PDA

View Full Version : Europeans: what percentage of your ethnicity could blend in among these white North Americans?

alnortedelsur
06-14-2018, 04:51 PM
They are from a small town in New York state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do05EOS784Q

Users from other mostly Euro descent countries from outside of Europe, could answer as well.

Thanks in advance!

alnortedelsur
06-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Bump

Zuh
06-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Anyone of Northern european decent will not be questioned in the U.S

alnortedelsur
06-15-2018, 02:13 AM
Anyone of Northern european decent will not be questioned in the U.S

I disagree. Many people in that video look only NW European, but there is also a decent share of them who would not stick out in many parts of Europe. I insist that in all European ethnicities a large segment of their population could reasonably blend in among white North Americans.

PS: I accidentally thumbed you down when I didn't mean to. But then I removed the thumb down right away. I was browsing the forum from my smart phone, and just wanted to check who thumbed you up.

alnortedelsur
06-15-2018, 09:07 PM
bump

Rouxinol
06-15-2018, 09:17 PM
Most white Americans are either a mix of British stock (English, Scots, Irish) or German/Dutch/Scandinavian mixes or both. Those ethnicities will easily blend in. As for the rest, the swarthier (Med-ish) they are or mongolized (some Scandinavian and many eastern euros) the less they will blend in and will stick out like a sore thumb in a white American community.

alnortedelsur
06-15-2018, 11:50 PM
I see good numbers of people with Dinarid influence.

Xacal
06-15-2018, 11:53 PM
I`m German, Italian and Polish, i think not antypical, no?

Aren
06-15-2018, 11:53 PM
They don't look much different from the Swedes I see here.

Catarinense1998
06-15-2018, 11:58 PM

You are from SC, so it is nort Italian there.Yes, you could

alnortedelsur
06-16-2018, 12:01 AM

Natalie Merchant (the vocalist of the band 10,000 maniacs) who is half Italian, was born in that same town. She is the singer of the theme in that video.

alnortedelsur
06-16-2018, 12:03 AM
You are from SC, so it is nort Italian there.Yes, you could

What percentage of Portuguese and white Brazilians do you think would reasonably blend in among them?

Catarinense1998
06-16-2018, 12:09 AM
What percentage of Portuguese and white Brazilians do you think would reasonably blend in among them?

Very few.Here where I live you can found pure Iberians from old azorean stock, but they look too swarthy to blend among them.Pure or almost pure germans and North italians descendents fit well.About Portugal, the atlantids and light AtlantoMeds can fit too, but about the % I dont know.

alnortedelsur
06-16-2018, 12:12 AM
Very few.Here where I live you can found pure Iberians from old azorean stock, but they look too swarthy to blend among them.Pure or almost pure germans and North italians descendents fit well.About Portugal, the atlantids and light AtlantoMeds can fit too, but about the % I dont know.

It's hard for me to believe that great majority of Azorean Portuguese are too swarthy, aside that Portuguese regions are very uniform in phenotypes and genetics (as claimed by Portuguese users). And besides, not all the people in that video are super pale and Nordic looking.

What about white Brazilians in general (no matter their ancestry)?

alnortedelsur
06-16-2018, 12:46 AM

It's hard for me to believe that great majority of Azorean Portuguese are too swarthy, aside that Portuguese regions are very uniform in phenotypes and genetics (as claimed by Portuguese users). And besides, not all the people in that video are super pale and Nordic looking.

What about white Brazilians in general (no matter their ancestry)?

Never mind. You already responded regarding white Brazilians. My bad.