06-14-2018, 07:15 PM
Subnordid

Carlito's Way
06-14-2018, 07:17 PM
northern european

Zuh
06-14-2018, 07:22 PM
northern european

This guy is an asshole and troll he trolls Latinos by posting Northern European phenotype.

Ramseieterna
06-14-2018, 07:24 PM
This guy is an asshole and troll he trolls Latinos by posting Northern European phenotype.

vah vah vah vah vah fucktard

frdfgcg
06-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Her mother is Hungarian while father is Cuban.

Ramseieterna
06-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Her mother is Hungarian while father is Cuban.

Noone asked you.

Ramseieterna
06-14-2018, 07:53 PM
Someone else?

Argentano
07-15-2019, 07:52 PM
She is 84.1% european 10.7% Amerindian 1.9% SSA 1.2% WA+NA . Highest euro score is spanish.

She Just posted her 23andme result in instagram

https://www.instagram.com/glorialvarezc/

https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/local/tsnagz-gloria-alvarez-entrevista-46.jpg/alternates/LANDSCAPE_640/gloria%20alvarez%20entrevista%20%20(46).JPG

Adamastor
07-15-2019, 08:04 PM
She is 84.1% european 10.7% Amerindian 1.9% SSA 1.2% WA+NA . Highest euro score is spanish.

She Just posted her 23andme result in instagram

https://www.instagram.com/glorialvarezc/

https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.com.mx/local/tsnagz-gloria-alvarez-entrevista-46.jpg/alternates/LANDSCAPE_640/gloria%20alvarez%20entrevista%20%20(46).JPG

Wow, these things are really random... I've seen people who are complete nig-nogs compared to her and they are more European autosomally.

Duffmannn
07-15-2019, 09:30 PM
She´s pretty much an alnortedelsur, in appearance and genetics.

Duffmannn
07-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Wow, these things are really random... I've seen people who are complete nig-nogs compared to her and they are more European autosomally.

Somebody 85% or over european and the rest amerindian always seems european, except very rare cases (and mostly because their euro component is exotic)

Adamastor
07-15-2019, 09:39 PM
Somebody 85% or over european and the rest amerindian always seems european, except very rare cases (and mostly because their euro component is exotic)

I think it depends on the 'luck' the guy had. There was a Brazilian user here who posted his results and he was 87% European (rest Amerindian) but looked like a pardo.

Lousianaboy
07-15-2019, 09:50 PM
yes, here in latin america the white people are minority although im a latin american im keltid nordid because im my origins are not in latin america so we dont pass the 5 % in latin america

Argentano
07-15-2019, 10:01 PM

I think it depends on the 'luck' the guy had. There was a Brazilian user here who posted his results and he was 87% European (rest Amerindian) but looked like a pardo.

The darkest white/cuasiwhite latinos i have seen are brazilians with colonial portuguese ancestry and argentines with south italian ancestry. In fact i cannot quantify this as its only an impression but i think a lot of the very euro brazilians in 23andme/gedmatch look quite dark/woggy.

Look at this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvOJSLc83E&t=128s

Adamastor
07-15-2019, 10:07 PM
The darkest white/cuasiwhite latinos i have seen are brazilians with colonial portuguese ancestry and argentines with south italian ancestry. In fact i cannot quantify this as its only an impression but i think a lot of the very euro brazilians in 23andme/gedmatch look quite dark/woggy.

Look at this guy

Yeah, this guy looks very dark for someone who's mostly European. He also has Northern Italian ancestry (Veneto) besides Portuguese/Spanish.

Latinus
07-15-2019, 10:08 PM

Look at this guy

I also share your impression, it's also not an easy task to drawn the line between dark/woggy and pardos with finer features.
Many phenotypes here in Brazil that I used to associate as pardos were in fact darker Southern Euro types.

Enviado de meu SM-G610M usando o Tapatalk

tekken999
07-15-2019, 10:10 PM

Look at this guy

What the hell, these 23andme tests must be bullshit then lol. I don't think these are really accurate after all, having seen some of these results. Someone with that much euro, whether iberian or whatever is not gonna come out looking middle eastern or mulatto.

Latinus
07-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Subnordid.

Argentano
07-15-2019, 10:13 PM
I also share your impression, it's also not an easy task to drawn the line between dark/woggy and pardos with finer features.
Many phenotypes here in Brazil that I used to associate as pardos were in fact darker Southern Euro types.

Yeah, this guy looks very dark for someone who's mostly European. He also has Northern Italian ancestry (Veneto) besides Portuguese/Spanish.

Another brazilian example, she probably can pass in europe but her look is kind of weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhrXLa9okaw&t=86s

Argentano
07-15-2019, 10:14 PM
What the hell, these 23andme tests must be bullshit then lol. I don't think these are really accurate after all, having seen some of these results. Someone with that much euro, whether iberian or whatever is not gonna come out looking middle eastern or mulatto.

