PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry Update - How to see yours

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 02:24 AM
If you have an Ancestry account when you go into your DNA Origins at the end of the url type in /transition and it will give you a questionnaire and you can see what your update looks like.

Dick
08-22-2018, 02:31 AM
I am the king of the Slavs :coffee: But this only an estimate for now.

https://i.imgur.com/1N3FxSt.jpg

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 02:31 AM
What do you think of your update? More accurate or not?

Dick
08-22-2018, 02:35 AM
What do you think of your update? More accurate or not?

I laughed out loud

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 02:36 AM
Both myself and daughter lost all our trace regions. We are both 100% Ireland and Scotland now.

GreentheViper
08-22-2018, 02:41 AM
Mine didn't change at all lol

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 02:44 AM
lol wtf, i did the transition thingy and it gave me this:

No Longer in Estimate Help
Great Britain 60%
Ivory Coast/Ghana 14%
Cameroon/Congo 8%
Middle East 3%
Mali 3%
Finland/Northwest Russia 3%
Senegal 2%
Asia Central 2%
Scandinavia 2%
Europe West 1%
Native American 1%
Iberian Peninsula <1%
Benin/Togo <1%

apparently nothing is in my estimate anymore. good 2 know XDD

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 02:47 AM
I can't seem to make this work is there something I'm missing?

Go into your dna origins and on the address bar (which you will find on the top) at the end type in /transition with no spaces.

Bogdan
08-22-2018, 02:47 AM
My map won’t show the new update. I answered the questions from the link and it shows a slider to compare the old and new results but the new results themselves are not showing and the ‘Keep Update’ button is stuck loading. Going to attempt this on a laptop and not mobile later, since that may be the problem. I’ll post my results when I can view them.

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 02:48 AM

Great Britain 60%
Ivory Coast/Ghana 14%
Cameroon/Congo 8%
Middle East 3%
Mali 3%
Finland/Northwest Russia 3%
Senegal 2%
Asia Central 2%
Scandinavia 2%
Europe West 1%
Native American 1%
Iberian Peninsula <1%
Benin/Togo <1%

Try signing out and in and do again. It works for most people.

Rædwald
08-22-2018, 02:49 AM
https://s8.postimg.cc/4x0pdfzdh/Screenshot_2018-08-22_at_00.17.47.png

Oh yeah :rolleyes:

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 02:51 AM
Try signing out and in and do again. It works for most people.

2bad lol, doesnt work for me XD ancestry shouldnt make it this complicated just for an update to begin with. if im not mistaken it shouldve been out atleast a month ago XD pretty weird.

eitherway nope, nothing's happening. in my updated map i cant see any maps, in my updated results it removed everything from my results still, including my british, african, low confidence regions etc etc.

and i cant access the survey anymore lol

shit happens

Gründig
08-22-2018, 02:52 AM
https://s8.postimg.cc/4x0pdfzdh/Screenshot_2018-08-22_at_00.17.47.png

Oh yeah :rolleyes:

Seems all your Scandinavian went to England, Wales etc.

Is that more accurate?

Rædwald
08-22-2018, 02:56 AM
Seems all your Scandinavian went to England, Wales etc.

Is that more accurate?

It's more consistent with my family tree as well documented as I have it at this point. So I do feel that this is a more accurate read, although my french population seems somewhat low considering that a significant part of my ancestry is French.

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 02:57 AM
2bad lol, doesnt work for me XD ancestry shouldnt make it this complicated just for an update to begin with. if im not mistaken it shouldve been out atleast a month ago XD pretty weird.

eitherway nope, nothing's happening. in my updated map i cant see any maps, in my updated results it removed everything from my results still, including my british, african, low confidence regions etc etc.

and i cant access the survey anymore lol

shit happens

Apparently not everyone has had the update so if you're not in the preloaded update you will eventually get it but it looks like they are rolling it out. Keep trying every so often. Sorry it's not working for you.

Bogdan
08-22-2018, 03:00 AM
Apparently not everyone has had the update so if you're not in the preloaded update you will eventually get it but it looks like they are rolling it out. Keep trying every so often. Sorry it's not working for you.

Having the same issue as he is even with signing out and in again. I’ll just wait and try daily until it works. I’m very excited to see.

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:01 AM

lol jup, emphasize eventually XDDDDDD

GreentheViper
08-22-2018, 03:03 AM
Having the same issue as he is even with signing out and in again. I’ll just wait and try daily until it works. I’m very excited to see.

Same here, I didn't expect my Native to change but I feel like they could've honed in on my Scandinavian and European West. I guess we didn't get it lol

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:04 AM
Same here, I didn't expect my Native to change but I feel like they could've honed in on my Scandinavian and European West. I guess we didn't get it lol

annoying as hell XD everybody around you is getting the update and they skip yo ass lmao. i dont feel like waiting another 2-3 weeks or month for results that probably wont improve at all lmao, im pretty convinced it will only raise my european percentages and remove all my low confidence regions including my mideast, but we'll see. maybe ill be proven wrong XD

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 03:13 AM
The majority of people are seeing this as a lot more accurate and more in line with their known ancestry.

