PDA

View Full Version : Sweden’s burning.

Jamt
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
STOCKHOLM: Arsonists destroyed three supermarkets in a city south of Stockholm and tried to attack a fourth in what may be an anti-American attack, Swedish police said Thursday.
Spokeswoman Kia Samrell said police have no suspect in the fires but are investigating whether an anti-American group was responsible. The Swedish security police said it is assisting on the case.
Samrell said more than 100 firefighters were called in to put out the fires overnight at supermarkets in Sodertalje. Three of the stores were destroyed while the fourth was not damaged. No one was injured.
The fires were in two large branches of Willys, and smaller Ica and Tempo stores. The supermarkets are all Swedish but sell American goods.
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/26/europe/EU-Sweden-Supermarket-Fires.php

The trade organizations of these businesses doubt the whole Global Intifada stuff and think it is competitors who want in on the business (the stores are owned and operated by ethnic Swedes). Some locals have expressed similar opinion online. Anyway Södertälje town has so many Middle East immigrants it hardly functions anymore. I pity the ethnic Swedes left there.

Hilding
02-27-2009, 07:41 AM
The trade organizations of these businesses doubt the whole Global Intifada stuff and think it is competitors who want in on the business (the stores are owned and operated by ethnic Swedes). Some locals have expressed similar opinion online. Anyway Södertälje town has so many Middle East immigrants it hardly functions anymore. I pity the ethnic Swedes left there.

Why would competitors burn down the buildings? The insurande company will obviously just pay up and the stores that are burnt down will only become new built and more attractive for the customers.
The fires are supposedly started by firebombs with timers in the potatoe chips section since potatoe chips burn easily. Sounds like leftists to me.

Ulf
02-27-2009, 08:56 AM
The fires are supposedly started by firebombs with timers in the potatoe chips section since potatoe chips burn easily.

I don't know what supermarkets are made out of in Sweden, but using potato chips as an accelerant sounds silly.

Why not near magazines or cooking oil?

Maybe I've said too much! :cool:

Hilding
02-28-2009, 07:11 AM
I don't know what supermarkets are made out of in Sweden, but using potato chips as an accelerant sounds silly.

Why not near magazines or cooking oil?

Maybe I've said too much! :cool:

Well apparently potatoe chips burn very easily since they're fried and the bags contain pretty much air. Magazines lies thick mostly and isn't so easily lit. It is also easy to hide a little box between the bags of chips you know.
I also believe that many stores in Sweden have their flammable fluids in fire proof rooms these days.

Groenewolf
02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Why would competitors burn down the buildings? The insurande company will obviously just pay up and the stores that are burnt down will only become new built and more attractive for the customers.

But in the case of arsons it could drive up the costs for insurance and security. So if the arsons are being repeated over and over again the shopholders whil decide to trow in the towel at the end.

Jamt
02-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Recently, before the fires, there was a storeowner in Södertälje who had local youth-gangs threatened his staff, scare away customers and shoplift till he was forced to throw in the towel. The new owner is Middle-Eastern and has no problems. It makes you wonder.

Hilding
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
But in the case of arsons it could drive up the costs for insurance and security. So if the arsons are being repeated over and over again the shopholders whil decide to trow in the towel at the end.

Yes that could be the case yet those stores that was burned is from the bigger chains you know. Thry'll just replace their buildings and open up anew I suppose.

Recently, before the fires, there was a storeowner in Södertälje who had local youth-gangs threatened his staff, scare away customers and shoplift till he was forced to throw in the towel. The new owner is Middle-Eastern and has no problems. It makes you wonder.

Södertälje is lost I believe, might even change the name to New Syria or something like that... Tragic!

Jamt
02-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Södertelje received more Iraqi refuges than whole of North America combined. Almost all of them BMW-driving, card-cheating, work-shy, orthodox-Christians.

SwordoftheVistula
03-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Some media here initially confused Sweden with Switzerland, and thought this was in retaliation to the demands on UBS (a Swiss bank) to turn over records to the American tax authorities :D

Groenewolf
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes that could be the case yet those stores that was burned is from the bigger chains you know. Thry'll just replace their buildings and open up anew I suppose.

Would you rebuild and reopen a shop that is running on a loss, thanks to these extra costs?

Hilding
03-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Would you rebuild and reopen a shop that is running on a loss, thanks to these extra costs?

Yes I would. The insurance company takes the biggest financial hit, the greatest loss is every day that the store isn't open, customers forget easily.

SwordoftheVistula
03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Yes I would. The insurance company takes the biggest financial hit, the greatest loss is every day that the store isn't open, customers forget easily.

But their insurance rates go up for having stores located in such areas.

Hilding
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
But their insurance rates go up for having stores located in such areas.

Probably but I'm pretty sure that they benefit from it still since they are the biggest names in Sweden.