23andme is OK. Their results are always perfect when it comes to people with known ancestry like for example a full euro, a half half or full black/amerindian.

There is an argentine girl in 23andme/gedmatch who is half spanish half sicilian, scores 100% european and she looks super mestiza. Some southern euros look quite dark.

Adamastor
07-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Another brazilian example, she probably can pass in europe but her look is kind of weird

She looks Southern European imo. Looks much more European than the first guy. That guy does not look European at all, even if he's more than 80% Euro. There was a Brazilian user here who also looked like a pardo and was over 85% Euro.

tekken999
07-15-2019, 10:19 PM
23andme is OK. Their results are always perfect when it comes to people with known ancestry like for example a full euro, a half half or full black/amerindian.

There is an argentine girl in 23andme/gedmatch who is half spanish half sicilian, scores 100% european and she looks super mestiza. Some southern euros look quite dark.

Yeah that seems to be true, but for mixed ancestry like latinos, there seems to be some big discrepancies in the results. I'm very suspicious of it, my results for ancestrydna also were quite different from that of 23andme, and there was indeed quite a difference in the admix, but who knows

Argentano
07-15-2019, 10:21 PM
Yeah that seems to be true, but for mixed ancestry like latinos, there seems to be some big discrepancies in the results. I'm very suspicious of it, my results for ancestrydna also were quite different from that of 23andme, and there was indeed quite a difference in the admix, but who knows

if i am not wrong 23andme and gendmatch always have very similar results.

Phenotypes seem to be kind of random so maybe this brazilian dude looks off but i wouldnt be surprised if his parents look more european than he does.

A brazilian girl comes to my mind that was 78% euro and looked "black" to me. But her mother looked full white so its quite possible that she is 78% euro.

tekken999
07-15-2019, 10:45 PM
if i am not wrong 23andme and gendmatch always have very similar results.

Phenotypes seem to be kind of random so maybe this brazilian dude looks off but i wouldnt be surprised if his parents look more european than he does.

A brazilian girl comes to my mind that was 78% euro and looked "black" to me. But her mother looked full white so its quite possible that she is 78% euro.
That sounds very strange to me but it's a possibility I suppose. It's just weirdly funny the image walking around in a town full of mulatto looking people that unknowingly have high euro ancestry.

Anyways in my case for example, 23andme put me at 70.2 percent euro which is a bit lower than ancestry dna which put me at 76 percent when you add up all the euro regions. Ancestry also put me at 10 percent ssa(oddly no north african) while 23andme gave me 8.7 percent along with 2.2 percent west asian/north african. Finally, amerindian dna was the most consistent for me on both sites, 14 percent according to ancestrydna while 13.6 percent on 23andme. And also there's the 5.2 percent unassigned part on 23andme.

https://i.imgur.com/qcX9grR.jpg

Also, doing the gedmatch euro thing and adding up the admixtures puts me closer to ancestrydna with 76 euro dna for example once added up in total.
The relative of mine who i posted looks very boricua yet scores much higher than me in euro. And I myself don't have a picture to give so all you can do is take my word but I'm not very typical looking for a puerto rican, according to what other people tell me, including puerto ricans. That is to say that I don't look like daddy yankee in other words but more on the euro side

Corded
07-15-2019, 11:02 PM
Robust subnordid

alnortedelsur
07-16-2019, 01:02 AM
She´s pretty much an alnortedelsur, in appearance and genetics.

hehehe... you just found my female version xD

PaleoEuropean
07-16-2019, 01:49 AM
This is what Spaniards looked like before the Arabs, the large swath of Spaniards and Portuguese were of Germanic-Celtic descent.

ChocolateFace
07-16-2019, 02:01 AM

In a case like hers when you see 1.8% sub-saharan African as she scores, do you believe it is actual african ancestry from when they brought slaves to Brazil or a noise amount not indicative of an actual ancestor? 1.8% may be a bit too much to be considered noise.

Argentano
07-16-2019, 03:56 AM
That sounds very strange to me but it's a possibility I suppose. It's just weirdly funny the image walking around in a town full of mulatto looking people that unknowingly have high euro ancestry.

Dont get me wrong. I said its kind of random so some individuals will look more euro than they are and others will look less euro than they are

alnortedelsur
07-16-2019, 03:58 AM
This is what Spaniards looked like before the Arabs, the large swath of Spaniards and Portuguese were of Germanic-Celtic descent.

LOL

Argentano
07-16-2019, 04:05 AM
In a case like hers when you see 1.8% sub-saharan African as she scores, do you believe it is actual african ancestry from when they brought slaves to Brazil or a noise amount not indicative of an actual ancestor? 1.8% may be a bit too much to be considered noise.

