PDA

View Full Version : K13/K15 and south german question.

Gründig
07-12-2018, 12:19 AM
There doesn't seem to be a south german population in the k13/K15 calculator. Is there something that's close to It or may take it's place?

I see north, west, east and Austrian.

DarkWater
07-12-2018, 12:30 AM
West Germans are the most similar to South Germans to my knowledge. ill find something to support that later

DarkWater
07-12-2018, 12:32 AM
north German, east german, and austrian all have more eastern european influence

Gründig
07-12-2018, 12:38 AM
north German, east german, and austrian all have more eastern european influence

Bavaria is southern germany as well and id image close to Austrians.

redeyednewt
07-12-2018, 12:57 AM
What about Switzerland?

I am not sure how they estimate these percentages/ratios, especially since all of these modern day countries and cultures throughout thousands of years of history invaded each other and settled and intermixed with the population of these regions of Europe?

Gründig
07-12-2018, 01:00 AM
What about Switzerland?

It's not on the reference sheet.

Peterski
07-12-2018, 01:02 AM
West Germans & West Austrians are close to South Germans. Other Austrians are close to East Germans.

With Polish references there is only Polish (I think it is Mazovian), South Polish and Estonian Polish.

redeyednewt
07-12-2018, 01:21 AM
West Germans & West Austrians are close to South Germans. Other Austrians are close to East Germans.

With Polish references there is only Polish (I think it is Mazovian), South Polish and Estonian Polish.

That's interesting. My relatives and I are not Polish, but I know someone who thought they were Austrian, as in their relatives/ancestors were from the modern day country of Austria or like you wrote would show up as West German/West Austrian, and I did their genealogy for them and they are from Poland, and Russia.

Gründig
07-12-2018, 01:25 AM

Interesting, thanks.

In reference to K13 they just have regular "Austrian". I'm assuming it's the same as West Austrian because my closest populations are Austria followed very closely by west Germany. East German is on the list too but not as close.

Peterski
07-12-2018, 04:41 AM
That's interesting. My relatives and I are not Polish, but I know someone who thought they were Austrian, as in their relatives/ancestors were from the modern day country of Austria or like you wrote would show up as West German/West Austrian, and I did their genealogy for them and they are from Poland, and Russia.

I guess they were from this part of Poland which was Austrian in 1772/1795/1815 - 1918.

That was after the partitions of Poland between Prussia/Germany, Austria and Russia.

Did they try a DNA test?

oszkar07
07-12-2018, 08:26 AM

North East Germans not North West Germans whom are closer to Dutch,Danish and English.

DarkWater
07-12-2018, 12:20 PM
North East Germans not North West Germans whom are closer to Dutch,Danish and English.

South Germans are more similar to West Germans and Belgians than northeast Germans. Bavarians are more like Austrians.

oszkar07
07-12-2018, 12:59 PM
South Germans are more similar to West Germans and Belgians than northeast Germans. Bavarians are more like Austrians.

Im not sure about South Germans and I think would possibly depend whether south west or south east, but my point was about your comment that North Germans are like East Europeans , I wanted to clarify that as far as I know that is specific to East Germans , whom can have some Slavic admixture. I think North West Germans are closer to North West Euro populations.

Freeroostah
07-12-2018, 01:00 PM
There doesn't seem to be a south german population in the k13/K15 calculator. Is there something that's close to It or may take it's place?

I see north, west, east and Austrian.

You think the lack of South German population is an issue? Let me explain you Eurogenes in a nutshell (Balkan Edition)

-Northern Greeks are suddenly Bulgarians
-South Greeks become a mix of Jews and Italians
-Italians become Central Greeks
-Greeks from all over Greece might score Greek_Thessaly (?)
-Bulgarians become Romanians
-Serbs Become Hungarians
-Croatians become Austrians
-There is no Albanian sample (some Albanians become Bulgarians, others Italians, and others become Spartans)

COMPLETE MESS

redeyednewt
07-12-2018, 03:55 PM
I guess they were from this part of Poland which was Austrian in 1772/1795/1815 - 1918.

That was after the partitions of Poland between Prussia/Germany, Austria and Russia.

Did they try a DNA test?

My friends' ancestors were from here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_(Eastern_Europe)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Galicia_(Eastern_Europe)

I'm not sure if they took a DNA test? They are on a very popular genealogy site but I'm not sure if my friend or his dad, or other relatives took a DNA test since we are not genetically related at all.

I know other Poles but they are from Warsaw and Gdańsk, and speak Polish.

Gründig
07-12-2018, 04:00 PM
You think the lack of South German population is an issue? Let me explain you Eurogenes in a nutshell (Balkan Edition)

-Northern Greeks are suddenly Bulgarians
-South Greeks become a mix of Jews and Italians
-Italians become Central Greeks
-Greeks from all over Greece might score Greek_Thessaly (?)
-Bulgarians become Romanians
-Serbs Become Hungarians
-Croatians become Austrians
-There is no Albanian sample (some Albanians become Bulgarians, others Italians, and others become Spartans)

COMPLETE MESS

I was really just curious. But Yea, I can see how that's a mess.

The single populations for me are pretty good. The mixed populations however are a joke for me. It's like it's just randomly guessing.

DarkWater
07-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Im not sure about South Germans and I think would possibly depend whether south west or south east, but my point was about your comment that North Germans are like East Europeans , I wanted to clarify that as far as I know that is specific to East Germans , whom can have some Slavic admixture. I think North West Germans are closer to North West Euro populations.

North Germans are more similar to Northern Europe yes, but they also have more of an Eastern European influence than do west and southwest Germany

Gründig
07-16-2018, 12:27 AM
Bump

Gründig
07-16-2018, 01:43 AM
bump

Gründig
07-18-2018, 12:16 AM
bump

Gründig
07-19-2018, 01:52 AM
Bump