PDA

View Full Version : Classify Megleno-Vlach

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 12:23 PM
4:36 - 4:56 https://youtu.be/Dwx2LkDrAVU?t=4m36s

Nurzat
08-15-2018, 12:32 PM
wow, what he speaks is intelligible to a Romanian speaker. didn't expect there are still speakers of that. interesting they had never lived close to Romania, but then Romanian language did come from south of the Danube with Vlachs, so I am only surprised there are still Latin speakers in the Balkans, with no Latin language schooling and such. I look at how fast my community, native Ukrainians of Romania, gets Romanianized, and we even have some schooling in Ukrainian, lol

CommonSense
08-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Too old to properly classify, but he seems to be Alpine + Norid

Agyullámtörő
08-15-2018, 12:35 PM
4:36 - 4:56 https://youtu.be/Dwx2LkDrAVU?t=4m36s

Dinarid dacian type

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 12:40 PM
wow, what he speaks is intelligible to a Romanian speaker. didn't expect there are still speakers of that. interesting they had never lived close to Romania, but then Romanian language did come from south of the Danube with Vlachs, so I am only surprised there are still Latin speakers in the Balkans, with no Latin language schooling and such. I look at how fast my community, native Ukrainians of Romania, gets Romanianized, and we even have some schooling in Ukrainian, lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megleno-Romanians

Only relatively numerous Latin speakers today in the Balkans are Aromanians. Istro-Romanian (Ćići) and Megleno-Vlachs are very few in number. Istro-Romanians are croatized, only 20-30 people still speak Istro-Romanian language.
Megleno-Romanians is recent created term. They always call themselves just Vlachs. They are only Latin speaking Balkanites which always call themselves Vlachs. Aromanians never call themselves Vlachs, but Rrâmani and Armâni.
Megleno-Vlachs and Aromanians never recognized each other as same nation. Megleno-Vlachs were always farmers, and Aromanians sheperds and merchants.

Do you understand this language?
I heard that Megleno-Vlach language and Romanian are more similar than Aromanian and Romanian.

Nurzat
08-15-2018, 12:59 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megleno-Romanians

Only relatively numerous Latin speakers today in the Balkans are Aromanians. Istro-Romanian (Ćići) and Megleno-Vlachs are very few in number. Istro-Romanians are croatized, only 20-30 people still speak Istro-Romanian language.
Megleno-Romanians is recent created term. They always call themselves just Vlachs. They are only Latin speaking Balkanites which always call themselves Vlachs. Aromanians never call themselves Vlachs, but Rrâmani and Armâni.
Megleno-Vlachs and Aromanians never recognized each other as same nation. Megleno-Vlachs were always farmers, and Aromanians sheperds and merchants.

Do you understand this language?
I heard that Megleno-Vlach language and Romanian are more similar than Aromanian and Romanian.

I also understand Aromanian. it's not like different languages, they have a fucked up pronunciation but if you are good at languages you get to understand most of it with native Romanian. of course, it's not to 100%, but sometimes you're not to 100% intelligibility with normal dialects of your country either..

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 01:03 PM
I also understand Aromanian. it's not like different languages, they have a fucked up pronunciation but if you are good at languages you get to understand most of it with native Romanian. of course, it's not to 100%, but sometimes you're not to 100% intelligibility with normal dialects of your country either..

What about this Aromanian dialect from Andon Poci (southern Albania)? To me sounds different from Romanian language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh9hePNiPfg

Nurzat
08-15-2018, 01:10 PM
What about this Aromanian dialect from Andon Poci (southern Albania)? To me sounds different from Romanian language.

there are a few alien insertions otherwise is 'badly' pronounced Romanian. it's about a story his dad used to say to him when he was a kid, about a guy that some other guys beat up and put in a bag an threw in a river but he escaped and got back etc. the pronunciation is really more extreme than of other Aromanians I've heard but it is obvious from grammar, word order and words that it's not a different language but an isolated dialect that has taken influences from local languages. still mostly intelligible to Romanians.

after all the Romanian language came to Romanian territory with the migration of these Balkan Vlachs, not the other way around. Romanians in Romania are mostly Vlachized Slavs and other stuff (genetically the same Slavic genes percentage as Bulgarians, Macedonians or Serbs, unlike Balkan Vlachs that are closer to Albanians, much less Slavic or not Slavic at all)

fourtysecond
08-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Alpinid

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 01:27 PM
after all the Romanian language came to Romanian territory with the migration of these Balkan Vlachs, not the other way around. Romanians in Romania are mostly Vlachized Slavs and other stuff (genetically the same Slavic genes percentage as Bulgarians, Macedonians or Serbs, unlike Balkan Vlachs that are closer to Albanians, much less Slavic or not Slavic at all)

Romanians deny that their Latin speaking ancestors migrated from the Balkans to present day Romania in the late middle age. They claim that their ancestors were Dacians which are romanized in present day Romania.
Romanization of Dacia never happened. Only few Roman soldiers were Latin speakers in Dacia during the Roman rule. In year 271 Roman imperator Aurelian withdrewed all Romans from Dacia. Romans were only 165 years in Dacia (106 - 271 AD), and that is to short period for romanization of local population.
First mentioned of Vlach people is in year 965 near Prespa lake (in border between FYROM and Greece).
Before 12th century Latin speaking populatin in present day Romania was not recorded.