It may be BUT A lot of the portuguese ancestry in brazilians comes from Azores. Look at an Azorean 23andme result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4b3t8Gcgc4

PaleoEuropean
07-16-2019, 04:10 AM
LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_words_of_Germanic_origin

All words and names of Germanic origin :rolleyes:

aguantar "to put up with" (< maybe It agguantare, from guanto "gauntlet" < Old Provençal < OFr guant < Frankish *want)
aguante "patience, tolerance"
B
bala "bullet" (< Fr balle < MFr < Northern It balla < Lombardic balla, palla < PGmc *ballô, cf. Eng ball, Ger Ball)
abalear "to shoot"
balear "to shoot"
balcón "balcony" (< It balcone < OIt balcone "scaffold" < Lombardic *balko, *balkon- "beam", PGmc *balkô "beam", cf. Eng balk)
banco "bench; bank" (OFr bank < Latin "bench" Back then banking was done "over the bench")
banca "bench, seat"
banda "band, group" (< Fr bande < Old Provençal banda "regiment of troops" < WGmc *banda or maybe Gothic bandwō "flag, sign")
bandada "flock of birds, group of animals"
bandera "flag"
bando "edict, mandate" (< Fr ban < Frankish ban)
bando "faction, party, side" (< maybe Gothic bandwō "flag, sign")
bandido "outlaw, bandit"
bandolero "outlaw, bandit"
banquete "banquet" (< Fr banquet < It banchetto "light repast between meals", dim. of banco "bench" < Lombardic *bank, panch < PGmc *bankiz, cf. bench)
barón "baron" (< maybe Frankish *baro "free man")
bistec, bisté, biftec "steak" (< Eng beefsteak, from beef (< OFr buef "ox; beef", cf. Sp buey)+ steak (< ON steik, cf. Eng stick))
bigote "moustache" (< maybe German bei Gott, "by God")[1]
bisonte "bison" (< Latin bison, bisōntis, of Germanic origin, cf Dutch wisent)
blanco "white" (< Germanic *blank)
bloque "block" (< Fr bloc < Dutch blok)
bloquear "to block"
bordar "to embroider" (< maybe Germanic *brŭzdan, cf English board, Dutch boord)
bordado "embroidery"
borde "edge" (< Fr bord < Frankish bord "side of the ship")
a bordo "on board"
botar "to bounce" (< Germanic *bōtan "to hit", cf Eng beat, Dutch boten)
bote "bounce"
bote "boat" (< OEng bāt)
bramar "to roar, bellow" (< maybe Gothic *bramôn)
bramido "roar, bellow"
brecha "breach, opening"
brindis "toast(with drinks)"
brida "bridle"
brío "spirit", "brio" (Celtic?)
brocha "broach"
brotar "to sprout"
buganvill(i)a, bugambilia= "bougainvillea"[citation needed]
bulevar "boulevard" (Middle Dutch "bolwerc", Dutch bolwerk, also from Dutch: English bulwark)
buque "ship, vessel"
burgués "bourgeoisie", "member of the middle class" (cf Dutch burg "fortified city", burger "civilian")
busca; buscar "to search"
C
cancán "can-can dance"[citation needed]
carpa "carp"
chocar "to crash, collide"
cinc "zinc"
club "club, association"
cobalto "cobalt"
comarca "region", specifically "comarcas of Spain", etc. (second element only)
D
E
equipar "to equip"
F
filibustero "filibuster"
film "film"
filtro; filtrar "filter" (noun; verb)
flotar; flota; flotilla "float"
folclore "folklore" (from English folklore)
fornido "strong, robust"
fornir "provide"
forrar "cover"
frambuesa "raspberry"
franco "candid"
Franco "franc (currency)"
franqueo "postage"
frasco "bottle"
fresco "cool"
fútbol, futbol "association football, soccer"
G
gabardina "raincoat"
gaita "bagpipes" (especially Galician bagpipes)
gaje "perk"
galán "a gallant person"
galante "gallant"
galardón "award"
galope "gallop"
ganado "livestock"
ganar "to win"
ganso; gansa "goose"
garaje "garage"
garantía "warranty"
