PDA

View Full Version : Original Magyar Look

aherne
06-30-2018, 05:27 AM
Browsed humanphenotypes site and accidentally found a phenotype called "Scando-Lappid":

http://humanphenotypes.net/ScandoLappid.html

Anyone who went to Szekeler region in central Romania can confirm it actually looks incredibly Hungarian. It never occurs in Romanians or any of neighboring peoples except those speaking languages from same Uralic family, so must have been introduced by ancient Magyars, along with some Aryan and Turanid.

NSXD60
06-30-2018, 05:28 AM
No picture

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 06:02 AM
That link doesn't have anything to do with Hungarians in it?

Coming from human phenotypes website, this is what they say about us:

https://i.imgur.com/tJWg6lh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/741oxL3.png
https://i.imgur.com/jQGF11m.png

Here is another representation by a known scholar:

https://i.imgur.com/8Isl0R5.gif

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 06:20 AM
That link doesn't have anything to do with Hungarians in it?

Coming from human phenotypes website, this is what they say about us:

https://i.imgur.com/tJWg6lh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/741oxL3.png
https://i.imgur.com/jQGF11m.png

Here is another representation by a known scholar:

https://i.imgur.com/8Isl0R5.gif

To be honest from the 2 sets of pics the Lappoid guy in the OP pic looks closer to Hungarians than these Turanid/Alfold ones, although I say looks closer Im not saying its overly typical look in Hungary.
The Turanid/Alfold pics above remind me of Azerbaijani's, I dont think Hungarians in general look like Azeri's.
From the Turanid pics, the Uralid to me looks the most szimpatikus for Hungary.
Possibly Pamirid head shape too but less asiatic or near east vibe among Hungarians.
The Alfold head shape possibly too but the look of the guy at least his eyes are too near Azeri looking for most Hungarians.

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 06:27 AM
To be honest from the 2 sets of pics the Lappoid guy in the OP pic looks closer to Hungarians than these Turanid/Alfold ones, although I say looks closer Im not saying its overly typical look in Hungary.
The Turanid/Alfold pics above remind me of Azerbaijani's, I dont think Hungarians in general look like Azeri's.

He looks too Baltic to be Magyar. The Alföld look is the most common outside of Budapest in the country. Blond is not common either. I don't think that these are Azeri looks. I myself am an Alföld with quite a West Turanid profile.

I also don't fit the physical traits description of the OP man. Most Hungarians do not.

Jana
06-30-2018, 07:06 AM
Browsed humanphenotypes site and accidentally found a phenotype called "Scando-Lappid":

Anyone who went to Szekeler region in central Romania can confirm it actually looks incredibly Hungarian. It never occurs in Romanians or any of neighboring peoples except those speaking languages from same Uralic family, so must have been introduced by ancient Magyars, along with some Aryan and Turanid.

I was in Szeklerland and I am going again in two weeks, and I can confirm they look nothing but Hungarian there. :)

Jana
06-30-2018, 07:09 AM
He looks too Baltic to be Magyar. The Alföld look is the most common outside of Budapest in the country. Blond is not common either. I don't think that these are Azeri looks. I myself am an Alföld with quite a West Turanid profile.

I also don't fit the physical traits description of the OP man. Most Hungarians do not.

I never visited Great plain, but I spend lot of time in Veszprém county (Stears is from there) and surrounding. Blonds are very common, overall visibly lighter than part of Croatia where I am from.
There was German settlement around Lake Balaton and it can be seen in people's look.

In Budapest population is much darker on average but it's very mixed place.

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 07:15 AM
I never visited Great plain, but I spend lot of time in Veszprém county (Stears is from there) and surrounding. Blonds are very common, overall visibly lighter than part of Croatia where I am from.
There was German settlement around Lake Balaton and it can be seen in people's look.

Stearsolina from the above pics posted including Lappoid and all the Turan race pics , which ones doyou feel fit the most in Hungary and how common would you say they are ?

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 07:17 AM
I was in Szeklerland and I am going again in two weeks, and I can confirm they look nothing but Hungarian there. :)

Are you saying that the Lapp look in the OP is representative of Magyars? As I too say that the Szeklerland population looks like us, but nothing like the OP...

