PDA

View Full Version : Classify ex white Brazilian youtuber

Heather Duval
06-17-2018, 06:49 AM
Now shes parda.

In this video she wonders why Americans say she's light-skinned black, she says that in Brazil everyone calls her white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5uDxq7PoVE

Then a girl commented in the video that she is mixed. So she made a new video saying that she found out that she is parda, but did not know because in her birth document says she is white. And she also says she thought pardo mean brown paper/skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s5i2-vkpmk

:lol:

Heather Duval
06-17-2018, 06:50 AM
I always said that in Brazil people think pardo is brown skin. And mongrels white skinned, are seen as white.

Heather Duval
06-17-2018, 03:03 PM
bump

Carlito's Way
06-18-2018, 02:46 AM
i think anyone who has traveled to brazil will know that people like her are often called white instead of what she is which is a parda
only on TA do most brazilians like denying this

Heather Duval
06-18-2018, 02:56 AM
i think anyone who has traveled to brazil will know that people like her are often called white instead of what she is which is a parda
only on TA do most brazilians like denying this
Latinus got a tri racial half sister who thinks to be white

Bobby Martnen
06-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Looks obviously SSA admixed. No one here would see her as white

Heather Duval
06-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Looks obviously SSA admixed. No one here would see her as white

she was asking why americans and her boyfriend(american) thinks shes light skinned black

Black Panther
06-18-2018, 03:46 PM
I was considered White by most people in Brazil. This is no surprise to me. Only TA White/"White" Brazilians think that people will check your skull measurements, nose width, pigmentation level and bone structure to know if you're White or not.

Heather Duval
06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
I was considered White by most people in Brazil. This is no surprise to me. Only TA White/"White" Brazilians think that people will check your skull measurements, nose width, pigmentation level and bone structure to know if you're White or not.

White skin = white
Brown skin = pardo
Black skin = black
In Brazil society

Xacal
06-21-2018, 10:52 AM
70% west african

Catarinense1998
06-21-2018, 11:15 AM
"Ex white" KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Lucas Rodrigues
06-21-2018, 11:15 AM
Not in the whole country, many " pardos " from Bahia would not pass as pardos in many other places of Brazil
White skin = white
Brown skin = pardo
Black skin = black
In Brazil society

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

Lucas Rodrigues
06-21-2018, 11:20 AM
That girl does not show much negroid feature, she looks " whiter " than black.
She is parda

Typical pardos from Maranhão, here they are light-skinned

Catarinense1998
06-21-2018, 11:21 AM
Not in the whole country, many " pardos " from Bahia would not pass as pardos in many other places of Brazil

"Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk" - is it german?

Lucas Rodrigues
06-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Yes, it is, my mobile phone language is in German
"Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk" - is it german?

Catarinense1998
06-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Yes, it is, my mobile phone language is in German

Why your iphone language is german?

Zuh
06-21-2018, 11:24 AM

Funny how you are considered white in Brazil while according to the Brazilians i would be seen as a pardo :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Catarinense1998
06-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Funny how you are considered white in Brazil while according to the Brazilians i would be seen as a pardo :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I strongly doubt about it.You would be seem as a pardo, yes; but this guy never would be seem as white in Brazil.People here only take attencion to the skin color.

Zuh
06-21-2018, 11:29 AM
I strongly doubt about it.You would be seem as a pardo, yes; but this guy never would be seem as white in Brazil.People here only take attencion to the skin color.

Well in Mexico is kinda same some indomestizos with extreme white skinned think they are white.

Token
06-21-2018, 11:29 AM
White skin = white
Brown skin = pardo
Black skin = black
In Brazil society

True, this is also why some fully European olive skinned people are seen as pardo here. Race in Brazil is just skin color, nothing more nothing less.

Token
06-21-2018, 11:31 AM

It depends on the region. Marcus Garvey would be seen as Pardo in the south.

Zuh
06-21-2018, 11:33 AM

I look ambiguous mixed but i lack the SSA on me i think people would easily spot me as a foreign they would probably assumed im Chilean or Paraguayan ,

Token
06-21-2018, 11:36 AM
I look ambiguous mixed but i lack the SSA on me i think people would easily spot me as a foreign they would probably assumed im Chilean or Paraguayan ,
If i remember well, you actually look quite Brazilian. More European than the average Mexican and you probably have some African ancestry.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-21-2018, 11:37 AM
Because I speak German.
Setting the phone language in the targeted language helps in the learning.

Why your iphone language is german?