garbo "grace/elegance"
gardenia "gardenia"
garrote "club"
gavilán "hawk"
González (gunðe-salaz) "war-hall / castle"
grabar "to record"
gripe, gripa "flu"
gris "grey"
grosella "currant/gooseberry"
grupo "group/band"
guadaña "scythe"
guagua (bus)[citation needed]
guante "glove" (< Cat guant< Frankish *want)
guantelete "gauntlet" (< Fr gantelet, dim. of gant "glove")
guarcanión
guarda "guard" (< Germanic *warda "a search with sight" < *wardôn "to pay attention")
aguardar "to wait for"
guardar "to save, guard"
guardia "the act of guarding"
guarir "to cure; to subsist; to recover" (< Germanic *warjan)
guarecer "to shelter, protect"
guarida "den, shelter for animals; shelter"
guarnición "garrison"
guerra "war"
guerrilla "guerilla"
gueto "ghetto"
guía "a guide"
guiar "to guide"
guillotina "guillotine"
guión "script/hyphen"
guirnalda "wreath"
guisa "guise"
guisar "cook/stew)
Guzmán (guts/man) Goodman
H
hacha "hatchet/ax"
halar, jalar "to pull"
hato "herd"
heraldo "herald"
hola "hello" (<Germanic, as the Latin has no cognate with hello . Germanic languages as hej Danish, hallå Swedish and hallo West Frisian or Dutch do have similarities)
I
instalar "to install"
J
jardín "garden"
K
L
lastre "ballast"
líder "leader"
lieja "liege"
lista "list"
listón "ribbon"
lote "lot/portion"
lotería "lottery/bingo"
M
maleta "suitcase/trunk"
maniquí "mannequin"
marcar "to mark"
marchar"to march"
mariscal "marshal"
marqués "marquis"
marquesina "marquee"
marta "minx"
mascota "a pet"
masón "mason"
mástil "mast"
N
nórdico "nordic"
norte "north"
O
oeste "west"
orgullo "pride"
P
palco "box"
papel "paper/role"
paquete "packet"
placa "plaque/license plate"
Q
quilla "keel"
R
rachear see rancho
rancho "ranch" from French ranger, from Old French ranc, from Frankish *hring or some other Germanic source
raza "race (lineage)" from Italian razza "race, lineage" from Langobard. raiza "line, race" (trans. from Latin 'linea sanguinis' "bloodline of descent"), akin to OHG reiza "line" [2]
raspar "to scrape"
ratón "mouse"
refrescar "to refresh"
reno "reindeer"
retaguardia "rearguard"
rico(a) "rich/tasty"
rifa "raffle"
rifle "rifle"
riqueza "wealth/riches"
robar "to rob"
robo "robbery"
rocín "nag"
ron "rum"
ropa "clothing"
rorcual "rorqual"
rueca "spinning wheel"
rufián "ruffian"
rumba "rumba"
ruso (but see Etymology of Rus)
S
sacar "to take out"
sajón "Saxon"
sala "living room, room (in general)"
salón "salon, room (in general)"
saxofón (first element only)
sopa "soup" (it comes from Sanskrit suppa)
sud/sur "south"
sueco "Swede"
suizo "Swiss"
T
tacha "blemish"
tachuela "tack"
taco "taco"
tacón "heel"
talar "to cut"
tampón "tampon"
tapa "top"
tapar "to cover"
tapia "wall"
tapón "plug"
tarjeta "card", cognate with English "target"
teta "tit"
teutón "Teuton"
toalla "towel"
toldo "awning"
tope "top/stop"
torio "thorium"
trampa "trap/trick"
tregua "truce
trepar "to climb"
trombón "trombone"
trompa "trunk/horn"
trompo "spinning top"
tropa "troop"
trotar "to trot"
tungsteno "tungsten"
tupé "toupee"
U
ufano "a smug/boastul person"
V
vagón "wagon"
valquiria "Valkyrie"
vals "waltz"
vanadio "vanadium"
vandalismo "vandalism" (second element only)
venda "bandage"
vermut "vermouth"
W
wagneriano "Wagnerian"
X
Y
yate "yacht"
yelmo "helmet"
yodo "iodine"
Z
By origin
Franconian
Old Frankish evolved to Old Dutch between 500 and 800 AD. Around 1200 AD Old Dutch evolved to Middle Dutch. Around the 16th century, Modern Dutch evolved out of Middle Dutch.

