PDA

View Full Version : White Syrian DNA Results

happycow
07-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Very interesting results! Honestly would not have guessed her Syrian lol. Quite a bit of Europe South! I'd like to see her gedmatch results.

https://youtu.be/p-_QdcSG_os

Ancestry DNA results:

35% Caucasus
33% Middle East
26% Europe

Low confidence regions:
2% European Jewish
2% Asia Central
2% Nigeria

23andme results:

93.0% Western Asian & North African
- 79.5% Western Asian (Syria)
- 9.2% North African & Arabian
- 4.3% broadly Western Asian & North African

6.3% European
- 3.0% Italian
- 1.0% Balkan (Romania)
- 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish
- 0.2% Eastern European
- 1.2% broadly Southern European
- 0.6% broadly European

0.2% East Asian & Native American
- 0.2% broadly East Asian & Native American

0.5% unassigned

mtDNA: K1a4

Kukushka
07-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Depigmented Assyroid (?). She does not look European at all, althought she is very white indeed.

happycow
07-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Depigmented Assyroid (?). She does not look European at all, althought she is very white indeed.

Yeah she's very light skinned. I think Syrians overall are the lightest of the levantine populations.

Cernunnos
07-22-2018, 06:43 PM
She looks quite pan European. And to me she is White/European.

I remember seeing a Red haired Saddam Hussein minister or general and he was full Arab.

Guess that that's just a variation.

Marmara
07-22-2018, 06:43 PM
I can confirm that some Syrians do look like her.

Cernunnos
07-22-2018, 06:47 PM
I can confirm that some Syrians do look like her.

That's quite shocking to me.

Crusader heritage from France and England?

The Kingdom of Jerusalem and mainly the Antioch Principality were settled by English and French crusaders.

Marmara
07-22-2018, 06:55 PM

The Kingdom of Jerusalem and mainly the Antioch Principality were settled by English and French crusaders.

Apparently not, her heritage doesn't indicate any North European ancestry. Probably a lighter pigmentation heavily blended with middle-eastern genetics but survived through selection. There is a lot more source of light hair and eyes in Middle-East than crusaders.

Anyway, many Syrian refugees here are extremely brown and exotic, rest are light skinned more West Asian looking and often pass Turkish. People like her do exist but as extreme minority. Even though Syrians can naturally have light eyes they usually come with semitic look, but she looks Euro.

Cernunnos
07-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Apparently not, her heritage doesn't indicate any North European ancestry. Probably a lighter pigmentation heavily blended with middle-eastern genetics but survived through selection. There is a lot more source of light hair and eyes in Middle-East than crusaders.

Anyway, many Syrian refugees here are extremely brown and exotic, rest are light skinned more West Asian looking and often pass Turkish. People like her do exist but as extreme minority. Even though Syrians can naturally have light eyes they usually come with semitic look, but she looks Euro.

Well there are some unchecked/unconfirmed theories that Syrians and Lebanese are lighter because of Crusader blood. Maybe she is an atypical survivor or Pre Muslim/Arabic Levant.

Marmara
07-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Well there are some unchecked/unconfirmed theories that Syrians and Lebanese are lighter because of Crusader blood. Maybe she is an atypical survivor or Pre Muslim/Arabic Levant.

Most Syrians are survivors of Arab invasion, most Syrians don't have Arabian roots and are just Arabized. Pre-Arab Syria wasn't a nordic place which you can see from Assyrians or Jews. Muslims, especially Sunni muslims tend to be lighter than others in Middle-East by the way.

rein
07-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Most Syrians are survivors of Arab invasion, most Syrians don't have Arabian roots and are just Arabized. Pre-Arab Syria wasn't a nordic place which you can see from Assyrians or Jews. Muslims, especially Sunni muslims tend to be lighter than others in Middle-East by the way.

Must be God’s will to make them lighter.

Cernunnos
07-22-2018, 07:08 PM

That's why I said atypicial survivor, if it wasn't atypical it would be an Armenoid or Eastern Mediterranean type. :D

It seems that Jordan and Iraq were much more influenced by the Arab invasions.

Marmara
07-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Must be God’s will to make them lighter.

No, the reason is mixture with lighter people. Many light people settled in Middle-East and converted to Sunni Islam.

Here is a Mamluk soldier from Aleppo, Syria.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6PvR1mbiJ9wzpIFsJUsUawKjS7dPGt JXHxucq3ou7tUJE463VfMvBE7jS

Marmara
07-22-2018, 07:09 PM
That's why I said atypicial survivor, if it wasn't atypical it would be an Armenoid or Eastern Mediterranean type. :D

It seems that Jordan and Iraq were much more influenced by the Arab invasions.

Jordan and Iraq were already partly Arab before İslam.

Lucas
07-22-2018, 07:09 PM
She looks like blond Ashkenazi girl for me. Mixed with Euro of course. She doesn't look "Nordic"... Her nose is big, looks straight but I bet it was operated.

rein
07-22-2018, 07:16 PM
She looks like blond Ashkenazi girl for me. Mixed with Euro of course. She doesn't look "Nordic"... Her nose is big, looks straight but I bet it was operated.

If it’s operated they obviously haven’t done a very good job.

Rgvgjhvv
07-22-2018, 07:23 PM
There's plenty of white-skinned Syrians. It annoys how different some of her results are though. From 26% European to 6%?! Gives me a headache

Tauromachos
07-22-2018, 07:39 PM
No, the reason is mixture with lighter people. Many light people settled in Middle-East and converted to Sunni Islam.

Here is a Mamluk soldier from Aleppo, Syria.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6PvR1mbiJ9wzpIFsJUsUawKjS7dPGt JXHxucq3ou7tUJE463VfMvBE7jS

Probably there was alos a decent number of North Caucasian people coming to the region is my guess

Ujku
07-22-2018, 07:43 PM

I was also shocked when i first saw Syrian refugees here in Athens. I remember seeing a family of 8+ all pale white blue eyed gingers lol.
They are light skinned and is common for them having light eyes.
Not all of them are like this but a good proportion of the population does.

Levant15
10-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Her updated AncestryDNA
54% Middle East
38% Turkey and The Caucasus
5% Iran and Persia
2% Italian
1% Greek

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Gründig
10-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Looks European.