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:19 AM
When I clicked on it all it showed was my no longer in estimate results. didnt see my updated result

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:23 AM

exact same thing happend to me

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 03:25 AM
When I clicked on it all it showed was my no longer in estimate results. didnt see my updated result

Don't click on it. When you go in type /transition at the end and enter. You should get a survey and then your updated results (if they have done them).

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:26 AM
The majority of people are seeing this as a lot more accurate and more in line with their known ancestry.

im hoping the new estimate will remove the bs low confidence regions

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 03:26 AM
im hoping the new estimate will remove the bs low confidence regions

Yes it is doing that.

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:27 AM
Don't click on it. When you go in type /transition at the end and enter. You should get a survey and then your updated results (if they have done them).

I typed transition did the survey and clicked updated results but all it showed was the results that are no longer in my estimate. it didnt show my updated result.

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:28 AM
Yes it is doing that.

lol, now im fully convinced it will remove most of my african and also my mideast percentages XD my ancestrydna is doomed

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:29 AM
lol, now im fully convinced it will remove most of my african and also my mideast percentages XD my ancestrydna is doomed

You have no mideast. you are a carribean. the near eastern/west asia from your gedmatch is just neolithic european

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:33 AM
You have no mideast. you are a carribean. the near eastern/west asia from your gedmatch is just neolithic european

lol, no it isnt xd

just because i am caribbean does not mean i cant have mideast lol what type of reason is that, the caribbeans are super mixed. eitherway believe what u want lol

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:34 AM
lol, no it isnt xd

just because i am caribbean does not mean i cant have mideast lol what type of reason is that, the caribbeans are super mixed. eitherway believe what u want lol

Do you have any known middle eastern relatives/ancestors? If not i doubt you are middle eastern at all. caribbeans are usually a mix of euro/african/amerindian. middle eastern is not a common ancestry there.

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 03:36 AM
I typed transition did the survey and clicked updated results but all it showed was the results that are no longer in my estimate. it didnt show my updated result.

They most probably haven't completed them yet. It looks like most people have their update and they are rolling it out.

Bosniensis
08-22-2018, 05:00 AM

WOW

I don't think that's accurate at all.. 82! It can't be..

They got it wrong xD

Vojnik
08-22-2018, 05:02 AM

https://coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/get/b43/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/dfaa1c3d3dc/dd5f308f6efb856f820b9/ios_large_1488199669_image.jpg

Decius
08-22-2018, 05:02 AM
WOW

They got it wrong xD

Its not accurate. we are wogs after all

alnortedelsur
08-22-2018, 05:37 AM
My results haven't changed :(
but my sisters got important updates:

https://i.imgur.com/inhZbEr.png
https://i.imgur.com/fpFk9Gr.png

I don't understand why she got her results updated, when she just did her test few weeks ago, while me (having taken my test more than a year ago) haven't got any update on my estimates :noidea:

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 05:41 AM
My results haven't changed :(
but my sisters got important updates:

https://i.imgur.com/inhZbEr.png
https://i.imgur.com/fpFk9Gr.png

I don't understand why she got her results updated, when she just did her test few weeks ago, while me (having taken my test more than a year ago) haven't got any update on my estimates :noidea:

You will get it. They are rolling it out but unfortunately you haven't been updated yet. Your sisters looks quite good for your known ancestry.

Bobby Martnen
08-22-2018, 05:45 AM

The update has me as 7% Germanic Europe, but I'm supposed to be about 1/4

Also only 1% Italy, when it should be 12%

Dick
08-22-2018, 05:46 AM
I AM THE KING OF THE SLAVS

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2018, 05:46 AM
The update has me as 7% Germanic Europe, but I'm supposed to be about 1/4

What's your full result though? Some of the Germanic could get sucked into England, Wales & Northwestern Europe.

Dick
08-22-2018, 05:49 AM
WOW

They got it wrong xD

You're jealous. Deal with it!

alnortedelsur
08-22-2018, 05:52 AM
You will get it. They are rolling it out but unfortunately you haven't been updated yet. Your sisters looks quite good for your known ancestry.

Interestingly, she came up as being 58% Iberian (almost evenly split between Spain and Portugal), and 18% Italian on this update, which is not far off from my own estimates on 23andme for Iberian and Italian.

Dick
08-22-2018, 05:52 AM
Its not accurate. we are wogs after all

You dont like your update? Deal with it!

Decius
08-22-2018, 05:56 AM
You dont like your update? Deal with it!

its a bs update. the company is created by brits/northerners why would i trust those NATO EU supporters

Dick
08-22-2018, 05:57 AM
its a bs update. the company is created by brits/northerners why would i trust those NATO EU supporters

I see you and your buddy Bosniensis cant deal with it

Bobby Martnen
08-22-2018, 05:59 AM
I see you and your buddy Bosniensis cant deal with it

The update seems off for me, as well. I'm 1/8 Sicilian but I only get 1% Italy with it.

