PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Taqqiya

Teutone
08-15-2018, 08:55 PM
Many people with 0 knowledge think Taqqiya can be used by any Muslim, infact it is only part of shia islam

But as far I am concerned it can only be applied in times where shia Islam isnt winning, well who defines that times? The Ayatollah?

Marmara
08-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Taqiyya is basically lying.

Sunni don't really have this concept, it is just told that before early years of İslam, muslims were persecuted or tortured so it was allowed them to use "Taqiyya", basically lying about their faith. Sunnis aren't taught about using taqiyya or lying.

I don't know Shias well but i think Taqiyya includes more and applies to modern times to them.

Teutone
08-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Taqiyya is basically lying.

Sunni don't really have this concept, it is just told that before early years of İslam, muslims were persecuted or tortured so it was allowed them to use "Taqiyya", basically lying about their faith. Sunnis aren't taught about using taqiyya or lying.

Yea said that already bro

I don't know Shias well but i think Taqiyya includes more and applies to modern times to them.

I once watched a discussion sunni vs shia and the sunni accused the shia of using taqqiya, then shia imam replied then: "we only allowed to use taqqiya in difficult times, but we are currently winning as shias"

But who defines that for every shia? Do shias have fatwas too`?

Marmara
08-15-2018, 09:20 PM
I once watched a discussion sunni vs shia and the sunni accused the shia of using taqqiya, then shia imam replied then: "we only allowed to use taqqiya in difficult times, but we are currently winning as shias"

But who defines that for every shia? Do shias have fatwas too`?

Their mullahs, no Islamic sect has centralized religious authority like church in Christianity, so they listen to whoever they follow.

osman_ghazi
02-02-2021, 06:50 AM
That's only practiced by Shia Muslims.

Sunnis we don't practice it.