PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Guitar

Grumpy Cat
03-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Anyone else love this stuff?

This is one of my favorite artists ATM. He's not Spanish or Latin American, he's actually an English-Canadian, from Toronto. My mother bought me the CD for my birthday last year and I have it on repeat quite often.

BV1OWF85IHQ

5GbYXdoRS60

I like both Spanish and Latin American variations.

Grumpy Cat
03-26-2011, 04:25 AM
Also, of you know of any good stuff from Spain. Post it here. I have a CD that I go in Spain, actually, and it's a bunch of little kids playing this kind of music. It's AMAZING!

Don
03-26-2011, 04:41 AM
In this piece is contained the spirit of Spain, in particular, Castilla.
Created and played by a cristiano viejo, a true spaniard, not a gypsy, a latino or a foreigner to our instrument and our essence.

I hope you enjoy and know to appreciate the authenticity of this piece.

w8LL1x6J2rU

Don
03-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Here another piece from Maestro Rodrigo.

I like more the authenticity and purity of these (clásica española) than the modern "mongrels, mestizaje" that many do with the spanish guitar.

There are nice modern multicult pieces as well, but is not the same, is not the original spirit of the originals.

Here you have one of these our pure artistic expressions by our guitar about our people and our history.

bQ-XdmNFvps

Yes, you may remind the song of pirates of the caribbean... is just another steal by these rats from jewllywood.

Comte Arnau
03-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Well, it'd be unfair to say that some non-Spaniards don't get quite close to the 'spirit'. John William's version of Albéniz's Asturias is outstanding, even if at a faster pace than that of maestro Segovia.

oEfFbuT3I6A

Heimmacht
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
ADwfyxpriAM

YUSS!!

Bard
03-26-2011, 02:16 PM
I am not really a fan of this kind of music but I must admit that it sounds great, they are very talented.

Lábaru
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
In this piece is contained the spirit of Spain, in particular, Castilla.
Created and played by a cristiano viejo, a true spaniard, not a gypsy, a latino or a foreigner to our instrument and our essence.

I hope you enjoy and know to appreciate the authenticity of this piece.

w8LL1x6J2rU

Great.