PDA

View Full Version : London imam threatened after telling Muslims to grow up and accept evolution

Thorum
03-12-2011, 09:47 PM
"DR USAMA Hasan, Vice Chairman of the Masjid Madrasah al-Tawhid mosque in Leyton High Road (http://freethinker.co.uk/2011/03/08/london-imam-threatened-after-telling-muslims-to-grow-up-and-accept-evolution/) has invoked the wrath of fundamentalist hotheads who want him dead for daring to suggest that Muslims need to accept the theory of evolution."

No surprise here...

Murphy
03-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Thorum.. do you not understand the difference between a Christian and a Mohammedan?

Thorum
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Thorum.. do you not understand the difference between a Christian and a Mohammedan?

I'll bite. What is the difference?

Raikaswinþs
03-20-2011, 10:25 PM
wise words Mullah. May Allah illuminate his sons with the grace of rationalism

Murphy
03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I'll bite. What is the difference?

. . .

Thorum, stop putting non-Christian related items into the Christian Theology and Philosophy section.

Osweo
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
In the wrong subforum, it seems.

Anyway... I went to school with Pakis. One time, we had a debate about science and religion, and I drew a little cartoon of the 'sides' for a poster for it. Ali then said to me that I shouldn't have drawn the Ayatollah stood next to the rabbi and bishop, as Islam was not particularly insistent on an anti-evolution understanding of biodiversity.

I wonder if this London mosque is home to Arabs, rather than Pakis, or a different sect? :shrug:

Or was my classmate doing the Taqiya 'deceive the infidel' trick to not give his religion an even worse name than it has? :p

Treffie
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Moved to Current Affairs, not a big problem.