Lucas Rodrigues
06-21-2018, 11:38 AM
Same as in Maranhão, he cannot pass as white here, just as pardo

Heather Duval
06-21-2018, 12:17 PM
True, this is also why some fully European olive skinned people are seen as pardo here. Race in Brazil is just skin color, nothing more nothing less.

And thats why light brown blacks here are seen as pardos and dark mixed black here are seen as black. Januza looks clearly mixed(her face, nose etc) but isnt brown enough to be seen as parda
https://www.otvfoco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/erika-januza-raquel-juiza-novela-paraido-12.17-1400x800.jpg

Gangrel
06-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Triracial

Heather Duval
06-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Januza is clearly a dark mixed black
http://www.diario24horas.com.br/imgs/artigos/2015/2015-12-15-17-16-cris-vianna-e-erika-januza.jpg
https://www.areavip.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/erika-januza-1.jpg

Black Panther
06-21-2018, 01:02 PM

It's BS. Why do you believe them? Most of them are racist White Brazilians who rarely leave their condos. Look how often they are online here :rolleyes:. If you want to truly know how Brazilians think, you have to ask someone like me. I lived in Brazil and was outside my house almost everyday.

Black Panther
06-21-2018, 01:03 PM

In the South, yes.

Kamal900
06-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Since when she was White? Being White or European is racial, not ethnic or anything. She looks Mulatto.

Heather Duval
06-21-2018, 01:06 PM
Since when she was White? Being White or European is racial, not ethnic or anything. She looks Mulatto.

She was considered white(also her birth document says race white) and self declared white, read the thread. Then, she changed her mind about her ethnicity after some comments on her youtube chanel

Black Panther
06-21-2018, 01:11 PM
She was considered white(also her birth document says race white) and self declared white, read the thread. Then, she changed her mind about her ethnicity after some comments on her youtube chanel

The gringos just can't understand that most of Brazil has a different way of seeing race than they do.

Kamal900
06-21-2018, 01:20 PM
The gringos just can't understand that most of Brazil has a different way of seeing race than they do.

I'm not a gringo though.

akondrel
06-21-2018, 01:34 PM
In Brazil, up to the classification of the IBGE (public body with attributions related to geosciences and social, demographic and economic statistics, which includes censuses and organize the information obtained in these censuses) is essentially based on color, not race or ethnicity.

The race conception of the average Brazilian is phenotype only, and the dominant feature is the color of the skin.

Catarinense1998
06-21-2018, 03:49 PM
In Brazil, up to the classification of the IBGE (public body with attributions related to geosciences and social, demographic and economic statistics, which includes censuses and organize the information obtained in these censuses) is essentially based on color, not race or ethnicity.

The race conception of the average Brazilian is phenotype only, and the dominant feature is the color of the skin.

Exactly.

Black Panther
06-21-2018, 03:50 PM
I'm not a gringo though.

I consider all non-Brazilians to be gringos, from Swedes to Nigerians.

Heather Duval
06-21-2018, 03:50 PM

I will mark "yellow' because thats how I see myself now.

akondrel
06-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Although the term "yellow" is usually used by Asian (mainly Japanese) immigrants and their descendants, the census is based on self-declaration, thus no impediment.

Heather Duval
06-21-2018, 04:35 PM
Although the term "yellow" is usually used by Asian (mainly Japanese) immigrants and their descendants, the census is based on self-declaration, thus no impediment.

I am Asian
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2261ba74bea983e3e214cf929c5c6578/tenor.gif

rrks
06-22-2018, 02:18 AM
what state is she from? She would never be considered white here, this is mindblowing

rrks
06-22-2018, 02:20 AM
has it occurred to you that not all states are the same? In some cases it's like comparing Atlanta to Maine

rrks
06-22-2018, 02:22 AM
"does not show negroid features"
The hair, mouth and nose didn't tip you off?

Chaos One
06-22-2018, 02:42 AM

That's why I put "Yellow" all the time. You know, I can if I want to use somekind of one drop rule.

At same point, I think the whole word "Pardo" makes this insane mess. It should be "mixed".

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 06:18 AM
what state is she from? She would never be considered white here, this is mindblowing

Youre from SP as far I remember. Shes from Rio de janeiro, i watched again her video to notice her accent and in her facebook page says Rio de janeiro

Lucas Rodrigues
06-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Sure, she looks Angolan, she can pass easily in Angola, she would never stand out there.

