PDA

View Full Version : whats group do the arameans and chladeans belong ?

dark-mysterio
06-24-2018, 03:59 PM
hello

in "internet" (mostly youtube commentary and internet website which i don't remember)

i have see comment or theory that chaldeans are descendant of ancient mestoptamian but i have also see some ("assyrianist" ???) pretending than they are just iraqi assyrian. i have also see some of these "assyrianist" pretending than the
arameans are just syrian assyrian and not there own ethnic/cultural people.

are chaldeans iraqi "assyrians" or genetically and historically related tho ancient Mesopotamian ? and are the armaeans are they own ("ethnicity ?") or they are just "syrian assyrian".

thank you please for you response and sorry for my english

dark-mysterio
06-24-2018, 06:15 PM
up thread

dark-mysterio
06-24-2018, 08:34 PM
up thread

dark-mysterio
06-25-2018, 02:42 PM
up thread ???

Nazarene
06-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Both Arameans (Syriac Orthodox of Tur Abdin) and Chaldeans (Syriac Christian people of the rural Nineveh plains) are ethncially very similar to Assyrians. The attribution of identity to different ancient peoples, is due to the fact of denominational differences and not because they are unrelated. This also led to variations of NENA (a neo-aramaic) being grossly overly generalized to suit denominational differences. In fact there are people of different denominations who speak the same dialect based mainly on geographic location and not because of their religious identity.

Syriac Christians are one of the indigneous groups of the regions and are probably closer to the ancient mesopotamians than anyone else in the area. However, they are not purely semitic and have a large amount of caucasian admixture.

dark-mysterio
06-26-2018, 07:48 PM
thanks you for you response

Haider
06-26-2018, 07:55 PM
Chaldeans are just Assyrians, from Mesopotamia. Arameans are native Levantines who still speak Western Neo-Aramaic (the language of Jesus) and they live in a few Syrian villages like Maaloula and Jubbadin, they are both Muslims and Christians.

StonyArabia
06-27-2018, 12:27 AM
Arameans are native Levantines.

Chaldeans are Catholic Assyrians and genetically they are Mesopotamian

Antimatter
02-03-2019, 08:27 AM
They are Semites. Ancestors of Assyrians and Chaldeans (i.e Akkadians) migrated to Mesopotamia from the Levant/Greater Syria around 3000 B.C. Then the Amorites (likely related to the Arameans, inhabited the area western Syria and Eastern Lebanon) settled in Babylon (around 1900 B.C) after it was a relatively small city compared to Assur for example. Then later came tribes called "Chaldeans" (not the modern-day Chaldeans, the latter are Assyrian catholics) from the Levant as well around 1000 B.C.

Now obviously the native Mesopotamians i.e Sumerians contributed largely to the Assyrians as well, Sumerians were likely natives, probably came from the North of Iraq/southern Turkey as they were obviously excellent agriculturalists.

Tauromachos
02-03-2019, 08:31 AM
Semitic people

Their genetics should be similar to neighbouring West Asian groups both
Semitic and Non Semitic.