PDA

View Full Version : A place where Amy Winehouse looking people live. Tell me.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 12:59 PM
I'm talking about pre drug era Amy. I have met some people very similar to her, one was a Kurdish young lady (slightly more West Asian version of Amy) and 2 were Finnish (much more Northern versions of Amy), with both Swedish and Russian ancestry. And i think Jewish from that Russian side. That Kurdish woman probably had some Jewish and European roots too i would guess. If i had to.

So yeah. Israel? Beirut? Caucasus mountains? Iberia? Some said she would pass in Sicily... Amy is of Eastern European Jewish descent.

Her parents. https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article183698.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/image-14-for-amy-winehouse-through-the-years-gallery-387430862.jpg

Amy. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/10/df/0210dfea693f3d4793edb7e01c266877.jpg

thanks

Centurion
06-14-2018, 01:08 PM
I'd say Israël or Azerbaïdjan.

TheMaestro
06-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Levant, light Arab

Alvorada Potente
06-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Albanian, serbian or bulgarian

Valwar
06-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Israel.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 01:47 PM

Interesting that you mentioned Serbs too. But yeah, they can have dark features too...

Columella
06-14-2018, 02:28 PM
London, Paris,Berlin,New York and South West’s asia

TheMaestro
06-14-2018, 02:49 PM

lol aint no way....

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 03:42 PM
London, Paris,Berlin,New York and South West’s asia

What about Ontario, Iberia or Sicily? I don't think she looks very typically Ashkenazi Jewish...

Meerkat
06-14-2018, 04:04 PM
lol aint no way....

I don't think she passes for Albanian or Serbian but maybe she passes for Bulgarian.

Meerkat
06-14-2018, 04:06 PM
What about Ontario, Iberia or Sicily? I don't think she looks very typically Ashkenazi Jewish...

She does look typical for an Ashkenazi Jew. I think she passes in Sicily but I don't think she would pass in Iberia.

And anyone can pass in Ontario.

TheMaestro
06-14-2018, 04:06 PM
I don't think she passes for Albanian or Serbian but maybe she passes for Bulgarian.

Neither at all.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 04:12 PM
She does look typical for an Ashkenazi Jew. I think she passes in Sicily but I don't think she would pass in Iberia.

And anyone can pass in Ontario.

Agree. I just added some more cities to his list. Maybe you are right. Some Jews can look a bit Arab too, right?

Meerkat
06-14-2018, 04:16 PM
Agree. I just added some more cities to his list. Maybe you are right. Some Jews can look a bit Arab too, right?

Yes some can. Depends what you consider "Arab" though. While I don't think Jews (Ashkenazi, Mizrahi or Sephardi) look like Levantines, a decent amount of Jews can pass there. Even Ashkenazim who look very West Asian usually don't look textbook Levantine. You could also find plenty of Jews who look similar to Gulf Arabs (and not just Yemenite Jews).

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Yes some can. Depends what you consider "Arab" though. While I don't think Jews (Ashkenazi, Mizrahi or Sephardi) look like Levantines, a decent amount of Jews can pass there. Even Ashkenazim who look very West Asian usually don't look textbook Levantine. You could also find plenty of Jews who look similar to Gulf Arabs (and not just Yemenite Jews).

With "Arabs" i guess i meant more Shakira/ Frank Zappa/ Steve Jobs type of thing...

Meerkat
06-14-2018, 04:23 PM
With "Arabs" i guess i meant more Shakira/ Frank Zappa/ Steve Jobs type of thing...

Frank Zappa was of Italian/Sicilian descent.

And Shakira is half Lebanese and so was Steve Jobs. Yes, many Jews can pass for Italian/Sicilian or half Lebanese if that's what you mean by "Arab."

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 04:33 PM
Frank Zappa was of Italian/Sicilian descent.

And Shakira is half Lebanese and so was Steve Jobs. Yes, many Jews can pass for Italian/Sicilian or half Lebanese if that's what you mean by "Arab."

That's what American magazines mean by "Arab". They of course mean part Arab. Frank Zappa is part Arab and so is Shakira and Steve Jobs. Jobs and Shakira have Lebanese roots and Zappa got his Arab touch from his Italian side.

Cristiano viejo
06-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Not Iberia for sure.

MysteriousWays
06-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Very typical Ashkenazi Jew. Can also likely pass as atypical West Asian (not sure specifically where best). Don't really see her looks being typical (if even passable) anywhere in Europe.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 05:04 PM
Not Iberia for sure.

Well, some Spanish and Portuguese ladies can have similarities but they are indeed more western looking and usually not really Middle Eastern looking at all despite their dark features. I gotta say that Iberian women look usually very pretty. But so does Amy!

Cristiano viejo
06-14-2018, 06:28 PM
Well, some Spanish and Portuguese ladies can have similarities but they are indeed more western looking and usually not really Middle Eastern looking at all despite their dark features. I gotta say that Iberian women look usually very pretty. But so does Amy!

You say this just because you are Jew like she was.

Wrong
06-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Not at all actually.

Sicily, South Italy, Armenia and Israel would be better choices.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 06:53 PM

As far as i know i have some Karaite Jewish roots yes. They are many times a mix of Turkish and Jewish. But i have only a tiny bit of Middle Eastern blood in me (was classified Nordid/ Nordo- Baltid), many Spaniards have more.