Have you only spent most time in Budapest then? If you are more familiar with the Veszprém population, then what % do you assume to be blond? Because if you are tying it to the Germanic input, then it would not be a representative of the Hungarian population at large. You are correct as well that Budapest would have the most recent mixes, but I think this would be the case in nearly every capitol city on earth.

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 07:20 AM

Most Hungarians look European , the majority of the Turanid race pics do not look overly European.
He may have some Baltic aspect but his look is closer to European than many of the Turanid race pics and Hungarians have more European look. I asked someone about the vibe they got from those pics and they didnt say Azeri but they said sometype of Near East vibe like even Kurdish , such looks not overly common in Hungary.

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 07:26 AM
Most Hungarians look European , the majority of the Turanid race pics do not look overly European.
He may have some Baltic aspect but his look is closer to European than many of the Turanid race pics and Hungarians have more European look. I asked someone about the vibe they got from those pics and they didnt say Azeri but they said sometype of Near East vibe like even Kurdish , such looks not overly common in Hungary.

Many Turkic people look European. There are many Turkic people in Europe who could look "European" to someone western. the Turanid race pictures are not supposed to represent only European Turkics. It is a spectrum, ranging from the slightly darker toned West Asian populations, to the more East Asian influenced looking populations, to the Europeans. Hence why the Alföld type specifically addresses the Hungarian Great Plain.

Jana
06-30-2018, 07:28 AM
Stearsolina from the above pics posted including Lappoid and all the Turan race pics , which ones doyou feel fit the most in Hungary and how common would you say they are ?

I see both. But in Transdanubia your look would be common, or of Sekkmer. :) Stears is not light for Transdanubia, he is average pigmented there, lot of people are lighter than him.

I have seen few Turanids, but it was rare. If had to chose, I would say it's actually pamirid that is somewhat common in Hungary and not present in neighbouring countries.

Stears mother has lappish features, she could fit phenotype in OP, but his father has pamirid influence. I saw some old pics form his family, maternal grandfather did look Turanid influenced. But on average I didn't see it that much.

In Transdanubia more commom Borreby and alpind types, nordid not rare at all too, than any exotic phenotypes.

Jana
06-30-2018, 07:33 AM
Are you saying that the Lapp look in the OP is representative of Magyars? As I too say that the Szeklerland population looks like us, but nothing like the OP...
No, not really. But East Baltic/Uralic influence definitelly exist.

Have you only spent most time in Budapest then? If you are more familiar with the Veszprém population, then what % do you assume to be blond? Because if you are tying it to the Germanic input, then it would not be a representative of the Hungarian population at large. You are correct as well that Budapest would have the most recent mixes, but I think this would be the case in nearly every capitol city on earth.
In Veszprém around 30% of adults looks to be in blond range. I don't think it is less representative than other regions of Hungary because all of them received non Hungarian input.

Town where Stears is from isn't very German, but almost pure Hungarian place. Germans were mostly in villages around.

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 07:36 AM
I see both. But in Transdanubia your look would be common, or of Sekkmer. :) Stears is not light for Transdanubia, he is average pigmented there, lot of people are lighter than him.

I have seen few Turanids, but it was rare. If had to chose, I would say it's actually pamirid that is somewhat common in Hungary and not present in neighbouring countries.

Stears mother has lappish features, she could fit phenotype in OP, but his father has pamirid influence. I saw some old pics form his family, maternal grandfather did look Turanid influenced. But on average I didn't see it that much.

In Transdanubia more commom Borreby and alpind types, nordid not rare at all too, than any exotic phenotypes.

Thanks Stearsolina,

Magyar_lany if you are here can we also have your oppinion ?
From the pics posted in this thread which ones do you feel fit the most in Hungary and how common do you think they are ?

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 07:36 AM

Not even the "dark" Hungarians are exactly "dark".

How about the inquiries from the first page? Alföld type? I assume you mean that the "Turanid" type rarity, you are talking about the "West Turanid" phenotype.

Edit: you responded in a separate post before I finished this one. Thanks for your input; I'll follow up.

