PDA

View Full Version : Turkish President Erdoğan recites Islamic prayer at the Hagia Sophia

Leo Iscariot
06-15-2018, 12:19 PM
http://i.hurimg.com/i/hdn/75/0x0/5ac09dbbc03c0e094c3abb4d.jpg

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan recited an Islamic prayer on March 31 in the Hagia Sophia, a historic Istanbul landmark that has become a symbol of interfaith and diplomatic tensions.

Erdoğan called on guests attending the opening of a festival to join him in silently reciting the first verse of the Quran, dedicating the prayer to the “souls of all who left us this work as inheritance, especially Istanbul’s conqueror.”

The Hagia Sophia was built during the 6th century Christian Byzantine Empire and served as the seat of the Greek Orthodox Church. It was converted into an imperial mosque with the Ottoman conquest of Istanbul in 1453.

Turkey’s secular founder Mustafa Kemal Atatürk made the structure a museum in 1935 but there have been calls in recent years to turn it back into a mosque.

Thousands of Muslim Turks have prayed outside the Hagia Sophia over the years to demand that it be restored as a place of worship. In 2015, a cleric recited from the Quran inside the building, a UNESCO World Heritage site, for the first time in 85 years.

The following year, Turkey’s religious authority began hosting and broadcasting religious readings during the holy month of Ramadan and the call to prayer was recited to mark the first revelation of the Quran to the Prophet Muhammad.

Speaking at the opening of the first Yeditepe Biennial, focusing on classical Turkish art, Erdoğan said on March 31 that it was “difficult and emotional” to be speaking at the Hagia Sophia, which he described as “magnificent and holy.”

Greece has protested the Turkish government’s religious use of the venue, calling it last summer an “affront to the international community,” the Associated Press reported.

The Turkish Foreign Ministry condemned the Greek statement, saying it distorted the events and arguing that Greece made it difficult for Muslims to practice their faith.

Heather Nauert, a spokeswoman for the U.S. State Department at the time, said the venue had a “great significance to other faiths, many faiths” and called on Turkey to “preserve the Hagia Sophia in a way that respects its complex history.”

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-president-erdogan-recites-islamic-prayer-at-the-hagia-sophia-129594

Bosniensis
06-15-2018, 12:23 PM
"Greece has protested the Turkish government’s religious use of the venue"

This is unbelievable.

Orthodoxy is not religion of Constantinople anymore, why would anyone care about Orthodox people there?

Descendants of Constantine in Constantinople are muslims today and they don't have a need for Hagia Sophia Church but they converted it to Mosque. .

I understand that it disturbs Orthodoxes... but they are not a Major religion anymore.

Orthodoxes are always disturbed by their Churches, yet they have expelled muslims from Greece and still deny us a right to build Mosque in Greece.

Also Orthodoxes are disturbed about their losses, yet deny Hellenic pagans to reconstruct temples in Greece.

Not Fair.

Böri
06-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Months ago and without additional moves.
Erdoğan doesn't do anything that bothers Greece.

There are 18 islets which Turkey claims in the Aegean Sea. Greeks started to militarize the islets and you see Erdogan all silent.
He appears like he is pro-Greek and pro-Orthodox for some reason.

Bosniensis
06-15-2018, 12:30 PM
Months ago and without additional moves.
Erdoğan doesn't do anything that bothers Greece.

There are 18 islets which Turkey claims in the Aegean Sea. Greeks started to militarize the islets and you see Erdogan all silent.
He appears like he is pro-Greek and pro-Orthodox for some reason.

Orthodoxes are dangerous, you give them hand they cut it instead.

I know them very well...

They also always break promises.

They talk about injustice... when Erdogan asked them multiple times for Mosque in Greece they refused.

They only see injustice done to themselves not to others.

Böri
06-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Only they who know their ancestors were Orthodox once upon a time can actually feel closeness and kinship to Orthodoxes and to their Orthodox religion! They wouldnt tell it outloud of course, they would fear. So, their strategy is more based on getting similar pro-Orthodox results but with other means.

İ am always suspicious about the true intentions of those conservative Muzzies who approach like ''But Islam is the religion of tolerance'' and try to get compromises for the benefit of Orthodoxes....

Serb-Orthodox originated Sanjaki Bosniensis is a good example.
Pretending to be Bugomilian-extract (Manichean) Bosniak but in reality being a Muslim Serb honoring the Orthodox religion of his ancestors...

Bosniensis
06-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Only they who know their ancestors were Orthodox once upon a time can actually feel closeness and kinship to Orthodoxes and to their Orthodox religion! They wouldnt tell it outloud of course, they would fear. So, their strategy is more based on getting similar pro-Orthodox results but with other means.

İ am always suspicious about the true intentions of those conservative Muzzies who approach like ''But Islam is the religion of tolerance'' and try to get compromises for the benefit of Orthodoxes....

Serb-Orthodox originated Sanjaki Bosniensis is a good example.
Pretending to be Bugomilian-extract Bosniak but being a Muslim Serb honoring the Orthodox religion of his ancestors...

I am not honoring religion of my ancestors, Orthodoxes bombed my house in war.
I am closer to Orthodox people genetically, but they would shot me on sight if they could.

I am also tolerant secular muslim, the only thing I believe that we muslims should stick together nothing else.

It is true I dislike Turkic language, but that's personal preference.

I have friends in Turkey, good and honest people.

Petros Houhoulis
06-15-2018, 03:50 PM
I am not honoring religion of my ancestors, Orthodoxes bombed my house in war. Unfortunately they missed. They ain't that smart after all, a bunch of Atheists would make sure you don't exist
I am closer to Orthodox people genetically, but they would shot me on sight if they could. They are way smarter than the British who are allowing the Muzzies to massively gang-rape their daughters, or the Turks who are constantly fucked up by Islam but never let it go
I am also tolerant secular muslim, the only thing I believe that we muslims should stick together nothing else. Move to a majority Muslim country surrounded by other Majority Muslim countries. You shall be able to stick together with those people, or they'll stick it to you as they do to everybody else...
It is true I dislike Turkic language, but that's personal preference. It's a fact. Nobody likes howling. We are humans, not canines!
I have friends in Turkey, good and honest people.Impossible by now. If they were good and honest, they would have left Turkey long ago...

Böri
06-15-2018, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately they missed. They ain't that smart after all, a bunch of Atheists would make sure you don't exist They are way smarter than the British who are allowing the Muzzies to massively gang-rape their daughters, or the Turks who are constantly fucked up by Islam but never let it go Move to a majority Muslim country surrounded by other Majority Muslim countries. You shall be able to stick together with those people, or they'll stick it to you as they do to everybody else... It's a fact. Nobody likes howling. We are humans, not canines!Impossible by now. If they were good and honest, they would have left Turkey long ago...

Wtf you talk about fat ass? Your name is good example for ugliness of Greek.
Petros Hohoholiss. That must be painful upon answering to people asking for your name.

Hrisstoss Dimitriakis Papoualexandropolalakissos...

In Antiquity you just imported Phoenician knowledge and you succeeded against the cucky Darius of Acheamenids.
You kept fighting each other for centuries with Persians.

Then Turks came.
900 years of rule of Iran and an average rule of 600 years over different sorts of Greeks (no exception all Greeks: From Azov to Cypus; from Pontus to Epirus!)

For this simple reason, you can't be more proud than Turks.
You need to know your place.

Thanas Django
06-15-2018, 08:59 PM

I know my place. It's you who don't know yours. Inner Mongolia.

Gangrel
06-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Allah is great. Cyprus will be ours soon Inshallah and I will make Thanas Django my personal Watermelon farmer until he withers of old age

Böri
06-15-2018, 09:02 PM
I know my place. It's you who don't know yours. Inner Mongolia.

You are south Cypriot, thus not Greek. You are from linguistically Hellenicized Philistines and Phoenicians. Ptolomy assimilated you after he took control of Egypt some 2300 years ago.
It's time you recover your real identity and drop wannabe Hellenicism.

Joso
06-15-2018, 09:02 PM
Allah is great. Cyprus will be ours soon Inshallah and I will make Thanas Django my personal Watermelon farmer until he withers of old age

Greece is Macedonia

Thanas Django
06-15-2018, 09:08 PM

I will shit in your Karpuz until you kill me pezevenk

;)

Thanas Django
06-15-2018, 09:08 PM
You are south Cypriot, thus not Greek. You are from linguistically Hellenicized Philistines and Phoenicians. Ptolomy assimilated you after he took control of Egypt some 2300 years ago.

My DNA test results are available in the forum.

How about yours?

Armenian Bishop
06-15-2018, 09:16 PM

When at the University, I read the complete surviving works of Hesiod's Poetry, he called Aphrodite the "Cyprian Goddess" and wrote about her love for the men of Cyprus. Cyprus was very much a part of the Ancient Greek World.

Greece is Macedonia

Knock it Off, Jolsonaro! :stop

Böri
06-15-2018, 09:17 PM
My DNA test results are available in the forum.

How about yours?

I shared mines plenty of times. Never seen yours though

When at the university, I read the complete surviving works of Hesiod's Poetry, he called Aphrodite the "Cyprian Goddess" and wrote about her love for the men of Cyprus. Cyprus was very much a part of the Ancient Greek World.

Knock it Off, Jolsonaro! :stop

When Armenia was first formed, Cypriots still spoke Semitic.

Petros Houhoulis
06-15-2018, 09:57 PM
Wtf you talk about fat ass? Your name is good example for ugliness of Greek.
Petros Hohoholiss. That must be painful upon answering to people asking for your name.

Hrisstoss Dimitriakis Papoualexandropolalakissos...

In Antiquity you just imported Phoenician knowledge and you succeeded against the cucky Darius of Acheamenids.

The most we could have possibly imported from Phoenicia was the alphabet, and that is debatable.

You kept fighting each other for centuries with Persians.

Then Turks came.
900 years of rule of Iran and an average rule of 600 years over different sorts of Greeks (no exception all Greeks: From Azov to Cypus; from Pontus to Epirus!)

For this simple reason, you can't be more proud than Turks.

Hey, Psssst!

Let me tell you something, during those 600 years (actually <400 for south Greece proper) the average Turk was miserable. Even today the average Turk is miserable, but not as much as in the past because the west cuddled you. In any case, EAT THIS:

https://www.turkishminute.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/erdogan-5.jpg

I'd love to see him arseraping you, and take note: Sultans used to fight each other like the Ancient Greeks did, on occasion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Interregnum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Civil_War_(1509%E2%80%9313)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suleiman_the_Magnificent#Succession

I think that your place is in the toilet cleaning your Sultans' shit with your tongue!

Petros Houhoulis
06-15-2018, 09:59 PM

Your Sultan shall keep raping you insallah, until he gets his penis out of your mouth...

Petros Houhoulis
06-15-2018, 10:00 PM
I shared mines plenty of times. Never seen yours though

When Armenia was first formed, Cypriots still spoke Semitic.

Where is the evidence that the Cypriots ever spoke Semitic?