PDA

View Full Version : Iraq, 15 years on: A toxic US legacy

Teutone
06-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Fallout from the US assault continues to deform and kill Iraqis long after the conflict has seemingly ended

Fifteen years ago this month, the United States spearheaded a fantastically bloody war on Iraq as part of its ongoing effort to ensure the Iraqi nation's perpetual misery.

Straight-up carnage aside, there were some other more trivial yet still "spectacularly unsavoury" results of the invasion, as veteran journalist Patrick Cockburn recalls: "Soon after US occupation officials took over Saddam Hussein’s palace complex in central Baghdad as their headquarters ... the lavatories in the palaces all became blocked and began to overflow. Mobile toilets were rapidly shipped into the country and installed in the palace gardens."

Increasing rates of cancer and birth defects
As it turned out, the Americans had failed to read up on bathroom traditions in the Middle East, or to realise that in many parts of the world, defecation is not accompanied by massive quantities of toilet paper.

While such visuals were no doubt also metaphorically relevant, given the excrement that passes for US policy in the region, the fallout of the war on Iraq has been toxic in far more extraordinarily pernicious ways.

Consider, for instance, Cockburn’s 2010 article for The Independent, headlined "Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah 'worse than Hiroshima'". In it, he outlined the results of a study by British scientist Chris Busby and colleagues Malak Hamdan and Entesar Ariabi on the increase in reports of cancer, birth defects, infant mortality and other forms of suffering in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, the focus of a particularly vicious US assault....

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/iraq-15-years-toxic-us-legacy-1536228276

Teutone
06-30-2018, 12:04 PM
First they overthrow an souverign government and excuse it with a lie about weapons of mass destruction but then they even used chemical and nuclear ammunition to long term harm the iraqi citizens in a horrible way.

It reminds of Vietnam and Japan who still suffer under the long term effects of American-Jewish imperialism

Papastratosels26
06-30-2018, 12:14 PM
So sad....

Kamal900
06-30-2018, 12:25 PM
First they overthrow an souverign government and excuse it with a lie about weapons of mass destruction but then they even used chemical and nuclear ammunition to long term harm the iraqi citizens in a horrible way.

It reminds of Vietnam and Japan who still suffer under the long term effects of American-Jewish imperialism

You can thank the Jews for that. Now, they want the US to get to war against Iran next.

oszkar07
06-30-2018, 12:58 PM

Reminds me of Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers.

Teutone
06-30-2018, 12:59 PM
You can thank the Jews for that. Now, they want the US to get to war against Iran next.

Ask the american members here and american in general, they are so pro jewish and impossible to convince when presented with facts, its scary.

Kamal900
06-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Ask the american members here and american in general, they are so pro jewish and impossible to convince when presented with facts, its scary.

Decades of media brainwashing, man. This is exactly what Hitler tried to warn the world about.

Tauromachos
06-30-2018, 01:08 PM
Everywhere they went they caused chaos,suffering and long lasting damage

StonyArabia
06-30-2018, 04:54 PM
Yes thanks to America and it's allies Iraq was destroyed, however we have had lots of traitors in our midsts especially in the North and South of the country, it was only from the Western regions that truly resisted the Americans and their allies, and inflicted heavy causalities. Thus one should not only blame America and it's allies, but the traitors who created help this mess. The retards, where is your democracy, fleeing like rats to Europe lol. I swear most of them are none of my region which was hit the hardest but rather from the North a lot of them, and their not Arab speakers, and some are from the center-south who are Arab speakers but were manipulated by Iran and the black propaganda that the West did. Anyways I am proud of my people in the Western regions resisting and continue to resist and have never bowed to any imperialist colonist power. The traitors like Ahmed Chalabi is as much responsible for this mayhem as the Americans and their allies. However I do support genuine refugees, and especially those from the Western regions, and yet most of them go to the Gulf or America.

Nothing worse than a traitor scum

1R0N M4N XL
07-02-2018, 05:45 PM

iraq war was a mistake and will never happen again..

Mingle
07-02-2018, 05:51 PM

It was an obvious mistake but it sort of did happen again (i.e. overthrowing of Gaddafi) and Democrats are trying to repeat what they did in Iraq in Syria (i.e. overthrowing Asad).

Livin
07-02-2018, 05:52 PM

The same you said about Vietnam,Yugoslav and goes on....

1R0N M4N XL
07-02-2018, 07:12 PM
It was an obvious mistake but it sort of did happen again (i.e. overthrowing of Gaddafi) and Democrats are trying to repeat what they did in Iraq in Syria (i.e. overthrowing Asad).

libya is CIA operation & nato.. the next iraq is mostly likely iran, meaning a actual invasion like in iraq.. ( thats if iran continues creating nuclear bomb).. hopefully it doesnt happen..

( i'm just explaining the politics in the washington).. dont take it personality & attack me . i have no control over this..

i actually like the iranians i met talked to..
i like you too... i would probably hang out with you in real life..

thats why donald trump is in office.. hopefully no more iraq..

1R0N M4N XL
07-02-2018, 07:47 PM
@mingle ur PVT msg... you wasnt attacking me...

you have iranian flag... so i was expecting you to get mad, if another country is planning to invade iran.. ( its natural)

Mingle
07-02-2018, 07:51 PM
@mingle ur PVT msg... you wasnt attacking me...

you have iranian flag... so i was expecting you to get mad, if another country is planning to invade iran.. ( its natural)

Okay, I'm Pashtun not Iranian though. Iranic is different to Iranian. I don't either support nukes in Iran (or any country for that matter). But I don't think Iran is in risk of getting invaded. I was just talking about how there are some Democrat politicians who still haven't learnt from Iraq due to their continued desire to invade foreign countries (e.g. Syria, Lybia).