Frankish
aguantar= to endure, bear, resist: from Italian agguantare "to retain, take hold of" (originally "to detain with gauntlets"), from a- + guanto "gauntlet", from Frankish (*)want (see guante below) + verbal suffix -are (suffix changed to -ar in Spanish).
alojar= to lodge, to house, to provide hospitality: from Catalan allotjar, from llotja from Old French loge, see lonja below.
borde= border, edge: from Old French bord "side of a ship, border, edge", from Frankish (*)bord "table", from Germanic (*)burd-.
bordar= to embroider: from Frankish (*)bruzdon (source of Old French brouder, brosder and French broder), from Germanic (*)bruzd- "point, needle", from the IE root (*)bhrs-dh-, from (*)bhrs-, from (*)bhar-, "point, nail."
bosque= forest, woods: from Catalan of Provençal of Old French bosc, from Germanic (*)busk- "brush, underbrush, thicket" (source of Old High German busc).
bosquejo= a sketch, outline, rough draft: from Spanish bosquejar "to sketch, to outline", probably from Catalan bosquejar from bosc, see bosque above.
destacar= to detach troops: from French détachar (influenced by Spanish atacar), from Old French destachier "to unattach", from des- "apart, away" + atachier, a variation of estachier, from estaca, from Frankish stakka, see estaca below in Germanic section.
destacar= to stand out, to emphasize: from Italian staccare "to separate", from Old French destacher, destachier, see destacar above.
estandarte= a military standard: from Old French estandart, probably from Frankish (*)standhard "standard that marks a meeting place", (implicit sense: "that which stands firmly"), from (*)standan "to stand", (from Germanic (*)standan, from the IE root (*)sta- "to stand")[3] + (*)hard "hard, firm", see ardid below in Germanic section.
guante= glove, gauntlet: from Catalan guant "gauntlet", from Frankish (*)want "gauntlet."[4]
lonja= market, building where merchants and sellers gather: from regional Catalan llonja (Modern Catalan llotja), from [[Old Frenchlogo "dwelling, shelter", from Frankish (*)laubja "covering, enclosure", from Germanic (*)laubja "shelter" (implicit sense "roof made of bark"), from the IE root (*)leup- "to peel."
oboe= an oboe: from French hautbois from haut (from Frankish *hauh "high" and Latin altus "high") + bois "wood", see bosque above.
ranchear, rancho= ranch, From French ranger, from Old French ranc, from Frankish *hring' or some other Germanic source (Old High German hring "circle, ring"), from Proto-Germanic *khrengaz "circle, ring". Shares the root with rank.
Old Dutch
See also: Old Dutch
Middle Dutch
See also: Middle Dutch
amarrar= to moor a boat, to tie, to fasten: from French amarrer, "to moor", from Middle Dutch aanmarren "to fasten", from aan "on" (from Germanic (*)ana, (*)anō, from the IE root (*)an-)[5] + marren "to fasten, to moor a boat." See Modern Dutch aanmeren.
baluarte= bulwark: from Old French boloart "bulwark, rampart, terreplein converted to a boulevard", from Middle Dutch bolwerc "rampart". See Modern Dutch bolwerk.
bulevar: from French boulevard, from Middle Dutch: bolwerc "rampart". See Modern Dutch bolwerk.
maniquí= a mannequin, dummy, puppet: from French mannequin, from (probably via Catalan maniquí) Dutch, from Middle Dutch mannekijn "little man", from man "a man" (see alemán below in Germanic section) + the diminutive suffix -ken, -kin, -kijn, from West Germanic (*)-kin (cf. Modern German -chen) See Modern Dutch manneken (Belgium).
rumbo= direction, course, route, pomp, ostentation: from Old Spanish rumbo "each of the 32 points on a compass", from Middle Dutch rume "space, place, rhumb line, storeroom of a ship", from Germanic rūmaz "space, place", from the IE root (*)reu- "space, to open".[6] See Modern Dutch ruim.
Modern Dutch
See also: Dutch language