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 07:40 AM
No, not really. But East Baltic/Uralic influence definitelly exist.

In Veszprém around 30% of adults looks to be in blond range. I don't think it is less representative than other regions of Hungary because all of them received non Hungarian input.

Town where Stears is from isn't very German, but almost pure Hungarian place. Germans were mostly in villages around.

30% is certainly far from a majority. Obviously not a rarity, but not a majority. When it comes to Germans in a contemporary sense, I wonder how many will come to Hungary in the coming years due to political events.

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 07:44 AM

I agree , I have seen quite a few Hungarians with the Pamirid head shape.
I see some Hungarians with Turanic aspects but the true Turanid look like the ones to the extent in those pics I dont feel are overly common in Hungary.

Jana
06-30-2018, 07:45 AM
30% is certainly far from a majority. Obviously not a rarity, but not a majority. When it comes to Germans in a contemporary sense, I wonder how many will come to Hungary in the coming years due to political events.

Well, Transdanubia is no Scandinavia.

:)

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 07:48 AM
Many Turkic people look European. There are many Turkic people in Europe who could look "European" to someone western. the Turanid race pictures are not supposed to represent only European Turkics. It is a spectrum, ranging from the slightly darker toned West Asian populations, to the more East Asian influenced looking populations, to the Europeans. Hence why the Alföld type specifically addresses the Hungarian Great Plain.

Yes, but somehow there is a certain vibe between someone who has a look that is more eastern shifted compared with person who has more european shifted look. Its true some people from many places outside Europe can have European look , seen this in some Turks fron Turkey, certain Afghans, even some lighter Armenians/Iranians and people from Caucasus.
But in general many people from the east dont have a European or overly European vibe in their look. I find many of the looks in those Turanid race pics not overly European looking and most Hungarians lighter or darker have a European vibe look, Im only saying it because it is so.

IncelSlayer
06-30-2018, 07:49 AM
I was last summer out to Brasov through Targul Secuiesc woods and i stopped to buy something from szekelers, to my surprise the girl who i bought from had dark hair, light olive skin and with noticeable moon shapped asian eyes.

Jana
06-30-2018, 07:51 AM
I was last summer out to Brasov through Targul Secuiesc woods and i stopped to buy something from szekelers, to my surprise the girl who i bought from had dark hair, light olive skin and with moon shapped asian eyes.

I was there too :P

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 07:59 AM
Yes, but somehow there is a certain vibe between someone who has a look that is more eastern shifted compared with person who has more european shifted look. Its true some people from many places outside Europe can have European look , seen this in some Turks fron Turkey, certain Afghans, even some lighter Armenians/Iranians and people from Caucasus.
But in general many people from the east dont have a European or overly European vibe in their look. I find many of the looks in those Turanid race pics not overly European looking and most Hungarians lighter or darker have a European vibe look, Im only saying it because it is so.

We are operating in a world of extremes in this context. "European" is layman for Western European (French, Nordic, etc.) and "Eastern / Asian" becomes layman for East Asians (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.) and this is not a good thing, because there is a whole word and culture in between. That is the location and origin of us.

I was last summer out to Brasov through Targul Secuiesc woods and i stopped to buy something from szekelers, to my surprise the girl who i bought from had dark hair, light olive skin and with noticeable moon shapped asian eyes.

Sounds like my mother's side of the family.

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 08:30 AM
Turul Karom;5243683]
We are operating in a world of extremes in this context. "European" is layman for Western European (French, Nordic, etc.) and "Eastern / Asian" becomes layman for East Asians (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.) and this is not a good thing, because there is a whole word and culture in between. That is the location and origin of us.

I think in the context of all Europe, not just west or north.
There are many phenotypes through Eastern European countries that have some Eastern influence but still fit within European vibe.
Overly Asiatic or Near Eastern look tends to fall out of this vibe.

Turul Karom
06-30-2018, 09:02 AM
I think in the context of all Europe, not just west or north.
There are many phenotypes through Eastern European countries that have some Eastern influence but still fit within European vibe.
Overly Asiatic or Near Eastern look tends to fall out of this vibe.