Dick
08-22-2018, 06:01 AM
The update seems off for me, as well. I'm 1/8 Sicilian but I only get 1% Italy with it.

I dont see how this concerns me. Mine is accurate.

redeyednewt
08-22-2018, 06:04 AM
If you have an Ancestry account when you go into your DNA Origins at the end of the url type in /transition and it will give you a questionnaire and you can see what your update looks like.

That did not work for me, the page gave me some error and there was no questionnaire. I saw something about questions on the main page, but I am not sure if I want to do this or answer them?

The last 3-4 days or so I have been getting a lot of errors on ancestry, like the pages do not load and for 3 days the DNA part did not load or update over the weekend and on Monday it was on and off.

RandomGuy20
08-22-2018, 06:08 AM

What is your percentage estimate? If you click on the Italian section it should give you the range (eg. between 0-8%).
I have no Italian on Ancestry (trace region got wiped on the update) but have 9% (Tuscan) on LivingDNA which seems too high considering my Italian heritage goes back 4-5 generations.

Moje ime
08-22-2018, 08:47 AM

Is it Balkan component now split? What is the rest 20÷ ?

Bosniensis
08-22-2018, 08:51 AM
I wish I had 80% Either Balkan or Eastern Europe

50% / 50% is terrible ... you are neither here or there.

Moje ime
08-22-2018, 08:59 AM

I like 50/50

redeyednewt
08-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Still no update for me, I did what the original poster said to do but did not see any sort of questionnaire and Ancestry.com just gave me some error page.

Vojnik
08-22-2018, 12:48 PM

Awwwwww poor thing. And kids are starving in Africa.

Gründig
08-22-2018, 01:10 PM
I AM THE KING OF THE SLAVS

And I'm gonna rub your feet, while sneaking in toe licks brey.

Dick
08-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Is it Balkan component now split? What is the rest 20÷ ?

they didnt have a Balkan category but now they do. I'm 82% East Europe 18% balkan

GreentheViper
08-22-2018, 02:51 PM
they didnt have a Balkan category but now they do. I'm 82% East Europe 18% balkan

You're still the King of the Slavs. Don't forget that.

Kamal900
08-22-2018, 02:53 PM
https://image.ibb.co/gu2t7e/Capture.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJidANg90QA

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:15 PM
my new update:

Up to date
England, Wales & Northwestern Europe
57%
Benin/Togo
10% to 16%
Cameroon, Congo, and Southern Bantu Peoples
10% to 12%
Germanic Europe
7% to 24%
Ivory Coast/Ghana
5% to 16%
France
4% to 5%
Native American—North, Central, South
2%
Norway
1% 0-1%
Nigeria
1% to 4%
Ireland and Scotland
1%
Spain
1%
Eastern Africa
1% to 3%

^ jup, they removed the mideastern, insane lol XD it still hasnt improved all that much because it still gives me pred. british and english, which is once again complete shit lol.

and my african is completely changed, id say they need to remove the french, norway, ireland and scotland percentages and add it elsewhere cuz it aint accurate. and just split my 57% or 55% european into french, british, etc.

now my european range is 55-64% btw, which is way more accurate. i'll take that lol

now i'll remove anything i think is not accurate and i'll make up for it in other percentages:

European: 57%

African: 41% (all my other european percentages made up for in my african)

mena: N/A < nigga idk where it is now XD

Amerindian: 2%

^ this seem accurate to anybody? some people mentioned i look mulatto.. my curly hair disappeared though after i got into puberty so that sucks XD

personally i dont believe my european is this high. i find it quite weird how they dont give me any north african either nor give me any high nigerian percentages, ancestry is still quite weird but it's getting a bit better maybe? instead of east african it shoulda been north african but whatever XD

Moje ime
08-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Well it's not big surprise since you are from Croatia as far as I know? Western Serb.

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:22 PM
tbh ancestry really got to fix their obsession by giving me super high british in both their old and new update, but if you remove all the other european percentages and pretend my 55-57% british is "germanic europe / french / norwegian / spanish" it would be way more accurate, maybe quarter british but no way more than half XD

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:22 PM
Still haven’t got the update

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:25 PM
Well it's not big surprise since you are from Croatia as far as I know? Western Serb.

I’m also a western serb but I plot with serbs from serbia

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:27 PM
tbh ancestry really got to fix their obsession by giving me super high british in both their old and new update, but if you remove all the other european percentages and pretend my 55-57% british is "germanic europe / french / norwegian / spanish" it would be way more accurate, maybe quarter british but no way more than half XD

The update is suggesting you are quadroon or something

Jana
08-22-2018, 03:31 PM
Why didnt Stears get an update ? How can he check it ? i am bit lost, but his results look the same as before

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Why didnt Stears get an update ? How can he check it ? i am bit lost, but his results look the same as before

do they say on the top of them "no longer in estimate"? if it does that means ancestry hasnt updated it yet. i still havent got my update

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 03:35 PM
The update is suggesting you are quadroon or something