As a human being i cherish every single thing i have in me. As a believer i'm a Christian and grew up in a Protestant church. Christianity has strong Jewish roots too, because first Christians were Jewish and Bible was written mostly by Jews. Still a Christian.

But i gotta say your logic is unfortunately very dumb. Some Jewish men i have met disliked "Amy looks" and said Northern European or Slavic women being the best. As well many Spaniards like Nordic looks. A lot of the people told me Spanish women being ugly for some reason. I just tend to like them personally. Only my grandmother had dark hair, other members had blue eyes and very white skin. Still i like Iberian women and Amy Winehouse looking people. I'm not saying Scandinavian women are not beautiful. I'm just saying i see something very sexy in that Middle Eastern touch. Never liked that as a younger kid tho i gotta say. But these days i do. So as you see many Spanish women like blue eyed Northern European men and some Northern European men like Southern European women. Simple as that.

Dekziiro
06-14-2018, 06:56 PM
Iberia ? Hmm no...
Caucasus mountains ? Not at all, all the ethnicities surrounding it have an unique look.
Israel ? Maybe.

Rouxinol
06-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Wherever there are large chunks of Jews.

Columella
06-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Looks uber Jewish
Would never suppose her to be from Sicily or Italy.
http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/422464/amy-winehouse-and-harpers-bazaar-profile.jpg?1357468374

Meerkat
06-14-2018, 07:47 PM
I have a cousin who looks like her.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Looks uber Jewish
Would never suppose her to be from Sicily or Italy.
http://coolspotters.com/files/photos/422464/amy-winehouse-and-harpers-bazaar-profile.jpg?1357468374

Amen brotha. Just wanted to make sure... Her mother looks kinda Eastern European (Jewish) and dad more western.

Methuselah
06-14-2018, 08:02 PM
I have a cousin who looks like her.

We need more people like her in Finland. Maybe more of those Swedish and Russian Jews will migrate here in the near future.

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 01:17 AM
Amen brotha. Just wanted to make sure... Her mother looks kinda Eastern European (Jewish) and dad more western.

Eastern Europeans don't look Jewish. Idk what you're talking about.

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 06:45 AM

Yeah I think Shlomo is Jewish. He calls himself Shlomo and he doesn't really have a Northern European personality. He sounds more Jewish to me.

What Northern European thinks that Amy Winehouse looks Northern or Eastern European and equates looking Eastern European with looking Jewish?

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Yeah I think Shlomo is Jewish. He calls himself Shlomo and he doesn't really have a Northern European personality. He sounds more Jewish to me.

What Northern European thinks that Amy Winehouse looks Northern or Eastern European and equates looking Eastern European with looking Jewish?

Gosh... I'm sorry Meerkat that i told you some of my Eastern Finnish friends looked like you and you created a thread asking people if you could pass in Finland. I'm sorry that your thread didn't work. Like i said many times, Amy looked slightly northern in my view. It seems you can't keep up with simple logic. Finns lived isolated for a very long time so you can't look like a real Finn for sure, despite being able to pass in Eastern Finland in my opinion. I told you this many times. I honestly didn't see that much of Middle East in you.

Some people of Russian Jewish descent look kinda Slavic simply because they are a mix of many things. Matisyahu looks a bit slavic and so does Klitchko (had Jewish grandmother). Klitchko has a right to be Jewish as soon as he wants, since it is not about competing with the amount of Jewish roots. Many Israeli Jews have some slavic roots too. I have spoken to many of them. Not all of course. Amy Winehouse's mother looks somehow Baltic or Slavic. Sergei Brin's (Google) father looks pretty Russian too. Many American Jews are of Russian descent and this is the reason i felt you looked a bit Eastern Euro. I'm sorry if i offended you, but some members said you could pass as Romanian too. Remember that i told you this only by looking at 2 photos you sent me. I did my best and was honest about it.

What comes to my roots, i told from very start (i made that "classify me" thread) that i come from Finnish- Russian family and have mostly Ukrainian roots from that Russian side. I said many times that i have only a drop of Middle Eastern blood in me and was classified mostly Nordid/ Nordo- Baltid. I do have very distant Karaite Jewish roots, just like i have many other things in me. All of us try to read people and i think too that i'm good spotting many fake ethnicities, but just because i'm more open and talkative does not mean that i don't have Finnish roots. Most of my friends are just like me. Don't be over analytic, this forum does not represent ethnicities, but personalities. You should be smart enough to realize this. And even if we had more of Jewish roots, i don't think it would matter. Many Finnish Jews are part Russian and Scandinavian too and are pretty "meh" then it comes to religion. Finns consider Finnish Jews Finnish. That to be said it is a very Finnish thing to be proud of every single drop of blood you have. Finns and especially Christians are also known for loving Israel and many Jewish things. This you won't see in Sweden you can be sure of that.

Meerkat, you shouldn't judge people based on their nicknames. But you are kinda right, i'm not making fun of Jewish names, but simply showing respect to some people in my family. I'm a Christian and showed this many times. I used fluent Finnish on this site and helped to translate some Russian Roma documentary for Mortimer. So you should do better job figuring things out. If you want to.

Now let me ask you a question. What do you know about Northern European personalities? You talked to some people with a Swedish flag on this forum or what?