Gangrel
10-11-2018, 10:37 PM

Disagree

She has American euro mutt face

sailormoon
10-12-2018, 02:14 AM
Haplogroup K1a (mtDNA) is very common among the Druze people in Levant. 13% of them have haplogroup K, mostly K1a subclades, such as K1a4b, K1a6 and K1a4, which is her mtDNA haplogroup. She is very likely to have Druze ancestry. The Syrian Druze people constitute 3.2 percent of the population (800,000) in Syria.

https://i2.wp.com/www.middleeastmonitor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Daesh-Druze-hostages.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&quality=75&strip=all&ssl=1

Haider
10-12-2018, 02:25 AM
Haplogroup K1a (mtDNA) is very common among the Druze people in Levant. 13% of them have haplogroup K, mostly K1a subclades, such as K1a4b, K1a6 and K1a4, which is her mtDNA haplogroup. She is very likely to have Druze ancestry. The Syrian Druze people constitute 3.2 percent of the population (800,000) in Syria.

https://i2.wp.com/www.middleeastmonitor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Daesh-Druze-hostages.jpg?resize=1200%2C800&quality=75&strip=all&ssl=1

It's most common amongst Druzes, but not exclusive to them. The girl in the above video is Sunni.

Haider
10-12-2018, 02:31 AM
From her results she most likely plots with 'Turkish_Adana'. Non-Bedouin Syrian Arabs are more Anatolian than Levantine and closer to Turks than to Lebanese even.

Profileid
10-12-2018, 02:32 AM
Disagree

american euro mutts dont have giant MENA noses.

StonyArabia
10-12-2018, 02:35 AM
The Byzantines, Crusaders, Mamlukes and Ottoman Balkan mercenaries all left their mark upon that country. However when they came in our regions we killed them in quite brutal manner, just like the Americans and their European allies, the exception were the Mamlukes. But the Ottoman Balkan mercenaries were savages but hey their from the Balkans

Profileid
10-12-2018, 02:42 AM
Disagree

american euro mutts dont have giant MENA noses

StonyArabia
10-12-2018, 02:45 AM

Yep she just looks like depigmented Middle Easterner. Not all MENA have giant noses my Anglo-American friend however

DarknessWin
10-12-2018, 02:58 AM
Ok she is white skinned and blond but her features are 100% MENA ,
another proof that colors mean nothing at all

Dont forget that most white skin and blond people in the world are not even europeans (Finland)

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-12-2018, 02:59 AM
The Byzantines, Crusaders, Mamlukes and Ottoman Balkan mercenaries all left their mark upon that country. However when they came in our regions we killed them in quite brutal manner, just like the Americans and their European allies, the exception were the Mamlukes. But the Ottoman Balkan mercenaries were savages but hey their from the Balkans

One way to know if someone has an inferiority complex is if they shoe horn their inferiority into discussions.

btw, congratulations on killing all those Americans and their European allies from Canada. That must have been quite a feat. You sat home in cushy Canada, while the US government set a puppet government in Iraq, which, btw, is still in place. Such a true warrior with your Pokemon cards.

StonyArabia
10-12-2018, 03:04 AM
One way to know if someone has an inferiority complex is if they shoe horn their inferiority into discussions.

btw, congratulations on killing all those Americans and their European allies from Canada. That must have been quite a feat. You sat home in cushy Canada, while the US government set a puppet government in Iraq, which, btw, is still in place. Such a true warrior with your Pokemon cards.

I am proud the tribal Western region of Iraq gave the Americans and their European allies hell. We were never subdued that's matters here. Yes I was a kid at the time, living in Canada. However many of my relatives fought hard against the Americans and their European allies like my Uncles and cousins. Sure the puppet government is placed upon Iraq, but no one recognize it, and no one in my region even follows it's dictation, they see it as American and Iranian made. In fact most of the people in the Western region have their own tribal elders that they look up to and for need. This useless government is frankly hated by all of us. We are also semi-independent almost from this pathetic government that the Americans and their Iranian secret allies made.

Profileid
10-12-2018, 03:40 AM
Yep she just looks like depigmented Middle Easterner. Not all MENA have giant noses my Anglo-American friend however

SyrianGirl has a tiny button nose

Nazarene
10-12-2018, 04:20 AM
I dont know why the European members are acting so surprised, Syrians have quite a high incidence of light features as do the Lebanese when it comes to skin colour especially.

happycow
10-12-2018, 04:32 AM
From her results she most likely plots with 'Turkish_Adana'. Non-Bedouin Syrian Arabs are more Anatolian than Levantine and closer to Turks than to Lebanese even.

Yeah I remember a Syrian member posted his results and he was closest to Turkish.

FinalFlash
10-12-2018, 05:00 AM
The hell is so special about her look?

Leto
10-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Ok she is white skinned and blond but her features are 100% MENA ,
another proof that colors mean nothing at all

Dont forget that most white skin and blond people in the world are not even europeans (Finland)
Finland is Europe, dumbass. And nobody said she was European. But nobody in his right mind would call her brown as well.

Leto
10-12-2018, 07:18 AM
I am proud the tribal Western region of Iraq gave the Americans and their European allies hell. We were never subdued that's matters here. Yes I was a kid at the time, living in Canada. However many of my relatives fought hard against the Americans and their European allies like my Uncles and cousins. Sure the puppet government is placed upon Iraq, but no one recognize it, and no one in my region even follows it's dictation, they see it as American and Iranian made. In fact most of the people in the Western region have their own tribal elders that they look up to and for need. This useless government is frankly hated by all of us. We are also semi-independent almost from this pathetic government that the Americans and their Iranian secret allies made.
Who cares, man? You don't even live in your homeland. And physically speaking, you are miles away from that girl.

Anglojew
10-12-2018, 10:00 AM

No. The ancient Near East was whiter than today.

Gangrel
10-12-2018, 10:11 AM

You are all yahudi

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 10:15 AM
I dont know why the European members are acting so surprised, Syrians have quite a high incidence of light features as do the Lebanese when it comes to skin colour especially.

because europeans, are ignorant as fuck when it comes to non-euro phenotypes and race xD

they have stereotypical images about everyone from other continents.

they probably seriously think every arab looks like some osama bin laden, and that every indian is your typical short, black, dark straight haired IT support. thats the ignorance of europeans my friend, ive witnessed it first hand'

(the dutch cannot distinguish biracial features from Moroccan/arab features, LOL)

TheMaestro
10-12-2018, 10:45 AM
Well this is funny, I have a classmate in Uni and he is Syrian and he is whiter than me and he has ginger hair, only thing that tells they both are non-Euro is that Syrian nose.

