PDA

View Full Version : Classify my bride?

Áedán Remigius
06-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Hey folks. Thanks for your input on my taxonomy yesterday. I wanted to post my wife's info too:
Ethnicity: Another typical white American algorithm. Most of her family were first settlers of the Upper Ohio River Valley (around Steubenville Ohio), West Virginia and Western PA and have lived stateside since the early-mid 1700s, migrating mostly from Virginia and the Lower Midwest into the Ohio River Valley--so not a lot of other cultural memory besides Appalachian Ohioan, although they mainly are very proud to consider themselves Scots-Irish. Her Mom also has family stories of Cherokee ancestry, which did not show on her DNA results.
Her family results from AncestryDNA:
43% Europe West, 33%Great Britain,10% Ireland/Scotland/Wales.
Low Confidence Regions: 6%Iberian Peninsula, 4%Finland/Northwest Russia, 1% Europe East, <1% Scandinavia, <1% Asia Central, <1% Polynesia
Height: 5'2 & 1/4"
Weight: not giving
Skin color: lightly freckled
Eye color: green with blue undertone
Hair color: now a "dirty dishwater" or ash blonde at it's roots, darkening as we get older.
Where could she pass as a typical native?
Thank you again for your help. :-)

Columella
06-12-2018, 06:23 PM
To me: Dutch.
She is basically the subject of most painting by Rembrandt or Vermeer.
She seems to have a narrow and probably Dolico head. Low headed. Mainly Nordic.

Áedán Remigius
06-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Interesting! I would agree. Thank you!
To me: Dutch.
She is basically the subject of most painting by Rembrandt or Vermeer.
She seems to have a narrow and probably Dolico head. Low headed. Mainly Nordic.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Catarinense1998
06-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Pass as native in British Isles (better in England).Some Nordid variety.

Morena
06-12-2018, 06:30 PM
She looks like what she is. Very typically American. :thumb001:

Áedán Remigius
06-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Thank you!
She looks like what she is. Very typically American. :thumb001:

Gangrel
06-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Nordid, not sure what kind.

Áedán Remigius
06-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Yeah there does seem to be a bit of mixture there of some variety of Nordid.
Nordid, not sure what kind.

Odin
06-13-2018, 06:57 AM
Nordo-Brünn.

Valwar
06-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Borreby.

The Blade
06-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Nordic/Alpine mix to me.
Would fit best in Northwestern Europe (The Netherlands, Belgium, England, Scotland, Scandinavian peninsula, Ireland, Wales).

Áedán Remigius
06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Thank you! This makes sense!
Nordic/Alpine mix to me.
Would fit best in Northwestern Europe (The Netherlands, Belgium, England, Scotland, Scandinavian peninsula, Ireland, Wales).

Áedán Remigius
06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Yes Nordo-Brünn would make sense in part with her heritage. Thank you for contributing!
Nordo-Brünn.

DarkWater
06-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Nordic and Alpine. She looks much more "German" to me than most of the Appalachian folk I've ever seen. She reminds me of the Pennsylvania Dutch

Áedán Remigius
06-13-2018, 02:26 PM
That's so funny, she's from PA Dietsch country. She doesn't have any known ancestral roots there though. Thank you for your contribution!
Nordic and Alpine. She looks much more "German" to me than most of the Appalachians folk I've ever seen. She reminds me of the Pennsylvania Dutch

DarkWater
06-13-2018, 03:56 PM
That's so funny, she's from PA Dietsch country. She doesn't have any known ancestral roots there though. Thank you for your contribution!

Have you run her results through gedmatch?

Áedán Remigius
06-13-2018, 04:12 PM
No, can you send AncestryDNA results there?

redeyednewt
06-13-2018, 11:45 PM

Gedmatch is not always that accurate. It showed relatives of mine as being native-American, and no other ethnicity/DNA testing company, or ethnicity/DNA test has ever done this.

Also a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch were from what are now Switzerland, Baden-Württemberg in southwest Germany, Alsace-Lorraine Germany/France, some were from Moravia in what's now the Czech Republic, and even Austria or now Northern Italy in Tyrol.

To me your wife has a round Slavic face. I know it's very general but you have to realise that the modern day regions/boundaries of countries did not exist back then and they all invaded each other in the various places in what are now modern day European countries.

All of the regions of Europe are linked and if you have a European ancestry it's common for you to have a heritage from various different regions. Have you traveled through Europe or through various regions of Europe? European countries are a lot smaller and they all invaded each other, and settled within each other through the thousands of years of human civilisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxDyJ_6N-6A

I don't know much about the pheotypes or differences between them, so I can't help you with that.

dperucca
06-13-2018, 11:49 PM
Nordo-Brünn.

+1