I read your message and will answer here.

1. I don't troll people with this thread. I don't care too much about a specific Jewish person passing in some places. I care about one of my favourite musicians passing in some specific places. But i see now this looks a bit dumb indeed. I should let Amy rest in peace.

2. I don't care for Jews to pass as Finnish but was simply wondering on why some Jews like Logan Lerman look a bit Finnish. It seems like this pisses you off a lot. DR did this too, but i don't think he meant any harm.

3. Like i said many times. Some Russian Jews can look Russian. Like Sergei Brin's father. http://www.math.umd.edu/~mib/photo.jpg He looks Jewish, but Russian too. Simply because he is a Russian Jew. Same case with Hans Zimmer. Looks both, German and Jewish.

4. No you don't know me from another forums with me using some other names.

Thank you for reading this Meerkat. Have a nice day. No hard feelings! :rolleyes:

Cristiano viejo
06-15-2018, 03:56 PM
As far as i know i have some Karaite Jewish roots yes. They are many times a mix of Turkish and Jewish. But i have only a tiny bit of Middle Eastern blood in me (was classified Nordid/ Nordo- Baltid), many Spaniards have more.

As a human being i cherish every single thing i have in me. As a believer i'm a Christian and grew up in a Protestant church. Christianity has strong Jewish roots too, because first Christians were Jewish and Bible was written mostly by Jews. Still a Christian.

But i gotta say your logic is unfortunately very dumb. Some Jewish men i have met disliked "Amy looks" and said Northern European or Slavic women being the best. As well many Spaniards like Nordic looks. A lot of the people told me Spanish women being ugly for some reason. I just tend to like them personally. Only my grandmother had dark hair, other members had blue eyes and very white skin. Still i like Iberian women and Amy Winehouse looking people. I'm not saying Scandinavian women are not beautiful. I'm just saying i see something very sexy in that Middle Eastern touch. Never liked that as a younger kid tho i gotta say. But these days i do. So as you see many Spanish women like blue eyed Northern European men and some Northern European men like Southern European women. Simple as that.

Spaniards dont have Middle Eastern blood and Spanish women are the hottest in this world and coming :D

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 04:05 PM
Israel and Cyprus.

She can pass as southern Italian and Sicilian but her look is not even the most typical Ashkenazi look so it would also not be the most typical in those places. Anything else European is probably out of the question.

As far as Sicily goes there is this woman who appears in one of the photo sets I use who looks somewhat like her.

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13882608_1315937308438896_1760519184059430536_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=25e42480e2f634dbfc99cd42ec308ee6&oe=5BA33CF4

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Gosh... I'm sorry Meerkat that i told you some of my Eastern Finnish friends looked like you and you created a thread asking people if you could pass in Finland. I'm sorry that your thread didn't work. Like i said many times, Amy looked slightly northern in my view. It seems you can't keep up with simple logic. Finns lived isolated for a very long time so you can't look like a real Finn for sure, despite being able to pass in Eastern Finland in my opinion. I told you this many times. I honestly didn't see that much of Middle East in you.

Some people of Russian Jewish descent look kinda Slavic simply because they are a mix of many things. Matisyahu looks a bit slavic and so does Klitchko (had Jewish grandmother). Klitchko has a right to be Jewish as soon as he wants, since it is not about competing with the amount of Jewish roots. Many Israeli Jews have some slavic roots too. I have spoken to many of them. Not all of course. Amy Winehouse's mother looks somehow Baltic or Slavic. Sergei Brin's (Google) father looks pretty Russian too. Many American Jews are of Russian descent and this is the reason i felt you looked a bit Eastern Euro. I'm sorry if i offended you, but some members said you could pass as Romanian too. Remember that i told you this only by looking at 2 photos you sent me. I did my best and was honest about it.

What comes to my roots, i told from very start (i made that "classify me" thread) that i come from Finnish- Russian family and have mostly Ukrainian roots from that Russian side. I said many times that i have only a drop of Middle Eastern blood in me and was classified mostly Nordid/ Nordo- Baltid. I do have very distant Karaite Jewish roots, just like i have many other things in me. All of us try to read people and i think too that i'm good spotting many fake ethnicities, but just because i'm more open and talkative does not mean that i don't have Finnish roots. Most of my friends are just like me. Don't be over analytic, this forum does not represent ethnicities, but personalities. You should be smart enough to realize this. And even if we had more of Jewish roots, i don't think it would matter. Many Finnish Jews are part Russian and Scandinavian too and are pretty "meh" then it comes to religion. Finns consider Finnish Jews Finnish. That to be said it is a very Finnish thing to be proud of every single drop of blood you have. Finns and especially Christians are also known for loving Israel and many Jewish things. This you won't see in Sweden you can be sure of that.

Meerkat, you shouldn't judge people based on their nicknames. But you are kinda right, i'm not making fun of Jewish names, but simply showing respect to some people in my family. I'm a Christian and showed this many times. I used fluent Finnish on this site and helped to translate some Russian Roma documentary for Mortimer. So you should do better job figuring things out. If you want to.

Now let me ask you a question. What do you know about Northern European personalities? You talked to some people with a Swedish flag on this forum or what?

I read your message and will answer here.