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Sure, she looks Angolan, she can pass easily in Angola, she would never stand out there.

she says hr parents are white

akondrel
06-22-2018, 05:54 PM
That's why I put "Yellow" all the time. You know, I can if I want to use somekind of one drop rule.

At same point, I think the whole word "Pardo" makes this insane mess. It should be "mixed".

The ranks in current Brazil are in white, black, brown, yellow and indigenous. The brown finishes as residual category to play all who do not want (self-attribution) or can not (hetero-allocation) be classified in the other groups. I suppose it is mainly, to use the terms here of the TA, triracials with predominantly dark skin, although the composition percentage owes several much from one region to another.

And it goes far from DNA tests, which are disregarded as a classification criterion.

akondrel
06-22-2018, 05:58 PM

I agree. Here in the South at least these characteristics would be evident.

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 06:01 PM
I agree. Here in the South at least these characteristics would be evident.

She says in the first video her parents have straight hair and are white like her. And she came out with curly hair, but her parents dont have it.

skain
06-22-2018, 06:02 PM
She says in the first video her parents have straight hair and are white like her.

I think she must be a quadroon. It is impossible for her to be more than 50% ssa. Considering the traits of the parents.

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 06:03 PM
I think she must be a quadroon. It is impossible for her to be more than 50% ssa. Considering the traits of the parents.

É, no primeiro video ela diz que os pais dela tem cabelos lisos mas ela não saiu igual a eles. Ela também diz que eles são brancos e em sua certidão de nascimento consta cor branca.

Smaug
06-22-2018, 06:25 PM
Where is she white?

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 06:27 PM
Where is she white?

It says on her certidão de nascimento and she also claims everyones calls her white in where she lives: Rio de janeiro.

akondrel
06-22-2018, 06:54 PM
É, no primeiro video ela diz que os pais dela tem cabelos lisos mas ela não saiu igual a eles. Ela também diz que eles são brancos e em sua certidão de nascimento consta cor branca.

Se os pais são brancos, isto é, tem fenótipo branco, é natural que ela esteja registrada como branca, principalmente se era um bebê "claro". Não tenho bagagem nem expertise pra bater o martelo sobre classificação racial, apenas digo que algumas características físicas no formato da boca e na forma e provavelmente textura do cabelo, não na cor da pele, chamariam a atenção e poderiam ser vistas como não-brancas para muitas pessoas no Sul do Brasil (não necessariamente apenas para aquelas que participam deste fórum).

Outrossim, seria muito interessante, por pura curiosidade, fazer um teste de DNA dela e dos pais; especulando, é de supor que ambos os pais tenham um percentual de SSA não tão desprezível que acabou se recombinando e se tornando visível nos traços da filha.

A bagagem genética, principalmente do brasileiro, é como diziam do futebol, "uma caixinha de surpresas".

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Se os pais são brancos, isto é, tem fenótipo branco, é natural que ela esteja registrada como branca, principalmente se era um bebê "claro". Não tenho bagagem nem expertise pra bater o martelo sobre classificação racial, apenas digo que algumas características físicas no formato da boca e na forma e provavelmente textura do cabelo, não na cor da pele, chamariam a atenção e poderiam ser vistas como não-brancas para muitas pessoas no Sul do Brasil (não necessariamente apenas para aquelas que participam deste fórum).

Outrossim, seria muito interessante, por pura curiosidade, fazer um teste de DNA dela e dos pais; especulando, é de supor que ambos os pais tenham um percentual de SSA não tão desprezível que acabou se recombinando e se tornando visível nos traços da filha.

A bagagem genética, principalmente do brasileiro, é como diziam do futebol, "uma caixinha de surpresas".

Depois vou olhar o instagram dela pra achar fotos dos pais, talvez os pais dela sejam brancos na percepção dela e da sociedade Carioca

Heather Duval
06-22-2018, 07:25 PM
Provavelmente são os pais dela:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ugHw7WSV4J/?hl=pt-br&taken-by=rhavysheezus

Foto horrível pra avaliar, mas ok

Lucas Rodrigues
06-22-2018, 10:51 PM
Isso é possível, os meus país têm cabelo liso, só que só eu e outras duas irmãs minhas nasceram com cabelo liso, as outras nasceram com o cabelo cacheado e ondulado

Catarinense1998
06-22-2018, 10:53 PM

É possível que pais de cabelos lisos gerem filhos com cabelo arrepiado (eu não sei o termo certo, desculpa)?