The update beforehand also suggested that, but i dont think so. there's still missing berber and more east african percentages, which ofcourse they replaced for with my european, being 55-57% european is very accurate, being 70%> is not. my family clearly has berber or east african influence

Jana
08-22-2018, 03:39 PM
do they say on the top of them "no longer in estimate"? if it does that means ancestry hasnt updated it yet. i still havent got my update

It say Up to date, but his results didn't change at all ? Wtf

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:42 PM
It say Up to date, but his results didn't change at all ? Wtf

go to the end of the URl and type /transition there should be a questionarre. do the questionarre and you get the updated results. if the update only shows results under "no longer in estimate" ancestry hasnt updated his result yet

Jana
08-22-2018, 03:47 PM
go to the end of the URl and type /transition there should be a questionarre. do the questionarre and you get the updated results. if the update only shows results under "no longer in estimate" ancestry hasnt updated his result yet

It say Page not available

Did he do something wrong ?
Why is this so damn complicated ? Lol

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:51 PM
It say Page not available

Did he do something wrong ?
Why is this so damn complicated ? Lol

Idk why it said that, this is not working for a lot of people but i will say it again in steps just in case you missed something.

Step one: view stears ancestry results

Step two: go to the end of the url and type /transition

Step three Answer the questionarre

step four you get updated results if it only shows only the no longer in estimate results ancestry hasnt updated it

Jana
08-22-2018, 03:53 PM
Idk why it said that, this is not working for a lot of people but i will say it again in steps just in case you missed something.

Step one: view stears ancestry results

Step two: go to the end of the url and type /transition

Step three Answer the questionarre

step four you get updated results if it only shows no longer in estimate results ancestry hasnt updated it

Hahaha!!!!

It works!!

It show 100 percent Eastern Europe and Russia for him!!!

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Hahaha!!!!

It works!!

LMFAO what a bs result

Jana
08-22-2018, 03:55 PM
Stears is not happy with this upadate.
Before he was 61 EE, 11 WE and 9 Caucasus with lot of trace results.

Now just 100 percent Eastern European ? Ok

Decius
08-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Stears is not happy with this upadate.

Eastern Europe cluster probably includes hungary. they fucked up this update.

Jana
08-22-2018, 03:58 PM
Eastern Europe cluster probably includes hungary. they fucked up this update

No wonder Dick gets over 80 percent. You will get high EE too if Stears get 100 percent

Jana
08-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Btw i see on regional map eastern Europe now includes also Austria east Germany Croatia Bosnia Serbia and half of Bulgaria also Romania

Practically entire east central Europe, eastern Europe and northern Balkans

Jana
08-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Btw Kazakstan is also in eastern European cluster :)))

Dick
08-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Stears is king of the Slavs !

War Chef
08-22-2018, 04:54 PM
I've said it before, I knew a polak guy who looks exactly like stears.

Jana
08-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Stears Full update
http://i.imgur.com/bxWk6dL.jpg

Jana
08-22-2018, 05:26 PM
I've said it before, I knew a polak guy who looks exactly like stears.

He is a Magyar, but he could have Polish ancestor, because his surname is more common in Poland than Hungary.

Hulu
08-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Can you transfer to ancestry from 23andme or FTDNA?

Hulu
08-22-2018, 06:07 PM
Hahaha!!!!

It works!!

This is the best day ever :lol:

Arborean
08-22-2018, 06:18 PM
Nice update

New Result:

https://s8.postimg.cc/4vvtgzj91/arboreanancestrydna.png

Moms new update:

https://s8.postimg.cc/xlipdqaf9/momancestry.png

Dragoon
08-22-2018, 06:19 PM
While ancestry / population testing is fun,
some people take it too seriously.

Even the big 3 or 4 companies have ways to go and may never be accurate.

Plus with varying geographic areas/populations the results will change per company and varies between all the tests.

Gründig
08-22-2018, 06:20 PM

Plus with varying geographic areas/populations the results will change per company and varies between all the varies tests.

What were your results?

Dragoon
08-22-2018, 06:23 PM
Well ive done ftdna and also gedmatch, family did 23andme. (80/90s in Eastern European plus some minor groups).

Have not tried ancestry.com though it seems interesting.

Arborean
08-22-2018, 06:24 PM

Plus with varying geographic areas/populations the results will change per company and varies between all the tests.

The truth is people deny the accuracy of DNA tests because of cultural Dogma and feelings of purity. So the results will always be disputed. That being said it will always be refined the more people test and the larger sample sizes grow so to will the results reflect increased accuracy.

My results have been quite accurate for the most part. Though I imagine a more difficult result for very mixed people, with the result blurring the lines due to algorithms.

Dick
08-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Nice update

New Result:

https://s8.postimg.cc/4vvtgzj91/arboreanancestrydna.png

Moms new update:

https://s8.postimg.cc/xlipdqaf9/momancestry.png
How can you see your genetic community? Mine seems to be gone now

Arborean
08-22-2018, 06:29 PM
You're jealous. Deal with it!