1. I don't troll people with this thread. I don't care too much about a specific Jewish person passing in some places. I care about one of my favourite musicians passing in some specific places. But i see now this looks a bit dumb indeed. I should let Amy rest in peace.

2. I don't care for Jews to pass as Finnish but was simply wondering on why some Jews like Logan Lerman look a bit Finnish. It seems like this pisses you off a lot. DR did this too, but i don't think he meant any harm.

3. Like i said many times. Some Russian Jews can look Russian. Like Sergei Brin's father. http://www.math.umd.edu/~mib/photo.jpg He looks Jewish, but Russian too. Simply because he is a Russian Jew. Same case with Hans Zimmer. Looks both, German and Jewish.

4. No you don't know me from another forums with me using some other names.

Thank you for reading this Meerkat. Have a nice day. No hard feelings! :rolleyes:

Yes, but Russian Jews who do not have any recent Slavic admixture are just regular Ashkenazim, and Ashkenazim are 45-65% Middle Eastern and have less than 20% of their genes from Slavic countries. Yes, there are some pure Asheknazim who do look Slavic (like the Satmar Rebbe and this lesser know rapper named Nosson Zand), but it's because Ashkenazim have a bit of Slavic ancestry and it shows up in our phenotype sometimes, not because we are Slavs. If a pure Ashkenazi Jew whose family comes from Germany can pass in Germany it's also just a coincidence; it's not because of significant German ancestry. The same way you'll find some people in the Med regions who could pass in Germany, you'll find some pure Ashkenazim who can pass in Germany.

And you are literally the only person on these forums who told me I could pass anywhere north of Southeastern Romania.

I don't think any Northern European would tell me I look Northern European or thinks that Jews who look like Amy Winehouse look Northern European.

By "Northern European personalities" I meant that from what I've seen on these forums, very few Northern Europeans care about the things you care about. Not that there's anything wrong with caring about the things you care about, but it seems very un-Northern.

Tauromachos
06-15-2018, 04:10 PM
Israel

Maybe some people in Armenia and Iran.

Some Sicilians have that sort of look also.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Spaniards dont have Middle Eastern blood and Spanish women are the hottest in this world and coming :D

Coming to Northern Europe? Some people in Iberia can have traces of that. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/05/spain-jewish-muslim-genes

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Israel and Cyprus.

She can pass as southern Italian and Sicilian but her look is not even the most typical Ashkenazi look so it would also not be the most typical in those places. Anything else European is probably out of the question.

As far as Sicily goes there is this woman who appears in one of the photo sets I use who looks somewhat like her.

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13882608_1315937308438896_1760519184059430536_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=25e42480e2f634dbfc99cd42ec308ee6&oe=5BA33CF4

There are a lot of typical Ashkenazi looks that aren't typical in Southern Italy or Sicily, or wouldn't pass there at all. Amy is quite typical for an Ashkenazi. I'd say less than 20% of Ashkenazim look typical for Southern Italy or Sicily. It's not that Ashkenazim are "too northern looking" or "too West Asian looking," but Ashkenazim just have a different look as a group.

Cristiano viejo
06-15-2018, 04:19 PM
Coming to Northern Europe? Some people in Iberia can have traces of that. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/05/spain-jewish-muslim-genes

Man, that was a study debunked many years ago by the own people that made it. They admitted they erroneusly claimed it were Muslim/Jewish genes.

celtique
06-15-2018, 04:36 PM
I met a Calabrian girl who was her double.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Yes, but Russian Jews who do not have any recent Slavic admixture are just regular Ashkenazim, and Ashkenazim are 45-65% Middle Eastern and have less than 20% of their genes from Slavic countries. Yes, there are some pure Asheknazim who do look Slavic (like the Satmar Rebbe and this lesser know rapper named Nosson Zand), but it's because Ashkenazim have a bit of Slavic ancestry and it shows up in our phenotype sometimes, not because we are Slavs. If a pure Ashkenazi Jew whose family comes from Germany can pass in Germany it's also just a coincidence; it's not because of significant German ancestry. The same way you'll find some people in the Med regions who could pass in Germany, you'll find some pure Ashkenazim who can pass in Germany.

And you are literally the only person on these forums who told me I could pass anywhere north of Southeastern Romania.

I don't think any Northern European would tell me I look Northern European or thinks that Jews who look like Amy Winehouse look Northern European.

By "Northern European personalities" I meant that from what I've seen on these forums, very few Northern Europeans care about the things you care about. Not that there's anything wrong with caring about the things you care about, but it seems very un-Northern.

I have never said that Jews are Slavs. I just said that some look a bit Slavic, because of their Eastern European touch.

If i'm literally the only person on these forums who told you that you can pass in Eastern Finland then that shouldn't be the end of the world. Life goes on. You looked kinda Romanian in my eyes and my city had similar faces, probably because some Eastern Finns have Karelian roots too. Women have feminine faces with softer features so it is very hard to say. But i think you could pass. Finns can look Romanian too, especially Eastern Finns. But again i saw only 2 photos of you.

I'm getting a bit tired saying this but i can still remind you. I have never said that Amy looks Northern or Finnish or even Russian. I said that she looks like she could be slightly influenced by Northern Europe or having some of that.