Nurzat
08-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Romanians deny that their Latin speaking ancestors migrated from the Balkans to present day Romania in the late middle age. They claim that their ancestors were Dacians which are romanized in present day Romania.
Romanization of Dacia never happened. Only few Roman soldiers were Latin speakers in Dacia during the Roman rule. In years 271 Roman imperator Aurelian withdrew all Romans from Dacia. Romans were only 165 years in Dacia (106 - 271 AD), and that is to short period for romanization of local population.
First mentioned of Vlach people is in year 965 near Prespa lake (in borded between FYROM and Greece).
Until 12th century Latin speaking populatin in present day Romania was not recorded.

well Romanians have no clue. they also like to brag a lot and think they have a hugely important history for the mankind. my history teacher was saying to us that the West would not have evolved like that if the Romanians didn't keep the Turks away. LOL - actually in less than a century of Ottoman proximity future Romanian territory got under Ottoman rule for the next almost half millenium (15th-19th century).

genetics and common sense favour this theory: Romanians are at most about half genetically Vlach (more in the southwest, less in the northeast) and the rest of the DNA comes from people the Vlachs found here and slowly assimilated - actually much of the non-Romanian villages in the region of Moldova got Romanianized as late as the 20th century, even second half of it (Hungarian Csangos of Bacău and Neamț and even Iași counties, Ukrainian Rusyns and Hutsuls of Suceava and even Botoșani county, Russian Lipovans of Iași county, Polish Gorals of Suceava county, Hungarian Szeklers of Suceava county, Bukovina Germans of Suceava county etc)

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 01:43 PM
well Romanians have no clue. they also like to brag a lot and think they have a hugely important history for the mankind. my history teacher was saying to us that the West would not have evolved like that if the Romanians didn't keep the Turks away. LOL - actually in less than a century of Ottoman proximity future Romanian territory got under Ottoman rule for the next almost half millenium (15th-19th century).

genetics and common sense favour this theory: Romanians are at most about half genetically Vlach (more in the southwest, less in the northeast) and the rest of the DNA comes from people the Vlachs found here and slowly assimilated - actually much of the non-Romanian villages in the region of Moldova got Romanianized as late as the 20th century, even second half (Hungarian Csangos of Bacău and Neamț and even Iași counties, Ukrainian Rusyns and Hutsuls of Suceava and even Botoșani county, Russian Lipovans of Iași county, Polish Gorals of Suceava county, Hungarian Szeklers of Suceava county, Bukovina Germans of Suceava county etc)

How happened that Vlachs which arrived from the Balkans in late middle age assimilated Slavs and Turkic people in modern Romania? Vlachs were probably less numerous than Slavs when they arrived to Romania.

I know for Slavic influence in Romanian language. I heard that Romanian language today have 15% Slavic words. In the past Romanian language was much more Slavic influenced, but they "cleaned" their language from Slavic words in second half of 19th century. They borrowed many French and Italian words instead Slavic ones.

Nurzat
08-15-2018, 01:52 PM
How happened that Vlachs which arrived from the Balkans in late middle age assimilated Slavs and Turkic people in modern Romania? Vlachs were probably less numerous than Slavs when they arrived to Romania.

I know for Slavic influence in Romanian language. I heard that Romanian languahe today have 15% Slavic words. In the past Romanian language was much more Slavic influenced, but they "cleaned" their language from Slavic words in second half of 19th century. They borrowed many French and Italian words instead Slavic ones.

true. Moldavian dialect still holds about 1/4 of the words Slavic, but only in the countryside. Romanians get more and more compact and leveled as language and culture. nowadays kids all speak standard Romanian, which sounds awful - it's the language on the television, not naturally spoken anywhere, but by people who want to look smart, like teachers and other losers with an inferiority complex they want to overcome

Vojnik
08-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Beautiful seeing them speak their mother tongue.

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Beautiful seeing them speak their mother tongue.

Official number of Vlachs in Macedonia is about 10 000. I heard that their real number is over 100 000, but vast majority of them declared themselves as Macedonians.
Vast majority of Vlachs in Macedonia are Aromanians.

Vojnik
08-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Official number of Vlachs in Macedonia is about 10 000. I heard that their real number is over 100 000, but vast majority of them declared themselves as Macedonians.
Vast majority of Vlachs in Macedonia are Aromanians.

Vlachs just get assimilated by dominant cultures all the time.

