PDA

View Full Version : Map of European Phenotypes

Peterski
08-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Seems quite accurate for Poland (based on responses to classification threads I started), but there should be Nordid in Poland too, and Dinarid should extend much further north in Poland than it claims:

https://i.imgur.com/hPMSnow.jpg

Also, there definitely should be some Baltid in Northern and Eastern Germany.

MEDACHE
08-08-2018, 03:11 PM
You should post an IQ map of Europe too. I'm sure Poland falls within the 60-70 range.

Livin
08-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Northern EU is mostly cromanoid subtypes not pure nordics!

Anyway the map is not far away from reality.

Peterski
08-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Northern EU is mostly cromanoid subtypes not pure nordics!

You have "Borreby" there. That's something CM-related IIRC.

alnortedelsur
08-08-2018, 03:24 PM
According to this crappy map, nearly all Spain and Portugal are as much ubber Mediterranean as southernmost Italian provinces and southernmost Greek regions. BULLSHIT!

Vojnik
08-08-2018, 03:28 PM
You should post an IQ map of Europe too. I'm sure Poland falls within the 60-70 range.

Nope. Poland is actually pretty good. In fact, no country in Europe is in that range.

https://jakubmarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/iq-europe.jpg

Vojnik
08-08-2018, 03:29 PM
According to this crappy map, nearly all Spain and Portugal are as much ubber Mediterranean as southernmost Italian provinces and southernmost Greek regions. BULLSHIT!

It's the average phenotype though isn't it?

Plus, in Spain and Portugal it's mostly Atlanto Mediteranid as opposed to Greece which is mostly East Mediteranid/Ponto med. Maybe it should be distinguished between the different types of med.

MEDACHE
08-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Nope. Poland is actually pretty good. In fact, no country in Europe is in that range.

https://jakubmarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/iq-europe.jpg

Well his stupidity could have fooled anyone

alnortedelsur
08-08-2018, 03:32 PM

I don't think most of Spain/Portugal are at the same level, pigmentation-wise, as the southernmost Italian provinces and southernmost Greek regions. No way Central Italians and most continental Greeks are lighter than most Spaniards/Portuguese.

This talking about averages.

Vojnik
08-08-2018, 03:34 PM
I don't think most of Spain/Portugal are at the same level, pigmentation-wise, as the southernmost Italian provinces and southernmost Greek regions. No way Central Italians and most continental Greeks are lighter than most Spaniards/Portuguese.

This talking about averages.

Come on man. This map is about phenotype. Obviously it's more then shades of pigmentation.

Krivich
08-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Seems quite accurate for Poland
Of which ass did you take that map from ?

Peterski
08-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Found it in "Controversial Maps" thread on Anthroscape. :)

Knight Slayer
08-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Looks good but I think Dinaric should extend further into Ukraine.

Norb
08-08-2018, 03:56 PM
England is wrong there are no Nordids here

alnortedelsur
08-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Come on man. This map is about phenotype. Obviously it's more then shades of pigmentation.

Even if it is about phenotypes, the map is assuming most Spaniards/Portuguese as being on the same level of Mediterraneanes (whatever it is) with southernmost Italians and southernmost Greeks, which goes by hand in stereotyping them as the most "ubber-med" southern Europeans, along with Cypriots :picard1:

Nothing wrong with being med, but I wonder why according to that map most Spaniards/Portuguese (being Iberia a big peninsula) are supposed to be more "Meddish" compared to most Italians and most Greeks.

I'm sure that whoever made that map also thinks that most Central Italians and most continental Greeks are more "mainstream Euro looking" than most Spaniards/Portuguese. Very funny.

Knight Slayer
08-08-2018, 04:18 PM

What are they then?

Norb
08-08-2018, 04:26 PM
What are they then?
hiding in Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark and Germany

Gründig
08-08-2018, 04:28 PM

You want dicks in your ass?

Vojnik
08-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Keltic Nordic.