DarknessWin
10-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Finland is Europe, dumbass. And nobody said she was European. But nobody in his right mind would call her brown as well.

No its not Europe , it have asian mix population with not european language dumbass

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:47 AM
White MENA always get those huge noozes lol

Leto
10-12-2018, 01:03 PM
No its not Europe , it have asian mix population with not european language dumbass
Oh yes. But Cyprus is white and European.

Leto
10-12-2018, 01:08 PM
because europeans, are ignorant as fuck when it comes to non-euro phenotypes and race xD

they have stereotypical images about everyone from other continents.

they probably seriously think every arab looks like some osama bin laden, and that every indian is your typical short, black, dark straight haired IT support. thats the ignorance of europeans my friend, ive witnessed it first hand'

(the dutch cannot distinguish biracial features from Moroccan/arab features, LOL)
Tone down your language, son. I know it's fine to talk shit about Europeans even on this supposedly "European cultural community", but how many Syrians look like her? Don't you think that stereotypes are usually based on the most common traits? And how good are the Negroes at telling various European groups from each other?

Pribislav
10-12-2018, 01:15 PM
She is just depigmented Levantine, her feature is Levantine/Middle Eastern.

DarknessWin
10-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Oh yes. But Cyprus is white and European.

Neither , Cyprus have Xittite and Phoenician roots and are closer to Lebanese

happycow
10-12-2018, 07:03 PM

Well there's also the Barbary slave trade which doesn't seem to get discussed very often but I don't know how much of an impact it had on the Levant.

Would still like to see her gedmatch results to see if she gets any Western Europe.

rein
10-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Well there's also the Barbary slave trade which doesn't seem to get discussed very often but I don't know how much of an impact it had on the Levant.

Would still like to see her gedmatch results to see if she gets any Western Europe.

Wasn’t Barbary grade between North Africa and Turkey?

happycow
10-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Wasn’t Barbary grade between North Africa and Turkey?

Yes. But the Levant was under Ottoman rule however I don't know if those slave trade elements made their way in. just a theory

I have my doubts about the whole crusade input thing but I'm still learning.

rein
10-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Yes. But the Levant was under Ottoman rule however I don't know if those slave trade elements made their way in. just a theory

I have my doubts about the whole crusade input thing but I'm still learning.

I’m sure there was some Crusade input. Pretty distant though, so would be minor nowadays.

happycow
10-12-2018, 08:03 PM
I’m sure there was some Crusade input. Pretty distant though, so would be minor nowadays.

It's possible. The town my mother is from was a crusader settlement and she's 1/16 Western European. I think my dads European ancestry is more recent considering my paternal uncle looks fully western European.

Westbrook
10-12-2018, 08:05 PM
She looks quite pan European. And to me she is White/European.

I remember seeing a Red haired Saddam Hussein minister or general and he was full Arab.

Guess that that's just a variation.

There are people all over the middle east and west Asia who look just as white as any white person in Europe or America. It's weird how we think of people differently based on where they're from or the language they speak even if they look the same.

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 08:06 PM
she is very depigmented, but in no way shape or form is she remotely european looking. To me her features cant pass in europe, not at all.

HOWEVER, her pigment is probably very common in Northeastern Europe, Scandinavia, and areas in the north. Probably also east baltids or balto-mongols.

dark-mysterio
10-12-2018, 08:12 PM
if i don't get wrong there was some intermarriage between roman/byzantine and some people from the syrian region (this may explain way some of the ghassanids arabs look partially white ?) so this could be an explanation ?

Levant15
10-12-2018, 08:14 PM
if i don't get wrong there was some intermarriage between roman/byzantine and some people from the syrian region (this may explain way some of the ghassanids arabs look partially white ?) so this could be an explanation ?She's not a Ghassanid. Where do people come up with this sht ?!

rein
10-12-2018, 08:15 PM
It's possible. The town my mother is from was a crusader settlement and she's 1/16 Western European. I think my dads European ancestry is more recent considering my paternal uncle looks fully western European.

How recent would you say your dad’s ancestry is?

rein
10-12-2018, 08:16 PM
There are people all over the middle east and west Asia who look just as white as any white person in Europe or America. It's weird how we think of people differently based on where they're from or the language they speak even if they look the same.

I wonder what people would have classified her on here if they didn’t know her ancestry. Noric maybe?

Leto
10-12-2018, 08:16 PM
The difference is in frequency. In those countries they are something special because over 90% have dark hair, eyes and often skin, while in Europe and North America they are not, at least as long as white people are the majority there.

Leto
10-12-2018, 08:17 PM
I wonder what people would have classified her on here if they didn’t know her ancestry. Noric maybe?
She said in the comments she was often mistaken for Ashkenazi Jewish, which makes sense. Jews are not brown but often have 'Semitic' features.

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 08:18 PM
A trick of pigmentation mostly. The girl has middle eastern traits.

Agreed. Anyone who says she could pass in Europe clearly dont pay attention to features mostly.

Pigmentation plays a huge role into being seen as non-european, it really does xD if i were to have brown hair, and blue eyes NOBODY would believe i was mulatto.

dark-mysterio
10-12-2018, 08:20 PM
She's not a Ghassanid. Where do people come up with this sht ?!

i didn't say she was ghassanid but used them as example

dark-mysterio
10-12-2018, 08:20 PM
She's not a Ghassanid. Where do people come up with this sht ?!

i didn't say she was ghassanid but used them as example

happycow
10-12-2018, 08:24 PM
How recent would you say your dad’s ancestry is?

I'm not sure. Many of my fully European relatives show up as 4th and 5th cousins on 23andme and 5th-8th cousins on ancestry. The odds of someone from Europe traveling to Palestine and intermarrying with the locals seems very slim though. lol

Leto
10-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Levantine members seem to be obsessed with the so called 'Crusader' input. 1-2% North Atlantic or North European on GEDmatch is not necessarily from the Crusades. It can be from anywhere, including Greeks, Romans, Iranians, Ottomans, etc.