"Very few Northern Europeans care about the things you care about". Like life, Israeli conflicts, music, sports, Amy looking women and theology? Have you ever thought that Northern Europeans can have different personalities and interests? Did you know that Eastern Finns are completely different from Western Finns? Did you know that Swedes are different from Danes and Finns? Do you think all Northern Europeans are inbred weasels who have same opinions, same personalities and same tastes? Don't do that Meerkat.

You seem to be very disappointed with some Jews trying to compare European looking Jews to Northern Europeans. I don't have that agenda. I just said that some Jews have Russian roots (like Sergei Brin) and some Swedish roots like Jake Gyllenhaal. You shouldn't get upset because of that. But it's up to you.

I made this thread clearly because i like her looks. I have met many Jews but none of them looked like Amy. If you think that i'm Jewish because i like her looks it's all good. If you have a very strong feeling (based on my personality/ behaviour) of me being Jewish then i'm very happy with that.

Knight Slayer
06-15-2018, 04:58 PM
Levant/Israel

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 05:12 PM
I met a Calabrian girl who was her double.

Calabria also. When I say "Sicily" I really mean "Sicily/Calabria" usually.

celtique
06-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Calabria also. When I say "Sicily" I really mean "Sicily/Calabria" usually.

This is her
https://preview.ibb.co/fWtEqJ/IMG_0096.jpg (https://ibb.co/k1xw4d)
https://preview.ibb.co/fNPyHy/IMG_0098.jpg (https://ibb.co/i4RCcy)

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
06-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Does she look more Sephardic or Ashkenazim in your opinion?

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 05:22 PM
This is her

I don't think she looks like her in those pictures but she can pass as a full Levantine.

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 05:24 PM
I have never said that Jews are Slavs. I just said that some look a bit Slavic, because of their Eastern European touch.

If i'm literally the only person on these forums who told you that you can pass in Eastern Finland then that shouldn't be the end of the world. Life goes on. You looked kinda Romanian in my eyes and my city had similar faces, probably because some Eastern Finns have Karelian roots too. Women have feminine faces with softer features so it is very hard to say. But i think you could pass. Finns can look Romanian too, especially Eastern Finns. But again i saw only 2 photos of you.

I'm getting a bit tired saying this but i can still remind you. I have never said that Amy looks Northern or Finnish or even Russian. I said that she looks like she could be slightly influenced by Northern Europe or having some of that.

"Very few Northern Europeans care about the things you care about". Like life, Israeli conflicts, music, sports, Amy looking women and theology? Have you ever thought that Northern Europeans can have different personalities and interests? Did you know that Eastern Finns are completely different from Western Finns? Did you know that Swedes are different from Danes and Finns? Do you think all Northern Europeans are inbred weasels who have same opinions, same personalities and same tastes? Don't do that Meerkat.

You seem to be very disappointed with some Jews trying to compare European looking Jews to Northern Europeans. I don't have that agenda. I just said that some Jews have Russian roots (like Sergei Brin) and some Swedish roots like Jake Gyllenhaal. You shouldn't get upset because of that. But it's up to you.

I made this thread clearly because i like her looks. I have met many Jews but none of them looked like Amy. If you think that i'm Jewish because i like her looks it's all good. If you have a very strong feeling (based on my personality/ behaviour) of me being Jewish then i'm very happy with that.

I get that Northern Europeans can have different personalities, and maybe I shouldn't stereotype you guys like that. But the thing is I just get a LARPing vibe from you.

Jake Gyllenhaal isn't a pure Ashkenazi. His dad is Swedish. He's half Swedish and half Asheknazi. It doesn't mean "Jews can look Swedish" or "some Jews have swedish roots," but that some people are just half Swedish and half ethnically Jewish. That's like saying "some Palestinians have Swedish roots" because there are half Swedish half Palestinian people out there.

My problem is that you're not just saying that some Jews look Northern European, but you're saying that Jews who look 0% Northern European look Northern European. Like if you want to say that Scarlett Johansson and Jake Gyllenhaal (and both of them are half Northern European and so they don't represent what Ashkenazi Jews look like anyway) look Northern European, I'd be fine with that. If you want to say that Esti Ginzburg (who is pure Ashkenazi but very atypical) looks Northern European, I'm fine with that. My problem is that you're saying that people who look 0% Northern European look Northern European.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 05:45 PM
I get that Northern Europeans can have different personalities, and maybe I shouldn't stereotype you guys like that. But the thing is I just get a LARPing vibe from you.

Jake Gyllenhaal isn't a pure Ashkenazi. His dad is Swedish. He's half Swedish and half Asheknazi. It doesn't mean "Jews can look Swedish" or "some Jews have swedish roots," but that some people are just half Swedish and half ethnically Jewish. That's like saying "some Palestinians have Swedish roots" because there are half Swedish half Palestinian people out there.

My problem is that you're not just saying that some Jews look Northern European, but you're saying that Jews who look 0% Northern European look Northern European. Like if you want to say that Scarlett Johansson and Jake Gyllenhaal (and both of them are half Northern European and so they don't represent what Ashkenazi Jews look like anyway) look Northern European, I'd be fine with that. If you want to say that Esti Ginzburg (who is pure Ashkenazi but very atypical) looks Northern European, I'm fine with that. My problem is that you're saying that people who look 0% Northern European look Northern European.