I think they don't realize some southern components that overlap don't fall into South-East Europe component. Considering Slavs had Southern components to begin with before migration. So your results are not wrong. I think the Balkan sample only includes Macedonians as far as South Slavs. Which are really southern shifted to begin with. Could explain why majority of yours goes into Europe East. If they included lets say Serbs into Balkan component, I imagine that would climb for you and East Euro drop.

Not a Cop
08-22-2018, 06:31 PM
Hahaha!!!!

It works!!

Be carefull, soon his head will take a weird mongolo-ballon shape.

Arborean
08-22-2018, 06:34 PM

If you're assuming you should have higher Greece & Balkans you wouldn't because only Macedonians were included from South Slavs in that component. So, naturally, your results would slide more to East Europe as Serbs are not apart of the component and Macedonians/Bulgarians are the most Southern shifted. If Serbs were included in the component the results would obviously change. So its not actually incorrect for you. The algorithm will always find the best fit. My mom for instance gets Macedonian in some calculators because she has a Montenegrin grandmother. But shes not as comparable to Montenegrins given she has more of a southern shift. However, because of a slight northern shift shes more comparable to the Macedonian reference as they are more southern shifted than other South Slavs. Like an intermediate if you will. Same thing for MyHeritage. Albanians aren't part of the Balkan reference so score decent to low amounts as opposed to 23andme of which they are included.

Arborean
08-22-2018, 06:37 PM
How can you see your genetic community? Mine seems to be gone now

The way they explained it to me, was that those who don't have the community listed is because the DNA you have is more general and shared by a broader group. Kind of like "broadly" in 23andme. So for me it was too broad. My mother however has "NE Italy/Croatia/Bosnia and Herzegovina" possibly because its more pinpointed through her Montenegrin ancestry from her grandmother.

I assume if my father tested it could refine that component. I thought the update would reflect the same as my mothers but it didn't.

Dick
08-22-2018, 06:40 PM
I think they don't realize some southern components that overlap don't fall into South-East Europe component. Considering Slavs had Southern components to begin with before migration. So your results are not wrong. I think the Balkan sample only includes Macedonians as far as South Slavs. Which are really southern shifted to begin with. Could explain why majority of yours goes into Europe East. If they included lets say Serbs into Balkan component, I imagine that would climb for you and East Euro drop.

My east euro was 63% before this anyway. I’ve seen higher % in other south slavs. This update uses more samples

Gründig
08-22-2018, 06:45 PM
The truth is people deny the accuracy of DNA tests because of cultural Dogma and feelings of purity. So the results will always be disputed. That being said it will always be refined the more people test and the larger sample sizes grow so to will the results reflect increased accuracy.

My results have been quite accurate for the most part. Though I imagine a more difficult result for very mixed people, with the result blurring the lines due to algorithms.

I agree with you. Of course you have 100% "pure" people (I've seen some Asian, Finnish etc) however, it's most definitely not common or the average person (at least European). You have tons of people who's ancestry can be traced back hundreds and hundreds etc of years to the same country, yet they are still not 100%.

My results were very accurate in comparison to my paper trail as well, which I thought was pretty cool.

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 06:50 PM

your correct lol. my ancestryDNA results have changed quite a bit, from pred. ghanaian and congolese it went to pred. benin/togo, congo, lesser ghanaian, 1-4% nigerian, and 1-3% east african. and they still give me 55-57% british, despite the fact that its virtually impossible that i am more than half british.

my dad's side of the family is german, french, british, irish, and scottish.

all percentages except for my african and amerindian are to on a minimum of 0% so im not even gonna consider my european percentages beside my 55-57%.

Arborean
08-22-2018, 07:13 PM
your correct lol. my ancestryDNA results have changed quite a bit, from pred. ghanaian and congolese it went to pred. benin/togo, congo, lesser ghanaian, 1-4% nigerian, and 1-3% east african. and they still give me 55-57% british, despite the fact that its virtually impossible that i am more than half british.

my dad's side of the family is german, french, british, irish, and scottish.

all percentages except for my african and amerindian are to on a minimum of 0% so im not even gonna consider my european percentages beside my 55-57%.

I read somewhere that even though we inherit 50/50 from mother and father, that we can reflect more of one ancestry compared to another. There was a video about this with a mother and father whom both tested themselves and their children. The child who looked more like the father inherited more of his ancestry as compared to his sibling whom was more like the mother. random selection and all. So despite someone being 50/50 Italian-Irish they may reflect predominantly Italian ancestry if they look more like the Italian parent etc.

Arborean
08-22-2018, 07:15 PM
I agree with you. Of course you have 100% "pure" people (I've seen some Asian, Finnish etc) however, it's most definitely not common or the average person (at least European). You have tons of people who's ancestry can be traced back hundreds and hundreds etc of years to the same country, yet they are still not 100%.

My results were very accurate in comparison to my paper trail as well, which I thought was pretty cool.

Yea that is true. There are always outliers. Which is why I think LivingDNA for instance only wants samples with 4 grandparents from one region to reflect better accuracy in their one world project results that are coming over the next 5 years.

