PDA

View Full Version : Hits you like a tonne of bricks, sparkling spontaneous ideas on fighting

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 06:52 PM
- was walking through a supermarket, I thought just let me punch all the different stuff on all the different shelves

Just having to punch completely random objects off the top continually at high speed, that will tweak my coordination and reflexes and works on precision

- How to improve my distance?

Me moving towards various targets of varying distances from me

Targets moving towards me from varying distances

Strike reach variation

Turning it up a notch with the objects moving along horizontally with me having to twist my body and turn etc

- I saw a thin board hoisted on a metal stand, I imagined punching it by approaching it from different angles, going towards it from my left and jabbing it with my left hand going towards it, hooking or crossing it with my left hand etc by going towards it from my right

- I imagine a series spherical small ping pong sized holographic balls floating in front me, at varying distances of intervals, some higher some lower, some farther some closer, some to be punched by a hook or a cross and others by straights

This would improve my footwork and sense for reach/distance

- I imagine throwing opponent off course by standing southpaw first throwing some southpaw shots then suddenly alternating to orthodox but jabbing leftward etc

- I imagine combinations coming from different angles to confuse and overwhelm

In every fight that you get in, ask yourself

- was this guy too skilled for me?
- how did he or I win?
- what were his strong points?
- what are my strong points? Was I able to apply my strong points in that fight? Did he masterfully handle my strong points?
- what should I have done? Where did I fail or what were my weaknesses?

Its all about sequences

Doing the right thing at the right time
Possibilities at your own posture/stance/distance/sequence, openings possibilities at his posture/stance/distance/sequence
Possibilities and limitations upon a strike of yours, his strike

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
If a guy gets into 10 same types of fights with same sequences, but loses at the 10th, it's his fault

Because he did not learn from them

There are things he should have done, things he should have seen coming

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Is there any logic behind any of this at all?

If you asked every UFC fighter after every match, was it hard? Or was it easy? They should be able to give you answers.

It should be easy if 1) the opponent was easy 2) they were prepared for those sequences 3)They encountered something new yet were able to "think and act on their feet effectively

I want mma teachers who got in fights to tell me "those were very interesting sequences, which I had to react in a certain way, owing to such and such reasons"

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Just because you know something, doesn't mean you know enough to fight someone, there are things to be learnt...

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:17 PM
I wanna see

1) fighter A reacted differently to fighter B over the very same sequence
2) different fighters followed with different sequences after the very same sequence
3) a specific style fighter who is superior over other fighters of same style
4) "you can only do such and such with current level of expertise of a said styles
5) different style fighters, reacting differently to the same opponents
6) fighters doing new things that they did not in previous fights
7) fighters learning and improving from previous fights, even the losers
8) even you worked your ass off on one aspect of fighting and are very good at it, why did you lose?
9) fighters fighting very different fighters by changing themselves up, ADAPTABILITY
10) I saw fighter XYZ in 10 fights, totally "unexpected" him to lose that fight

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:18 PM
I just watch fights... and I visualize fighters right in front me...

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:20 PM
I just move around floors with small tiles, see my footwork and my strikes, do the same with big tiles, see my footwork and strikes... feel the difference...

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:21 PM
You are strong? Great! You have great reflexes? Great! Lets see what we can do to improve you even more!

Vigilance
07-03-2018, 07:28 PM
You are strong? Great! You have great reflexes? Great! Lets see what we can do to improve you even more!

Just like you can gauge fighters, you can most certainly gauge coaches

Vigilance
07-05-2018, 01:14 AM
I imagine realistic punches coming at me consequtively...

Vigilance
07-05-2018, 01:49 PM
If you told someone to punch and kick a punching bag, they might hit a certain way but that might not be professional/technical

How could a person who never got into street fights, who simply hit punching bags be better at fighting?

Where do professional strikes even come from? What makes them superior?

If you simply taught someone professional strikes how would they know when to apply them in a fight?

How do know whether or not some moves are unnecessarily flashy and too complex in a fight and are not to be employed in a sudden, street fight?

Vigilance
07-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Just thinking about hooks

Hooks intimidating opponent

Hooks stepping forward and backward and moving around, stepping inside outside, punching bag

Transpose that into watching a fight, where they are maintaining closeness to land hooks, as though the opponent were like a punching bag right in front of them, "trying to catch hold and land a shot"

Fighters who can land the most number of hooks and the nicest hooks in each fight

How fighters keep a watch of possible hooks and move around, at some point they gotta engage

Sequences where hooks were nullified, maybe footwork and quick jabs to maintain distance

Set ups leading to hooks

Fights where hooks weren't really thrown yet it was a good, skillful fight and the guy won

Two Southpaws facing each other, one peels to the right then turns anti clockwise to land a hook

When does a fighter swarm in? Why don't they just swarm in and lash out at each other from the start

When two fighters swarm kinda like amateur sucker punchers brawling it out, in the midst of the fog of chaotic punch exchanges, one guy landing hooks more clearly

Hook attempts during various moments of the fight and why at those specific moments, was he just thinking "come on, come on, I just gotta KO you" very desperate or "this is the right timing"

People which have better footwork and arsenal other than just hooks

How would be like to pitch certain types of fighters against those striking hook offensive types?

Vigilance
07-08-2018, 12:57 AM
Was just thinking about the mechanics of punches

Something like thrusting your hands out really fast and grabbing tightly different poles/bars in a series of poles/bars can be good substitute to punches specially if you add moving sideways, footwork and bobbing into it.

Some days the thought of fighting makes me really nervous and stressed out that I want to do auxiliary stuff.