Lauχum
08-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Even if it is about phenotypes, the map is assuming most Spaniards/Portuguese as being on the same level of Mediterraneanes (whatever it is) with southernmost Italians and southernmost Greeks, which goes by hand in stereotyping them as the most "ubber-med" southern Europeans, along with Cypriots :picard1:

Nothing wrong with being med, but I wonder why according to that map most Spaniards/Portuguese (being Iberia a big peninsula) are supposed to be more "Meddish" compared to most Italians and most Greeks.

I'm sure that whoever made that map also thinks that most Central Italians and most continental Greeks are more "mainstream Euro looking" than most Spaniards/Portuguese. Very funny.

The map doesn't differentiate between different types of Mediterranean. Iberia isn't just Gracile-Med much (perhaps even moreso than Gracile Med) of the population consists of the taller and more robust Atlanto-Med type. Whilst in Southern Italy its primarily Gracile-Med with not a lot of Atlanto-Med. Same goes with Greece being primarily Pontid and lacking this type. So yeah the map overgeneralises Mediterranean and makes it appear like Iberians are phenotypically closest to Southern Italians and Greeks, which isn't actually the case.

Tooting Carmen
08-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Interesting map.

Tietar
08-08-2018, 06:09 PM
Spanish has nothing to do with usual meds hook-nosed, semi-slanted eyes, and olive skin

That map is bullshit

Norb
08-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Keltic Nordic.

Nordid proper

Lauχum
08-09-2018, 02:18 AM
Spanish has nothing to do with usual meds hook-nosed, semi-slanted eyes, and olive skin

That map is bullshit

Med types generally aren't hooked nose and they aren't slant eyed. Take a look at these images:

^^Do you not think such looks are typical for Spain?

Sikeliot
08-09-2018, 02:21 AM
I don't agree with putting Iberia and southern France in the same group as southern Italy, Cyprus, etc.

I don't see as large of a difference between Peloponnesians and Iberians but southern France should not be in this grouping.

Lauχum
08-09-2018, 02:35 AM
I don't agree with putting Iberia and southern France in the same group as southern Italy, Cyprus, etc.

I don't see as large of a difference between Peloponnesians and Iberians but southern France should not be in this grouping.

Indeed, the main issue was they didn't differentiate between the various med types and excluded types such as Armenoid which would have a significant presence in Cyprus and to a lesser extent parts of Greece and Southern Italy. If these factors were accounted for Iberians wouldn't be grouped with Southern Italians and Greeks.

Sikeliot
08-09-2018, 02:43 AM
Indeed, the main issue was they didn't differentiate between the various med types and excluded types such as Armenoid which would have a significant presence in Cyprus and to a lesser extent parts of Greece and Southern Italy. If these factors were accounted for Iberians wouldn't be grouped with Southern Italians and Greeks.

I don't even think most mainland Greeks should be grouped with south Italy, let alone Iberia.

I think Italy should be split up more personally, with there being a Peloponnese-Abruzzo-Apulia-southcentral Italy grouping, then the Aegean islands, Calabria/Campania, Cyprus, and Malta in their own group, and then Iberia and Sardinia together with south France. The rest of Greece should go with Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia and Albania.

Ülev
09-08-2019, 09:31 AM
bump

chociprasa
09-08-2019, 09:38 AM
I’d say that we’re more Faelid than Borreby on average, CM-wise.

Laag
03-21-2020, 08:08 AM
Good map. Only Volgid and "Uralid" are the same thing.

Zeno
03-21-2020, 08:35 AM
Pretty accurate. I have to add that for Greece, the main Mediterranean type is Pontid (my type) and Atlanto-Med. And I would extend the area of Alpine+Mediterranean in all the northern half. It's talking about primary phenotypes, doesn't it?

brennus dux gallorum
03-21-2020, 09:24 AM

Plus, in Spain and Portugal it's mostly Atlanto Mediteranid as opposed to Greece which is mostly East Mediteranid/Ponto med. Maybe it should be distinguished between the different types of med.