babor= port side of a ship: from French babord "portside", from Dutch bakboord "left side of a ship", literally "back side of a ship" (from the fact that most ships were steered from the starboard side), from bak "back, behind", (from Germanic (*)bakam) + boord "board, side of a ship", see borde below (in Germanic section). Also see estribor' "starboard" below in the Germanic section
berbiquí= carpenter's brace: from regional French veberquin (French vilebrequin), from Dutch wimmelken, from wimmel "auger, drill, carpenter's brace" + -ken, a diminutive suffix, see maniquí below in Middle Dutch section.
Anglo-Frisian
Old English
See also: Old English
arlequín= harlequin: from Italian arlecchino, from Old French Herlequin "mythic chief of a tribe", probably from Middle English Herle king, from Old English Herla cyning, Herla Kyning literally King Herla, a king of Germanic mythology identified with Odin/Woden. Cyning "king" is from Germanic (*)kunjan "family" (hence, by extension royal family), from the IE root (*)gen- "to birth, regenerate".[7]
bote= a small, uncovered boat: from Old French bot, from Middle English bot, boot, from Old English bāt, from Germanic (*)bait-, from the IE root (*)bheid- "to split".[8]
este= east: from French est, from Middle English est, from Old English ēast, from Germanic (*)aust-, from the IE root (*)awes-, aus "to shine".[9]
norte= north: from Old French nord, from Old English north, from Germanic (*)north-, from the IE root (*)nr-to "north", from (*)nr- "wiktionary:under, to the left"[10]
oeste= west: from Middle English west, from Old English west, from Germanic (*)west-, from (*)wes-to-, from (*)wes-, from (*)wespero- "evening, dusk".[11]
sud-= south (combining form): from Old French sud "south", from Old English sūth, from Germanic (*)sunthaz, from the IE root (*)sun-, swen-, variants of (*)sāwel- "sun".[12]
sur= south: from French sud, from Old English sūth, see sud- above.
Middle English
See also: Middle English
Modern English
See also: English language
bar
básquetbol= basketball
béisbol= baseball: from Modern English, from base (from Old French base, from Latin basis "base, pedestal", from Ancient Greek βασις basis, from βαινειν bainein "to go, to come", from the IE root)[13] + ball from Middle English bal, (from either Old Norse böllr OR Old English (*)beall)[14] both from Germanic (*)ball-, from the IE root (*)bhel- "to swell".[15]
bit
boxear= to box: from Modern English, from Middle English box.[16]
byte
chatear= chat (on the internet)
cheque= cheque/check
chequeo= checkup
choque= shock [17]
clic= click (on a mouse)
cliquear= to click (mouse)
club
dólar[18]
cómic= comic, ultimately Greek borrowing (adj.)
escáner= scanner
escanear= to scan
eslógan= slogan
estándar= standard
esmoquin= tuxedo, from smoking [19]
fax
flash
fútbol= soccer
gay= English, from French
glamoroso= glamorous
hall
hockey
interfaz= interface
internet
jersey= (pullover, sweater)
líder= leader
link =(as in the Internet)
marketing
mitin= meeting
módem= modem
mouse (device)
náilon= nylon
píxel= pixel
pudin= pudding [20]
ranking/ranquin
rock = (as in music)
rosbif = roast beef [21]
sandwich
sexy/sexi
shampú or champú "shampoo"
shock
software
startup
show
examen "test"
telemarketing, know-how
turista= tourist
vagón= wagon
voleibol = volleyball
yanqui= yankee
yate= yacht
Low German
Old Low German
Middle Low German
Modern Low German
High German
Old High German
See also: Old High German
banca= bench: see banco= bench below
banco= bench: from Old High German banc "bench, board"
banco= bank: from French banque "bank", from Italian banca "bench, money changer's table", from Old High German banc, see banco= bench above
banqueta= backless bench, stool, sidewalk (Mexico): diminutive of banca, see banca above.
Middle High German
See also: Middle High German
Modern High German
See also: German language
North-Germanic
Old Norse
See also: Old Norse language
bistec= steak, beefsteak: from English beefsteak, from beef (ultimately from Latin bōs, bovis "cow", from the IE root (*)gwou- "ox, bull, cow")[22] + steak, from Middle English steyke, from Old Norse steik "piece of meat cooked on a spit", from Germanic (*)stik-, see estaca below in the Germanic section.
Other
Langobardic
See also: Lombardic language
palco= a balcony, balcony of a theater: from Italian palco, from Langobardic palko "scaffolding", from Germanic (*)balkōn "beam, crossbeam", see balcón below in Germanic section.
Visigothic
See also: Gothic language
agasajar= to flatter: from agasajo (see agasajo below) + the verbal suffix -ar
agasajo= entertainment, kind reception, friendliness, flattery: from a- + Old Spanish gasajo "reception" from Visigothic gasalja "companion, comrade", from ga- with, together (from the IE root (*)kom)[23] + sal- "room, lodging" (see sala below in the Germanic section).
guardia= guard, bodyguard, protection: from Visigothic wardja "a guard", from Germanic wardaz, from the IE root (*)wor-to-, see guardar below in Germanic section.
guardián= guardian: from Visigothic wardjan accusative of wardja, see guardia above.
atacar= to attack: Old Italian attaccare "to fasten, join, unite, attack (implicit sense: to join in a battle)", changed from (*)estacar (by influence of a-, common verbal prefix) "to fasten, join", from Visigothic stakka "a stick, stake", from Germanic (*)stak-, see estaca in Germanic section.
