PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy between nations

Magnolia
08-17-2018, 02:18 PM
What I mean - jealousy between nations over economic wealth, history, culture, etc.

Do you think that:
a) a nation is jealous of your nation? - Which one and why?
b) your own nation is jealous of an another nation/nations? - Which one and why?

Marmara
08-17-2018, 02:20 PM
a) I think some Muslim states are jealous of Turkey
b) Not particularly one but many would be jealous of wealthy Western states.

Though it's not really jealousy, just admiration.

Selurong
08-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Do you think that:
a) a nation is jealous of your nation? - Which one and why?

I don't know of any nation that would be jealous of the Philippines, when it comes to culture or economics, but maybe less storied nations might be jealous of us when it comes to history.

b) your own nation is jealous of an another nation/nations? - Which one and why?

I can't speak for other Filipinos but personally I'm jealous of Japan, they massacred Christians and Westerners throughout their history, yet Europeans care more about Japan than the Philippines. Not that I care that much though. I just find it ironic.

Oneeye
08-17-2018, 02:40 PM
All the nations be jelly. That's why America gets so much hate.

Seya
08-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Honestly, i don't think that’s the reason :D

Oneeye
08-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Honestly, i don't think that’s the reason :D

Haters gunna hate, honey. Red, white, and fabluelous

Kukushka
08-17-2018, 02:48 PM
All are jelaous of the Juice lol

Marinus
08-17-2018, 02:50 PM
a) Pretty much any poor or developing country, and not just the UK itself but 1st world countries in general when it comes to history, science, culture and economic, political and military power. Envy might not be the best word either, admiration for those who want to come here, and hate by those whose resources we stole, no matter if positive or negative, the Anglosphere, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are often on the minds of people the world over.

b) None, but a lot of us wish we had Mediterranean weather.

gıulıoımpa
08-17-2018, 03:00 PM
i think some less develouped mediterranian facing nations(especially on the Southern side) may have a minority of complexed individuals that have some sort of "jelousy" for Italy. sometimes i noticed it even from the very far North.

but most people are not jealous .

Most Italians love Italy even all things considered, so I don't think we could be jealous of anyone so jealousy not, but Rivalry yes just with people that literally ask for it , so the French :cool:

Oneeye
https://youtu.be/WffE1gY-Htg

Root

yeah yeah xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

GreentheViper
08-17-2018, 03:03 PM
A) Most third world countries maybe some European countries are jealous of our free healthcare, economic wealth, good life expectancy, happiness, nature, natural recourses and our good people.

B) We're probably jealous of America, and Western Europe because of its large populations and larger economic wealth.

Selurong
08-17-2018, 03:05 PM

Lol it's Lord Richmondebread serenading us with his golden voice.

Seya
08-17-2018, 05:18 PM

:rotfl:
someone from administration...pls delete my account now )))

Lightshade25
08-17-2018, 05:42 PM
:rotfl:
someone from administration...pls delete my account now )))

Didn't you know we have a famous celeb over here?

He's even on Urban Dictionary. xD

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meade%20Skelton

Meade Skelton.

Alt-Country/Pop Singer-Songwriter b. April 8th, 1979

Meade Skelton is a native of Richmond, Virginia who started writing and composing music at an early age. Known in school as a "stand out" and an "outcast", Meade used his quirky personality to invent such songs as "They Called Me Porker", and "Nicole, Will You Marry Me?"- a song he wrote for actress Nicole Kidman. Meade Skelton is also known for his frequent battle with weight, and he appears heavy and then thinner in most publicity photos. The youngest of 5 children, his parents were amazed when at 3 years old he began playing the piano and singing.

Meade's mother died when he was 11 years old. He grew up in Loudoun County, Virginia, and then at 18, moved to Richmond- his mother's hometown where he soon became involved with the music scene. Meade is also known to have an affinity for krispy kreme doughnuts. He's also a Southern Baptist.

Severely overweight/obese country singer who trolls countless Internet forums with delusional and self-promoting comments. Commonly refers to himself in the third person. Again, is very fat. Almost certainly a homosexual. Has a dead mother and lives with his father, in his basement. Stands 5 feet 7 inches but claims he is "not short."

Penned the hit song "We Talk in Circles," reportedly while binging on twinkies and M&Ms over a three-day period.

Meade Skelton is a Richmond resident who posts praises of himself under aliases in numerous internet forums. A self described artist, is usually ridiculed for being narcissistic, unimaginative, and untalented.

Westbrook
08-17-2018, 05:48 PM

Hate us cause they ain't us

Westbrook
08-17-2018, 05:49 PM
a) Pretty much any poor or developing country, and not just the UK itself but 1st world countries in general when it comes to history, science, culture and economic, political and military power. Envy might not be the best word either, admiration for those who want to come here, and hate by those whose resources we stole, no matter if positive or negative, the Anglosphere, France, Germany, Italy and Spain are often on the minds of people the world over.

b) None, but a lot of us wish we had Mediterranean weather.

The parts of our country with Med climate seem to attract the douchiest people, so careful what you wish for.

Marinus
08-17-2018, 07:09 PM
The parts of our country with Med climate seem to attract the douchiest people, so careful what you wish for.

I guess you're right, during vacation times our chavs tend to flock over to the Med and raise hell in Spanish, Greek and Portuguese resorts.