Oh dear Meerkat. Like i didn't know that Jake Gyllenhaal had Swedish roots. Being taught Swedish from the 7th grade i have always thought he had Ashkenazi surname. How wrong was i... This is basically that i have been trying to say. That many Jews mixed with Northern Europeans or Russians. And please don't come back saying this is not because Jews are Northern European or Russian but only because they mixed with them. Because both of us know that already, so you coming back and saying that would be a bit strange.

Well you have strange problems which will never disappear then. Because very possibly some of Amy's ancestors can have Russian or Polish roots which are not Middle Eastern related. Again, you are taking things too seriously. Kinda looking Northern is not the same thing as Scandinavian looking. I said this like how many trillion times.

You are getting a LARPing vibe from me? Because i sometimes joke? Or because i defended Jews against Apricity Nazis many times? Or because i told Russians that Stalin was a mass murderer and their country would do better with some democracy? Or because i said that beating gays is wrong? Is this that you cal Larping. You see, half of your posts are about classifying people. Half of my posts are about life.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Does she look more Sephardic or Ashkenazim in your opinion?

If you are asking me, she gives me some Sephardic vibes. But what do i know about those things...

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 05:47 PM

I have had this same debate with people who talk about "Jews of color" and use the term not to describe actual Jews of color, such as Yemenite Jews, Ethiopian Jews, etc. but people who are half Ashkenazi + half non-Jewish of color. The term is often misapplied. Lenny Kravitz for instance is not a "black Jew," he is a mixed-race person with an Ashkenazi Jewish father and a non-Jewish, Afro-Caribbean mother.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 05:49 PM
I have had this same debate with people who talk about "Jews of color" and use the term not to describe actual Jews of color, such as Yemenite Jews, Ethiopian Jews, etc. but people who are half Ashkenazi + half non-Jewish of color. The term is often misapplied. Lenny Kravitz for instance is not a "black Jew," he is a mixed-race person with an Ashkenazi Jewish father and a non-Jewish, Afro-Caribbean mother.

Lenny looks what he is. Half African and half Russian Jewish. Jews tend to mix, which is a good thing. People mixing with each other is a normal thing. I'm sure no one will say that Jews and Africans are the same thing.

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 05:55 PM

I don't like term "Jew of color." And most North African Jews and Syrian Jews are white passing by US standards, and a decent amount of Iraqi Jews are no less white passing than average Ashkenazim. People often think that West Asian looking means not passing for white in the US, but a lot of people who look very West Asian and cannot pass in Europe could pass for white in the US. Like a lot of times when I say that Ashkenazim look West Asian, people are like "no they pass for white" as if it's a dichotomy.

"PoC" is just a US term anyway. And yeah, referring to folks like Lenny Kravitz as "black Jews" is like referring to half black half Chinese people as "black Chinese people."

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 05:59 PM
Oh dear Meerkat. Like i didn't know that Jake Gyllenhaal had Swedish roots. Being taught Swedish from the 7th grade i have always thought he had Ashkenazi surname. How wrong was i... This is basically that i have been trying to say. That many Jews mixed with Northern Europeans or Russians. And please don't come back saying this is not because Jews are Northern European or Russian but only because they mixed with them. Because both of us know that already, so you coming back and saying that would be a bit strange.

Well you have strange problems which will never disappear then. Because very possibly some of Amy's ancestors can have Russian or Polish roots which are not Middle Eastern related. Again, you are taking things too seriously. Kinda looking Northern is not the same thing as Scandinavian looking. I said this like how many trillion times.

You are getting a LARPing vibe from me? Because i sometimes joke? Or because i defended Jews against Apricity Nazis many times? Or because i told Russians that Stalin was a mass murderer and their country would do better with some democracy? Or because i said that beating gays is wrong? Is this that you cal Larping. You see, half of your posts are about classifying people. Half of my posts are about life.

Amy Winehouse is Ashkenazi Jewish. Pure Ashkenazim all have genes "which are not Middle Eastern related." In fact, Ashkenazim are genetically 35-55% European. That being said, only some of those genes come from Central/Eastern Europe, and so yes, we would probably see some Eastern European in her GEDMatch result. I don't think she has any recent Polish or Russian ancestry.

I can't think of anything you said in particular. It's just a vibe I get.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Amy Winehouse is Ashkenazi Jewish. Pure Ashkenazim all have genes "which are not Middle Eastern related." In fact, Ashkenazim are genetically 35-55% European. That being said, only some of those genes come from Central/Eastern Europe, and so yes, we would probably see some Eastern European in her GEDMatch result. I don't think she has any recent Polish or Russian ancestry.

And this is the reason some of them look kinda Northern Euro. Kinda. Not Northern European or Scandinavian, but kinda Northern influenced. And yes, this is not because they are the same thing.

I can't think of anything you said in particular. It's just a vibe I get.

This is the problem. You should try to crystallize that vibe into something more specific. Because only trusting emotions is not enough. We have an intuition which helps to guide us in our every day life, but we should use our logic as well. You asked me if you have met me on some other forums. I can tell you that i'm not really into spending my time with classifying people and putting them into boxes. The only reason i came across this forum was because i wanted to get classified myself. And then just stayed. I don't troll people but i defend my views. And i treat people with respect. If you get annoyed by the fact that i told you that you looked Romanian and Eastern Finnish it is your problem. I never asked for your photos.