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 07:20 PM
I read somewhere that even though we inherit 50/50 from mother and father, that we can reflect more of one ancestry compared to another. There was a video about this with a mother and father whom both tested themselves and their children. The child who looked more like the father inherited more of his ancestry as compared to his sibling whom was more like the mother. random selection and all. So despite someone being 50/50 Italian-Irish they may reflect predominantly Italian ancestry if they look more like the Italian parent etc.

well people say i look either more like my mom or 50/50 both features. which makes sense since im roughly mulatto (36-44%) max. also mixed berber/east african admix in my pred. west african, which is cool. i'm not a typical mulatto XD

then again, ancestryDNA still gives me pred. british, and all my other european percentages like french, germanic europe, spanish, and norwegian are all on a minimum scale of 0%. which are "Low confidence regions" still. lmao. technically i still have 5 low confidence regions, but they managed to cut it to half so props to them for that, if you remove my european percentages, and add their overal percentages to my african i get a average of 41-42% african, which is quite legit. however it's not pure west african otherwise my mom's family would be way more black XD so the only explanation is horner ancestry or berber, as doug mentioned.

they are improving dou imo

Arborean
08-22-2018, 07:24 PM
well people say i look either more like my mom or 50/50 both features. which makes sense since im roughly mulatto (36-44%) max. also mixed berber/east african admix in my pred. west african, which is cool. i'm not a typical mulatto XD

then again, ancestryDNA still gives me pred. british, and all my other european percentages like french, germanic europe, spanish, and norwegian are all on a minimum scale of 0%. which are "Low confidence regions" still. lmao. technically i still have 5 low confidence regions, but they managed to cut it to half so props to them for that, if you remove my european percentages, and add their overal percentages to my african i get a average of 41-42% african, which is quite legit. however it's not pure west african otherwise my mom's family would be way more black XD so the only explanation is horner ancestry or berber, as doug mentioned.

they are improving dou imo

Have you tested your mother? Perhaps she has a small percentage of British that was picked up and included on top of what you inherited from your father? Or perhaps the genes associated with your father you inherited were more reflected sometimes even subtly in your overall look?

I look almost entirely like my father but get confused for 50/50 since some of my defining features are from my mother.

Congolese Rice
08-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Have you tested your mother? Perhaps she has a small percentage of British that was picked up and included on top of what you inherited from your father? Or perhaps the genes associated with your father you inherited were more reflected sometimes even subtly in your overall look?

I look almost entirely like my father but get confused for 50/50 since some of my defining features are from my mother.

Nope, some people say i even look 0% european, now that's something to consider XD eitherway no, i never had time to test my mum. And no, their european is part dutch, however i inherited more SSA/Berber from my mom's side and less european i think, or either my dad's side is less than 100% european. would make sense why i am 53-60% european then, since i have a great grandfather or great great grandfather that was a 100% dutch surinamer. so i probably inherited only 5-8% european from my mom's side.

or i either have less european from my dad's side.

Hulu
08-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Can anybody link how you can do the upload of your data. I dont see it

Arborean
08-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Can anybody link how you can do the upload of your data. I dont see it

I’m not sure you can for ancestry. If you mean to upload another company raw data to ancestry that is.

redeyednewt
08-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Still no update for me. I habe been getting errors and pages that don't load on ancestry for the past few days, it's not nearly as bad as it was on the weekend.

Decius
08-22-2018, 11:04 PM
Now when I go to see updated result it comes with a message

Still Processing Results
Ancestry is committed to making it easier for people to discover where and who they come from. We are excited to share your new, more precise results, calculated using an updated algorithm. We are working on this as quickly as possible and will let you know as soon as your results are ready.

Rædwald
08-22-2018, 11:38 PM

Yeah I have the same message now, I hope this means an actual update.

Dick
08-22-2018, 11:41 PM
Yeah I have the same message now, I hope this means an actual update.

Same here. it was an estimate not an actual update.

Decius
08-22-2018, 11:43 PM
Same here. it was an estimate not an actual update.

they didnt even give me the updated estimate in the first place lol

GreentheViper
08-22-2018, 11:44 PM
Hopefully they update mine with the large update everyone will get lol

Dick
08-23-2018, 12:56 AM
they didnt even give me the updated estimate in the first place lol

it now says /transition/processing

de Burgh II
08-23-2018, 01:06 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/OibvGpervy9Xi/giphy.gif

Bogdan
08-23-2018, 01:09 AM

I’m getting this message now too. Just checked back. Does anyone have any idea when the update is scheduled for?

Tong
08-23-2018, 11:49 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/f42ff93166eb3db4e0c7c71f80f0b8da.png
based. everything else went btw

Tong
08-23-2018, 11:49 AM
but its not a new thing lool....what r u talking about

redeyednewt
08-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Still no update for me, but for about the past week I have been getting errors for Ancestry's DNA page and the pages do not load or it will load fine but no update.

redeyednewt
08-24-2018, 02:01 PM
Still no update.

