PDA

View Full Version : Autistic boy,12, with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

Groenewolf
03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369595/Jacob-Barnett-12-higher-IQ-Einstein-develops-theory-relativity.html)

A 12-year-old child prodigy has astounded university professors after grappling with some of the most advanced concepts in mathematics.

Jacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a PHD research role.

The boy wonder, who taught himself calculus, algebra, geometry and trigonometry in a week, is now tutoring fellow college classmates after hours.

Scroll down for video

Gifted: Jacob Barnett is so far ahead of his age group he is now leaving university he is developing his own theory on how the universe came into being

And now Jake has embarked on his most ambitious project yet - his own 'expanded version of Einstein's theory of relativity'.

His mother, not sure if her child was talking nonsense or genius, sent a video of his theory to the renowned Institute for Advanced Study near Princeton University.

(...)

Rest at the above link.

Heimmacht
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
It's his aspiration to develop a new relativity theory, they act like he already developed it,those americans make a fuzz about everything.

People with an IQ as high as this kid usually don't even know how to tie their own shoes ( are bad at the practical things in life just like Leonardo Davinci was), I hope the boy doesn't suffer too much from the downsides that asperger/and a high IQ brings with it, it's very hard to enjoy life with an IQ that high.

Groenewolf
03-29-2011, 04:22 PM
it's very hard to enjoy life with an IQ that high.[/B]

Define enjoy life.

He is probably doing the thing the loves already. So I presume he is enjoying life in his own way.

Himera
03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
No, it can be ...Every suffering has its own gift...

Heimmacht
03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Define enjoy life.

He is probably doing the thing the loves already. So I presume he is enjoying life in his own way.

Yes, untill he grows up.

SwordoftheVistula
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Why do such people never come from Africa? Can't figure it out

poiuytrewq0987
03-29-2011, 05:00 PM

:violin:

Bard
03-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Not bad, he does integration by parts with apparently no effort. I studied that stuff during my high school last year and I was not even good at it.

Adalwolf
03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
My neighbors son has high functioning autism. Once they find something they're interested in, it becomes their life obsession. I talk to him sometimes, and the kid knows just about everything you can imagine about Medieval history.

Murphy
03-29-2011, 06:56 PM
[B]It's his aspiration to develop a new relativity theory,

Well, seeing as there's been no new developments in the field of physics for well.. decades.. you've got to give the kid a hand for trying move it along a bit :P.

CelticTemplar
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM

Because us evil European imperialists oppressed them for so long.

Raskolnikov
03-29-2011, 07:35 PM
And it goes on like that.

I finally discovered out to get out of that retarded trap - don't play historistically. Tit-for-tat legalism will get you nowhere.

Ibericus
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
hmm..in the video he is just doing a simple integration by parts, for a 12 yo kid is impressive but it's not a theory of relativity like the title says..

Eldritch
03-29-2011, 11:12 PM
:chin:

There must some pharmacological and/or neurosurgical means of creating selective and focused autism in people.

We're fast approaching the limits of ordinary human understanding in some scientific fields anyway.

Zank, you there ?!?

mvbeleg
03-30-2011, 01:44 AM
he is just doing a simple integration by parts, for a 12 yo kid is impressive

If you watch carefully, he does more than implement the

$\int u dv=uv-\int v du$

algorithm.

At the beginning of the video, he actually proves indefinite integration by parts via the product rule for differentiation and then indefinitely integrating both sides of the equation. In my opinion, this level of mathematical thinking is typical of an average sophmore or junior math major in the USA.

Groenewolf
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Yes, untill he grows up.

The you are only young once statement? And what if he does not enjoy the kind of things people usually mean you should be doing when making such statements?

Pallantides
04-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Project overlord, let us plug him into the super computer.

Germanicus
04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I can gas weld left, or right handed, lets see him have hand eye co-ordination as good as that when he is my age....smug little git!....:)