In one thread i said that Mortimer could pass as a European (which he mostly is) and people went nuts. "How dare you?". "He is a gypsy". Well, he is mostly European. Can pass as Kurdish too tho. Some more Eurasian looking people belong in Europe too.

Methuselah
06-15-2018, 06:20 PM

More research was done on this topic.

http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2013/0...d-researchers/

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/05/30/1306223110

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/genomicresearch/snp

http://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/110/29/11668.full.pdf

Again, you have to remember that this is not making Iberia any less European. Gene flow here and there is completely natural thing. All Europeans have traces of something else. Only retarded people bully each other based on that.

Cristiano viejo
06-15-2018, 08:26 PM
More research was done on this topic.

Again, you have to remember that this is not making Iberia any less European. Gene flow here and there is completely natural thing. All Europeans have traces of something else. Only retarded people bully each other based on that.

I know, man. But saying Spaniards are 20% Jewish and 10% North African is hilarious. Not even 500 years from now on, Spaniards will score such amounts.
I insist, the authors of that study used any haplogroup that was not r1b as Jewish and Nort African. They explained this later.

Hulu
06-15-2018, 08:30 PM
Interesting that you mentioned Serbs too. But yeah, they can have dark features too...

Interesting that "she" mentioned Albanians rather. We are closer to him than Amy when it comes to looks

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?248371-Classify-Erik-Danielsson&p=5206150&viewfull=1#post5206150

Meerkat
06-15-2018, 10:03 PM
And this is the reason some of them look kinda Northern Euro. Kinda. Not Northern European or Scandinavian, but kinda Northern influenced. And yes, this is not because they are the same thing.

This is the problem. You should try to crystallize that vibe into something more specific. Because only trusting emotions is not enough. We have an intuition which helps to guide us in our every day life, but we should use our logic as well. You asked me if you have met me on some other forums. I can tell you that i'm not really into spending my time with classifying people and putting them into boxes. The only reason i came across this forum was because i wanted to get classified myself. And then just stayed. I don't troll people but i defend my views. And i treat people with respect. If you get annoyed by the fact that i told you that you looked Romanian and Eastern Finnish it is your problem. I never asked for your photos.

In one thread i said that Mortimer could pass as a European (which he mostly is) and people went nuts. "How dare you?". "He is a gypsy". Well, he is mostly European. Can pass as Kurdish too tho. Some more Eurasian looking people belong in Europe too.

Well I think the reason why I don't think you're actually Finnish comes down to six things:

1. You're way too loquacious. You sound Jewish.
2. You call yourself Shlomo and you're loquacious. Most loquacious people named Shlomo are Jewish.
3. You care way too much about Jewish people looking Northern European. Only some Jews and some antisemitic antizionists want Jews to look northern European.
4. You told me that I could pass for Finnish but that I pass better as Swedish or Russian. I don't see why anyone from Northern Europe would ever say that. I think the only person who would say such a thing is someone who has no idea what Swedes or Russians look like.
5. You seem to want Jews to pass among your own people. I don't think most people want Jews to pass among their own.
6. You equated looking Eastern European with looking Jewish. Some people who don't know what Jews or Eastern europeans look like do this. But the thing is that you equate actual Jewish looking Jews (who cannot pass North of southern Europe if they pass in Europe at all) with looking Eastern European. Only some Jews would assume that someone who looks very Jewish "looks Eastern European." Like they'd say that Jews who don't pass in Europe at all "look eastern European" because a lot of Jews whose families come from Eastern Europe don't look European at all.

Methuselah
06-16-2018, 02:15 AM
Well I think the reason why I don't think you're actually Finnish comes down to six things:

1. You're way too loquacious. You sound Jewish.
2. You call yourself Shlomo and you're loquacious. Most loquacious people named Shlomo are Jewish.
3. You care way too much about Jewish people looking Northern European. Only some Jews and some antisemitic antizionists want Jews to look northern European.
4. You told me that I could pass for Finnish but that I pass better as Swedish or Russian. I don't see why anyone from Northern Europe would ever say that. I think the only person who would say such a thing is someone who has no idea what Swedes or Russians look like.
5. You seem to want Jews to pass among your own people. I don't think most people want Jews to pass among their own.
6. You equated looking Eastern European with looking Jewish. Some people who don't know what Jews or Eastern europeans look like do this. But the thing is that you equate actual Jewish looking Jews (who cannot pass North of southern Europe if they pass in Europe at all) with looking Eastern European. Only some Jews would assume that someone who looks very Jewish "looks Eastern European." Like they'd say that Jews who don't pass in Europe at all "look eastern European" because a lot of Jews whose families come from Eastern Europe don't look European at all.

You can't be serious Meerkat.
1. Never i told you that you look anything close to Swede.
2. Never i said i wanted to Amy to pass in my country. I wanted Amy looking people literally to be in my country, so i can talk to them.
3. Links about some of my grand grand parents you already have.
4. Never i said Eastern Europeans looked Jewish. I said that people like Sergei Brin and Matisyahu look part Slavic.
5. I'm too tired Meerkat. I'm done. You are not listening at all.

celtique
06-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Lenny looks what he is. Half African and half Russian Jewish. Jews tend to mix, which is a good thing. People mixing with each other is a normal thing. I'm sure no one will say that Jews and Africans are the same thing.
Half black half Jews tend to look Nrth african or Caribbean latino to me. Look at Drake for example. I think it's the mix of SSA and Southern European

Aldaris
06-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Armenia for example.

