PDA

View Full Version : Krieger's AncestryDNA

Bogdan
08-20-2018, 02:18 AM
I decided to make a thread for my Ancestry results. My mother and full-blood brother have also taken theirs here and they're interesting to compare imo. My dad's test is currently sent and in progress.

Ethnicity Estimate
Great Britain 24%
Europe East 21%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 18%
Europe West 13%
Iberian Peninsula 11%

Low Confidence Regions
Europe South 5%
Finland/Northwest Russia 5%
Scandinavia 2%
Caucasus <1%
Middle East <1%

Congolese Rice
08-20-2018, 02:19 AM
I decided to make a thread for my Ancestry results. My mother and full-blood brother have also taken theirs here and they're interesting to compare imo. My dad's test is currently sent and in progress.

Ethnicity Estimate
Great Britain 24%
Europe East 21%
Europe West 13%
Iberian Peninsula 11%

Low Confidence Regions
Europe South 5%
Scandinavia 2%
Caucasus <1%
Middle East <1%

lol, ancestryDNA is pretty bad for me. it gave me 48-72% british of which they averaged 60% XDD how is that even possible

Decius
08-20-2018, 02:22 AM
It seems ancestrydna gives almost all Europeans a low amount of Middle East and caucasus

Congolese Rice
08-20-2018, 08:02 PM
It seems ancestrydna gives almost all Europeans a low amount of Middle East and caucasus

nah, mostly the ones with southern european or southeastern/balkan european ancestry i think.

i havent seen a pure north euro so far scoring mideast

Decius
08-20-2018, 08:32 PM
nah, mostly the ones with southern european or southeastern/balkan european ancestry i think.

I’ve seen a Hungarian (Central European) Score 9% Caucasus

Decius
08-20-2018, 08:34 PM

There was also this half Russian half English person who scored 2% Jewish and 1% Caucasus

Gründig
08-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Accurate for You?

Jana
08-20-2018, 08:39 PM

Ethnicity Estimate
Great Britain 24%
Europe East 21%
Europe West 13%
Iberian Peninsula 11%

Low Confidence Regions
Europe South 5%
Scandinavia 2%
Caucasus <1%
Middle East <1%

Congrats on your results, seem in line with your ancestry.

Upload to wegene portal for free and it will show you haplogroups!

Gwydion
08-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Yea honestly AncestryDNA doesn't make too much sense to me, at least certain regions with overlaps. My father is essentially 100% English by ancestry with some minor Dutch and he got:

Europe West 52%
Ireland/Scotland/Wales 28%
Scandinavia 10%
Great Britain 3%

Also the Europe West category seems too broad, I mean southern Danes and Basques are both included and I don't see too great of a relation between the two.

Bogdan
08-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Accurate for You?

I think the results are pretty accurate but from what I know Ancestry is very vague in what counts as what region, so it missed any details. At least they give you the raw DNA.