Lucas Rodrigues
06-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Os meus avós maternos são negros e praticamente todos as suas filhas nasceram com o cabelo liso, mas isso é por causa da influência indígena
É possível que pais de cabelos lisos gerem filhos com cabelo arrepiado (eu não sei o termo certo, desculpa)?

Catarinense1998
06-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Os meus avós maternos são negros e praticamente todos as suas filhas nasceram com o cabelo liso, mas isso é por causa da influência indígena

A pergunta não foi para ti, mas obrigado.Eu tenho uma pergunta: por que raios tu fala alemão se tu és nordestino?

Smaug
06-22-2018, 11:20 PM
It says on her certidão de nascimento and she also claims everyones calls her white in where she lives: Rio de janeiro.

But she is clearly mixed. Well, I always say that only immigrant-descended people are purely European, not that is matters anyway.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-22-2018, 11:29 PM
Quero ser poliglota, também aprendo russo.
falar idiomas estrangeiros ajuda na carreira profissional, quanto mais, melhor
A pergunta não foi para ti, mas obrigado.Eu tenho uma pergunta: por que raios tu fala alemão se tu és nordestino?

Trilecce
06-22-2018, 11:32 PM

Ooh how nicely my dick would slip between thos fat lips of hers.

akondrel
06-23-2018, 12:31 AM
But she is clearly mixed. Well, I always say that only immigrant-descended people are purely European, not that is matters anyway.

I can not be sure, but I suppose that in the current Brazilian population, even among those considered white, the exclusively European origin is minority and tends to decrease with each generation.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 01:35 AM

KKKKKKKKKKKKK
Como assim não sabe? No caso dela, o cabelo dela é crespo, não chega a ser cacheado ou ondulado.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 01:37 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vAv7J5GTwIw/WXjObVllcTI/AAAAAAAAA1k/sR8GIfRmQOgVCIG0S6JNZJGyMdBuaAHpgCLcBGAs/s1600/tipos%2Bde%2Bcabelos%2B-%2BIInspiradas.png

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 01:38 AM

Vc é Nordestino de qual Estado?

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 01:44 AM
I'm from Maranhão
Vc é Nordestino de qual Estado?

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 01:55 AM
I'm from Maranhão

Uma vez criei um thread sobre vcs, querido https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?241352-Classify-Brazilians-from-the-State-Maranh%E3o

O sotaque de vcs é mt parecido com o nosso Carioca

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:02 AM
Vi esse thread uma vez.
Não acho o nosso sotaque parecido, temos sotaque nortista.
Cariocas, se não me engano, pronunciam _nascer_ como " naiscer ", e chiam em todos os S's. Só chiamos no " s " quando ele vem antes da letra " t " : nosh temos, nordeshte, pashta, a teshta.
No Piauí as pessoas têm o mesmo sotaque daqui
Uma vez criei um thread sobre vcs, querido https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?241352-Classify-Brazilians-from-the-State-Maranh%E3o

O sotaque de vcs é mt parecido com o nosso Carioca

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 02:03 AM
Vi esse thread uma vez.
Não acho o nosso sotaque parecido, temos sotaque nortista.
Cariocas, se não me engano, pronunciam _nascer_ como " naiscer ", e chiam em todos os S's. Só chiamos no " s " quando ele vem antes da letra " t " : nosh temos, nordeshte, pashta, a teshta.
No Piauí as pessoas têm o mesmo sotaque daqui

Nossa, mas pra mim, saber que Alcione é daí foi um choque. Não vejo diferenças em nossos sotaques.

Smaug
06-23-2018, 02:04 AM
I can not be sure, but I suppose that in the current Brazilian population, even among those considered white, the exclusively European origin is minority and tends to decrease with each generation.

I disagree, while what you said must be true for the country as a whole, in São Paulo and the South it is extremely easy to find people of 100% European descent. I'd say about 30% of the Brazilian population is 100% European.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 02:05 AM
I disagree, while what you said must be true for the country as a whole, in São Paulo and the South it is extremely easy to find people of 100% European descent. I'd say about 30% of the Brazilian population is 100% European.

Lol

Smaug
06-23-2018, 02:06 AM
Lol

Not in places like Rio de Janeiro or the Northeast of course.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:11 AM
The number of whites who are 100% euro is small, there are mixed people even in southern Brazil.
I would say that 15% of the Brazilian population can be 100% euro

Latinus
06-23-2018, 02:12 AM

I would say the 5% is the minimum and 10% the maximum.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:14 AM
Nossa, acho bem diferente.
Os cariocas chiam em todos os S's, aquilo é bem perceptível. Há um carioca na minha turma, ele soa bem diferente de nós
Nossa, mas pra mim saber que Alcione é daí foi um choque. Não vejo diferenças em nossos sotaques.