Tommie
06-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Interesting that so many here believe that Serbs are in the majority light...

Tauromachos
06-16-2018, 06:45 PM
This is her

Not even remotely similar

maxbbb
06-16-2018, 08:11 PM
Amy. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/10/df/0210dfea693f3d4793edb7e01c266877.jpg

Looks ugly to me, TBH. However, the supposed Amy Winehouse look-alike from Silicon Valley (HBO) was hot.

Methuselah
06-17-2018, 11:17 PM
Half black half Jews tend to look Nrth african or Caribbean latino to me. Look at Drake for example. I think it's the mix of SSA and Southern European

Yes they do many times. Lenny looks kinda Egyptian i think. Not sure about Drake. Drake looks like DJ Khaled.

Methuselah
06-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Looks ugly to me, TBH. However, the supposed Amy Winehouse look-alike from Silicon Valley (HBO) was hot.

She looks cute and adorable in my opinion. No the best photo of her, but still...

Fuglo
06-17-2018, 11:49 PM
She doesn't look like typical Ashkenazi Jew ...

maxbbb
06-17-2018, 11:56 PM
She looks cute and adorable in my opinion. No the best photo of her, but still...

It's good that we all have different tastes, I guess. I looked at her other photos, and she seems to be very unfortunate-looking.

The hot "look-alike" from Silicon Valley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milana_Vayntrub (also Jewish). The show talks about her looking like Winehouse, but to me the original is nowhere close.

♥ Lily ♥
06-18-2018, 12:35 AM
A place with similar looking people to Amy Winehouse would be in a crematorium.

She looks like this now: dust and ashes.

https://www.everplans.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_header_image/public/ashes-cremated-remains-750.jpg?itok=VxD6sopT

Zroota
06-18-2018, 04:24 AM
She looked, and could pass as, Armenian. Wouldn't be an atypical Lebanese or Assyrian as well.

Methuselah
06-18-2018, 12:32 PM

https://www.everplans.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_header_image/public/ashes-cremated-remains-750.jpg?itok=VxD6sopT

All come from dust, and to dust all return. The energy moves on though.

♥ Lily ♥
06-18-2018, 05:13 PM
All come from dust, and to dust all return. The energy moves on though.

I'm not into occultism and fairytales or hippy beliefs, and I don't see her 'energy' floating around?! :rolleyes: Which scientist stated that?!? A belief is not a truthful fact. Are you taking tripping on hallucinogenic drugs? :icon_ask:

She's gone. Once you're dead, you stay that way. I see no energy in the corpse of a murdered fly, for example. It just decomposes like everything else in the harsh reality of nature.

Some people emotionally and psychologically find reality difficult to cope with and accept, so they live in delusions and fairytales instead of accepting and coming to terms with reality. She's dead.

Methuselah
06-18-2018, 05:54 PM
I'm not into occultism and fairytales or hippy beliefs, and I don't see her 'energy' floating around?! :rolleyes: Which scientist stated that?!? A belief is not a truthful fact. Are you taking tripping on hallucinogenic drugs? :icon_ask:

She's gone. Once you're dead, you stay that way. I see no energy in the corpse of a murdered fly, for example. It just decomposes like everything else in the harsh reality of nature.

Some people emotionally and psychologically find reality difficult to cope with and accept, so they live in delusions and fairytales instead of accepting and coming to terms with reality. She's dead.

It seems like you don't know much about natural sciences. Not like i didn't know this.

Anyway we had energy from the very start of the Big Bang. It is a physical quantity and can not be destroyed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics

♥ Lily ♥
06-18-2018, 07:02 PM
It seems like you don't know much about natural sciences. Not like i didn't know this.

Anyway we had energy from the very start of the Big Bang. It is a physical quantity and can not be destroyed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics

So when people omit some air from their rear, does this energy (gas) live on forever and ever and ever... and ever?!

Methuselah
06-18-2018, 07:19 PM
So when people omit some air from their rear, does this energy (gas) live on forever and ever and ever... and ever?!

Energy is present everywhere. Gas is a state of matter. Matter has energy. From our point of view those gas particles you are talking about will live on forever and ever and ever.

♥ Lily ♥
06-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Energy is present everywhere. Gas is a state of matter. Matter has energy. From our point of view those gas particles you are talking about will live on forever and ever and ever.

Forever and forever is an extremely long time for a fart to last. :(

Methuselah
06-18-2018, 07:52 PM
Forever and forever is an extremely long time for a fart to last. :(

It won't. But those "fart particles" will move on and have energy.

Joso
10-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Levant, light Arab

Israel then, since Israeli and Jews in general are depigmented Arabs

Joso
10-01-2018, 05:32 PM

lololol

Columella
10-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Cannot see her in Italy.

Xacal
10-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Levantine

xtal
10-14-2018, 07:25 PM
A lot of Azeri girls look like her. Also Lady Gaga looks a lot like her so i think Italians can look like her too. Some Bulgarians, Greeks, Albanians, Georgians and even Iranians can resemble her.
Edit: I miss her a lot :(