Germanic of unidentified origin
abanderado= standard-bearer, also standard-bearing (adjective): from a- + bandera, (see bandera below) + -ado, from Latin -atus, noun suffix derived the adjective suffix -atus.
abandonar= to abandon: from Old French a bandon, from a + bandon "control" from ban "proclamation, jurisdiction, power", from Germanic (*)banwan, (*)bannan "to proclaim, speak publicly".[24][25]
abordar= to board a ship, to approach, to undertake: from a- + bordo "side of a ship", variation of borde, see borde below
abotonar: to button: from a- + botón "button", see botón below
abrasar= to burn, to parch: from a- + brasa "a coal, ember" (see brasa below) + the verbal suffix -ar
aguardar= to wait, wait for: from a- + guardar, see guardar below.
alemán= of Germany (adjective), the German language: from Late Latin Alemanni, an ancient Germanic tribe, from Germanic (*)alamanniz (represented in Gothic alamans), from ala- "all" + mannis, plural of manna-/mannaz "man" (Gothic manna) from the IE root (*)man- "man".[26]
ardid= trick, scheme, ruse: from Old Spanish ardid "risky undertaking in war", from Catalan ardit (noun) "risky undertaking, strategy", from ardit (adjective) "daring, bold", from a Germanic source represented in Old High German harti "daring, bold" and hart "hard", both from the IE root (*)kor-tu-.[27]
arenque= herring: possibly via French hareng, from Germanic (compare Old High German hārinc).
arpa= a harp: from French: harpe, from Germanic (*)harpōn-.
arrimar= to approach: possibly from Old French arrimer, arimer "to arrange the cargo in the storeroom of a ship", from Germanic (*)rūmaz "room"
atrapar= to trap, to ensnare: from French attraper, from Old French a- + trape "trap", from Germanic (*)trep- (seen in the Old English træppe) from the IE root (*)dreb-, from (*)der- "to run."
bala= a bullet: Italian balla/palla, from Germanic (*)ball-, see béisbol above in Old English section.
balcón== a balcony: from Italian balcone, from Old Italian balcone "scaffold", from Germanic (*)balkōn "beam, crossbeam", from the IE root (*)bhelg- "beam, board, plank."
balón= a large ball: from Italian ballone, pallone, balla (see bala above) + -one, an augmentive suffix, related to and possibly the source of Spanish -ón (in balón). see here.
banda= ribbon, band, sash: from Old French bande "knot, fastening", from Germanic '*band-', from the IE root (*)bhondh-, from (*)bhendh-.[28]
banda= band, troop, musical group: from Germanic '*bandwa-', "standard, signal", also "group" (from the use of a military standard by some groups]]), from the IE root (*)bha- "to shine" (implicit sense "signal that shines").
bandera= banner: from Vulgar Latin (*)bandaria "banner", from Late Latin bandum "standard", from Germanic (*)bandwa, see banda= group below
bandido= bandit, gangster: from Italian bandito "bandit", from bandire "to band together", from Germanic '*banwan', see abandonar above
banquete= a banquet: rom Old French banquet, diminutive of banc "bench, long seat", of Germanic origin, of the same family as the Old High German banc, see banco= bench above in Old High German section.
bisonte== Bison bison: from Latin bisontem (accusative of bison) "wisent (Bison bonasus)", from Germanic (*)wisand-, wisunt- (Old High German wisant, wisunt).
blanco= white, white person, blank: from Vulgar Latin (*)blancus, from Germanic (*)blank- "to shine", from the IE root.[29]
bloque= a block, a bloc: from French bloc, from Middle Dutch blok "trunk of a tree", from a Germanic source represented in the Old High German bloh.
bohemio= a bohemian, of Bohemia, vagabond, eccentric, Gitano, Gypsy: from bohemio/Bohemia (from the belief that the Gitanos came from Bohemia), from Latin bohemus, from Boihaemum, literally "place of the Boi/Boii (from Celtic, see bohemio here) + Latin -haemum "home", from Germanic (*)haima "home", from the IE root (*)koi-mo-, from (*)koi-, variant of (*)kei- "bed, couch; beloved, dear".[30]
bota= a boot: from or simply from the same source as French botte "boot", from Old French bote "boot", probably from the same source as Modern French pied bot "deformed foot" in which bot is from Germanic (*)būtaz, from the IE root (*)bhau- "to strike", see botar below.
botar= to throw, to bounce, to jump: from Old French boter, bouter "to open, to hit, to strike, to perforate", from Romance bottare "to strike, to push, to shove", from Germanic (*) buttan "to hit, to strike" from the IE root (*)bhau-.[31]
bote+ a bounce: see botar above
botón= button: from Old French boton, bouton "button", from boter, bouter "to open, perforate", see botar above
boya= a buoy: probably from Old French boie, from Germanic, possibly from Old High German bouhhan, from Germanic (*)baukna- "signal", from the IE root (*)bha- "to shine".[32]
brasa= a coal, ember: from Old French brese "a coal" (Modern French braise), probably from Germanic (*)bres-, (*)bhres-, from the IE root (*)bhreu-.[33]
dibujar= to draw, represent with lines: older Spanish meanings include "to represent, to paint, to sculpt, to do wood carving", probably from Old French deboissier "to sculpt in wood", from de- + bois "wood", from Germanic (*)busk-, see bosque above.