Pontid is more common in northern regions, especially eastern thessaly and Macedonia, as western thessaly and epirus are mostly alpine and dinarid.

In south it's more of a mix of gracile, pontid and atlantomed, meanwhile eastern med (sometimes with gracile imput) dominates almost only the southernmost islands

The map is 90% accurate for southern Europe, plus atlantomed is dominant only in northern Spain

But i am not sure how accurate is for the rest of Europe

JamesBond007
03-21-2020, 09:37 AM
So according to the map Atlantids of all kinds are a British thing ?

Östsvensk
03-21-2020, 09:47 AM
Finnish people are all East Baltic, as Günther concluded in The Racial Elements of European History:

"The Finnish people, speaking a Finnish-Ugrian language, is predominantly Nordic in the south-west and south of Finland, where, however, a Swedish-speaking upper class of predominantly Nordic race is strongly represented; as we go north and east the Nordic blood dies away and predominantly East Baltic districts begin."

"Within the Esthonian and Livonian peoples, therefore, and above all in the Finnish people, the phenomenon is often seen of a Nordic man speaking a Finnish-Ugrian language. On the other hand, Russian, that is an Indo-European tongue, is spoken by many of the East Baltics, and by men who belong by blood more to Asia than to Europe. Race and language must be very sharply kept apart in Eastern Europe."

Lemminkäinen
03-21-2020, 10:03 AM
Baltid+Nordid seems to cover the root of Baltic Finns, East Baltid the root of Saami people and Lappid+Nordid+East-Baltid the formation of present-day Saamis, including the Saami root, Scandinavians and alleged North Scandinavians who spoke proven, but already extinct language.

Östsvensk
03-21-2020, 01:01 PM
Baltid+Nordid seems to cover the root of Baltic Finns, East Baltid the root of Saami people and Lappid+Nordid+East-Baltid the formation of present-day Saamis, including the Saami root, Scandinavians and alleged North Scandinavians who spoke proven, but already extinct language.

Mix of East Baltic and Nordic according to Coon.

"Within any random Finnish gathering, it is possible to pick out Nordic individuals of ordinary Iron Age type, as well as broad-faced, snub-nosed individuals who are exaggeratedly East Baltic."

- The Races of Europe, 1939, pp. 359

Lemminkäinen
03-21-2020, 01:30 PM
Mix of East Baltic and Nordic according to Coon.

"Within any random Finnish gathering, it is possible to pick out Nordic individuals of ordinary Iron Age type, as well as broad-faced, snub-nosed individuals who are exaggeratedly East Baltic."

- The Races of Europe, 1939, pp. 359

My opinion refers to ages around 2000 years ago and is based on present-day science, i.e. history, genetics and linguistics. For example East Finland was not populated by Finns 2000 ybp. Linguists presume that the Finns, in a linguistic meaning of course, came from Estonia, Baltic Finns lived in present-day Latvia, Saamis lived in South and East Finland, were pushed to north and brought the Saami language to Lapland and linguists have find foreign loan words in Saami pointing out to a former unknown language. Coon is not a mentioned man today.

coolfrenchguy
04-22-2020, 03:17 AM
does there a phenotype name for : the blonde blue eyed girls with high prononced cheekbones and small fine snub/celestial/Button nose and of course it cuteness
it's widely spreaded in northern germany/fenno-scandinavia/baltic states/even in the anglo countries like geri halliwell (her sister at the left,yes hard to know it) even shifted by very far but still very branded even with an spaniard mom and an anglo-danish dad,she looks very scandinavian,i would to know does you find this kind of phenotypes aside and amid other european countries like northern poland in pomerania or around the baltic sea,some northen dutchie girls look like this too ,but a bit more borreby shifted,to my eyes it's the genuine "viking" phenotype,myself i have a bit a snub nose at a small level,did you consider her as borreby?,it's really the face ratio than i like
http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/08/08/nathalie-jennings.jpg

Ülev
12-13-2020, 07:17 PM
Seems quite accurate for Poland (based on responses to classification threads I started), but there should be Nordid in Poland too, and Dinarid should extend much further north in Poland than it claims:

https://i.imgur.com/hPMSnow.jpg

no, it's ok as it is now

JamesBond007
12-13-2020, 07:36 PM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/hPMSnow.jpg[/img[

Aye, mate alright ? The map seems bloody good enough especially for the West. Maybe, I'm biased because my phenotype is Nordid+Med and that is what the British isles are designated as :P I don't think so, though, since I'm not a berk or wanker it should be common sense that Germany is Nordid+Alpine etc... while Britain is Nordid + Med in contrast even if it is an oversimplification.

Damião de Góis
12-13-2020, 09:13 PM
Probably has been made by an eastern european. It's much more detailed in eastern europe and over simplified in the west.

travv
12-13-2020, 09:13 PM
For VUR pretty accurate.

black hole
10-21-2022, 12:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/bzmQKnBk/map-showing-the-distribution-of-white-race-in-1920-from-the-rising-KWD7-WT.jpg

Russki
10-21-2022, 12:24 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/bzmQKnBk/map-showing-the-distribution-of-white-race-in-1920-from-the-rising-KWD7-WT.jpg

I love Madison Grant style maps when brachycephalic countries like Lithuania become Nordic, while we get to be Alpines.

https://i.imgur.com/SB5YBiq.jpg

black hole
10-21-2022, 12:52 PM
I kinda agree.

Look at this.

https://i.postimg.cc/bNyWNkq8/3europhenotypes.png

Nordic people (Northern Europe, NW Europe, NE Europe, Canada, USA, Australia)

Scientists, doctors, engineers

Med (South Europe, West Asia, North Africa, South America)

Artists, entertainers, traders

Alpine (Central Europe, East Europe, Siberia, Central Asia)

Peasants, chef cooks, manual labors

Tooting Carmen
10-21-2022, 12:54 PM
I kinda agree.

Look at this.

The Med example looks Mestizo.

renaissance12
10-21-2022, 12:58 PM
I kinda agree.

Look at this.

In which period ? The last 1000 years or 2000 years ?... Everybody knows that scandinavia was the most primitive ( almost no engineers scientist musician artists writers.. ect ect ) area in the continent till XVIII century...

Dimitri159
10-09-2023, 11:22 PM
Med types generally aren't hooked nose and they aren't slant eyed. Take a look at these images:

^^Do you not think such looks are typical for Spain?

There is technically no specific nose shape for Mediterraneans, at least by textbook standards. Mediterranean is simply a cranial shape. No legitimate anthropologist really went over nose shapes for phenotypes, these are more modern observations.

The more we observe, we can see that plenty of Mediterraneans have hook noses without necessarily having any Dinarid or Armenoid influences.

Dimitri159
10-09-2023, 11:28 PM

I agree. I generally see a highly noticeable difference between Spanish faces and Greek/Italian faces. Greek/Italian faces look more aquiline. Spanish faces not so much.

There is somewhat of a British vibe I get with Spanish people. They are basically just tanned Brits.

When I think of a ‘wog’, a Spaniard never comes to mind. It’s always an overweight, wavy-haired Greek or Sicilian with a big nose and thick mustache. When I think of a Spaniard, I think of Antonio Banderas.

Dimitri159
10-09-2023, 11:46 PM
Pretty accurate. I have to add that for Greece, the main Mediterranean type is Pontid (my type) and Atlanto-Med. And I would extend the area of Alpine+Mediterranean in all the northern half. It's talking about primary phenotypes, doesn't it?

Alpine is common all throughout the mainland, and Dinarid too. Usually they are mixed with Mediterranean.