Levant15
10-12-2018, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure. Many of my fully European relatives show up as 4th and 5th cousins on 23andme and 5th-8th cousins on ancestry. The odds of someone from Europe traveling to Palestine and intermarrying with the locals seems very slim though. lolHaving European 4th cousins doesn't mean it's in your tree. It could be in their tree.
Probably one of your relatives married a European person.
The majority of my matches are Europeans and Latin Americans but I don't have any European and Amerindian input

Westbrook
10-12-2018, 08:29 PM

Nobody will admit it now anyway

Tauromachos
10-12-2018, 08:31 PM
She doesn't even look Southern European

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 08:33 PM
She doesn't even look Southern European

thats cuz she looks Mesopotamian. and she is majority so. Middle easterners are distinct from euros. Even a depigmented kurd will still look kurdish, and not european.

happycow
10-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Levantine members seem to be obsessed with the so called 'Crusader' input. 1-2% North Atlantic or North European on GEDmatch is not necessarily from the Crusades. It can be from anywhere, including Greeks, Romans, Iranians, Ottomans, etc.

lol well like i said earlier ive always doubted the whole crusader input thing. :p

Rgvgjhvv
10-12-2018, 08:37 PM
She looks super Jewish, doesn't she? Looks just like someone I know who's Ashkenazi Jewish from Hungary

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
10-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Passes easily in a wide range of European regions. We only see her "Middle-Eastern" traits because we knew beforehand from the first post that she was Syrian.

happycow
10-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Having European 4th cousins doesn't mean it's in your tree. It could be in their tree.
The majority of my matches are Europeans and Latin Americans but I don't have any European and Amerindian input

Yeah most of mine are Europeans with a few from Latin America.

Leto
10-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Her updated AncestryDNA
54% Middle East
38% Turkey and The Caucasus
5% Iran and Persia
2% Italian
1% Greek

This Moroccan is more European than her
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?258671-Moroccan-Amazigh-Ancestry-DNA-Results&p=5502368&viewfull=1#post5502368
By the way, the Moroccan is very pretty, prettier than the Syrian, check out her instagram. Personally I'm not a fan of neither West nor East Asian phenotypes but there are certainly exceptions. :)

happycow
10-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Having European 4th cousins doesn't mean it's in your tree. It could be in their tree.

by the way im speaking of my fully European relatives. I can understand being related to those who are a percentage middle eastern. But what about those who are 0% middle eastern? :confused: I even have the gedmatch kit of one of my relatives and couldn't see how I would be related to her? :confused: And gedmatch does show I have European input...

rein
10-12-2018, 09:10 PM
by the way im speaking of my fully European relatives. I can understand being related to those who are a percentage middle eastern. But what about those who are 0% middle eastern? :confused: I even have the gedmatch kit of one of my relatives and couldn't see how I would be related to her? :confused: And gedmatch does show I have European input...

Modern Crusades, :p

Gründig
10-12-2018, 09:12 PM
She looks super Jewish, doesn't she? Looks just like someone I know who's Ashkenazi Jewish from Hungary

Not at all.

rein
10-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Not at all.

What does she look like to you?

Gründig
10-12-2018, 09:16 PM
What does she look like to you?

Primarily European. People based their opinions solely on the results she posted.

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Passes easily in a wide range of European regions. We only see her "Middle-Eastern" traits because we knew beforehand from the first post that she was Syrian.

i dont agree with this, im not that stupid.

even if the title didnt mention any ethnicity at all i'd know shes atypical in europe based off her features alone. Do you know a scandinavian that has the exact same features as she did? yeah, i thought so.

rein
10-12-2018, 09:20 PM

even if the title didnt mention any ethnicity at all i'd know shes atypical in europe based off her features alone. Do you know a scandinavian that has the exact same features as she did? yeah, i thought so.

Indeed, nobody can look as Scandinavian as you. :p

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
10-12-2018, 09:22 PM

I said she passes in a wide range of regions not all of them.

Can you pin point for me which specific features on this girl make her atypical for Europe?

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 09:23 PM
I said she passes in a wide range of regions not all of them.

Can you pin point for me which specific features on this girl make her atypical for Europe?

Her nose shape/width, her overal facial expression, facial structure, mouth area, and the eyes just look semitic to me, as clear as day.

If i didnt know her ethnicity i'd guess her to be a depigmented assyroid or ashkenazi jew of sorts. Europe or europe-passing wouldnt be my first guess.

Rgvgjhvv
10-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Primarily European. People based their opinions solely on the results she posted.

Okay I will tell the person I know she's not Jewish anymore.

rein
10-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Well this is funny, I have a classmate in Uni and he is Syrian and he is whiter than me and he has ginger hair, only thing that tells they both are non-Euro is that Syrian nose.

Was it this guy?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/02/12/0898294B00000514-0-image-m-14_1446465718943.jpg

Leto
10-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Mixed Caucasoid people tend to look like one of their parents. For example, I've seen a family - Azerbaijani husband, Russian wife and two children - the girl looks West Asian (not dark-skinned but dark eyes and hair) and the boy is straight up Russian (gray eyes, dark-blonde hair). Theoretically I could pull up the photos if someone does not believe me. The Syrian is not mixed though, she is the result of variation.

Gangrel
For me she looks non euro as well, a bit like Zidane. Like i told before a trick of pigmentation...

Zidane looks non euro since when?

Congolese Rice
Indeed, nobody can look as Scandinavian as you. :p

exactly, even vikings bowed down before my statue. they took their nordicness from me, remember that fact xd

Mingle
10-12-2018, 09:28 PM
And to me she is White/European.

So then are MENA-looking South Euros "non-European" to you? Would it be okay if MENAs claimed MENA-looking South Euros as MENAs?

Gründig
10-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Okay I will tell the person I know she's not Jewish anymore.

Thank you

rein
10-12-2018, 09:36 PM
exactly, even vikings bowed down before my statue. they took their nordicness from me, remember that fact xd

Guess the ethnicity of this one.

https://vhijabe.ru/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/3-4.jpg

TheMaestro
10-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Was it this guy?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/02/12/0898294B00000514-0-image-m-14_1446465718943.jpg

LUL, nah, well I would post his photo but I won't. He has thinner face tho.

CommonSense
10-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Can somebody explain to me how her pigmentation isn't extremely atypical for a Syrian? You can't find any refugees in real life or just regular people in group photos who are anywhere near like that. Examples:

https://iadsb.tmgrup.com.tr/d86826/645/344/0/6/1000/538?u=https://idsb.tmgrup.com.tr/2017/10/26/1509042438276.jpg

https://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2016/2/11/a103ba75556342aa92c660a1f165a6d6_18.jpg

https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-MU676_SYRTOW_P_20160226174017.jpg

https://cdn3.img.sputniknews.com/images/106192/31/1061923184.jpg

https://tvo.org/sites/default/files/article-thumbnails/khaled-family.jpg

Even the kids, who represent the lightest group in every caucasoid population, are olive-skinned. The average Syrian is as dark as Mortimer, if not even slightly darker than that. For some reason they get heavily whitewashed on this forum.

rein
10-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Can somebody explain to me how her pigmentation isn't extremely atypical for a Syrian? You can't find any refugees in real life or just regular people in group photos who are anywhere near like that. Examples:

https://iadsb.tmgrup.com.tr/d86826/645/344/0/6/1000/538?u=https://idsb.tmgrup.com.tr/2017/10/26/1509042438276.jpg

https://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2016/2/11/a103ba75556342aa92c660a1f165a6d6_18.jpg

https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-MU676_SYRTOW_P_20160226174017.jpg

https://cdn3.img.sputniknews.com/images/106192/31/1061923184.jpg

https://tvo.org/sites/default/files/article-thumbnails/khaled-family.jpg

Even the kids, who represent the lightest group in every caucasoid population, are olive-skinned. The average Syrian is as dark as Mortimer, if not even slightly darker than that. For some reason they get heavily whitewashed on this forum.

Nobody claims that’s she’s typical. She’s probably from North-West Syria.

happycow
10-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Modern Crusades, :p

Maybe. :p I mean I've posted my results plenty of time and the only theory I've been given for my Euro is "crusader input." And I didn't exactly buy it. And I get over 6% North Atlantic on Eurogenes. Maybe I should just message those relatives and ask them how we are related...

Alberta
10-12-2018, 10:58 PM
This Tunisian for example looks more European than the Syrian girl in my opinion.

https://instagram.fopo3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/d7dca846f760d15a8bda0046fb9cc1a6/5C49291A/t51.2885-15/e35/37914899_258986958263723_4272057747169607680_n.jpg

She may still have ssa-admix. That is maybe why she got different nose-shape from typical syrian/levantine/iraqi arabs lol.

Alberta
10-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Mixed Caucasoid people tend to look like one of their parents. For example, I've seen a family - Azerbaijani husband, Russian wife and two children - the girl looks West Asian (not dark-skinned but dark eyes and hair) and the boy is straight up Russian (gray eyes, dark-blonde hair). Theoretically I could pull up the photos if someone does not believe me. The Syrian is not mixed though, she is the result of variation.

+1

waam
10-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Also a note about pigmentation, remember that Syria is in the Middle East AKA a sunny climate unlike North America and Northwestern Europe, so people are more tan there even if originally they have white skin. So these pictures might not be 100% representative of the actual variation in pigmentation of Syrians (I for example get very tanned during summer but my original skin tone is very very white. So taking a picture of me tanned and suggesting it's my actual skin tone would be disingenuous).

rein
10-12-2018, 11:01 PM
More common Syrian woman:

https://www.caritas.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Reem_Alhaswani.jpg

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:08 PM
More common Syrian woman:

https://www.caritas.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Reem_Alhaswani.jpg

https://www.svtstatic.se/image-cms/svtse/1441791724/dokumentarfilm/article2934690.svt/alternates/extralarge/2594686-jpg

Congolese Rice
10-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Also a note about pigmentation, remember that Syria is in the Middle East AKA a sunny climate unlike North America and Northwestern Europe, so people are more tan there even if originally they have white skin. So these pictures might not be 100% representative of the actual variation in pigmentation of Syrians (I for example get very tanned during summer but my original skin tone is very very white. So taking a picture of me tanned and suggesting it's my actual skin tone would be disingenuous).

i would agree, if people were to meet me while i was in the Caribbeans with a deep tan they'd intepret me wayyy differently than when i am untanned.

Naturally i am light brown, or light-caramel. when im tanned i become a deep medium dark caramel, and i can become even darker to a dark nougat color.

(removed pics)

rein
10-12-2018, 11:17 PM
https://www.svtstatic.se/image-cms/svtse/1441791724/dokumentarfilm/article2934690.svt/alternates/extralarge/2594686-jpg

Rim and her sisters?

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Rim and her sisters?

do you know it? Pretty tragic documentary about some syrian sisters living on the lebanese border. The other sisters get raped by their uncles (or something) and forced to marry them. But Rim revolts and marry an lebanese christian man instead (while her father threats to honor kill her for that).

I think they look typical syrian anyway.

rein
10-12-2018, 11:18 PM
i would agree, if people were to meet me while i was in the Caribbeans with a deep tan they'd intepret me wayyy differently than when i am untanned.

Naturally i am light brown, or light-caramel. when im tanned i become a deep medium dark caramel, and i can become even darker to a dark nougat color.

look for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/3qASAG7.png

^ tanned

https://i.imgur.com/Akn20V5.jpg

^ untanned (this is a less recent picture, along with the picture above. this was taken right after i got back from Aruba this year, the first is from last year)

Untanned you’re just nougat.
https://img.delicious.com.au/XF7LYJ_K/h506-w759-cfill/del/2017/11/pistachio-and-sour-cherry-nougat-56185-2.jpg

Levant15
10-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Also a note about pigmentation, remember that Syria is in the Middle East AKA a sunny climate unlike North America and Northwestern Europe, so people are more tan there even if originally they have white skin. So these pictures might not be 100% representative of the actual variation in pigmentation of Syrians (I for example get very tanned during summer but my original skin tone is very very white. So taking a picture of me tanned and suggesting it's my actual skin tone would be disingenuous).In my opinion all Levantines had a light skin thousands of years ago. They moved to a desert and became darker. That's why we see so much variation.
I know many people from my family who are born with white skin and light hair. As they grow up, they permanently tan and even hair becomes dark.
If you ever been to Arizona in the summer you'll see white people with Nordic features but dark skin. Those people won't be white forever. At one point you'll start seeing much variation. But I mean we already see that in Portuguese and Spanish people.

rein
10-12-2018, 11:39 PM
In my opinion all Levantines had a light skin thousands of years ago. They moved to a desert and became darker. That's why we see so much variation.
I know many people from my family who are born with white skin and light hair. As they grow up, they permanently tan and even hair becomes dark.
If you ever been to Arizona in the summer you'll see white people with Nordic features but dark skin. Those people won't be white forever. At one point you'll start seeing much variation. But I mean we already see that in Portuguese and Spanish people.