I did find this information:

Ethnicity Updates
Latest
AncestryDNA first launched in 2012 with 22 possible regions. Since then we've added new regions and improved our accuracy. DNA research is a fast paced, rapidly expanding field, and you can expect to see additional updates as DNA science evolves.

Current Version (Jul 2014)
3,000 Reference Samples
363 Total Regions

pmv74
08-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Mine has changed quite a bit and seems a lot more in line with my known ancestry now. My known ancestry is I’m a full southern Italian/Sicilian. My original results listed me as 73% Italian/Greek, 13% middle eastern, 10% Caucasus, 1% Spanish, <1% of North African, European Jewish, British. Now my ancestry is 92% Italian, 8% Turkey and Caucasus. My guess is a lot of what they classify as Italian is hiding the middle eastern genes. All in all it I’m happy for the update and just confirms What I’ve always known. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redeyednewt
08-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Mine has changed quite a bit and seems a lot more in line with my known ancestry now. My known ancestry is I’m a full southern Italian/Sicilian. My original results listed me as 73% Italian/Greek, 13% middle eastern, 10% Caucasus, 1% Spanish, <1% of North African, European Jewish, British. Now my ancestry is 92% Italian, 8% Turkey and Caucasus. My guess is a lot of what they classify as Italian is hiding the middle eastern genes. All in all it I’m happy for the update and just confirms What I’ve always known. Lol.

How long did it take until your ancestry.com admixture estimations were updated the way the original poster wrote about?

I tried doing what the OP (original poster) wrote to get the updated estimate; but the page would not load and gave me some error, and there was no quiz/questionnaire. I am hesitant to answer the quiz or questionnaire on the main page of the Ancestry DNA section of their site, since I took another questionnaire on some other DNA testing site which I cannot remember the name of, and I answered one of the questions wrong and could not go back and change it. :-|

I have done genealogy for both my parents, grandparents on both sides of the family, and gone back many generations in what are now modern day European countries-in most cases I was able to find records from long before they are the modern day unified countries they are today; but I have been learning about my family's ancestry and doing basic genealogy since I was very young.

redeyednewt
08-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know when Ancestry.com/s DNA estimates officially update?

Bobby Martnen
09-02-2018, 05:45 AM

Weird. I'm 1/8 Sicilian, but I only get 1% Italian on the new test. My 1/4 mom gets 8%.

Grace O'Malley
09-02-2018, 05:57 AM
Try this hack. Just copying what I posted in Etain's Ancestry thread.

If you want to find out what your update is use this hack.

When you go into your ethnicity estimate you will have your unique code at the end, copy that and replace where the xs are. Use the link below.

/www.ancestry.com/dna/origins/secure/tests/xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/ethnicity?version=4 when you use the link below just replace the xs.

Use this link, replace xs and hit enter. It will give you a breakdown.

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/origins...city?version=4

You will get something like this.

{"version":4,"createdAt":1534373551000,"regions ":[{"key":"Celtic","percentage":100,"lowerConfidence" :100,"upperConfidence":100,"lowConfidenceAssignmen t":false,"color":"#f1e000"}]}

You will get more a breakdown than this because that is only showing 100% Celtie i.e Ireland and Scotland.

It uses the old codes like "Celtic" and "Anglo-Saxon" etc but will give let you know your updated results. If you get Celtic that just mean Ireland & Scotland. Post your results here and if there is anything you don't understand I can let you know.

Bobby Martnen
09-02-2018, 05:59 AM

When you go into your ethnicity estimate you will have your unique code at the end, copy that and replace where the xs are. Use the link below.

/www.ancestry.com/dna/origins/secure/tests/xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/ethnicity?version=4 when you use the link below just replace the xs.

{"version":4,"createdAt":1534373551000,"regions ":[{"key":"Celtic","percentage":100,"lowerConfidence" :100,"upperConfidence":100,"lowConfidenceAssignmen t":false,"color":"#f1e000"}]}

You will get more a breakdown than this because that is only showing 100% Celtie i.e Ireland and Scotland.

It uses the old codes like "Celtic" and "Anglo-Saxon" etc but will give let you know your updated results. If you get Celtic that just mean Ireland & Scotland. Post your results here and if there is anything you don't understand I can let you know.

Do you actually get 100% Celtic?

alnortedelsur
09-02-2018, 06:07 AM

OK, this is what I get:

{"version":4,"createdAt":1535089470000,"regions":[{"key":"Spain","percentage":29,"lowerConfidence":28,"upperConfidence":29,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},{"key":"Italy","percentage":24,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":24,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"},{"key":"France","percentage":15,"lowerConfidence":15,"upperConfidence":20,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00cc99"},{"key":"Celtic","percentage":8,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":8,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00b8cd"},{"key":"AmericaN","percentage":5,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":9,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#0087a2"},{"key":"GreeceAlbania","percentage":5,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":5,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#6633cc"},{"key":"Portugal","percentage":4,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":5,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#9933cc"},{"key":"AmericaS","percentage":3,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":8,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#df64b4"},{"key":"CameroonCongo","percentage":2,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":3,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#ed2941"},{"key":"BeninTogo","percentage":2,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":2,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#ff9900"},{"key":"Senegal","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":2,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},{"key":"AngloSaxon","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":1,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"},{"key":"Basque","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":5,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00cc99"}]}

Grace O'Malley
09-02-2018, 06:08 AM
Do you actually get 100% Celtic?