Latinus
06-23-2018, 02:14 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vAv7J5GTwIw/WXjObVllcTI/AAAAAAAAA1k/sR8GIfRmQOgVCIG0S6JNZJGyMdBuaAHpgCLcBGAs/s1600/tipos%2Bde%2Bcabelos%2B-%2BIInspiradas.png

Mine is like this:
http://www.teenidols4you.com/blink/Actors/kayky_brito/TI4U_u1146251010.jpg

Wavy.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 02:18 AM
Mine is like this:
http://www.teenidols4you.com/blink/Actors/kayky_brito/TI4U_u1146251010.jpg

Wavy.

Minha mãe tem o cabelo cacheado, mas hj em dia é ondulado pq ela fez progressiva uma vez e depois que alisa com progressiva não tem mais volta. Preguiça de falar inglês, xoxo.

Latinus
06-23-2018, 02:20 AM
Minha mãe tem o cabelo cacheado, mas hj em dia é ondulado pq ela fez progressiva uma vez e depois que alisa com progressiva não tem mais volta. Preguiça de falar inglês, xoxo.

Eu fico sem lavar o cabelo apenas deixá-lo mais assentado. Essa é uma desvantagem do ondulado: arma quando limpo e quando bate um vento fica todo embaraçado,

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 02:21 AM
Eu fico sem lavar o cabelo apenas deixá-lo mais assentado. Essa é uma desvantagem do ondulado: arma quando limpo e quando bate um vento fica todo embaraçado,

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
As pessoas pensam que o cabelo da minha mãe é naturalmente ondulado, pq parece bastante natural. Depois que o liso saiu, virou um ondulado eterno. E é grande, bate na bunda.

Latinus
06-23-2018, 02:22 AM
E desde quando o sulista médio é expert em fenótipo? O sul é ótimo, mas a locomotiva está no sudeste, construído pelos mediterrâneos.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 02:24 AM
Meu cabelo é crespo, minha mãe tem cabelo cacheado que alisou com progressiva e agora é um eterno ondulado com tom de natural.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Uo2Gh3P8Y
Nossa, mas pra mim, saber que Alcione é daí foi um choque. Não vejo diferenças em nossos sotaques.

akondrel
06-23-2018, 03:06 AM

I agree that there are people fully European ancestry among the whites of Brazil, but I think they are unlikely to be the majority.

And the impression I have is that the miscegenation is increasing, not decreasing, in classes and regions that were previously mainly white.

Smaug
06-23-2018, 05:56 AM

Nossa, acho bem diferente.
Os cariocas chiam em todos os S's, aquilo é bem perceptível. Há um carioca na minha turma, ele soa bem diferente de nós

These numbers are too small, Brazil is the third or fourth country that received more immigrants from Europe and they settled en masse in South Brazil and São Paulo and were very endogamic, specially some groups like Italians who came mostly married and with children and who preferred always to stick to people from the same region as them. My father for example is 100% North Italian.

Catarinense1998
06-23-2018, 10:47 AM

Minha vó materna tem uma irmã com cabelos cacheados (igual ao da moça do meio da terceira fileira).

Catarinense1998
06-23-2018, 10:50 AM

Agree.It is a very stall group.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Many immigrants who came to Brazil married people who looked white but were mixed, so their offsprings are not 100% euro.
And there were even immigrants who married pardos/blacks, a guy from Rio Grande do Sul posted once a picture of the class of his niece in a whatsapp group to " show " that there are whites in Brazil, but there were some pardos in that picture.
This numbers are too small, Brazil is the third or fourth country that received more immigrants from Europe and they settled en masse in South Brazil and São Paulo and were very endogamic, specially some groups like Italians who came mostly married and with children and who preferred always to stick to people from the same region as them. My father for example is 100% North Italian.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 01:42 PM
Many immigrants who came to Brazil married people who looked white but were mixed, so their offsprings are not 100% euro.
And there were even immigrants who married pardos/blacks, a guy from Rio Grande do Sul posted a picture of girls niece in a WhatsApp group to " show " that there are whites in but, but there were some pardos in that picture.

whats your ethnicity background?

akondrel
06-23-2018, 01:50 PM
And there were even immigrants who married pardos/blacks, a guy from Rio Grande do Sul posted a picture of girls niece in a WhatsApp group to " show " that there are whites in but, but there were some pardos in that picture.