Didn’t you say you were slightly darker than people in your town though.

Leto
10-12-2018, 11:52 PM
In my opinion all Levantines had a light skin thousands of years ago. They moved to a desert and became darker. That's why we see so much variation.

Iberians are light skinned when they have no tan. Put them in Russian winter for a few weeks and you'll see. Actually in many parts of Iberia it's not colder than in parts of Syria.

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Middle eastern women avoid the sun, while meditteranian women are crazy about it. That is why middle eastern women in terms of skin color are actually lighter than southern euros.

Leto
10-12-2018, 11:56 PM

They look like they have a lot of camel jockey blood from Arabia. But you are absolutely correct, the vast majority of Syrians are darker than any group in Europe except Gypsies. You know, in Russia Armenians and Caucasians are considered 'black, black-assed' and Syria is even more southern, more Red Sea-influenced than them (not to mention a certain African influence).

kleenex
10-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Check her features they're exceptionally Arabid and/or Levantine. She really looks more like an Eastern shifted Ashkenazi Jew to me. She would never fit in the Eastern Aegean Islands. Pigmentation can be deceiving.

Alberta
10-12-2018, 11:59 PM
I guess she'd be a trophy wife in Syria with that (diss)pigmentation

Levant15
10-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Didn’t you say you were slightly darker than people in your town though.

Yes. Probably the darkest guy in my hometown. My friends used to call me abed and ask me to rap[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levant15
10-13-2018, 12:12 AM
I guess she'd be a trophy wife in Syria with that (diss)pigmentationI'll take those girls over her anytime of the year.

https://youtu.be/VcxLrIL4eKs

https://youtu.be/EuuRgNR1Fgg

Leto
10-13-2018, 12:19 AM
Alright, folks, the Syrians are gonna be fine as long as they have their White Führer :cool:

https://i2.wp.com/voiceofpeopletoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Terrorists-%E2%80%98fighting-for-Israel%E2%80%99-in-Syria-Syrian-President-Bashar-al-Assad.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1

Levant15
10-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Alright, folks, the Syrians are gonna be fine as long as they have their White Führer :cool:

https://i2.wp.com/voiceofpeopletoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Terrorists-%E2%80%98fighting-for-Israel%E2%80%99-in-Syria-Syrian-President-Bashar-al-Assad.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1Heil Führer..... But he will might be gone soon and be replaced some Iranian shah

Leto
10-13-2018, 12:23 AM
Heil Führer..... But he will might be gone soon and be replaced some Iranian shah

I hope that shah will be an aR1an. That would mean that MY people rule the country just like the Mitanni once did :lol:

rein
10-13-2018, 12:30 AM
They look like they have a lot of camel jockey blood from Arabia. But you are absolutely correct, the vast majority of Syrians are darker than any group in Europe except Gypsies. You know, in Russia Armenians and Caucasians are considered 'black, black-assed' and Syria is even more southern, more Red Sea-influenced than them (not to mention a certain African influence).

I thought Armenians were called hachi.

happycow
10-13-2018, 12:30 AM
I hope that shah will be an aR1an. That would mean that MY people rule the country just like the Mitanni once did :lol:

As long as Israel doesn't take over. lol

rein
10-13-2018, 12:31 AM

Greater Israel.

rein
Edit

Leto
I thought Armenians were called hachi.
Yes, but collectively all dark minorities and foreigners are 'blacks'.

Leto
10-13-2018, 12:32 AM
Juice will not replace them! :no:

rein
10-13-2018, 12:43 AM

R1thel for President!

Haider
10-13-2018, 12:45 AM
Yeah I remember a Syrian member posted his results and he was closest to Turkish.

Indeed. Which is a typical coastal or northern Sunni Arab Syrian result. Sunni Arabs from Aleppo are something like 90% Turkish/Anatolian genetically, while those from Latakia are 70% Turkish. Even Sunni Arabs from Damascus are still 50% Turkish. Sunni 'Arabs' from coastal and northern Syria are basically Ottoman/Turkish leftovers, while those from Eastern Syria are heavily Bedouins.

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Yes. Probably the darkest guy in my hometown. My friends used to call me abed and ask me to rap[emoji28]

But the average person looks like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your hometown?

Levant15
10-13-2018, 01:11 AM
What's your hometown?

A town near Bethlehem

https://maps.google.com/?q=%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AA+%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AD%D9%88%D8% B1&ftid=0x1503279b0a1d0f77:0x57c056f531a3e4cf

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 01:19 AM
A town near Bethlehem

https://maps.google.com/?q=%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AA+%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AD%D9%88%D8% B1&ftid=0x1503279b0a1d0f77:0x57c056f531a3e4cf

You're Greek Orthodox if I remember correctly?

Levant15
10-13-2018, 01:20 AM
You're Greek Orthodox if I remember correctly?Yes
It's something like 67% are Greek Orthodox, 17% were Sunni Muslim, 8% are Roman Catholic, 6% are Greek Catholic and 2% are Lutheran

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 01:29 AM
Yes
It's something like 67% are Greek Orthodox, 17% were Sunni Muslim, 8% are Roman Catholic, 6% are Greek Catholic and 2% are Lutheran

Are those Roman Catholics and Lutherans descendants of Greek Christians?

Levant15
10-13-2018, 01:51 AM
Are those Roman Catholics and Lutherans descendants of Greek Christians?You mean Greek Orthodox ? They could be. Although it's not common for anyone to convert out Orthodoxy or marry a non Orthodox. But recently it's becoming more acceptable. My sister got married to a Roman Catholic from Bethlehem but only after so much trouble and fighting. Since then the rest of my family are now married to Chaldean and White Americans. Our family back home are counting on me as their last hope lol.

I recall one of my relatives married a white girl back in the 90s and the whole family cut him off.

Hashoeva
10-13-2018, 02:05 AM
she looks like what she is. a syrian middle-eastern but with lighter features which is from a (very) distant european ancestor... who knows how.. could be so many possibilities. its funny and cool how genetics works. you can get a features from a distant ancestor or ancestors.