I do and so does my daughter. 100% Ireland and Scotland.

Longbowman
09-02-2018, 06:09 AM
SO CLOSE to Grace's purity levels.

{"version":4,"createdAt":1534932790000,"regions":[{"key":"EuropeJe","percentage":99,"lowerConfidence":89,"upperConfidence":100,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},{"key":"TurkeyArmenia","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":1,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"}]}

AGONISING. Close but no cigar.

Anyhow the update is much better than before. Still not as good as 23andme but in their league now. I'm 94% Sephardic and Ashkenazi, not 99%, and 6% Mizrakhi, so this is not perfect, but a major improvement.

de Burgh II
09-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Interdasting..... 🤔

key "Celtic"
percentage 44

key "France"
percentage 27

key "AngloSaxon"
percentage 21

key "Norway"
percentage 5

key "Basque"
percentage 2

key "AmericaN"
percentage 1

Imperator Biff
09-02-2018, 06:48 PM
I do and so does my daughter. 100% Ireland and Scotland.

{"version":4,"createdAt":1535123762000,"regions":[{"key":"Celtic","percentage":100,"lowerConfidence":100,"upperConfidence":100,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"}]}

Guess we have no choice but to keep that bloodline pure eh? :rolleyes:

alnortedelsur
09-02-2018, 07:28 PM
OK, this is what I get:

{"version":4,"createdAt":1535089470000,"regions":[{"key":"Spain","percentage":29,"lowerConfidence":28,"upperConfidence":29,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},{"key":"Italy","percentage":24,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":24,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"},{"key":"France","percentage":15,"lowerConfidence":15,"upperConfidence":20,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00cc99"},{"key":"Celtic","percentage":8,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":8,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00b8cd"},{"key":"AmericaN","percentage":5,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":9,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#0087a2"},{"key":"GreeceAlbania","percentage":5,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":5,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#6633cc"},{"key":"Portugal","percentage":4,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":5,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#9933cc"},{"key":"AmericaS","percentage":3,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":8,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#df64b4"},{"key":"CameroonCongo","percentage":2,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":3,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#ed2941"},{"key":"BeninTogo","percentage":2,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":2,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#ff9900"},{"key":"Senegal","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":2,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},{"key":"AngloSaxon","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":1,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"},{"key":"Basque","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":5,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00cc99"}]}

According to this, my ancestry breakdown on the new update is going to be like this:

Spain : 29%
Italy : 24%
France : 15%
Celtic : 8%
American : 8%
Greece/Albania : 5%
Portugal: 4%
Cameroon/Congo : 2%
Benin/Togo : 2%
Senegal : 1%
Anglo Saxon : 1%
Basque : 1%

Dick
09-02-2018, 08:32 PM
{"version":4,"createdAt":1534578678000,"regions":\

{"key":"Slavic","percentage":82,"lowerConfidence":79,"upperConfidence":100,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},

{"key":"GreeceAlbania","percentage":18,"lowerConfidence":17,"upperConfidence":20,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"}]}

Rædwald
09-02-2018, 09:21 PM
{"key":"AngloSaxon","percentage":79,"lowerConfidence":72,"upperConfidence":95,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#f1e000"},{"key":"Celtic","percentage":14,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":18,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#75cd00"},{"key":"Norway","percentage":3,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":8,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00cc99"},{"key":"AmericaN","percentage":3,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":6,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#00b8cd"},{"key":"France","percentage":1,"lowerConfidence":0,"upperConfidence":1,"lowConfidenceAssignment":false,"color":"#0087a2"}]}

https://s8.postimg.cc/h5ls4emjp/Screenshot_2018-08-22_at_00.17.47.png

The same as the previous estimate.

alnortedelsur
09-04-2018, 01:13 AM
This is so boring. Though I already have and advance of how my ancestry break down is going to be, I can't wait any more for this update to be official.

Does anybody has an idea of when this update is going to happen?

Bogdan
09-04-2018, 01:24 AM
This is so boring. Though I already have and advance of how my ancestry break down is going to be, I can't wait any more for this update to be official.

Does anybody has an idea of when this update is going to happen?

Still am waiting on mine and I am wondering the same. There doesn't seem to be an official time.

alnortedelsur
09-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Weeks have passed since Grace opened this thread, and my official updated results are not ready yet :bored0:

All I get is a 403 Error message :(

Daco Celtic
09-28-2018, 03:08 AM

Ethnicity Estimate
Updates:

Ireland and Scotland
54%
Munster, Ireland
Cork

Eastern Europe and Russia
16%

Greece and the Balkans