estaca= a stake: from Germanic (*)stak-, from the IE root (*)steg- "pale, post pointed stick".[34]
estribor= starboard side of a ship: from Old French estribord "starboard", (Modern French tribord), from a Germanic source (confer Old English stēorbord). From Germanic (*)stiurjō "to steer", + Germanic (*)'burd-, see borde above
grupo= group: rom Italian gruppo, from a Germanic word represented by Old High German kropf "beak."
guardar= to guard, watch over, keep, observe (a custom): from Germanic (*)wardōn "to look after, take care of", from the IE root (*)wor-to-, "to watch", from (*)wor-, (*)wer- "to see, watch, perceive".[35]
sala= a room: from Germanic sal- "room, house", from the IE root (*)sol- "hamlet, human settlement."
salón= main room of a house (see sala above) + -on, augmentive suffix.
trampa= a trap: possibly from Germanic, from the same derivation as trampolín (see below) and atrapar (see above).
trampolín= a trampoline: from Italian trampolino "trampoline" (implicit sense: game of agility on stilts), from trampoli, plural of a Germanic word (*)tramp- (such as German trampeln and Old High German trampen, both meaning "to tread, trample"), from the IE root (*)dreb-, from (*)der- "to run."
vanguardia= vanguard: from Old Spanish avanguardia, from Catalan avantguarda from avant "before, advance", (from Latin ab- + ante "before") + guarda "guard", from Germanic wardaz, see guardia above in Visigothic section.
Latin words of Germanic origin
See also: Latin
bisonte (from L bisont-, bison from Gmc, akin to OHG wisant, aurochs)
filtro; filtrar= "filter; to filter" from ML filtrum felt from Gmc, akin to OE felt, felt
jabon= "soap" from Latin sapon-, sapo, soap from Gmc
Names
See also: Rodriguez (surname)
Forenames
Adalberto
Adela
Adelaida
Adelia
Adelina
Adelita
Adolfito
Adolfo
Alberto
Alfonso
Alfredo
Alicia
Alita
Alonso
Álvaro
Amalia
Amelia
América
Américo = Italian Amerigo from Visigothic Amalric from amal "labour, work" + ric "kingdom, rule, domain"
Anselma
Anselmo
Armando
Astrid
Baldomero
Balduino
Baudelio
Bernardino
Bernardita
Bernardo
Berta
Blanca
Brunilda
Bruno
Carla
Carlito
Carlitos
Carlos
Carlota
Carolina
Claudomiro
Conrado
Curro
Dalia
Eberardo
Edelmira
Edelmiro
Edgardo
Edmundo
Eduardo
Elodia
Eloísa
Elvira
Ema
Emelina
Enrique
Ernesta
Ernestina
Ernesto
Etelvina
Federico
Fernanda
Fernando
Fito
Fran
Francisca
Francisco
Geraldo
Gerardo
Gertrudis
Gervasio
Gilberto
Gisela
Godofredo
Gonzalo
Godino = of Visigothic origin, from Gaut 'Goth' or guþ 'god'.
Griselda
Gualterio
Guillermo
Guiomar
Gustavo
Hélder
Herberto
Heriberto
Hermenegildo
Hernán
Hernando
Hilda
Hildegarda
Hugo
Ida
Ildefonso
Imelda
Irma
Ivette
Jordán
Jordana
Lalo
Leonardo
Leopoldo
Lorena
Luis
Luisa
Luisina
Lupe
Lupita
Matilde
Nando
Nilda
Nora
Olegario
Olga
Olivia
Óscar
Osvaldo
Paca
Paco
Pancho
Paquita
Paquito
Ramiro
Roberto
Rodolfo
Rodrigo = from Germanic Hrodric/Hrēðrīc/Rørik/Hrœrekr (Roderick, Rodrick, Roderich; a compound of hrod 'renown' + ric 'power(ful)'), from the Proto-Germanic *Hrōþirīk(i)az; it was borne by the last of the Visigoth kings and is one of the most important Spanish personal names of Germanic origin.[36]
Rogelio
Ronaldo
Surnames
Alonso = Galician-Portuguese variant of Adalfuns.
Álvarez = patronymic form of Álvaro
Enríquez = patronymic form of Enrique
Fernández = patronymic form of Fernando
García = patronymic form of Garces
Godínez = patronymic form of Godino
Gómez = patronymic form of Gome
González = patronymic form of Gonzalo
Guerrero = occupational name meaning warrior, from Germanic werra, modern German wirr ("confused")
Gutiérrez = patronymic form of Gutierre
Guzmán = guts/man = goodman
Manrique(z)= from the Gothic "Aimanreiks" = Man(male) ric (realm/kingdom/power)
Henríque(z) = from the Gothic "Haimreiks" = Haim(village) ric (realm/kingdom/power)
Hernández = patronymic form of Hernando
Méndez = patronymic form of Mendo
Ramírez = patronymic form of Ramiro
Rodríguez = patronymic form of Rodrigo
Ruiz = patronymic form of Ruy, variant of Rodrigo
Vélez = patronymic form of Vela, which itself is derived from Vigila (Wigila).

alnortedelsur
07-16-2019, 04:46 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_words_of_Germanic_origin

All words and names of Germanic origin :rolleyes:

-------

I didn't laughed at that, but at your claim of Spaniards turning into being "impure" for mixing with Arabs. Moors (most of whom were Northern Africans, not Arabs) left almost not genetic impact into the Spanish/Portuguese gene pools. They were not more than a small ruling elite, and they were all expelled.

That woman is very likely of mostly Spanish stock. Not saying that most Spaniards are like that, but Spaniards like her are not rare either, but a large minority.

Latinus
07-17-2019, 05:07 PM
It may be BUT A lot of the portuguese ancestry in brazilians comes from Azores. Look at an Azorean 23andme result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4b3t8Gcgc4I think Azores ancestry is mainly in Southern Brazil, in the rest of the country the Portuguese stock (colonial or recent) came mainly from the north of continental Portugal (Minho and Trás Os Montes), I think.