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 02:07 AM
You mean Greek Orthodox ? They could be. Although it's not common for anyone to convert out Orthodoxy or marry a non Orthodox. But recently it's becoming more acceptable. My sister got married to a Roman Catholic but after so much trouble and fighting. Since then the rest of my family are now married to Chaldean and White Americans. Our family back home are counting on me as their last hope lol.

I recall one of my relatives married a white girl back in the 90s and the whole family cut him off.

Yeah I mean like originally Greek Orthodox/Melkite Catholics. Wow that's pretty sad, I'm personally not that stressed over denominational differences but marrying White Americans or even Chaldeans must be quite difficult for the family. Damn when a MENA family cuts you off that's pretty tough.

Hashoeva
10-13-2018, 02:10 AM
I dont know why the European members are acting so surprised, Syrians have quite a high incidence of light features as do the Lebanese when it comes to skin colour especially. this is really bullshit. syrians and lebanese dont have a high incidence of light features. just because some photographers make photos of a few syrian kids with light features and people posting it saying " see look syrians are blond, this is how many syrians look like" lol.

http://www.undp.org/content/dam/rbec/img/Images%20blogs/Syrianrefugees_Freya.jpeg

Haider
10-13-2018, 02:20 AM
this is really bullshit. syrians and lebanese dont have a high incidence of light features. just because some photographers make photos of a few syrian kids with light features and people posting it saying " see look syrians are blond, this is how many syrians look like" lol.

http://www.undp.org/content/dam/rbec/img/Images%20blogs/Syrianrefugees_Freya.jpeg

Syrian, Lebanese etc are not ethnicities but nationalities. That is an ethnic Bedouin family from Deir ez-Zor in the Syrian desert. An ethnic Alawite from Latakia won't look like that for instance.

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 02:24 AM
this is really bullshit. syrians and lebanese dont have a high incidence of light features. just because some photographers make photos of a few syrian kids with light features and people posting it saying " see look syrians are blond, this is how many syrians look like" lol.

They do have a high incidence of light features compared to the other MENA poplations. It is not so extremely rare in places like Syria to see someone who looks like her.

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 02:28 AM
Syrian, Lebanese etc are not ethnicities but nationalities. That is an ethnic Bedouin family from Deir ez-Zor in the Syrian desert. An ethnic Alawite from Latakia won't look like that for instance.

Aren't the sedentary Sunni Arabs of Damascus, Homs and Aleppo genetically similar?

Levant15
10-13-2018, 02:41 AM
Yeah I mean like originally Greek Orthodox/Melkite Catholics. Wow that's pretty sad, I'm personally not that stressed over denominational differences but marrying White Americans or even Chaldeans must be quite difficult for the family. Damn when a MENA family cuts you off that's pretty tough.It's becoming more and more acceptable. Marrying other MENA Christians whether it's Assyrian, Copt, Lebanese or Jordanian was never a problem as long as they converted. We don't see ourselves as different from those populations.

Haider
10-13-2018, 02:46 AM
Aren't the sedentary Sunni Arabs of Damascus, Homs and Aleppo genetically similar?

Aleppine Arabs are mostly Turkish/Anatolian, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Arabized Kurds. Damascus due to its importance also has a great Ottoman input. Not sure about Homs, but I suppose the Sunni Arabs there would be similar to the ones on the coast, in-between Levant and Anatolia. A proof that Western and Northern Syrian Sunni Arabs are heavily Turkish inputed is that a Sunni Arab from Latakia plots close to Turks, while an Alawite from the same city or even Hatay will plot close to Lebanese Shiites and Druzes.

StonyArabia
10-13-2018, 03:19 AM
Aleppine Arabs are mostly Turkish/Anatolian, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Arabized Kurds. Damascus due to its importance also has a great Ottoman input. Not sure about Homs, but I suppose the Sunni Arabs there would be similar to the ones on the coast, in-between Levant and Anatolia. A proof that Western and Northern Syrian Sunni Arabs are heavily Turkish inputed is that a Sunni Arab from Latakia plots close to Turks, while an Alawite from the same city or even Hatay will plot close to Lebanese Shiites and Druzes.

True, but Syrians from near the Iraq border are the same as us and Jordanians being Northern Arabian/Bedouin origins.

StonyArabia
10-13-2018, 03:36 AM

The Barbary slave trade did not have any impact on the Levant, it had an impact however on the coastal areas of North Africa most likely. The Levant was mostly influenced by the Crusaders and Mamlukes in regards to European influence in the region, as well Muslim Balkanoids both mercenaries and migrants.

Nazarene
10-13-2018, 03:37 AM
It's becoming more and more acceptable. Marrying other MENA Christians whether it's Assyrian, Copt, Lebanese or Jordanian was never a problem as long as they converted. We don't see ourselves as different from those populations.

Yeah its kind of similar for us, but I think there is a reasonable preference to keep it between the Syriac churches.

Leto
10-13-2018, 11:18 AM
You mean Greek Orthodox ? They could be. Although it's not common for anyone to convert out Orthodoxy or marry a non Orthodox. But recently it's becoming more acceptable. My sister got married to a Roman Catholic from Bethlehem but only after so much trouble and fighting. Since then the rest of my family are now married to Chaldean and White Americans. Our family back home are counting on me as their last hope lol.

You can go for a Ukrainian, Romanian, Bulgarian or even Greek if there's no Orthodox Levantine.

A Syrian
10-13-2018, 11:21 AM
She looks pretty syrian tbh

Levant15
10-13-2018, 11:48 AM
You can go for a Ukrainian, Romanian, Bulgarian or even Greek if there's no Orthodox Levantine.Not common but yes. One of my best friends was half Greek. Greek is the most common because everyone goes to study there.

Marmara
10-13-2018, 11:50 AM

Many Turkmens also live in Aleppo region, but i don't think Aleppan Arabs have Turkish admixture, more like a shared ancestry with pre-Turkish Anatolians. Adana is technically already part of Levant and was inhabited by Arabs before Turkish invasion. Turk_Adana is more Levantine shifted than other Anatolians and many ethnic native Arabs already live there (a friend of mine is engaged with a native Alawite Arab from there, she is dark and Middle-Eastern looking)

I think it's the opposite, that Southeastern Turks and Syrian Turkmens are mixed with Arabs and makes them plot close to each other. My home province is next to Syria with many native Arabs. Many are also Bedouins. I also have some Arab ancestors from maternal side. My mom and some other relatives have the same freckled white skin and light eyes as her but with darker hair and smaller straight nose.