1R0N M4N XL
07-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Okay, I'm Pashtun not Iranian though. Iranic is different to Iranian. I don't either support nukes in Iran (or any country for that matter). But I don't think Iran is in risk of getting invaded. I was just talking about how there are some Democrat politicians who still haven't learnt from Iraq due to their continued desire to invade foreign countries (e.g. Syria, Lybia).

okay cool.... :)

actually it was republican policy that invaded iraq ( george bush is republican)

democrats ( barrack obama) was the ones responsible for libya..

Larali
07-02-2018, 08:05 PM

Hopefully, it won't happen again.

The idiots running the country right now seem to be more apt to make a huge mistake like this, in the name of patriotism, than others who might have been elected.

1R0N M4N XL
07-02-2018, 08:34 PM

The idiots running the country right now seem to be more apt to make a huge mistake like this, in the name of patriotism, than others who might have been elected.

that's why Trump has been elected :)

Yes it wont happen because congress or citizens will step in , if there is another iraq war being sold.

Larali
07-02-2018, 08:43 PM
that's why Trump has been elected :)

Yes it wont happen because congress or citizens will step in , if there is another iraq war being sold.

I hope you're right, but he doesn't seem to show a lot of finesse when it comes to international relations, and all his appointed officials are war-mongers.

Dandelion
07-02-2018, 08:48 PM

Not sure about that with Hillary. She seems more of the warmonger between Trump and her.

Livin
07-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Trump looks Jesus comparing to Obama and Killary.

I have to admit that he is probably the only normal president that Murica had.

Gründig
07-02-2018, 09:00 PM

I have to agree with you on this. It's absolutely disgusting that the US is such good allies with Israel. People are so blinded by the jews and their victim playing, manipulating and swindling bullshit. It's a disgrace. Bringing this to light automatically labels you as "anti-semitic, racist etc" and even possibly ruins your livelihood (such as your carreer).

It's even crazier that where you live you can literally go to jail for a THOUGHT CRIME. How insane.

Dragoon
07-02-2018, 09:06 PM

USA hasnt been in a righteous war since WW2. And they will never gain friends until those 700-1000 bases arent packing home.
They killed probably something approaching Stalin, since ww2 ended.

Dragoon
07-02-2018, 09:11 PM
I have to agree with you on this. It's absolutely disgusting that the US is such good allies with Israel. People are so blinded by the jews and their victim playing, manipulating and swindling bullshit. It's a disgrace. Bringing this to light automatically labels you as "anti-semitic, racist etc" and even possibly ruins your livelihood (such as your carreer).

It's even crazier that where you live you can literally go to jail for a THOUGHT CRIME. How insane.

A rabbi once said that Northern America has been judazied completely.

Protestants themselves, with their 1000 year kingdom on earth (Jewish idea), pro Israel, philosemitic attitudes prefer Jews to Catholics or Orthodox.
Calvin accepted usury. The dispensationalists who think Russia will attack Israel and Israel will win (lol) lunatics (gog and magog misinterpretation).
The mainline churches were accepting restorationism since 1850s at least.
The Evangelicals worship Israel.

But then the Catholic Church itself basically allied or made a nonaggression pact with Zios/Neocons (its hard for most to understand, but after 1960s things changed).
If you know what happens in Poland, WW2, Jews and Catholics, its disgusting.

Orthodox Churches are split, and no leader really goes against the "chosen".

Esssentially Christianity has lost an arm and a leg.

You either choose between Globalism and Muslims
or Jews and Zionists as allies.
I chose none of them.

Dragoon
07-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Trump looks Jesus comparing to Obama and Killary.

I have to admit that he is probably the only normal president that Murica had.

Give him maybe a 5/10 if he gets some things done. Which is better than most presidents.
But hes still too connected to Chabad.

Livin
07-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Give him maybe a 5/10 if he gets some things done. Which is better than most presidents.
But hes still too connected to Chabad.

I have 2 opinions about Trump!

The one has to do that Trump is a serious right-wing populist politician and he really wants to to stop liberalism and the globalist shit.But the jewish lobby dosnt allow him!
He talked about a big wall in mexican borders...where is it?

The second!He is joking around and Jews(like his daughters husband) have him for a little puppy.

His biggest crime until now,the recognization of Jerusalem.And this shows clearly that he is zionist puppy.

I am really confused with Trump tbh.

But i have to recognize the peace between N.Korea and the West,witch looks very helpful for the whole world.

Larali
07-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Not sure about that with Hillary. She seems more of the warmonger between Trump and her.

Not saying Hillary was the best choice (she's irrelevant now anyway), but, I disagree with you. Trump is more isolationist, and less supportive of a global economy. But he's shaping up to be less bad than I originally thought.

Wanderer
07-02-2018, 10:33 PM

The reason we support Israel is because Israel is a very valuable asset to the United States, geopolitically.

KMack
07-02-2018, 10:41 PM
The reason we support Israel is because Israel is a very valuable asset to the United States, geopolitically.

They are a reliable ally.

Gründig
07-02-2018, 10:47 PM

lol

Nazarene
07-02-2018, 10:55 PM
An unjust war against a country that was already broken because of sectarianism. Millions dead and millions displaced, for what?

StonyArabia
07-03-2018, 12:40 AM
An unjust war against a country that was already broken because of sectarianism. Millions dead and millions displaced, for what?

Neocolonialism nothing more. We have lots of traitors mostly in north and parts of the south disgusting rats. They threw themselves to the Americans like the rats they are, yet they flee from the democracy they wanted and created. Post 2003 Iraqi government is a joke and a puppet of Iran. Iran is closet ally to the neocolonist powers.

Profileid
07-03-2018, 12:48 AM

lmfao