PDA

View Full Version : Do males get more of the Father's DNA to manifest in test results?

Richmondbread
07-27-2018, 07:13 PM
Stupid question: Since obviously males carry the Y chromosome. Does the DNA test reflect more your father's ancestry if you are male? For my test results , it seems to reflect my father's ethnic background more than my mothers.
Any speculation on this?

TeutonicBoyars
07-27-2018, 09:53 PM
I heard you inherit slightly more of your mother's DNA, regardless of gender; whether that affects ethnicity tests, I don't know.

Richmondbread
07-28-2018, 02:40 AM
I heard you inherit slightly more of your mother's DNA, regardless of gender; whether that affects ethnicity tests, I don't know.

Yes mitochondrial DNA. But ethnicity wise, I was wondering if it's skewed towards the father. Especially if you are male. I don't know.

Congolese Rice
07-28-2018, 03:43 AM
Yes mitochondrial DNA. But ethnicity wise, I was wondering if it's skewed towards the father. Especially if you are male. I don't know.

nyooope.

my results are pred. european based, but only roughly half (45-54%) the rest goes to west asian/ north african, SSA, and amerind. so it makes sense if u inherit a bit more from ur mother

Papa
07-28-2018, 12:21 PM
I would like to know too. From what I've read and understood times ago, the DNA is likely genderfriendly, indeed. I could say that boys are getting more fatherly traits, precisely because they are boys...

Congolese Rice
07-28-2018, 12:23 PM
I would like to know too. From what I've read and understood times ago, the DNA is likely genderfriendly, indeed. I could say that boys are getting more fatherly traits, precisely because they are boys...

hahahha i have EXACTLY the opposite. everybody says i look way more like my mother in both features and pigment. im glad i do, fuck my dad lol

Papa
07-28-2018, 12:29 PM
hahahha i have EXACTLY the opposite. everybody says i look way more like my mother in both features and pigment. im glad i do, fuck my dad lol

You've seen my classification threads I think ? Do you feel I look more like my fata or mota ?

Congolese Rice
07-28-2018, 12:33 PM
You've seen my classification threads I think ? Do you feel I look more like my fata or mota ?

o-o i dont dare 2 comment mayn, can you PM me any random picture you have of yourself again? because i think i forgot or i never have seen ur classification threads haha ^^

Richmondbread
07-28-2018, 06:36 PM

Same here. I'm more like my mother, or mom's side of the family. I look almost nothing like my dad. Everyone assumes sons will be just like their fathers. It's usually not the case. Daughters can look like their fathers . They won't look like men, just have their father's face shape or features. DNA wise, I'm not sure. I know we get 50% from each parent but it's jumbled up like a cocktail. I seem to have inherited my dad's mothers Lithuanian showed up strong on the test. Whereas even though dad's father is almost all German, that was much less. I got my mom's British and Irish at almost 20%. Cherokee and Patawomeck didn't show up much on the test.

Papa
07-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Same here. I'm more like my mother, or mom's side of the family. I look almost nothing like my dad. Everyone assumes sons will be just like their fathers. It's usually not the case. Daughters can look like their fathers . They won't look like men, just have their father's face shape or features. DNA wise, I'm not sure. I know we get 50% from each parent but it's jumbled up like a cocktail. I seem to have inherited my dad's mothers Lithuanian showed up strong on the test. Whereas even though dad's father is almost all German, that was much less. I got my mom's British and Irish at almost 20%. Cherokee and Patawomeck didn't show up much on the test.

My sister got a more roundish face than me, closer to my mother. Maybe it is simply not a linear truth.

RenaRyuguu
10-21-2021, 04:04 AM
both maternal and paternal matters

Dick
10-21-2021, 04:51 AM
No, my father's results are different than mine

PlattitüdenPaule
10-21-2021, 05:19 AM
Might be a mixed batch, but could also be pretty much half half.
For example if I`d take a picture of me and put a filter over it to make it look like it was taken in the late 80`s and lay it beside a pic of my dad from that period, you wouldnt be able to tell who is who. He could have been my identical twin when he was my age (except for the hair colour, he`s a red head). On the other side my test results represent both my maternal and paternal line perfectly equal.