Marmara
10-13-2018, 11:53 AM
I also think Western Syrians look more Mediterranean and Eastern Syrians look more Iraqi/Arabid

happycow
10-13-2018, 07:08 PM
The Barbary slave trade did not have any impact on the Levant, it had an impact however on the coastal areas of North Africa most likely. The Levant was mostly influenced by the Crusaders and Mamlukes in regards to European influence in the region, as well Muslim Balkanoids both mercenaries and migrants.

I see. Thanks. Well I get a lot of North African too in my oracles so I thought that it could be a potential source as well.

StonyArabia
10-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Who cares, man? You don't even live in your homeland. And physically speaking, you are miles away from that girl.

All I am saying is we defended ourselves and hence why we stayed swarthy or brown, with black eyes and hair. Well those that could not defend themselves ended up slightly lighter with light features. Sometimes it was by consent but other times it was by force, which most often happened. Our dark features also help us to live in Desert climates. I have nicer nose than her lol

Leto
10-14-2018, 07:46 PM
She looks pretty syrian tbh
Is this man a typical Christian Syrian? He's lived in Russia for a decade, his wife is from Eastern Ukraine
@Levant15, please take a look too
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk_prs5nr3B/?taken-by=valentinazeadeh
Note that the girl has blue eyes and dark blonde hair.

Leto
10-14-2018, 07:50 PM
All I am saying is we defended ourselves and hence why we stayed swarthy or brown, with black eyes and hair. Well those that could not defend themselves ended up slightly lighter with light features. Sometimes it was by consent but other times it was by force, which most often happened. Our dark features also help us to live in Desert climates. I have nicer nose than her lol
The Levant is not the same as the Gulf countries. What do you mean by could not defend? They probably tried but subsequently fell to Islam.

Levant15
10-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Is this man a typical Christian Syrian? He's lived in Russia for a decade, his wife is from Eastern Ukraine
Note that the girl has blue eyes and dark blonde hair.He can pass as a Palestinian Christian easily.

I have two nephews who are half Pole. Both have golden blonde hair with blue eyes.

StonyArabia
10-14-2018, 10:35 PM
The Levant is not the same as the Gulf countries. What do you mean by could not defend? They probably tried but subsequently fell to Islam.

I meant we defended ourselves better against European invasions like the Romans, Byzantines, Crusaders, Anglo-Franco colonialism, and lastly the Anglo-American invasion. This why we are still brown or swarthy compared to other Levantines.

A Syrian
10-15-2018, 12:55 AM

Yea he pretty much looks like your typical christian syrian

Leto
10-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Yea he pretty much looks like your typical christian syrian
I thought they should be somewhat lighter. He is quite dark and doesn't look European at all.

A Syrian
10-15-2018, 11:44 AM
I thought they should be somewhat lighter. He is quite dark and doesn't look European at all.

Well Syrians have very middle eastern features and men in aaverage are that dark (they also tend to have a more golden skintone) but women are lighter in average (in a way "white") .

Levant15
10-15-2018, 04:01 PM
I thought they should be somewhat lighter. He is quite dark and doesn't look European at all.The word "typical" is tricky. Typical should be a range not one tone. If you look at any Levantine families, you will find differences in pigmentation within siblings.
So yes he's typical but his brother who's skin tone is beige or even white is also typical. Toppo and happycoware typical as well. The girl in this thread is an outliner. FYI in my grade school, there was 3 people who look like her out of 28 people in my grade.

Leto
10-15-2018, 05:49 PM
The word "typical" is tricky. Typical should be a range not one tone. If you look at any Levantine families, you will find differences in pigmentation within siblings.
So yes he's typical but his brother who's skin tone is beige or even white is also typical. Toppo and happycoware typical as well. The girl in this thread is an outliner. FYI in my grade school, there was 3 people who look like her out of 28 people in my grade.

I see. Did you go to school in Lebanon?
By the way, I haven't seen happycow.

rein
10-15-2018, 06:33 PM

Probably on a darker side of average. Many can also be light olive skinned.

Levant15
10-15-2018, 07:18 PM
The word "typical" is tricky. Typical should be a range not one tone. If you look at any Levantine families, you will find differences in pigmentation within siblings.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using TapatalkNo, Palestine. Never been to Lebanon.

Leto
10-15-2018, 07:20 PM
No, Palestine. Never been to Lebanon.

Sorry, I just imagine Palestine as a barely livable place.

Levant15
10-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Ops I quoted myself.
Sorry, I just imagine Palestine as a barely livable place.Economy sucks but in terms of education, many places are well kept up. Literacy rate in my hometown is 100%.

rein
10-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Ops I quoted myself.Economy sucks but in terms of education, many places are well kept up. Literacy rate in my hometown is 100%.

Small town too.

happycow
10-15-2018, 11:26 PM
I see. Did you go to school in Lebanon?
By the way, I haven't seen happycow.

i've posted my pic a few times for classification.

happycow
10-16-2018, 12:58 AM
Sorry, I just imagine Palestine as a barely livable place.

It's sad to say I've never been. My grandfather still lives there and considering the circumstances there he lives in a nice place and a pretty descent life. I'm just basing this off what I've been told and pictures I've seen.

Leto
03-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Does anyone have her Gedmatch? I'd like to see it.

dududud
03-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Looks like as ashkenazi weird face and cannot pass in France. A brunette Picard man is more european that she is, phenotypically and genetically speaking.

Monster of brown mena race.

Leto
03-22-2020, 04:31 PM
Looks like as ashkenazi weird face and cannot pass in France. A brunette Picard man is more european that she is, phenotypically and genetically speaking.

Monster of brown mena race.
She isn't brown at all, in fact you are much darker than her. You fit in Iberia, that is confirmed by Spanish people.

Corporate_Demolisher
07-20-2021, 02:49 PM
The difference is in frequency. In those countries they are something special because over 90% have dark hair, eyes and often skin, while in Europe and North America they are not, at least as long as white people are the majority there.

That's not particular to the Middle East though. In Greece also 90% of people have dark hair, dark eyes and tanned skin. A blonde haired blue eyed Greek would probably be more rare to find compared to a Syrian with the same features.