One of our greatest revolutionaries was a Vlach. Pitu Guli:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/14/99/0f/14990f0b368f8788cedd5ee3722b99a7.png

Pribislav
08-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Vlachs just get assimilated by dominant cultures all the time.

One of our greatest revolutionaries was a Vlach. Pitu Guli:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/14/99/0f/14990f0b368f8788cedd5ee3722b99a7.png

It's weird that they did not create own national state in the Balkans. Many Aromanians were rich merchants, they even had university in Moscopole in 18th century. Moscopole was real urban developed city with 60 000 inhabitants. Together with Istanbul probably only real urban city in the whole Balkans before 19th century. When Moscopole was urban, developed city Athens was small village inhabitet by Albanians.
Cilturaly and economic Aromanians were more advanced than other Balkan nations in the Ottoman time. Regardless of that they never created national state and most of them were assimilated in other Balkan mations mostly in Greek, Albanian and Macedonian nation.
The idea of creation modern Albanian nation came from some Aromanian intelectual 200 years ago, I forgot his name.

StevenJac
09-09-2018, 02:05 PM

genetics and common sense favour this theory: Romanians are at most about half genetically Vlach (more in the southwest, less in the northeast) and the rest of the DNA comes from people the Vlachs found here and slowly assimilated - actually much of the non-Romanian villages in the region of Moldova got Romanianized as late as the 20th century, even second half of it (Hungarian Csangos of Bacău and Neamț and even Iași counties, Ukrainian Rusyns and Hutsuls of Suceava and even Botoșani county, Russian Lipovans of Iași county, Polish Gorals of Suceava county, Hungarian Szeklers of Suceava county, Bukovina Germans of Suceava county etc)

What? Why are there Gorals in Suceava county? I didn't know of this.

cyrus
09-09-2018, 05:50 PM

"Well romanians have no clue", but you do...:)

xtal
09-09-2018, 06:49 PM
Dinarid + alpine

Aspirin
11-09-2018, 09:27 PM

Can you give some sources where are mentioned the migration of valchs to today territory of Romania? I only partially believe in this theory, since never was recorded that they migrated northern of Danube River.

Hungarian Csangos of Bacău and Neamț and even Iași counties, Ukrainian Rusyns and Hutsuls of Suceava and even Botoșani county, Polish Gorals of Suceava county

All this ethnicities are on origin slavicized or magyarized vlachs, especially carpathian ruthenians (hutsuls, boykos, lemkos, polish gorals, moravian vlachs). I see, what you very much underestimate the impact of vlach population in all territory of Carpathian Mountains, especially on ethnogenesis of ruthenians from this region.

Skerdilaid
11-09-2018, 09:37 PM
The idea of creation modern Albanian nation came from some Aromanian intelectual 200 years ago, I forgot his name.

Oh yeah? Please remind us of his name, as I am really curious because I haven’t heard of him before.

Pribislav
11-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah? Please remind us of his name, as I am really curious because I haven’t heard of him before.

Idea of creation of modern Albanian nation started from Naum Veqilharxhi.

He was Aromanian from Vithkuqi near Korçë.

Kelmendasi
11-09-2018, 11:19 PM

Any evidence that he was Aromanian? Vithkuq has an Albanian majority

Skerdilaid
11-09-2018, 11:24 PM

Was he, who says so? First time am hearing someone say he was Aromanian. Friendly advice, don’t rely on wiki. I see that even the Frasheri family have been listed as Aromanians, when they themselves never identified as such. To clear up any doubts, they recently tested and belong to a really popular cluster among us (BY4461).

Did you really test and are you really a Serb? There are Albanians in that PF7563 clusters of yours too.

Pribislav
11-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Was he, who says so? First time am hearing someone say he was Aromanian. Friendly advice, don’t rely on wiki. I see that even the Frasheri family have been listed as Aromanians, when they themselves never identified as such. They recently tested and belong to a really popular cluster among us (BY4461).

Did you really test and are you really a Serb? There are Albanians in that PF7563 clusters of your too.

Do you see that I am Macedonian of Aromanian origin, as Aspar and many Fyromians. Are you blind?

Kelmendasi
11-09-2018, 11:30 PM
Was he, who says so? First time am hearing someone say he was Aromanian. Friendly advice, don’t rely on wiki. I see that even the Frasheri family have been listed as Aromanians, when they themselves never identified as such. To clear any doubt, they recently tested and belong to a really popular cluster among us (BY4461).

Did you really test and are you really a Serb? There are Albanians in that PF7563 clusters of your too.
Not even wiki claims that Naum was Aromanian, he's just trying to troll or some shit He's trying to troll Macedonians such as Aspar by pretending to be an Aromanian, I don't think I can take these people seriously anymore lol

Papastratosels26
11-09-2018, 11:37 PM
Alpine - Norid

Στάλθηκε από το G3311 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk