PDA

View Full Version : Classify some Greeks from Mani/Where they can pass

Livin
06-15-2018, 03:02 PM
https://youtu.be/SpLX-Y3n-Io

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Southern Italy, but more so the Adriatic region rather than Sicily. Some look more Balkan though.

Tauromachos
06-15-2018, 03:10 PM
Southern Italy, but more so the Adriatic region rather than Sicily. Some look more Balkan though.

I don't see any Balkan looking person in this video.

The lighter types in this video look rather Northern as if they could pass even in France or Central Europe.

But with this background music its also hard to classify them properly.
It sounds like they would be somewhere in Switzerland and not Greece.

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 03:14 PM
I don't see any Balkan looking person in this video.

The lighter types in this video look rather Northern as if they could pass even in France or Central Europe.

But with this background music its also hard to classify them properly.
It sounds like they would be somewhere in Switzerland and not Greece.

It isn't necessarily the lighter types who look Balkan to me, but some of the darker ones who look like people from the western Balkans mountain regions.

Tauromachos
06-15-2018, 03:18 PM
It isn't necessarily the lighter types who look Balkan to me, but some of the darker ones who look like people from the western Balkans mountain regions.

No way

They wouldn't look more typical there than in Italy.

Italy has such types definetly.

I also i made thread where i compared Mainland Greeks"not Maniots though" to Islanders and to Montenegrins"West Balkans" and almost all people
voted that the Mainlanders"even the Thessalians" look overall more similar to the Islanders.

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 03:20 PM
No way

They wouldn't look more typical there than in Italy.

I would say the people in that video look closer to Aegean islands/south Italy than would Macedonians, Epirotes, or Thessalians, they are somewhere in between.

Kivan
06-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Meds with some Alpine influence. Pan Mediterranean look, i think.

Tauromachos
06-15-2018, 03:31 PM
I would say the people in that video look closer to Aegean islands/south Italy than would Macedonians, Epirotes, or Thessalians, they are somewhere in between.
???
I don't understand what you mean

I said i don't think there are realy people in this video that look West Balkan.

And as i said in the past i made a thread where put i video with 2 Mainland Greek groups of which one were Thessalians and a video with Greek Islanders
and one with Montenegrins and most people voted there that the Mainlanders looked more similar to the Islanders than to the Montenegrins.

To which part of my pevious post were you refering actually ?

It was the thread in the link below.

You can see the results for yourself and watch the videos again
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?240141-Greek-Mainlanders-compared-to-Islanders-compared-to-Montengins

Sikeliot
06-15-2018, 03:33 PM
???
I don't understand what you mean

I said i don't think there are realy people in this video that look West Balkan.

And as i said in the past i made a thread where put i video with 2 Mainland Greek groups of which one were Thessalians and a video with Greek Islanders
and one with Montenegrins and most people voted there that the Mainlanders looked more similar to the Islanders than to the Montenegrins.

To which part of my pevious post were you refering actually ?

I am saying Maniots look more like Aegean islanders/south Italians than Thessalians or anyone north of them looks like Aegean islanders/south Italians.

The mistake you made was comparing Thessalians to West Balkans, when the better comparison would have been to Bulgaria or Romania.

Tauromachos
06-15-2018, 03:42 PM
I am saying Maniots look more like Aegean islanders/south Italians than Thessalians or anyone north of them looks like Aegean islanders/south Italians.

Ok i didn't understood your post at the beginning i think i misread it

I
The mistake you made was comparing Thessalians to West Balkans, when the better comparison would have been to Bulgaria or Romania.

Hahaha that was a good one i admit

Don't worry next time i will do

Livin
06-15-2018, 04:17 PM
To me they look hard south Italians!

Odin
06-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Mainly Alpine-Meds and East-Meds. Pass in Southern Europe.