PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Crime on the Rise in Helsinki

Eldritch
03-31-2011, 07:05 PM
http://yle.fi/ecepic/archive/00394/31_3_NEWS_FOREIGN_C_394798b.jpg

The number of crimes committed by foreigners has risen in the last ten years. Part of the rise is due to an increase in the number of foreigners in Finland, but the bigger reason is a more open border regime. The expansion of the Schengen area in particular has increased the number of crimes in which perpetrators spend only a few hours in Finland.

Every fifth crime in Helsinki is committed by foreigners. Estonians committed the most crimes of any national group, followed by Romanians, Russians and Somalis.

“A lot of Estonians work and live here, which is of course reflected in the figures,” says Detective Chief Inspector Juha Laaksonen of Helsinki Police.

After Estonians, crimes committed by Russians and Romanians are the most common. The number of crimes committed by Estonians and Romanians has multiplied many times in the last ten years. At the same time, the number of crimes committed by Russians has halved since the turn of the century.
Crimes committed by foreigners require police to co-operate with foreign agencies.

“We have close co-operation with the authorities and law enforcement agencies in Finland and in Estonia,” says Laaksonen.

YLE English News (http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2011/03/rise_in_crimes_committed_by_foreigners_2479006.htm l).

Motörhead Remember Me
04-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Karl!

What have you done?

Max
04-01-2011, 06:12 AM
I have a feeling somebody is gonna say that those Estonians are of Russian ethnicity :coffee:

The Ripper
04-01-2011, 07:23 AM
I have a feeling somebody is gonna say that those Estonians are of Russian ethnicity :coffee:

I also bet someone is going to say those Romanians are Roma. :angel

Motörhead Remember Me
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Needless to say, we already know that most of them are...

Motörhead Remember Me
04-01-2011, 10:00 AM
I also bet someone is going to say those Romanians are Roma. :angel

Silly you. They are all from Rome.

Don Brick
04-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I wonder if Karl is the mobster boss behind all of this, teh big daddy himself. ;)

Max
04-01-2011, 11:22 PM
http://yle.fi/ecepic/archive/00394/31_3_NEWS_FOREIGN_C_394798b.jpg

The number of crimes committed by foreigners has risen in the last ten years. Part of the rise is due to an increase in the number of foreigners in Finland, but the bigger reason is a more open border regime. The expansion of the Schengen area in particular has increased the number of crimes in which perpetrators spend only a few hours in Finland.

Every fifth crime in Helsinki is committed by foreigners. Estonians committed the most crimes of any national group, followed by Romanians, Russians and Somalis.

“A lot of Estonians work and live here, which is of course reflected in the figures,” says Detective Chief Inspector Juha Laaksonen of Helsinki Police.

After Estonians, crimes committed by Russians and Romanians are the most common. The number of crimes committed by Estonians and Romanians has multiplied many times in the last ten years. At the same time, the number of crimes committed by Russians has halved since the turn of the century.
Crimes committed by foreigners require police to co-operate with foreign agencies.

“We have close co-operation with the authorities and law enforcement agencies in Finland and in Estonia,” says Laaksonen.

YLE English News (http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2011/03/rise_in_crimes_committed_by_foreigners_2479006.htm l).

I thought Esonians were a kind/peaceful people :eusa_doh: O btw are these violent crimes?

Motörhead Remember Me
04-02-2011, 07:38 PM
I thought Esonians were a kind/peaceful people :eusa_doh: O btw are these violent crimes?

“A lot of Estonians work and live here, which is of course reflected in the figures,” says Big Sheriff.

All sorts of crimes are registered. I would assume that 85% are theft and shoplifting/burglary/prostitution/drugrelated. Violent crime in Finland is still handled mostly by ourselves (Rami is drunk and stabs Keke).

Aino
04-03-2011, 06:41 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the crimes committed by foreigners are mostly traffic violations.

Loki
04-03-2011, 07:05 AM
The conjecture I make here is that the Estonians in Finland are mostly of non-Russian ethnicity ... because of the language. Native Estonians could learn Finnish more easily? From what I've heard, many Estonians of Russian ethnicity can't even speak Estonian properly.

Äike
04-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I wonder if Karl is the mobster boss behind all of this, teh big daddy himself. ;)

That's right, I export Russians with Estonian citizenship, from Tallinn to Helsinki to break into homes and shoplift from the stores. They get 5% of the profit, I get 95% of the profit and I can walk around in a safer Tallinn that has less Russians. ;)

I remember reading somewhere that the crimes committed by foreigners are mostly traffic violations.

I have heard from some people that if you have an Estonian license plate, then you will get pulled over by the police several times a month.

Äike
04-03-2011, 12:47 PM
From what I've heard, many Estonians of Russian ethnicity can't even speak Estonian properly.

That's because they are privileged in Estonia and have more rights than we do. They do not have to speak Estonian to get around in their daily life. They can speak Russian in the store, as all the cashiers are Russian and also at their workplace there's a high change that most of the workers are Russian(that usually happens at low-paying jobs).

In Finland the situation is different, they have to speak Finnish, otherwise they cannot get any job.

An Estonian couldn't get a job in the crime capital/HIV capital of Estonia, Narva(94% Russian), if he doesn't speak Russian.

