PDA

View Full Version : Classify Cretan Greek- look very different from that of mainland Greece.

Voskos
08-13-2018, 06:39 PM
https://www.timesnews.gr/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/maxresdefault-8.jpg
https://i1.wp.com/www.cretans.gr/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/KostasMountakis.jpg

Tauromachos
08-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Costas Mountakis

Lived in Rethymno most of his life i think but was originaly from Kalikratis in Sfakia"West Crete"

CommonSense
08-13-2018, 06:43 PM
A robust Med type, not sure which one though.

Coolguy1
08-13-2018, 06:44 PM
Looks berid?

Kivan
08-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Med + Berid.

Columella
08-13-2018, 09:00 PM
“Coarse” Med. looks like Old school Sicilians in vintage photos.

Tauromachos
08-13-2018, 09:03 PM

He has origins from Sfakia in West Crete the place of Crete where the people are considered descendants of Dorian population of Crete

Truthbetold
08-13-2018, 09:03 PM
If he was from iraq everyone would tell "looks Saddam-oid" :)

cyberlorian
08-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Berid.

Tauromachos
08-13-2018, 09:11 PM
If he was from iraq everyone would tell "looks Saddam-oid" :)

You have some point lol

Cretans often have some sort of Sadam vibe,especially the oldskool type Cretans in black and white photos with moustaches and traditional
clothes.

Cretans are known and famous among Greeks for both by the way,Military Austerity and warlike,headstrong character but also for their excessive feasts with drinking,plenty of food,wild
dancing and for their hospitality and generosity to guests at the same time

Odin
08-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Coarse-Med.

Sikeliot
08-15-2018, 09:12 PM

I was about to say the same. Med-Berid as classification also.

Tauromachos
08-15-2018, 09:15 PM
I was about to say the same. Med-Berid as classification also.

His origins are Sfakiot"West Cretan" by the way

So far as for West Cretans looking always more like Germans and Irish than like South Italians what you also often claimed

Teucer
08-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Smooth-Med when clean shaven

Sikeliot
08-15-2018, 09:18 PM
His origins are Sfakiot"West Cretan" by the way

So far as for West Cretans looking always more like Germans and Irish than like South Italians what you also often claimed

When did I say western Crete looked more Irish or German than like southern Italians. That doesn't even make sense.

Tauromachos
08-15-2018, 09:20 PM
When did I say western Crete looked more Irish or German than like southern Italians. That doesn't even make sense.

You often said that they are Northern shifted compared to Sicily and Rest of Crete

And when someone did a photo thread about Sfakiots because some of them are/were blond you claimed they look German or
Central European

Sikeliot
08-15-2018, 09:21 PM
You often said that they are Northern shifted compared to Sicily and Rest of Crete

This is true.

HOWEVER it does not mean they look more Irish or German than southern Italian and it absolutely still does not mean they are more "northern" than mainland Greeks.

Tauromachos
08-15-2018, 09:25 PM
This is true.
HOWEVER it does not mean they look more Irish or German than southern Italian

+1

and it absolutely still does not mean they are more "northern" than mainland Greeks.

Please don't mention Mainland Greece everytime :picard2:

I didn't say anything about Mainland Greece in my previous post i talked exclusivly about West Crete compared to Sicily and Rest of Crete

Why do you bring always in Mainland Greece in discussions where this is totally irrelevant or has nothing to do with?

Sikeliot
08-15-2018, 09:28 PM
+1

Please don't mention Mainland Greece everytime :picard2:

I didn't say anything about Mainland Greece in my previous post i talked exclusivly about West Crete compared to Sicily and Rest of Crete

Why do you bring always in Mainland Greece in discussions were this is totally irrelevant or has nothing to do with?

My answer is the same; western Crete is slightly lighter than Sicily or eastern Crete. My reason for comparing to the mainland is to shut down your claim that this somehow means I am comparing them to Germans and Irish.

Tauromachos
08-15-2018, 09:35 PM
My answer is the same; western Crete is slightly lighter eastern Crete.

This is correct

Eastern Crete is also the part of Crete where todays people are genetically most similar to the Ancient Minoans

If you would have read any of the articles i posted here and there on the subject instead of posting reading only your gedmatch,k13,myheritage garbage you would have known this ;)

East Cretans are today the people most similar to ancient Minoans neither Sicilians,Turks,Jews are anyone else is

The Center of Minoan Civilisation was in Crete not Sicily or Levant hence the closest population to Minoans among todays
people would be some of the populations of Crete and it is East Cretans

My reason for comparing to the mainland is to shut down your claim that this somehow means I am comparing them to Germans and Irish.

????