And the process continues. Not only did the arrival of European immigrants in any significant amount stop for a long time, as the reproduction of their descendants declined (couples with eight, ten, twelve children were common), probably sooner or faster than other segments of the population.

Smaug
06-23-2018, 01:58 PM

Some of them, yes, but most of the immigrant groups were highly endogamic, such as Italalians, Germans and Japanese. The Portuguese and the Spanish were more prone to mixing, though. I suggest you to read Padrões de nupcialidade na economia cafeeira de São Paulo by Oswaldo Mário Serra Truzzi, which shows how high endogamic levels were.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:01 PM
White+black+Amerindian=me
whats your ethnicity background?

akondrel
06-23-2018, 02:05 PM
This numbers are too small, Brazil is the third or fourth country that received more immigrants from Europe and they settled en masse in South Brazil and São Paulo and were very endogamic, specially some groups like Italians who came mostly married and with children and who preferred always to stick to people from the same region as them. My father for example is 100% North Italian.

Here in Rio Grande do Sul, the endogamic pattern still remains, but only in small towns and rural areas, and is increasingly permeable. The unions of direct descendants of European immigrants and white colonial Brazilians have been around for a long time, and increasingly, even though they are exceptions, we see unions from whites to nonwhites.

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Most whites are not 100% euro, but that does not matter, if people look white, they will be treated and seen as such.
I do not know if you are talking about phenotype which I agree, there are many people in Brazil who look white.
And most immigrants who did not mixed with other Brazilians lived/live in small cities, like Pomerode, there most people, something like 96% of its inhabitants, are 100% euro, whereas in bigger cities you can find a lot of people who look white but are mixed.
Some of them, yes, but most of the immigrant groups were highly endogamic, such as Italalians, Germans and Japanese. The Portuguese and the Spanish were more prone to mixing, though. I suggest you to read Padrões de nupcialidade na economia cafeeira de São Paulo by Oswaldo Mário Serra Truzzi, which shows how high endogamic levels were.

akondrel
06-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Most whites are not 100% euro, but that does not matter, if people look white, they will be treated and seen as such.
I do not know if you are talking about phenotype which I agree, there are many people in Brazil who look white.
And most immigrants who did not mixed with other Brazilians lived/live in small cities, like Pomerode, there most people, something like 96% of its inhabitants, are 100% euro, whereas in bigger cities you can find a lot of people who look white but are mixed.

This is a conceptual question. I notice that many people in the TA consider that a person being white and mixed at the same time is contradictory; is not my case, I am adopting a perspective that there is a large white population in Brazil, except that the majority is probably not genomically 100% European. That is, I do not link whiteness with "purity" or exclusively European ancestry.

Heather Duval
06-23-2018, 02:43 PM
This is a conceptual question. I notice that many people in the TA consider that a person being white and mixed at the same time is contradictory; is not my case, I am adopting a perspective that there is a large white population in Brazil, except that the majority is probably not genomically 100% European. That is, I do not link whiteness with "purity" or exclusively European ancestry.

vc eh descendente deq? nesse colonial ai, vc sabe?

Lucas Rodrigues
06-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Sure, I agree that there is a large population of whites in Brazil, I was reading once a thread about the composition of the Brazilian population, according to the graphics that I saw my states (Maranhão) is the less European state of Brazilian, regarding genetics of course, nevertheless I see sometimes people who look white lol.
I have already seen three red-haired guys and some blond girls, they all are mixed obviously. There was a blond green-eyed blond girl in my class, this girls had two kids with a pardo guy and both kids came out with white skin and blond hair, there are more blond kids this days in my city than 10 years ago. Anyway, whites are a big minority here.

Smaug
06-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Here in Rio Grande do Sul, the endogamic pattern still remains, but only in small towns and rural areas, and is increasingly permeable. The unions of direct descendants of European immigrants and white colonial Brazilians have been around for a long time, and increasingly, even though they are exceptions, we see unions from whites to nonwhites.

Well, São Paulo received much more immigrants than Rio Grande do Sul, so I think it is easier to pure people who are 100% European here. When it was not possible for immigrants to marry someone from the same group, they would usually marry another immigrant, and the same applied to their children and grandchildren.

This is a myth, in São Paulo it is very easy to find mostly-white towns with many people of pure 100% European descent. My parents and many of my parents fit this. Brazil is not as mixed as people like to belive, even non-whites here are predominantly European.