The Gagauz people are an prime example of a Turkic group in Europe (one of many) that are Turkic yet look "European". The male even has light hair. I would think all of these people could pass in Hungary. It was not long ago that European women covered their heads as well.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Gagauz-children.jpg

magyar_lány
06-30-2018, 07:24 PM

Some Szekler is quite Asian-looking, but these phenotype looks Mongol, we have more European face. Of course there are exceptions. :)

Blinddignity
06-30-2018, 08:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H7fgATc.png

https://i.imgur.com/7BdBCQV.png

magyar_lány
06-30-2018, 09:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H7fgATc.png

https://i.imgur.com/7BdBCQV.png

Do you have to troll here? I saw more Hungarians than you, trust me.

Blinddignity
06-30-2018, 09:39 PM
Do you have to troll here? I saw more Hungarians than you, trust me.

I'm not trolling, just posting some picture of Hungarians I saw in a documentary that have strong Asiatic or "Turanid" features.

oszkar07
07-01-2018, 02:15 AM
I'm not trolling, just posting some picture of Hungarians I saw in a documentary that have strong Asiatic or "Turanid" features.

In a sense you are trolling, because your post has some inferred implication that Hungarians as a majority look like the couple of people you cherry pic to post.
Every nation has a few native people that have a certain look.
By majority I would say Hungarians dont have the specific look you are inferring in your post, yes there are some Hungarians with Turanid look, personally I dont think its exclusive to Hungary , I have seen individuals from a few differen countries in East Europe who could be classified as having Turanian look, there was a pic of a Serbian teenager a few months ago he almost looked part Japanese.
Anyway its like this if someone is a Nordicist they can find some pics of very blonde blue eyed Hungarian's and then tell you see this is how Hungarians look, or if someone is a Turanist they can find some cherry picked eastern looking Hungarians and say this is how Hungarians look. The truth is by majority Hungarians are neither very Nordic or Turanic looking.

Blinddignity
07-01-2018, 08:24 AM
In a sense you are trolling, because your post has some inferred implication that Hungarians as a majority look like the couple of people you cherry pic to post.
Every nation has a few native people that have a certain look.
By majority I would say Hungarians dont have the specific look you are inferring in your post, yes there are some Hungarians with Turanid look, personally I dont think its exclusive to Hungary , I have seen individuals from a few differen countries in East Europe who could be classified as having Turanian look, there was a pic of a Serbian teenager a few months ago he almost looked part Japanese.
Anyway its like this if someone is a Nordicist they can find some pics of very blonde blue eyed Hungarian's and then tell you see this is how Hungarians look, or if someone is a Turanist they can find some cherry picked eastern looking Hungarians and say this is how Hungarians look. The truth is by majority Hungarians are neither very Nordic or Turanic looking.

You're the one inferring that, not me. All I literally did was post two pictures. I didn't caption the images and say "Majority of Magyars look like this". Don't overthink so much. Even I don't believe the majority of Hungarians look like the people I posted earlier; I just found their look interesting, that's it.

Lehel
07-01-2018, 09:56 PM
...?
Never seen anyone with this phenotype. Even turanid is uncommon(outside of the great plains)
Dinarid and Alpinid, (N)Pontid and (Sub)Nordid is the most common here. Stop making stuff up, you don't even live here.

Genovese
07-11-2018, 08:06 AM
i find some Hungarian a little bit uralid but not taurid, taurid is more common in turkish

aherne
07-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Turanid in Hungarians is RARE, much more so than Uralid. Uralid, as an influence, is common especially in lands where Old Magyars mixed less with native inhabitants due to religious differences (Slavo-Romanians being Orthodox, Hungarians being Catholic). That's why in Transylvania, especially Szekeler regions, person like OP guy are frequent and characteristic even though the majority looks identical to Romanians nearby. Look wise, Szekelers appear on average to be something like 25% Magyar and 75% Romanian, whereas those I saw in Hungary have mixed so much with Slovaks, Germans and Croats they barely have any visible Magyar influence (at least based on pictures posted here).

One more thing, based on phenotype of modern Magyars looking Magyar, it's safe to say they must have been blonder than native inhabitants, at least those in Transylvania.