVMyjXa_khxxpEA/o.jpg

Yea. I remember when I was small and when I was in DR they used to make prepare seasoning themselves . I dont remember what its called. But it was like a wooden grinder. Where you had kind of like a wooden bowl and a wooden thick short stick and grind the seasoning up. It takes a long time and most people dont have that much time for that. They also buy the parsely flakes, rosmary leaves garlic powder ect. Sometimes garlic was actually used in my home sometimes not. But still even with all that lazy stuff Its still way better than most foods. To me way better than my experience with mexican food.

I like chinese food but I dont touch chinese restaurants anymore.

Never had thai food.

Japanese food is awesome.

Im not a fan of spicey food. I used to be when I was little. Forget about it. But I dont like spicey foods anymore really. I like my food now a days when its flavorful but not spicey.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-10-2018, 03:52 AM
I wanna try peruvian chicken. I heard they had some of the best chicken

Dandelion
06-23-2018, 09:35 AM
I was about to say 'only black people think this'. Lo and behold.

You're not black but you think you are, close enough.

Gold-Shekel
06-23-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't think French cuisine (traditional) is anything great, it's usually stuff that nobody eats. It really shows the French people have suffered from famine quite a lot.