As our president has said, Russians living in Estonia have a considerably better life than the Russians living in Russia. If anyone states anything else, then he is a hypocrite.

Peerkons
04-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Karl, any comments about this? :)
Doubt if they all are russians. I think that Finnish police is smart enought to distinguish russians from Estonians. lōl
You can lie to us but not to yourself.

Äike
04-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Karl, any comments about this? :)

All the right comments were already made before I posted in this thread.

Doubt if they all are russians. I think that Finnish police is smart enought to distinguish russians from Estonians. lōl

Estonians in statistics - Everyone with Estonian citizenship

There's also a Russian minority(straight from Russia) in Finland, they are called Russians.

By the way, the majority of car thefts in Estonia are done by Lithuanians/Balts. As you are a Latvian, any comments about this?

EWtt
04-03-2011, 01:03 PM

All of them surely aren't Russians, "most of them" is already a more likely case. I've heard many prison guards in Finland go to Russian language courses, I haven't heard of them massively having Estonian language courses there.

If the Russians have an Estonian citizenship, they will often be regarded as "Estonians" or "from Estonia" in the statistics. I have on many occasions seen the foreign press terming someone committing a crime abroad an Estonian, no matter if they're actually some Vladimir or Igor who can barely speak a word of Estonian.

The Ripper
04-03-2011, 01:10 PM
While you may well be correct, EWtt, I'd like to point out that Estonians in Finland are usually expected to understand Finnish, much more so than Russians, which may explain the lack of Estonian language courses.

Don
04-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Must be their scandinavian viking blood impetus.

EWtt
04-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Must be their scandinavian viking blood impetus.

The Víkingr frá Esthland sure managed to upset the Swedes, Danes and Northern Germans to the extent that they had a whole crusade against us. :p

Finns should check whether those Estonians are mainly from Saaremaa by any chance...

Äike
04-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Yes, we are usually quite calm/cold people, but Russians named Maksim who have Estonian citizenship, aren't like us.

Motörhead Remember Me
04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I have heard from some people that if you have an Estonian license plate, then you will get pulled over by the police several times a month.

One reason for this is to check if the car owner is registered as having residence in Finland or Estonia. If you have lived in Finland for the past three to five years but still drive a car registered in Estonia it's tax evasion.
If I remember correctly.

Matuo
04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
:D

An Estonian criminal in Helsinki: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyw8s7UyRU&feature=related

Äike
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
:D

An Estonian criminal in Helsinki: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyw8s7UyRU&feature=related

He isn't a criminal, he was protesting against corruption in Finland.

Finnish people bought berries and mushrooms from Estonia and sold it in Finland with huge profits ( 200-500%).
Whilst Estonian berries and mushrooms were with really good quality, the finns said that those berries/mushrooms are from Finland- so they could earn even bigger profit. Estonians have been trying for decades to sell their products directly to consumer and avoid Intermediaries. But because of the corruption on a bigger level it has been impossible. People have been trying to point out that seller´s on a market are cheating them- they are selling berries from different countries and claiming that its origin is Finland and also they are selling berries with litres ( but it should be gramms or kilogramms).

By the way, could you change your meta-ethnicity from "Finno-Ugric and Baltic" to "Ob-Ugric and Baltic"?

"Finno-Ugric" is as misleading as "Indo-European". If someone is Finno-Ugric, then he could be a blond and blue eyed Estonian, or a something completely different/Siberian influenced like a Khanty. The same applies to the Indo-Europeans, an Indo-European could be a nice looking stereotypical German girl from Bavaria, or an Indo-Aryan Gypsy living in a slum.

The thing is, if you were Finnic, like I and the Finns on this board, then you wouldn't make hostile posts towards us.

The Ripper
04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Estonian and Latvian trolling on the rise in the the Finnish sub forum.

Äike
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Estonian and Latvian trolling on the rise in the the Finnish sub forum.

Minä en ole troll, huomauttaa osat minun postitus että näüttää vääriä.

Vain latvialaiset on trollit.

Motörhead Remember Me
04-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Minä en ole troll, huomauttaa osat minun postitus että näüttää vääriä.

Vain latvialaiset on trollit.

No, no... Ingliisi entryt, pliis.;)

Äike
04-06-2011, 03:30 PM
No, no... Ingliisi entryt, pliis.;)

I just cannot grasp the idea how anyone could consider me or my posts, trollish.

Matuo
04-06-2011, 07:39 PM
LOL @ you, Jäärapää.

Take my post easier.

Talvi
04-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I once crossed the road with a red light in Helsinki. The Finns were not happy. Some dude yelled at me from a car. :(

Moonbird
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
I once crossed the road with a red light in Helsinki. The Finns were not happy. Some dude yelled at my from a car. :(

Did they know you were Estonian?

Talvi
04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Did they know you were Estonian?

No.
But I still contributed to crime in Finland :D

Eldritch
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Amazing how the Helsinki market square kanttarellikommando (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23937) came up in this thread.

Protesting is one thing. Shooting yourself in the foot is another.

Äike
04-07-2011, 06:41 PM
LOL @ you, Jäärapää.

Take my post easier.

I dislike trollish posts.

Motörhead Remember Me
04-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I once crossed the road with a red light in Helsinki. The Finns were not happy. Some dude yelled at me from a car. :(

Same dude would probably not let a child pass safely over a crossroad.