PDA

View Full Version : Why do people more often consider that they are right or good, not the other people?

Eugene Finkelstein
06-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Why do people more oftenly consider that:
- they are right and/or good, not the other people;
- their family, not the other ones;
- their society, culture, and country, not the different society, the dissimilar culture, or the foreign country?

Tell me, why. Oh, tell me, why.

Moje ime
06-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Because they are stupid

Eugene Finkelstein
06-19-2018, 12:23 PM
That's an obvious fact.
But I'm interested in some discussion here...

Vigilance
06-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Because that makes us feel certain so that we may feel secure and able to function in this world?

calxpal
06-19-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd say part of the reason is that some people may feel an life long attachment to their family, beliefs, culture, society, people, and others that they can't bare to let any of it go at all to acknowledge other people which in my opinion is no good. I think a superiority complex is also a reason why sometimes.

Harley
04-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Most, if not all, people are the centers of their own universe, so it would make more sense to often believe one is right than to think otherwise.

I try to measure who is right VS wrong compared to my belief system.

KuriousKatKommittee
05-16-2019, 03:30 AM
Tell me, why. Oh, tell me, Why do birds sing so gay And lovers await the break of day Why do they fall in love Why does the rain fall from up above Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

Welcome to humanity (>Archea>Protozoa> Metazoa> Therapsida> Mammalia> Primatomorpha> Simiiformes> Hominidae> Homininae> Hominini>[homophobic slur removed by TA janitor]), dawg.

Enjoy your stay.

Colonel Frank Grimes
05-16-2019, 04:09 AM
An inability to be objective.